Hep Requested: Getting Started Again

I've recently had to rebuild my PC as a result of which I've
reinstalled Visual Studio 2008 and finally reinstalled the CRM SDK.
However when I attempt to start a new Workflow project I'm having some
problems...

I've added references to Microsoft.Crm.Sdk and
Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy to my project, however when I attempt to
declare these in my classes:
using Microsoft.Crm.Sdk;
It's as if I havn't added the references.

Can anyone refresh my memory as to what I need to do in order to get
my environment back up and working because at the moment I'm at a dead
end.

-Pete
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Sep 24, 4:45=A0pm, lord.tor...@gmail.com wrote:
> I've recently had to rebuild my PC as a result of which I've
> reinstalled Visual Studio 2008 and finally reinstalled the CRM SDK.
> However when I attempt to start a new Workflow project I'm having some
> problems...
>
> I've added references to Microsoft.Crm.Sdk and
> Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy to my project, however when I attempt to
> declare these in my classes:
> using Microsoft.Crm.Sdk;
> It's as if I havn't added the references.
>
> Can anyone refresh my memory as to what I need to do in order to get
> my environment back up and working because at the moment I'm at a dead
> end.
>
> -Pete

Pete,

Have you added them the lines to the top of you class file

HTH
Joe

using Microsoft.Crm.Sdk;
using Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy;
using Microsoft.Crm.Workflow;

On Sep 25, 8:14=A0am, Joe Gill <JoeGill....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 24, 4:45=A0pm, lord.tor...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > I've recently had to rebuild my PC as a result of which I've
> > reinstalled Visual Studio 2008 and finally reinstalled the CRM SDK.
> > However when I attempt to start a new Workflow project I'm having some
> > problems...
>
> > I've added references to Microsoft.Crm.Sdk and
> > Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy to my project, however when I attempt to
> > declare these in my classes:
> > using Microsoft.Crm.Sdk;
> > It's as if I havn't added the references.
>
> > Can anyone refresh my memory as to what I need to do in order to get
> > my environment back up and working because at the moment I'm at a dead
> > end.
>
> > -Pete
>
> Pete,
>
> Have you added them the lines to the top of you class file
>
> HTH
> Joe
>
> using Microsoft.Crm.Sdk;
> using Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy;
> using Microsoft.Crm.Workflow;- Hide quoted text -

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply.
As mentioned in my original post, it's when I'm adding the
declarations that I'm running in to problems.

Usually if I add a reference to a project this gets picked up by
intelisense so that when I start typing "using Microsoft.Crm.Sdk;" I
am able to auto-complete the rest. However in this case, intelisense
doesn't see the addition of the new dll to the project. If I enter
"using Microsoft." the only option available is "{} Win32".

I can manually type out the full name, indeed I this is what I have
done, but then when I try to call anything contained within that dll,
once again intelisense doesn't recognise it's existance.

-Pete

How to get a newline
Hello, I am working on a small procedure and it's giving me a headache. I have a file that consists exactly of the following info: Name1/ Name2/ Name3/ I am trying to read each name into a string and display it in a lisbox. Here is what I am doing: TRY { pFile = new CFile(_T("C:\\Data\\SVG\\Web\\layers.txt"), CFile::modeRead | CFile::shareDenyNone); char pbuf [1000]; UINT nBytesRead = pFile->Read(pbuf, sizeof(pbuf)); int z = 0; int i = 0; int count = 0; CString layer; //GET THE DELIMITER NUMBER while (z <...

get figures into right colom
I have to put this file into excel http://www-personal.buseco.monash.edu.au/~hyndman/TSDL/data/wine.dat When I do that every figure is located in colom A while in fact onl the first colom had to be in A and the second colom had to be in colo B and so on. Can somebody help me please thank you a lo -- Palliete ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pallieter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2778 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47293 Hi Mark the whole of column A Choose Data&g...

Getting Rid of Text Boxes in Powerpoint
Does anyone know how to get rid of the text box outline? It keeps printing a 0.25 point line around my textboxes and I can't figure out how to get rid of those. I have MS Office 2003 on my computer. Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting to a newsgroup related to PowerPoint. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "graemew" <graemew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EE9FB91-0B81-4703-9E33-1F25...

Repost: Microsoft 2002 won't run on Windows XP, can't get product id for MS Help
After installing Microsoft 2002 on my Windows XP system I get the error "Unable to initialize a required Money component." The Microsoft CHECKSKU program detects, but does not correct, the problem. I cannot create an online help request from Microsoft because I can't get the product id because I can't run Money. Any help anyone can offer? Thanks a bunch! Keith... I found three articles in the MS KB on this. The third one has the checksku stuff, try the first two. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310765 http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Start-Job Help
Hi Guys, First off, I would like to say thanks to all the regular contributors to this site, a lot of my scripts have been fixed by reading question on here! I'm currently playing with PS 2.0 to see how the scripts I currently have written work with it, with a view to soon, enabling WinRM on all our servers and using invoke-command to run everything. Thats is a few months away though, so at the moment I'm stuck running the scripts from the 1 server, across 180(ish) machines. Up until PS 2.0, I had been using the new-taskpool script that I found for my threading fix. So, my que...

