Good MRP for CRM?

Were in the process of looking for an MRP that will work well with our CRM.
From what I've read seems like only Great Plains, and supposedly Navision
(when CRM 2.0 comes out) will be directly made to work with CRM.

Were a small shop,......about 12 CRM users, and with a new MRP, that might
add at most 10 users. I'm mostly concerned about how it will integrate with
CRM as I simply don't have the resources to customize ALL the bridges that
would be needed.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Experiences?

thanks,
 Gary

0
Gary
10/19/2004 2:41:55 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Gary,

Knowing your tolerance for the quirks of CRM itself, I'd sugest you look at
Scribe, Nolan or another integration products to find out which MRP's they can
support with CRM.  The supplied integration between CRM & GP is fairly basic.
If it works for you out of the box, then great, but if you need to do something
that it doesn't support, then you're kinda outta luck.

I haven't used Scribe or Nolan myself, but have seen them demoed and both seem
easy to use and provide more flexibility than the built-in integration.  You can
also configure them to do "non-standard" mappings between the 2 systems if
needed.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:41:55 -0700, "Gary" <gary.rey@NOSPAM.virtium.com> wrote:

Were in the process of looking for an MRP that will work well with our CRM.
From what I've read seems like only Great Plains, and supposedly Navision
(when CRM 2.0 comes out) will be directly made to work with CRM.

Were a small shop,......about 12 CRM users, and with a new MRP, that might
add at most 10 users. I'm mostly concerned about how it will integrate with
CRM as I simply don't have the resources to customize ALL the bridges that
would be needed.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Experiences?

thanks,
 Gary

0
Matt

what is a good book

Uanble to synchronise Appointment With CRM 4.0
Hi, When i am trying to create a appointment in Outlook and then i click on the "Track In CRM" button,I get an error message saying me that "The logged in user does not have appropriatre security permissions to view these records or perform the sprcific action" Can anybody please give me a solution to this? In the Security roles , i have clicked on "Synchronise with Outlook" Please reply soon.:) ...

Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold Being Out of a Balance by a Penny
Hello: In GP 10.0 SP1, has anyone encountered an issue where Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold are out of balance by a penny upon posting Sales Order Processing invoices? It does not happen on every invoice or for every item. But, in the journal entry that results from posting as invoice, the client has to book the penny either to Inventory or Cost of Goods Sold in order to post the journal entry. From elementary accounting school days, aren't Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold supposed to equal? childofthe1980s Are lots in use with fractional unit sales? Multiple Units of Measure...

CRM Calendar highlighting dates with appointments
Using MS CRM v1.2 - I've had multiple requests from users who would like the Calendar in MS CRM to indicate which dates have appointments or other scheduled objects coming due on that day. When looking at the monthly calendar (top right in Workplace/Calendar), you cannot see if you have an appointment on any particular date. The request has been that dates with appointments could turn bold as we see in the calendar in Outlook. Hi! We have a GroupCalendar-AddOn for MS CRM which addresses exactly your problems! Features of GroupCalendar: -) you will see in the month,week,day view ...

MRP Workbench doesn't reflect pegging report.
Has anyone run across this issue? For some reason the qty for PO's and MPO's don't always show up in the MRP Workbench window. Yet if you drill down on a qty of 0 (where you know there should be a qty of some number) you will find that info in the pegging report. For example PO 123 for qty of X shows a required qty of 0 in the workbench, but when you click on the 0 you can see the qty X in the pegging report. This is GP 8.0. Thanks, Wes ...

Availability of CRM 1.2
Does anyone know when CRM 1.2 will be available to Microsoft Business and/or Certified Partners? Will they be shipped on CD/DVD or available via download? Thank you in advance. Hi Jim: If you're a CRM partner you'll be getting the software in the mail sometime after the RTM date, which has passed already. If you're not a CRM partner, you can sign up here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/partners/default.mspx Also, CRM 1.0 was included in the October MSDN set... John. "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:Orm5gH6qDHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.g...

