groups(creating users)

Make sure all the services that crm use are running under the account you
installed crm with(domain admin). Make sure sql services run under that
account as well. Also add your CRM server and domain user account to the
pre-windows 2000 group*.

Graham

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Create user Wizard / Login Control
Good Evening everyone, Just wondering if someone can help with my problem. I created an ASP website using VB ( all in VS 2008), I created a Create User page and added a Create User Wizard Control, and I also created a second page that has a Login Control, once logged in the user is redirected to a Members page. Eveything works fine on the computer I created this on and it works on every computer I have copied it to and worked on thru VS. I wanted to put on a webserver to view in actual production, I just copied the folder with solution and all other files onto a flash drive ...

CRM and Users Roles
Hello, ...

cannot create new fields in CRM
Hi There, we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the error message saying "An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator." As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we are running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0 Rgds, Kyaw is the System Customizer role deleted? if it is, add the role back using the script found here: http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/826a19aab8ff173a/80d124150a51875c?lnk=st&q=mscrm+customizer+role+de...

Error creating dates
I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary When i do double click nothing happens... Any idea? Thanks in advance. Reboot your computer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Virgulilla asked: | I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary | | When i do double click nothing happens... | Any idea? | | Thanks in advance. ...

Quick create 08-05-03
When you create a new activity from a user's home page, you have the option to choose the recipient of this activity. When you select the magnifying glass to choose the recipient, the subsequent screen has a button to create a "New" entity. However, when you select this the "Quick Create" screen which comes up does not have any fields to fill out to create the entity. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this functionality not available yet? Thanks! It does work fine for me (I see all of my Business Required and Business Recommended adding a new recipient defined as...

EXCEL, I want to create a series of calendars with dates marked f.
I have a list of all our maintenance requirements in excel. I need to produce a series of calendar check sheets with reminders of when each maintenance function is required. I have daily, weekly, quaterly, etc. I need to produce the calendars and post them for operator signature each month. Is there a better tool for this? ...

New Users are not appearing in GAL
We've got SBS 2003 standard, just recently when we have created new users their details are not appearing in the Global Address List. In Exchange Manager when you browse the address lists and click Preview, the new users appear, though they still do not being published to the clients. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be a great help. What version of outlook are you using? Have you checked to see if they appear when accessing through OWA? "Sedgwick" wrote: > We've got SBS 2003 standard, just recently when we have created new users > their details are not ...

Prevent users forwarding to external address
Anyone have any ideas how we can prevent users from setting up a rule to forward messages to an external address (like their home ISP)? We forbid this but need a way to enforce it. In Exchange System Manager, go to the Internet Message Formats object found in the Global Settings node. Here you will find an option to disallow automatic forwards to the Internet. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Colin M. Smith" <mark@netrends.com> wrote in message news:uSWtZGxlFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An...

WMP sees sync devices differently by user??
I am experienceing unusual behavior with WMP11. I am running Windows XP-MCE with SP3, and a Sandisk Sansa c240, all firmware and software up-to-date. I have 3 user accounts set up on the machine - 2 administrative and 1 limited. The Sansa is recognized as an MTP device, and appears as a portable device in explorer, and device manager under both administrative accounts. However, WMP only sees it under one of the administrative accounts (the one I'd prefer not to use). - When connected, the WMP instance in questions briefly displays "Sansa c240 detected" in the b...

Exchange user remote keeps geting 503 errors
I've got a sales rep out on vacation - he brought his office laptop with him (outlook 2003). We have Exchange 2003 back in the office and before he left we set his earthlink account (POP) to be his default. He's authenticating to the POP server to sent out but keeps gettings on 4/26/2006 5:44 PM 503 No recipient(s). errors. Any thoughts you may have out there? Thanks, Brad What smtp addresses are you mailboxes stamped with? Any non-routable like user@domain.local? Nue "Brad Palmer" <brad_palmer28@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:mjW3g.76782...

Option Group 04-19-10
I am new to using option groups. I will have several of them that will be a value of 1-5 and want to total them up in a report. Do I need a field for each option group? Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie grp1, grp2, etc.? Thanks, Les You've told us "how", but not "what". "How" depends on "what"! If you have data with values of 1-5, and "several of them", is there a chance you are working with something like a rating scale, or a survey? If so, you may benefit (*and get more...

Create and customize axis on all sides of charts
It would be very helpful, especially for large charts, to be able to define/create an axis for all sides of the chart. Currently you can only have a secondary axis if you have multiple data sets in the chart, but it would be great if you were able to have the chart print the secondary axis even with a single data set. If this was possible, it would make sense to have each axis be independent of the others, allowing for custom scale, units, formatting, etc. We have several professors asking for this feature, and currently they have to kludge the chart to get it. For the sake of my ow...

don't want birthdays created automtically in my calendar
HI, It's very anoing that outlook automatically creates birthdays in he calendar for every single contact. Can that be prevented? Allan ...

