Great Plains integration to CRM 4.0

does anyone know if there is integration of great plains with crm 4.0?  we
have crm 3.0 integrated to great plains 8.0 and want to upgrade both.
0
shawn1 (154)
12/3/2008 2:59:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Shawn,
There is no Microsoft connector yet for CRM 4 and GP. There is one for CRM 3
and GP. Other options are to use
•	some third party tools like Scribe
•	or use Microsoft BizTalk
•	or do custom Programming.

--
uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
Microsoft CRM Consultant

"Shawn" wrote:

> does anyone know if there is integration of great plains with crm 4.0?  we
> have crm 3.0 integrated to great plains 8.0 and want to upgrade both.
0
imumar (138)

Cannot configure crm outlook [Help]
Hi all, Currently, When I configure crm outlook client offline on a machine, this error message always appear: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/crm%20client%20error/crmconfigurationerror.jpg Somehow I have tried all solution suggested in http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/crmdeployment/thread/8638d3e3-8aed-4c59-800a-bb33ec6855a8/ but the problem still persists. Do you know what it might be wrong? Thank you Esar ...

bank transaction in integration assistant for excel
Has anyone created or have a template spreadsheet for a bank transaction (Increase adjustment) or (decrease adjustment)? I have tried using the sample and can not even get that to work in the sample company. thanks ...

Crash bug with Jet 4.0 SP7
Hi all, Current Softwares : Win 2000 Pro, SP4 Latest, Jet 4.0 SP7. Thanks in advance, please help me.... I am trying to create linked table. My requirement is as follows : I have to create linked table in my .mdb file using MFC's CDaoDatabase and family classes. I am creating these table in my .mdb, the table I want to link is in the .dbf file. However, everthing was working fine unless I installed the latest Win2K SP4, this SP4 contains the Jet 4.0 SP7. This creates the crash problem when I try to create the Linked table, I use CDaoTableDef::Create(...). Using CDaoTableDef::create() ...

CRM and VPN's
We have 16 or so sale people using the crm and they are scatered about the country connecting to us via vpn. We are having issues with going online/offline. All the machines where setup in our corporate office and where able to sync and go online and offline succesfully. When they where sent out and used in the field the ability to on-line and offline isn't exaclty there. Some users have no issues with this other do. And it does there does not seem to be any consistancy. We get some users who when they try to go online get the generic error with no info about it. When some us...

Thank You #4
Ron, Thank you very much. Between the code to find the submenu, and the information on your site, thank God all is working as I want it to work. God bless you for being willing to share your expertise with others. Merry Christmas, and happy New Years to you! Hi Andy You are welcome >>Merry Christmas, and happy New Years to you! Same to you Next time please post in the same thread Andy. This way you can find the complete thread with Google. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "andy" <andy.gelfert@mncppc.org> wrote in message news:17f101c4e2da...

outlook expresses 6.0 to Outlook 2002
Hello, Please inform if its possible to transfer information (adress book and email) of the outlook expresses 6.0 to Outlook 2002 Thanks in advance. Yes. It's easiest if the data is all on the same machine to begin with...otherwise you may have to import the data into OE on the Outlook 2002 machine before you can transfer it to Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06ed01c3c89c$e5118590$a601280a@phx.gbl, Pedro Margarido wrote: > H...

Outlook 2003 and CRM plugin
We are running CRM 3.0 and have an issue logging off any client pc on our windows domain network if MS outlook is open. If I remove the crm addin from outlook all user can then log off without closing outlook first. Not the end of the world but annoying.....anyone ran into this issue before? all client PC's are XP Pro SP 2 -- Sys Admin ...

Great Plains and RMS
I've upgraded our RMS systems to service pack 3. We now have the option of selecting the GP accounting option. It looks like we have to download an add-on for Great Plains.. Is this true ? The one out there only says for import to GP 7.5 We are currently running GP 8.0. Will it work for this version? Do I even need this add-on, now that you can select the GP accounting option? Scot, KB 893330 discusses integration with GP 8.0, but the links are broken for the download. If my memory is correct, there was talk about a 10/01/05 release date. -- * "Scot S" <ScotS@discussio...

Trying the "Create a Microsoft CRM 3.0 Dashboard with Sharepoint"
I'm trying to play with the document called "create a Microsoft CRM 3.0 Dashboard with Microsoft Portal Server". This looks like it's very specific to Sharepoint Portal Server, even though it says it's also possible with Windows Sharepoint Services. Is there further information about getting this to work with Sharepoint Services? On my Company Web, there is no Portal Site Content section under site settings (I'm assuming that's specific to SPS and not WSS). Thanks, James Ok, it's not to hard to poke around and figure out which things are mapped to ...

hardware configration crm
dear: what hardeware configrations depends on many things how many users how much data more details please <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14a3901c3f923$36ecdc50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > dear: > what hardeware configrations ...

What is this great plains?
The website is down and i want to install CRM but find everywhere links to greatplains. Is the essential, just an add-on......? ...

