Grouping contacts 09-28-04

Is there any way to create groups of contacts?  Aside from
adding them to Companies (Accounts), can they by added to
multiple groups?  For example, I may want to create a
distribution list for all contacts that like wine, and
another one for all contacts that receive the annual
newsletter.  One contact may be a member of both of these
groups.

I can't see any way of doing this in CRM, even though
almost all Contact Management systems I have seen allow
this (pretty basic) functionality.

Any ideas?

Nish Patel
Cambridge Mercantile Corp.
0
Nish
9/28/2004 8:59:45 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Nish,

You have 2 options here.

1.    An administrator can create the necessary views and then everyone will
have access to them.

2.    You buy the SearchPac from c360.com and users can create and save
advanced queries.

Stephen

"Nish Patel" <npatel@cambridgefx.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to create groups of contacts?  Aside from
> adding them to Companies (Accounts), can they by added to
> multiple groups?  For example, I may want to create a
> distribution list for all contacts that like wine, and
> another one for all contacts that receive the annual
> newsletter.  One contact may be a member of both of these
> groups.
>
> I can't see any way of doing this in CRM, even though
> almost all Contact Management systems I have seen allow
> this (pretty basic) functionality.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Nish Patel
> Cambridge Mercantile Corp.

0
Stephen
9/28/2004 10:04:40 PM
Hi Stephen,

Could you expand a bit on the technique of the administrator adding views?

I could really use some help here.

regards,
Tim

"Stephen Redmond" wrote:

> Hi Nish,
>
> You have 2 options here.
>
> 1.    An administrator can create the necessary views and then everyone will
> have access to them.
>
> 2.    You buy the SearchPac from c360.com and users can create and save
> advanced queries.
>

> Stephen
>
> "Nish Patel" <npatel@cambridgefx.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way to create groups of contacts?  Aside from
> > adding them to Companies (Accounts), can they by added to
> > multiple groups?  For example, I may want to create a
> > distribution list for all contacts that like wine, and
> > another one for all contacts that receive the annual
> > newsletter.  One contact may be a member of both of these
> > groups.
> >
> > I can't see any way of doing this in CRM, even though
> > almost all Contact Management systems I have seen allow
> > this (pretty basic) functionality.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Nish Patel
> > Cambridge Mercantile Corp.

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Filtering Graphs 04-09-07
Is it possible to filter a graph if you have set the filter in the original query? -- Geoff D. A chart/graph control can be filter much the same as a subreport. One handy method is to use the Link Master/Child properties. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Geoff D" wrote: > Is it possible to filter a graph if you have set the filter in the original > query? > -- > Geoff D. ...

Hungover Outlook Contacts
Hi. I'm using Windows XP and Outlook 2003. One can type in a name of a contact in the "Type a contact to find" on the standard toolbar of Outlook 2003. This will bring up the corresponding contact. Outlook remembers these names. When I delete the contact, however, the name stays. How can I delete the name from the drop down box on the toolbar? Thanks in advance. Are you talking about when you create an email and on the TO: line, you start typing and name auto fills in? If you are, all you need to do is start typing in the auto fill and before it pops in the TO: line, then hi...

Date format 04-19-07
Good afternoon: I have a field "ship date" in a table that is populated as follow "05JAN2006" (DDMMMYYYY) and this field is a text field. I would like to turn this field into a date field where I could make calculations and REALLY have a date information. I would like to add a column to the table and use an update query to transfor the ship date into a real date... What is the function you would recommend using to do so? Is there a better way than to add a column, upodate and then remove one column? Thanks Michel Khennafi wrote: > Good afternoon: > > I ...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

multiple formats in a cell 11-17-09
I'm trying to find a way of displaying the content of a cell as either a number or a percentage depending on the output from a lookup. I'm struggling to find a way to do this in Excel 2003. Can you help please? Provide some examples about your data and how would you like to get the result… -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Gridlock" wrote: > I'm trying to find a way of displaying the content of a cell as either a > number or a percentage depending on the output from a lookup. I'm struggling > to find a way to...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Problem with contact in Windows Live Mail
One of my contacts in Windows Live Mail has changed their profile picture, but when I try to edit my contacts list, their old picture is still displayed with a message "The contact could not be sent to the server because the instant messaging address is invalid". However the instant messaging address is NOT invalid, because I regularly send instant messages to that address from Windows Live Messenger. Does anybody know what I need to do to fix this problem PLEASE. Many thanks and regards. Geoff ...

a 04-02-07
g ...

tracking contact and account list in CRM
Hi! I need an advice. We have purchased marketing list with accounts and contact and imported them in CRM. We will you this list for series of quick campaigns, but I would like to be able to track effectiveness of the whole list. What is the proper way to do it? Regards, Alexander ...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

Using BCC in contact distribution lists
Have been unable to figure out how to set up a distribution list using BCC. Can someone help? Put your DL in the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05c001c3d251$8b6371c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Have been unable to figure out how to set up a > distribution list using BCC. Can someone help? ...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...

Out of office Assistant #28
I have only one user out of 400 that is getting this error on out of office assistant. "This command is not avilable. see the program documentation about how to use this extention" I have reinstalled and check everything I could but this would not work. Please HELP ! Thanks Abbas ARe the Exchange Extensions active under Add-in Manager? If yes, then they may be corrupt. Try removing and re-adding them. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted with...

Grouping and grouping within groups
I really need help, and help fast, so thank you ahead of time! I nee to know how to group and group within a group. I have been able to d a group, but once I group within the group and try to group anothe group withing that group it combines them. I know I can put a spac between the information so it doesn't combine them but that doesn' seem to be the right way to do things. For instance I have thre different area codes and I want to group them, then within those group I have five different colors of houses in that area code. I want t group the different colors within their area ...

Contacts #13
Is Outlook XP suppose to show the Owner as one of the Contacts? It seems that I remember older versions of Office showing the owner as a contact. My current install of Office XP Professional does not show me as a contact--does it get this information from somewhere else, or do I need to enter my contact information? I am using Word as Email editor. Also running Windows XP Professional with Admin and several user accounts. None of them show the owner as a contact in Outlook. ...

Show Groups as Page Header
I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has 252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are District Business Name DBA Name Amount The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how can I get the page header to show the group name? You can set the "Repeat Section" property of the Gro...

Disabling Deactivating Contacts and Accounts by Role
Is there anyway that I could prevent specific roles from deactivating. If I try java or anything else won't it disable from the admin too? John; Write your javascript to only disable the feature for user with certain roles. Dave "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CFF3046-92D1-4560-9DAB-CF793CD2D004@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway that I could prevent specific roles from deactivating. If > I > try java or anything else won't it disable from the admin too? ...