Add New User but no Mailbox created
To anyone be able to assist, We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the Domain as the new user. My problems are that:- 1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The new user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:- "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." also 2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I check the &quo...

create a form that collects parameters
Hi, i need a form where we search for a detail and the result should be published in the bottom, based on the result the user will decide what to do next in acess 2007. i refered the link below http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100963141033.aspx#form_param in this some mistake is there in the macro can somebody help me out. if any template for search form is available please let me know. thank you, -- Kalai Maybe something like this: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm This could be very helpful too: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut06.htm Al...

Can I create Outlook Distribution List from Access database?
Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already stored in an Access database. I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database, but would like to send the same email to several of the email addresses in one go. yes you can http://library.cortland.edu/tps/materials/distributionlistaccess.pdf Jan Main wrote: >Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already >stored in an Access database. >I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database, >but would like to s...

Creating multiple hyperlinks created in 1 cell.
Is it possible to create more than 1 hyperlink per cell in a worksheet? I need to be able to link to multiple documents. If you're willing to cheat a bit. You can add two rectangles (formatted nicely to hide the borders) over the cell, you can assign different links to each. pjfandejf wrote: > > Is it possible to create more than 1 hyperlink per cell in a worksheet? I > need to be able to link to multiple documents. -- Dave Peterson ...

Grouping and Ungrouping Greyed out
Hi, My Uncle (who has been using Publisher for years) has called me to ask why he can't group or ungroup a picture and a text box in Publisher 2003. The options appear to be greyed out when he goes to use them. Also, when he uses the select objects button he can draw a box around the objects but the group icon does not appear at the bottom right of the select objects box. He's stuck without broadband right now which is why I am asking. Thanks for any help, Becki. Does the text box fill the entire page? Ask your Uncle if he has drawn a full border on his document? If yes, te...

Deleting Exchange user accounts & Home folders
Hi, When deleting an Exchange user in ESM would it automatically delete the mapped home folder for that user (mapped in the Profile tab)? We currently create a folder in a shared datastore folder so that each user can save work on the server Personally, I feel deleting an exchange user account will not delete the home folder. I guess I will have to delete the home folder manually? Thanks, PL You are correct - it will not delete the home folder. Instead of doing it manually you could probably find or create a cleanup script to run once in a while that removes the orphaned folders. ...

Creating new excel docs with links
Hello, I was wondering if I can do the below with links in excel: I want to create an application that will read an excel file that contains the names of students in a course and creates a new excel file for each of the students based on the source file. The name of each new excel file should be the name of the student. I know I can create new worksheet and then link the cells between the source file and the new file. However, can I somehow have the link create a brand new excel file with the name of the contents of the cell the link is in? For example, if I have a cell in a source fil...

TimeStamp & User Modified for Budget
There are no Date/TimeStamp or User Modified fields for Budget data. There is no way of knowing who/when numbers were posted. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mi...

Microsoft has removed 500+ groups, including 21 Windows-98 groups
I'm not exactly sure when this happened, but Microsoft has removed approx. 535 groups from it's server. 21 of those pertain to windows-98. Those 21 groups are: --------------------- microsoft.public.il.hebrew.win98 microsoft.public.jp.win98 microsoft.public.kr.windows98.qna microsoft.public.nl.windows98 microsoft.public.win98.comm.dun microsoft.public.win98.comm.modem microsoft.public.win98.display.general microsoft.public.win98.display.multi_monitor microsoft.public.win98.fat32 microsoft.public.win98.internet.netmeeting microsoft.public.win98.msinfo32 microsoft.p...

How to create chart basic
How to create a scatter chart with spread sheet below. The x axis may be location and Y axis are lot name Lot value location A 3 1 A 4 2 A 5 3 B 6 1 B 4 2 B 2 3 C 5 1 C 6 2 C 8 3 D 4 1 D 9 2 D 5 3 Daniel, Highlight the whole chart of data. Select the Chart Wizard on the top of Excel screen. Select the scatter plot. Data should be "rows" not "columns". Select the "Series" tab. "Name:" ="A" "X Values:" =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$4 "Y Values:" =Sheet1!$C$2:$C$4 This assumes that your data is in column A thru C, Lot in A1, value in ...

Posting Notes to a Group of Contacts
I would like to post a note to a group of contacts in a view. Can anyone point me in the right direction. TIA! Donnie Donnie, Create a manual workflow rule that does one action: Insert a Note. Then, select all contacts you want to apply the note to, Then, select Apply Rule from the Actions menu, and select your rule. Good luck, Dave ------------------------------------------------- David L. Carr, President Visionary Software Consulting, Inc. Main #: 971-327-6944 To download a fully functional trial version of VAST, (Visionary Audit System Tools for Microsoft CRM), that works against...

SQL-Dynamics V10 Users
I have some messy stuff going on with Dynamics and SQL users. I have users that are users in the databases, but not in Dynamics, and users in Dynamics that are not in SQL. Is there a script or anything to run to straighten this out? Right now it is manual process where I have to go user by user, check in dynamics and which companies they use, then go to SQL and check each database... Any suggestions? -- Doug Why can't you do this through the user interface? Did you resore a backup of Dynamics of something? As far as I know, the only way to create a GP login is to do it throu...