Requesting formula help
Hi I am looking for help in creating a formula. These are my variables: Estimated Beta of stock is - 1.5 Current Stock price is - $50 Estimated price is - $60 Standard Deviation is - $2.50 Risk free rate of return is - 4% Market risk premium is - 8% Looking for the probability that the stock is overvalued? Thank you, brad ...

How do I get an automatic reminder with a certain cell value? #2
Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a certain thing is typed into a cell? For example, each time I type "new instrument", I want a reminder to pop-up like a comment would that says "Call Property Accounting". Is there a function like this in Excel? Assuming data entry cells are col. A, right-click the worksheet tab, choose "View Code", copy in the code below, and press ALT+Q to close VBE. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim sMsg As String With Target If .Column > 1 Then Exit Sub If .Count > 1 Then Exit...

Getting a multiple user license for Office 2004 for Mac
Right now my small company has one copy of MO2004 and I'm the one using it. We are upgrading the rest of the computers to OSX and there are more people than me that use Word and Excell. I've spent all morning on various websites trying to determine whether we can get an Open License Value pack so more than one person can use these programs at a time. I know one can buy an Open License Value pack and I know one can buy Office 2004 for the Mac, but I can't determine whether both options are available for us. Does anyone know? We're hoping to not have to buy multiple copies of ...

how do I get data from an array into one cell (comma delimited)
looking for a way to query an array 3 cells by 3 cells (they have numeric data only) and return a value in a seperate cell that has all the numbers in the array (comma delimited) thanks If C1 thru E3 contain: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 then: =C1 & "," & D1 &","& E1 &","& C2 &","& D2 &","& E2 &","& C3 &","& D3 &","& E3 will return: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 -- Gary's Student "bb" wrote: > looking for a way to query an array 3 cells by 3 cell...

Getting value from a picklist
I'm trying to use the value in a select picklist (based on the Contacts table) in some SQL to get further data from the CRM database. I'm looking at something along the lines of (AIR CODE!): var oDataValue = crmForm.all.new_enduserid.DataValue; var oSQL = "SELECT * FROM whateverTable WHERE TableID = " + oDataValue; However, it doesn't work - I'm unable to get the value of the selected item in the picklist. This line of code: alert(oDataValue); returns: [object Object] while attempting to get SelectedText returns "undefined". What am I doing wrong? ...

Cannot Start programs
This morning I used "Super antispyware" to get rid of the "XP Guardian2010"trojan.Now I cannot start any programs when I click their icons on the desktop,but I just discovered that if I go to the "quick launch toolbar right click on the icon and press start,it will start the program.Any ideas,I can't start system or anything in the control panel.Thanks Jack Ramos wrote : > This morning I used "Super antispyware" to get rid of the "XP > Guardian2010"trojan.Now I cannot start any programs when I click their icons > on the...

how do I get a php code
I have Data in Zip files which I need to get up and running as drop down menus for locating which part is compatible etc. I was sent the data by my main supplier howver they have told me to get it all working I need a php code/ what is it? where do I get it? and then what do I do with it? Thanks Jim ...

Getting owner draw child control to paint when calling SetWindowText
Hi, I have an owner draw static class. DrawItem is called (and works ok) when the dialog repaints, i.e. initially and when restored, but my class DrawItem is not called when SetWindowText is called. Is there some way to get a dialog to request an owner draw child control to paint itself other than calling Invalidate() and UpdateWindow() in the dialog class (which draws all the controls and in my app results in an endless loop as the static text is changed by a slider control)? TIA Jan Some detail omitted for clarity: class ColorStatic : public CStatic { public: ColorStatic(); ~Colo...

CD does not start
After installing XP on a new disk everything appeared normal. I was able to install a few applications from their cds. Then I attempted to install an application from a downloaded file, but it did not work. So I installed MS frame works and windows installer. Then I was able to install the application from the downloaded file. When I attempted to install another application from its cd (with autorun), nothing happened, namely it fail to start. If I force the setup.exe from Explorer, the error message shows up: "the application configuration is incorrect". Thinking for...

Getting the Last 4 values in a row?
Hi all, I have a sheet with data consisting of 8 columns and 5 rows. A B C D E F G H 1 2 3 4 5 Column A contains names and the remaining columns and the remaining columns contain data as such; 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 B v1 v2 v3 C v1 v2 v3 v4 D v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 E v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 What I need to do is to get the last 4 value in each column. How can I do that. Thanks for your help, Themd That's easy enough to do, but what do ...

