GP Integration and SQL Server

Does the GP Integration to CRM Connector use SQL Server MSDE or does it need
a full version of SQL Server?

--
Brandon
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"

0
Brandon
4/6/2006 8:29:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes it requires a full version of SQL.

Thanks,
Debarghya

"Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message
> Does the GP Integration to CRM Connector use SQL Server MSDE or does it
> need a full version of SQL Server?
>
> --
> Brandon
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com

0
Debarghya

Move databases from WSS SQL Express to Full SQL?
Is there a procedure to move a WSS SQL Express database to another server running SQL Server? ------=_NextPart_0001_FE3063F0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Matt, Yes there is a process needs to be followed: Detach the content Database from SharePoint Web application through Central Administration Move LDF and MDF files to the new Server Attach the Content Database from new SQL Server (There is a option to mention Database Server and DB name when you attach) Make sure your Farm account has DBCreator and Security Admin roles in the new ...

Payable transaction integration with more 2 or more line distribut
Is it possible to set up the integration manager to upload payable transactions with more than 1 distribution accounts? I need to upload the vendor bills that usually distribute to more than one expenses accounts. Thanks!! Take a look at the "PM Transaction 8.0" in the Integration Manager samples - it looks like it distributes to more than one account. You end up with two data files - the invoice info and the distribution info. "kka" wrote: > Is it possible to set up the integration manager to upload payable > transactions with more than 1 distribution accou...

Going Live with GP

Project module integrated in Journals and cashbook
We are using the project module intensively and find it extremely uncomfortable not to be able to link project cost paid via a payment requisition or journal. Currently we need to process all project cost via the payables module which increases processing time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

SOT
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_012F_01C55179.E34527A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to use non-Exchange Mail servers with Outlook (I'm = thinking of the free Mercury that comes from Pegasus initially - are = there others?) and if so, are there any recommended web sites to tell me = both how to set up the mail server and also connect Outlook to it? Thanks --=20 Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ------=_NextPart_000...

Migrating data from GP to GP

Exchange Server Tab
I am running Exchange 2000. How do I get the Exchange Server tab to display under Active Directory for Users and Computers? How do I get the Exchange System Manager snap-in? Thanks. you need to install the ESM on your workstation...see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261177 "Diane Walker" <ett9300@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uW4r4wboEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am running Exchange 2000. How do I get the Exchange Server tab to display > under Active Directory for Users and Computers? > > How do I get the Exchange Sy...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...

Fabrication and GP

Server info
I've been having a problem sending emails from my Windows account. I found the problem (I think). In the account information area, the information is now incorrectly listed as POP3 when it is actually imap. However, when I am in the tab where this is speciaifed, I can't change that info in the box - it will not allow me to type in the box or to delete the POP3. I need help! Thanks, anybody! You cannot edit the protocol specification. Delete that POP3 account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account with IMAP protocol. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mai...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Exchange server being compromised???
Hi guys, Our company has an Exchange 2003 (SBS 2003) box that's SENDING out mail to mxi.earthlink.net and mx2.earthlink.net and takes up the whole T1 bandwidth since last week. We've ran antivirus and found several spyware but that's about it. We've also ran packet analysis to confirm those two addresses but now we're stuck as to how to solve this. Can someone lead me to the right direction as to what or who is relaying our smtp traffic? Please help. Thanks. Exchange 2003 is closed to relaying, unless you've enabled it...what IP addresses are the emails coming fro...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB956744) Cannot Install.
For Windows Server 2003. This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't or what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it is just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation screen at the end of the installs. Can anyone help please? I downloaded the update manually from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a37a2d8a-a5ce-4f06-bf07-8cafa16e7a59&displaylang=en Ran it, and then ran Check U...

Outlook 2003 Smart Tag Integration with MSN Messenger 7.0 vs Windows Messenger
Is there a way to use MSN Messenger 7.0 with the Outlook 2003 Smart Tag integration instead of useing Windows Messenger? Seems really silly that Outlook 2003 would use Windows Messenger a older product with less features then use MSN Messenger which is a newer product with more features. I've search all over the net for this answer and all I find is others asking the same questions but never and answer. -- Regards, Chris ...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

Moving Exchange server to another domain
Hello, I would like to get information about moving an exchnage server from one windows 2000 domain to another new domain, as a part of moving W2K domain from domain1 to domain2.Please help me by giving real idea how i have to start and what are the precosions i have to take. The real need is to move two existing win2k domain to a new domain. That is EXDM1 and EXDM2 have to restructure and form NMDM1. According to my idea, 1. start by joing a new server to existing forest and promot it to DC with domain name NMDM1. 2. Move the user accounts from existing two domains to new domain using &q...

Autonumber Workaround with SQL Server 2005 BE
I built a multi-user contacts application as a split Access database initially and then moved the back end to SQL Server 2005 using an ODBC connection. I implemented an AutoNumber workaround to avoid primary key collisions when users attempt to add records at the same time (probably borrowed from Allen Browne or Albert Kallal?) by setting the default value of the ContactID field = DMax("ContactID", "tblContacts") + 1 and trapping any duplicate key errors as follows: Private Sub Form_Error(DataErr As Integer, Response As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Form_Error Resp...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

The POP3 server name you specified cannot be found
I am using Outlook 2000 and I recently started getting the message listed below. The server name is correct and the only way to correct the problem is to remove the account and re-add it. The only problem with that is it works for a day or less then stops again. Any help is greatly appreciated. "The POP3 server name you specified cannot be found. Please check the name and try again" ...