"000" reverts back to "0" even with a string
I want to have a 4 digit number in all cases but some have 0 thru 3. This is how I attempted to solve it: dim x(3) as string x(1)=234 x(2)=67 x(3)=5 If Len(x(m)) = 1 Then x(m) = 000 & x(m) If Len(x(m)) = 1 Then x(m) = 00 & x(m) If Len(x(m)) = 1 Then x(m) = 0 & x(m) the problem is when you enter "000" in for the result it automatically reverts back to "0" They ain't strings until you make them strings... If Len(x(m)) = 1 Then x(m) = "000" & x(m) If Len(x(m)) = 1 Then x(m) = "00&qu...

RMS v2.0
I know this was released already, but does anyone know when it will actually be shipped or when we will receive it? Seconded - Anyone actually recv it? Any (end user) actually get anything official from MS about it at all? "Mark" wrote: > I know this was released already, but does anyone know when it will actually > be shipped or when we will receive it? We have received a new features press release and a readiness upgrade clinic sheet from our partner. Previous posts suggested a 2/12 or so release date. "Tad L" <TadL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

plain text #6
Does some one now if there is an option in Outlook XP to read messages by default in plain text? In Outlook express there is such an option but I can not find it in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you There is an add-in that allows this - http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.html --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jacob asked: | Does some one now if th...

ANN: I also bought my dad Bold Fresh by Bill Oreilly 4 Fathers Day!
Its late showing up from amazon.com however. ...

Error when loading the CRM Reports overview
hi, Somthing strange happened; I was creating reports (with subreports) in Visual studio 2005 and uploaded them to CRM with the new report wizard. Everything was working fine, I could use the prefiltering, call subreports , you name it. After that, I had a lot of subreports that I wanted to categorize in a diferent group so the users don't see this immediatly. I created a new report category via the system settings. First strange thing was that when I saved this new category en reopened the system settings dialog, I got an error which was resolved by performing an IIS reset. After...

great
This is a great newsgroup glad I found it. hope to learn a lot here and natrally also to contribute. There are more things in heven and earth tan we know http://spiritualnowbusiness.blogspot.com/ --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2 ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups ...

Great Plains
Hello, I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this report when I click on print button from "Purchase Order Entry" window. Any help is welcome. Radu. The easiest thing would be to purchase one of the third-party modules that are available. One tool is from Accountable Software called Forms Printer. Another tool is Crystallizer. I cannot remember who makes it, though. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Radu LP" wrote: > Hello, > I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this > report when I click on print butto...

Migrating Data From ACT to CRM Using DMF?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has successfully migrated data from an ACT v6 database, to CRM 3? If so, could they supply some steps, or information on how they did it, plus if they ran into any problems! I've had a quick look at the DMF xls spreadsheets, and the wizards, which don't seem to complicated, however its importing the data from ACT to CDF using the Microsoft SQL Server Data Transformation Services (DTS) to populate the CDF that looks a bit complex. I think I read somewhere that you have to write some coding in sql to do this, correct? Also I've read some posts t...

CRM 3.0 Laptop Client for Outlook Setup Error
When I get to the installation directory part of the laptop install I get en error that says "Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length." The interesting part is when I look at the space required it is blank, and the space available is only showing 2mb. This is obviously wrong but no matter how many times I restart the install it gives me the same error. I have looked everywhere on Microsoft and can't find anything. Please help!! I've encountered the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? "Mattyb2182" wrote: > When I get to the in...

Implemeting Portals in Great Plains?
Hi All, What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does Microsoft provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ? Thanks, Habibalby There are a few white papers concerning Business Portal, a Sharepoint-based portal. You may want to log into CustomerSource and review them. "MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eM4O6bTxFHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other > br...

MS Great Plains
We have Great Plains (PersonnelOracle Version 2002.03.15 3.0.6. and PowerTool 2002.03.19. 3.1.1.) installed. Previously we have used Office 2000 and the Word merge was working perfectly. Upgrading to 2002 or 2003 the Word merge stopped working, I suppose we need new templates for Word 2003 (.dot files). Who shall we contact with? Any suggestion would be appreciated! Where do Oracle and PowerTool come into the equation? Are you trying to use Word with Microsoft Great Plains? How were you doing it with Word 2000? "Zoltan Bacs" <Zoltan Bacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Faxing via desktop from Great Plains (customer invoices,etc.)
We have the need to fax from our desktops. We are on Great Plains 8.0. Examples are customer invoices. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3238cba3-0f91-47c1-...

Sending messages in Plain text format to one email recipient by default in OL2002
I use OL2002. I've opened up the contact, "Joe Smith". I double-click on the email field. It shows that the "Internet format" field is "Send plain text only". However, when I draft an email to this contact, "Joe Smith", it still goes out as HTML. (And if it is sent as HTML, he never receives it.) While drafting the message, if I remember to go to the tool bar and change it from HTML to Plain text, Joe Smith will receive the message. But, if I forget to change it from HTML to Plain Text, then Joe never sees the message. Also worth noting:...

CRM 4.0: Workflow Recursion Error
I have a Workflow developed and published that is supposed to Timeout for a 12-month duration, and then call itself again. The rules are properly configured, and I have no errors with them. However, when run, the System Job will halt and a generic "An error has occurred" message will display. The completion path shows the Timeout rule marked as completed (with a green check), though 12 months have not passed (barely minutes after execution). The substep of that Timeout is the self-referencing Workflow Execution rule. I think this rule is causing the error. And the only thi...