HELP! No One has system admin rights

Can anyone help. One of our CRM users has managed to remove the system admin
role from the domain administrator account!!  We're only using the MSDN
licences and none of the other users have system admin roles, their all
either marketing staff of sales staff.

Any help would be great thanks in advance.

0
John
8/23/2004 11:12:54 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

well john if ur domain administrator is the account with which u installed
CRM then what u can do is log on crm machine with system admin and go to
deployment manager and create another temporary user with the system
administrator role and then use it to provide the system adminitrator rights
to ur domain admin, this is possible since the user who installed crm does
not require any liscence to add users via deployment manager but then this
will require you to have one liscence available out of the provided 5.  If
your out of liscenses then you will have to do it via hacking ur way into
the SQL database.
here are the steps that i think will work:

what u need is to insert a new record in the SystemUserRole table with
RoleID and SystemUserID information, now follow the following steps to get
the required information:

*) open query analyser in the sql database MSDN_Subscriber_MSCRM
*) run the query "select businessunitid, name from businessunitbase" and
copy the systemuserid
*) then run the query "select roleid from rolebase where businessunitid =
'[replace the copied systemuserid here]' and name = 'System Administrator'"
and copy the roleid
*) then run the query "select systemuserid, domainname from systemuserbase"
and copy the systemuserid for ur domain administrator
*) then run the query "insert into SystemUserRoles (systemuserid, roleid)
values ([replace the systemuserid here], [replace the roleid here])"

hope this will work out.  anyone else would like to coment on wether i have
provided the right way of doing this ??
Regds
Ashfaq Ali

"John Erskine" <nospam@thanks.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help. One of our CRM users has managed to remove the system
admin
> role from the domain administrator account!!  We're only using the MSDN
> licences and none of the other users have system admin roles, their all
> either marketing staff of sales staff.
>
> Any help would be great thanks in advance.

0
Ashfaq

sumifs help

two users on one computer
I have Windows 7 and use Outlook 2003. I really want to separate my husbands emails from mine, so I created a new email account for him. How can I have his emails sent to a different location within Outlook? You need to create his personal username in Windows 7 so that he can manage his own emails and documents; and you can manage your own emails and documents. If you don't know how to create his own username then I suggest post your query here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/threads hth "karen" <karen@discussions.micro...

Help !

Outbound to one domain won't flow
I have a lot of mail in my queue going to a state mail server that will not go out. I can successfully telnet to the server on port 25 and manually send an test message via telnet. It comes back as message accepted. When I look in System Manager, it says that the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. I'm at a loss. Anyone have any ideas? Andy Dover, DE Are you running all your telnet test from the server itself or from your PC? Andy Siegel wrote: > I have a lot of mail in my queue going to a state mail server that will not > go out. I can successfully tel...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

How do I make one word have small caps?
Suppose I have a word named WORDED, and I want the "ORDED" part to become slightly smaller. I want it like "ORDED with smaller caps" and not like this "orded". I tried going selecting "ORDED and changing the font to small caps", but nothing really happened. How do i fix this? The usual way would be to type Worded (with an initial cap), and then format the whole word as Small caps. If the difference isn't sufficient, you could always type the word in all caps and format the W as 12 points and the ORDED as something significantly smaller...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Imaging system joined with Great Plains
Hello, Has anyone successfully joined an imaging system with Great Plains. We want to link images and other files to invoicing in the Sales Order Processing Module. Any advice? thanks, Ed A client of mine just bought Docuware and I was asked to integrate it with GP. The first and only time (so far) that I worked with it was when the Docuware Sales Manager and I tried to create an integration between docuware and GP(v9) Docuware has two tools to create/manage the integration one is a user-usable tool (technically savvy - say a GP admin) point and click etc. that is what he use...

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Outlook 2007 Calender Permissions Context Menu does not open on right-click (only 1 user affected)
Hello, one of our users cannot open the context menu to set calendar permissions in Outlook 2007 (right-clicking on calendar). Hourglass appears and process hangs forever (window does not even appear). Have to use taskman to end it. No events appearing in event viewer that relate in any way :( Further details: xp32, Office 2007 Pro, all patches (2010-06-24) Running Processes, Services, Antivirus and other tools are the same for all users (accessing permissions work for others). No macros running in background. Any clue where to start my search or what to fix? Would be nice if I wouldn&#...

Macro Help

help me #2

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...