Help! Still can't get E mail.
I tried everything I could think of and I still can not receive any E mail with Outlook Express. Most of the time I get the error message below. Any help is appreciated. George-NY ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------- The host 'mail.optonline.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Try posting this in an...

how do you get a trendline to ignore anomalies?
if i want anomalies to appear on a graph, but want the trend line to ignore them so it doesn't ruin the trend line, how do i do it? Plot two data series on the graph, and add the trendline to the series that does not have anomalies. Jerry Rico wrote: > if i want anomalies to appear on a graph, but want the trend line to ignore > them so it doesn't ruin the trend line, how do i do it? > Plot two data series on the graph, and add the trendline to the series > that does not have anomalies Jerry's approach has the added benefit that it will allow you to plot the...

Getting data from Several Work Books
Dear all, After some advis here, I have several workbooks all with different names but in the same directory I.E. Excel1.xls Excel2.xls Excel3.xls Excel4.xls In each of the above I want to get out the value for say A2. And put it in a totals.xls in the same directory. I started to do it and I got this as my value .. ='[Excel1.xls]Expense Report'!$R$20 <-------- This returned the correct value. When i opened the document again it asked if i wanted to "update" the workboog ... whick i did want to have the updated info, the pro...

Repeated request to enter user name and psw for pop3 account
Hi, Outlook asks me repeatedly to enter user name and psw for my pop3 account on pop.mail.yahoo.com I verified the user name and psw on Yahoo webmail and reentered the username and psw into outlook/email accounts. Still, every time it does send/receive, the window "Enter Network Password" pops up... Vista home premium SP1, office 2007 SP2 Thank you for your help. On 12/29/2009 10:46 AM, Erik wrote: > Hi, > Outlook asks me repeatedly to enter user name and psw for my pop3 > account on pop.mail.yahoo.com > I verified the user name and psw on Yahoo web...

Cannot Start Outlook XP
I got the following error message: "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register. The key 'Display Name' is either missing or has an incorrect value. [File C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\forms\1033 \SECREC(2).CFG, Section Description]" I could not get past the error message to open Outlook. I tried to run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll with no sucess. I also reinstalled Microsoft Office XP, but the same error message appeared when I tried to open Outlook. Any ideas how to solve this problem ------------------------...

Cannot start money essentials
I just got my wife a new Toshiba laptop. We're trying to start Microsoft Money Essentials OEM for the first time. On the initial startup it asked if I wanted to run update and I said yes. It downloaded something and applied the update. Now when I start it up I have to go through a setup process. I have put in her LIVE account information but it keep saying that I have to go online and reenter my login details. When I click the help icon nothing comes up. It says page can not be displayed. Oddly enouh when I try to create a new LIVE account through the money setup I also get a &quo...

Not getting Notifications
I don't get email notifications when people reply to my postings. I have it set up to do so. Ideas? 1. I check the Notify me of replies box. 2. I double-check the setup and it is supposed to send alerts. Hi Mike, I first reported this problem on Oct 28. You possibly know this but just in case. The only way to check is via your profile. The most recent ones are on the bottom after you select 'Show all my notifications'. I follow up the report periodically and the following is the last reply I received. (24 to 72 hours is now exceeded.) **********...

Slow Start-up; "Installing Excel Feature"
Each time I open Excel, as the program tries to open a small window opens on top saying "Installing: Microsoft Excel Feature." This remains for a LONG time, and eventually the program finally opens. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks. You might check in Tools, Add-ins and see if there are any selected that you don't intend to have start up. Also look in your XLStart folder and make sure there isn't anything there that you didn't want.. MRO "emmnpcc" <emmnpcc@aol.com> wrote in message news:05e901c36e84$d460adb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Ea...

getting the account id when I have the incident id from url querystring
Hi, How to get the account id for a case when I have an incident id obtained from the request,and then say... get details like faxnumber for an account,is this a valid question ??I see an CRM Incident.Retrieve method to read the incident table perhaps,there is a foreign key, Regards, Mandar Agashe. If you use the Incident.Retrieve, it will give you the AccountId as one of the field in there. though it is most likely label CustomerId along with CustomerTypeCode. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Mandar" <mandaragashe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127397161.44838...

Excel starts very slowly
Hi Everybody. On a Windows XP computer with Office XP, I have this problem since a couple of days. When I launch Excel, it starts SOOOOOO slowly (between 1 and 2 minutes). Once launched, no problem, I can open spreadsheets very quickly (2 sec). It is the same thing if I try to open a spreadsheets when Excel is closed before: need to wait about 1 to 2 minutes... In fact, the problem seems really to be to launch Excel. This problem happened after somebody sent me a xlsm file. I couldn't opent it. But there's probably a link ? I checked my macro: everything is disabled; an...