Group Customers by Product

Hi!
I am trying to make an account that lists all the customers that have
purchased a specific product. These customers are in departments of
organizations and therefore already have parent accounts. Is there a way to
do this?

Also, is there any way to only see parent accounts (top level - no parent)
when you view accounts under the sales tab?

Thanks,
Bebandit -CRM Noobie
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can create a view for accounts and change the filter criteria to "Parent
Account" field "Does Not Contain Data".

As for the list of customers by product, look at making a custom report in
Crystal to view this. You're not going to be able to build a view in the CRM
UI that is this complex.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Bebandit" wrote:

> Hi!
> I am trying to make an account that lists all the customers that have
> purchased a specific product. These customers are in departments of
> organizations and therefore already have parent accounts. Is there a way to
> do this?
>
> Also, is there any way to only see parent accounts (top level - no parent)
> when you view accounts under the sales tab?
>
> Thanks,
> Bebandit -CRM Noobie
Matt,
Thanks, I tried the custom view idea earlier but missed the "Does Not
Contain Data" part so thanks so much. It works great!!
Bebandit

"MattNC" wrote:

> You can create a view for accounts and change the filter criteria to "Parent
> Account" field "Does Not Contain Data".
>
> As for the list of customers by product, look at making a custom report in
> Crystal to view this. You're not going to be able to build a view in the CRM
> UI that is this complex.
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Bebandit" wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I am trying to make an account that lists all the customers that have
> > purchased a specific product. These customers are in departments of
> > organizations and therefore already have parent accounts. Is there a way to
> > do this?
> >
> > Also, is there any way to only see parent accounts (top level - no parent)
> > when you view accounts under the sales tab?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bebandit -CRM Noobie

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Using custom fields of Quote Product in an email template
Is this possible? We added custom fields in Quote Product and in Product itself. It seems however that i am unable to use any of the fields, including my custom fields, in an email template associated with a Quote. Regards, Merijn ...

How to handle Contact customers vs. Account customers ?
Hello people, I wonder how consumers should be handled in Microsoft CRM. By "consumers" I mean customers that are individuals, "Contacts" in MS CRM. At first, it seems that this should be handled the same way standard Accounts should be handled: quotes, orders and invoices are available just like they are with Accounts. Then, however, I see contacts have no account number. I can, of course, easily create one on the Contact entity, but I am not sure this is a good idea. So, all experienced users out there: how should I do this ? Do you have any suggestions for a B2...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Customize entity
Hello all I have created new entity and releated it to the form I want. My problem now is that the field is "look up" window and not open text window. How do I change it. Hi If you want to have textbox on a form then create an attribute of type "nvarchar". A relation to another entity will result in a Lookup box... -- Best regards Casper Jensen CRM Extensions www.crmextensions.com "Eran Arkush" wrote: > Hello all > > I have created new entity and releated it to the form I want. My problem now > is that the field is "look up" wi...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

How do I enter the product key after installation completed?
I have received an email that I must convert trial copy of Office pRO 2007. i ALREADY HAVE THE PRODUCT KEY BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE TO ENTER IT. tHANKS. Joan, I believe if you click the Home Button - Word Options - Resources - Activate Microsoft Office. Hope that helps Ed "JOAN" wrote: > I have received an email that I must convert trial copy of Office pRO 2007. > i ALREADY HAVE THE PRODUCT KEY BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE TO ENTER IT. > > tHANKS. ...

Does anyone else have a problem with Outlook Today after customizing it?
When I try to customize Outlook Today, it gets screwed up. It won't show any tasks and only shows 3 days of my calendar, no matter how many I specify when I customize. It also doesn't respect my specification of a style. When I go back to customize to try again I notice that it has removed my specifications for number of calendar days, for th tasks to show, and the style to use. All three are blank. Nothing I do can make it respect my choices and keep them. Has anyone else experienced this problem? How did you fix it? All answers are appreciated. Thanks, -- Tim Dempsey tfdempsey...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...

Writn-in products in opportunity
opportunity product form gives me "Product Overriden" boolean field. as per SDK, if we choose, YES then it allow us to enter WRITE-IN product for opportunity. But it does not happen like this. Whether we select YES or NO, it always prompt for Product information from Product Catalog and Unit information. How do i achieve the required functionality? Is there a FIX available for this problem? ...

Custom Valdation Question
Greetings, I have a set of cells that I need to restrict what the user can enter. I need the input to be in CAPS only. And I need it to be one of two choices: "C" or "T". Can this be done with custom validation or is there another way? TIA -Minitman Hi foto the data validation dialog, choose 'List' and enter C;T -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Minitman" <exreply@i-m-pNOSPAM.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:jkn4809sgfj5bhrqmhnu64i5ohmo30kubf@4ax.com... > Greetings, > > I have a set of cells that I need to restrict what the...

custom field with values from linked entities
Hi all, In Crm 3 can any one give some sample code on how could I create a custom field that has as value a total amount with values summed up from other linked entity forms? Thank you. -- Claudiu http://www.crmreports.com ...

Grouping and grouping within groups
I really need help, and help fast, so thank you ahead of time! I nee to know how to group and group within a group. I have been able to d a group, but once I group within the group and try to group anothe group withing that group it combines them. I know I can put a spac between the information so it doesn't combine them but that doesn' seem to be the right way to do things. For instance I have thre different area codes and I want to group them, then within those group I have five different colors of houses in that area code. I want t group the different colors within their area ...

Show Groups as Page Header
I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has 252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are District Business Name DBA Name Amount The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how can I get the page header to show the group name? You can set the "Repeat Section" property of the Gro...

Prompt Box Customization
I would appreciate any input regarding the following. I have kit items (Fans, motors, shims and belts) that the configuration varies depending on what RPM the customer is trying to achieve. The Warehouse Tech takes the hand written RPM information and assembles the various items with the correct sizes etc. I would like a utility or add-on that would allow me to create kit items on an ongoing basis that when one selects the kit item number in SOP, a dialog box would appear prompting for the RPM and then have that value automatically concatenated with “### RPM - Warehouse Tech to determin...

E2K3 Storage Groups
What are advantages, and more importantly, disadvantages to using multiple Storage Groups. I have heard that having more then 2 SG's creates extra CPU load, is this true? The only benefit I see so far is logical separation for use in exchange manager, and that you can point translogs and system path to different locations, if you had different physical drives, I could see this as a benefit. I have a situation where I'd like to do the following -Storage Group for local users - Multiple stores with different store policies -Storage Group for remote users - Multiple stores with diff...

Customize Outlook Today #10
I have many clients which are not able to click on "Customize Outlook Today" TAB and customize the views and add delete folders etc. Anybody have any idea, cannot find any knwoledge base article. ...