Help! Setfocus problem

i ave a dropdown field on the first tab. I use setfocus so that it selects a
different field to stop users scrolling down and changing the selection on
the load event.

Problem

When a user changes tab and come back to the origional tab the setfocus
doesnt run as the form is already loaded. How do you get around this?

This is driving me and users mad at minute...please help before i open
another bottle of dark rum!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Brian,
Check out following URL; how to fire onclick event on tab click. It may help
you.
http://crmrocks.net/?p=16

--
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com

"Brian McFarland" wrote:

> i ave a dropdown field on the first tab. I use setfocus so that it selects a
> different field to stop users scrolling down and changing the selection on
> the load event.
>
> Problem
>
> When a user changes tab and come back to the origional tab the setfocus
> doesnt run as the form is already loaded. How do you get around this?
>
> This is driving me and users mad at minute...please help before i open
> another bottle of dark rum!
I could give ya a big kiss for that. Cheers

I should have thought about the tab onclick event

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi Brian,
> Check out following URL; how to fire onclick event on tab click. It may help
> you.
> http://crmrocks.net/?p=16
>
> --
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
> feedback.
>
> uMar Khan
> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
>

> "Brian McFarland" wrote:
>
> > i ave a dropdown field on the first tab. I use setfocus so that it selects a
> > different field to stop users scrolling down and changing the selection on
> > the load event.
> >
> > Problem
> >
> > When a user changes tab and come back to the origional tab the setfocus
> > doesnt run as the form is already loaded. How do you get around this?
> >
> > This is driving me and users mad at minute...please help before i open
> > another bottle of dark rum!
This worked to a point.

On the load event it changed focus to a different field. but as soon as you
changed tab and then changed back the focus went back to the first field on
the form. This is a real pain.

How do i edit the tabs onload event or change? or is there another way?

"Brian McFarland" wrote:

> I could give ya a big kiss for that. Cheers
>
> I should have thought about the tab onclick event
>
> "uMar Khan" wrote:
>
> > Hi Brian,
> > Check out following URL; how to fire onclick event on tab click. It may help
> > you.
> > http://crmrocks.net/?p=16
> >
> > --
> > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
> > feedback.
> >
> > uMar Khan
> > Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> >

> > "Brian McFarland" wrote:
> >
> > > i ave a dropdown field on the first tab. I use setfocus so that it selects a
> > > different field to stop users scrolling down and changing the selection on
> > > the load event.
> > >
> > > Problem
> > >
> > > When a user changes tab and come back to the origional tab the setfocus
> > > doesnt run as the form is already loaded. How do you get around this?
> > >
> > > This is driving me and users mad at minute...please help before i open
> > > another bottle of dark rum!

sumifs help

Help !

multi-thread problem
I am not sure how to correctly write this Worker Thread example program. And I realize that this specific problem is somewhat more of a C++ issue. But I really needed to make sure that I was correctly writing this part of the program. I've also encountered another problem, but I thought it could be connected with this first problem here. However, I would hoped to ask about it later. How do you write the statement that "post" the long integer in the Controller thread to the receiving function. UINT CThreadTestDlg::Thread1(LPVOID lParam) { CThreadTestDlg* pHwnd = (...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

ole drag and drop problem in a ListView
I've implemented ole drag and drop in my application's listview. My understanding is that I should get scrolling for free but I don't get any scrolling action. Am I missing something here? I'm new to OLE so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Omundu. ...

Problem copying table data as a picture onto chartsheet
I'm having a strange problem. I'm creating a special chart which has a pie chart on it as well as some tabular data that is formatted the way we want it on a worksheet, then pasted onto the chartsheet as a picture. (The pie chart aspect is working fine. I'm just having a problem with the tabular data.) When I copy the tabular data manually by selecting the data on the worksheet, then going to the Home tab and choosing the Paste menu dropdown, then "As Picture", then "Copy as picture...". In the resulting dialog box, I choose "As shown on scr...

Auto Archive problem
Hi All, We use Outlook 2003 Sp3. One of my users has this problem with the Auto Archive feature: certain folders of his mailbox don't get archived. The emails stay in these folders and others folders emails get moved to the PST file according to the Auto Archive settings. Even if I try to archive manually some of the forlers that don't work, nothing gets archived. What can I do with this? Regards, Are you aware that the Date used to archive is the Date Last Modified? This may be causing what you think is unsual behaviour. When were the items last modified? Regards Judy ...

exch 5.5 help

Problems sharing a file
I'm running Excel 97 SR2 and Win98SE. When I share the workbook Excel wants to save the book. OK. It then notifies me that it contains macros & VB code ... OK. I then get an illegal operation message and it closes Excel without saving. When I open the file again, sharing is not enabled. Did I miss something? Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong? Oscar ...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

OnActivateView problem
I have a class derived from CView, say CViewA. I have controls in a CDialogBar. when the view CViewA is activated I enable the button on the dialogbar and when it is deactivated I disable the buttons on the dialog bar. But i donot want the buttons to enable or disable when there is switch between same type of view. This is creating refreshing problem. First the CViewA, OnActivateView is called with bActivate equal to False, then the same function is called with bActivate equals to true. I used the following code to find which view is getting active:- CMainFrame *frame = (CMainFrame *)AfxGet...

Macro Help

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

receiving mail problem
I am on a network running Microsoft Backoffice (I think) and XP Professional on our workstations. Last week we statred rejecting or bouncing incoming emaild from certain addresses. They faxed us the message which says "this message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server." We have not changed any settings or done anything different. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. > I am on a network running Microsoft Backoffice (I think) and XP > Professional on our workstations. Last week we statred rejecting or > bouncing incom...

Exchange 5.5 Problem
I can't send email to this email address and I know it works since I tested it using my yahoo and hotmail accounts. For some reason our exchange 5.5 server is not sending it out. This is the message I get in return. "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test email Sent: 1/6/2004 10:25am The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'frednezzar@club-internet.fr' on 1/6/2004 10:25am The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ; p=hmt;l=londondc-04010616244...

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

local kernel debugging problem
I am trying to locally debug my driver on vista SP2(32-bit).To enable it,it(windbg) asks to execute: bcdedit -debug on and restart,but it appears to have no effect as even after executing(with admin privileges) & restarting,it(windbg) still displays 'local kernel debugging isn't enabled on this system'& instructs to execute bcdedit -debug on to enable it. then how this configuration can actually be performed? Local kernel debugging is almost worthless. You cannot set breakpoints, you cannot monitor debug output, so why bother? You need to get a virtual ...