Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.

On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner.
In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner.

When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden.
When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the
picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields
needs to stay hidden.

I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype
and i need to make code on the onload of the page.
I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work.
Can someone please help me out please.
0
Deeske (6)
4/29/2009 2:19:36 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

check the datavalue of customertype picklist on load of form and if it
matchs with your criteris then unhide the filed else hide the field.same kind
of code you have used in onchange will work.

"Deeske" wrote:

> On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner.
> In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner.
>
> When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden.
> When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the
> picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields
> needs to stay hidden.
>
> I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype
> and i need to make code on the onload of the page.
> I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work.
> Can someone please help me out please.
0
sudhanshu (8)

Hiding formuals in cells question

Making data highlight in bold
Hi all, Thanks for other advice previously. This time I would like to do the following: I have columns of sales revenue data, I would like the rows tha contain the clients details (address, # etc) to highlight in bold whe the sales exceed $30000 in the revenue column. Would I use Conditional formatting for this? Thanks in advance for any help Cheers, Saxte -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Saxter! Select the data table Format > Conditional format Formula is: (Example) =$E5>30000 Format button Select format to taste OK OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Chart connected to an Access data base
Hi guys, I have a worksheet with data connected to a Access Data base, 3 columns in total, one column with different dates (D/M/Y) and the other 2 with quantities; I want to create a Line chart with this data to compare quantity-1 and quatity-2, the problem is that the data is very detail, in days and I want to create a chart to compare the quantities but monthly, I could aggregate the data manually but since the data is coming from a database, is going to be updated daily, I want to create something more automatic. Second, I was talk that Microsoft Access doesn’t have a tool to crea...

Exchange-based List Server
We are looking at MS based list server products for our customer communications. We basically are looking for a solution where we can centrally maintain an email list, send messges with each receipient in TO: field (as opposed to BCC:), and hopefully a facility to purge dead email addresses from the list. Other that ReddFish we haven't found any solutiions. Does anyone on this board have any suggestions? Thanks! Theo ListBuilder? It will prevent your own mailserver from becoming blacklisted. Mass mailings are a dangerous business in that respect. Many ISP's consider emails...

hide my name

Combine cells and keep the values
Hello all. I comment you a strange thing that makes my Excel (Office 2003 SP2). (Perhaps is a piece of nonsense and I have reinvent the wheel) In the range ‘A1:A10’ of an empty worksheet I write several values (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10). In the cell ‘A11’ I put `=Average(A1:A10)'. (Result = 5.5) I select the range ’B1:B10’ and with `Format - Alignment', I combine the cells. I copy the combined range ‘B1:B10’ and in A1 I made a Special Paste - Format (if I combine A1:A10 directly does not work) The range ’A1:A10’ is combined and shows the value that was in A1 (1) but it conserves...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

need to display maximum value of corresponding values in excel
Hi, I have a requirement to display the maximum scored students based on the marks. i can able to display only one student if more than one scored the same marks i want to display there name also. example sl.no studentname mark 1 john 90 2 paul 95 3 sam 80 4 michel 95 using this formula =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(MAX(C:C),C:C,0)); i can able to display the value only "paul". i want to display both paul and michel. Please help us on this. Thanks in Advance. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/ 95 =MAX((G1:G21="paul")*...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Charts based on 'virtual' names
Hi all, Just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2007 (big jump!) and trying to fix the things that broke! I routinely make so-called "dynamic" charts in the traditional manner using ranges defined by formula which resolve to ranges of cells e.g. define 'Bias & Precision'!Samples as =OFFSET('Bias & Precision'!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA('Bias & Precision'!$A:$A)-1) I've had a couple of snags with these but it seems to still work as long as I watch the scope of the names. What seems to be very "broken" is the use of names which do not resolve...

Sumif where source values are assigned by "if" formula
I am trying to sum the values in a column (Q20:Q300) based on an assigned designation in another column (N20:N300). The destination cell is Q11. The criteria value is found in cell N11. Values in cells Q20:Q300 are assigned via an "if" condition dependent on a value assigned in column "O". When I place the placed the following formula in my destination cell (Q11), it returned a value of "0" which is incorrect. My assumption is that the formula is recognizing the numeric value in column Q as text and is not adding properly. formula in Q11 ... =sumif(N20...

charting calculated values #2
The cells for future months contain formulas which give values of zer until data is entered on other linked sheets -- dp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dpj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=149 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27225 ...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

log graph zero or negative values error
Hi, Excel gives an error message when you try to plot a zero or negative number on a graph. I am using a template, so I don't want to go through and manually remove the zero data every time. Is there any way to turn off the error message, it is getting VERY irritating. Cheers, Joyce [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Joyce. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] As far as I know, XL insists on complaining when one wants to plot log(x) where x<=0, since that is no corresponding real mathematical value. You could modi...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Last Day of a Week based on NOW()
Good evening all, Just a quick question. How would I work out what all the days in a wee are, based upon the current date. So, have 7 cells, which would work out what their date is, based o today. Example. Today is Thursday, 24th June. Monday- 21/06/2004 Tuesday - 22/06/2004 Wednesday - 23/06/2004 Thursday - 24/06/2004 Friday - 25/06/2004 Saturday - 26/06/2004 Sunday - 27/06/2004 Is this actually possible? With vague thinking, I beleive it might be but I'm not exactly sure how I'd go about working it into a formula Maybe a helper column that would place the the current date into th...

Reversing cell values
how do I reverse the values of a cell (eg. 1234 becomes 4321)??? "ac512" <ac512@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EE3D756-09D5-4232-957E-BDC10728E31E@microsoft.com... > how do I reverse the values of a cell (eg. 1234 becomes 4321)??? Try this UDF (from John Walkenbach's site) in a plain VBA module: Function Reverse(InString) As String 'UDF to reverse string - John W Dim i As Integer Dim StringLength As Integer Reverse = "" StringLength = Len(InString) For i = StringLength To 1 Step -1 Reverse = Reverse &a...

calculation of future value between two dates
HELP please. I am trying to find an easy / short way to calculate future value of a lump sum amount between two dates. The info I will have :- 1. Amount (say $1000 ) 2. Start date of deposit (1st jan 2008) 3. Date to which future value is to be calculated to (1st may 2010) 4. Interest rate ( fixed 10%) 5. Compounded semiannualy. How can I create a formulae to calculate this in one swoop ? "manas123" <manas123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I create a formulae to calculate this in one swoop ? For an approximation: =FV(10%/2, DATEDI...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...