Update Is GOOD 03-26-10
Updating I Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- ~Joseph~ update bad bad service packgood "jack wilkinson" <josephturner65@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7DA06527-731E-4B9B-A70F-192A5BC93EBD@microsoft.com... > Updating I Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > > -- > ~jack wilkinson~ "jack wilkinson" <bargaindirect@clerk.com> kirjoitti viestiss´┐Ż:uyWmVmF0KHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > update bad bad service packgood > "jack wilkinson" <josephturner65@hotmail.com> wrote in message >...

Store Procedures in CRM 1.2 no consistant
Hi, When running the Upgrade adviser, i get the following problem. Stored procedures in CRM DB not consistant with CRm 1.2??? Seems some of them are lost??? Don't know how or why but i need to know how to fix... , Secondly, the MSSearch Service will not start, Anyone had problems with this, says it can't find the file specified??? ...

CRM 3.0 demo password
I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or password .... anyone seen this and found an answer Thanks -- Nigel London Same thing happened today for my fresh install. Must have put it in 8 times, then suddenly, it took it. Installed it on another pc with no problem. Go figure. Steve "Nigel" wrote: > I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log > on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or > password ......

And in case I don't see you,good afternoon,good evening,and good n
Well thanks for all the help and assistance over the year(s) group (seriously), you saved my butt more then a few times. That said I finally got my data all transferred to MySql and will not be looking back. As some of you may know/remember I've had serious issues with Excel and find it to be highly flawed in fundamental ways, despite any of the functionality built over that. I personally don't find it worth it given the level of frustration and, IMHO, sloppy core programming that makes day in and out use a nightmare. In any event that is MS's cross (and shame) ...

Please, give me some links on the good dating sites.
Your welcome everyone, Can you help me to find popular dating sites. On Tipe: http://www.yahoo.com, please. Thx, CholocopPoone -- CholocopPoone Why would anyone post this question in an Office newgroup??? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "CholocopPoone" <CholocopPoone.5d39500@officefrustration.com> wrote in message news:CholocopPoone.5d39500@officefrustration.com... > > Your welcome everyone, > Can you help me to find popular dating sites. > On Tipe: http...

Hi.. I'm sure I've found how to do this previously, but if anyone can prompt my memory, I would appreciate it. I need to see the source code for pages generated through CRM. Simply setting AppMode to off allows me to view source on the main pages, but not on any of the entity pages. If anyone can help, that would be great. Cheers Chris "Chris Ericoli" <cericoliNOspm@removethisfamill.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OnL$5U4nEHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm sure I've found how to do this previously, but if anyone can prompt my > memory, I...

Inventory and Cost of Goods
Is there a way that when you add new item you can set the cost of the item you sell to a percentage? For example I have a barcode my employee's scan for a money order and they are prompted to enter a price. Can I set up the cost to be 100% of what ever amount they enter? Aslo is there a way that I can setup a barcode for lottery that they get from the lottery machine and when they ring it up it will not effect the phisyical inventory or cost of Goods? We want to use the COST of GOODS on the Z report to balance with our physical inventory not our virtual unlimited inventory that w...

CRM Plugin for Outlook
Hi - Anybody know when the CRM add-in for Outlook 2007 will be available? Many thanks Victor ...

MRP Preference for Sales Items on Hold
Great Plains manufacturing should have an MRP preference that allows users to either include or exclude sales orders that are put on hold. Currently sales orders on hold are included in MRP calculation as firm demand. In some business environments users would like the ability to exclude sales orders on hold from MRP calculations. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to o...

CRM should let me copy a quote
CRM should let me copy a quote or save a quote as a template. Some of our quotes are very complicated instrumentation configurations. If I could copy a quote, revise it with different customer info and save it under a new quote #, it would save a lot of time and also ensure that nothing was left off. This is something our salespeople really, really want. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the but...

out of office not working good (exch 2003)
Hello, I work with exchange 2003 and everything seems to work well. Just have problems with out of office! To some clients my out of office is not working right! my server is set to allow out of office replies to outside also (in the default ==> advanced settings) but when i try it, it sometimes works (did once in my last tests) but most of the time it doesn't. The same with internal out of office replies but this goes a bit better. I set logging on rules to maximum and one of the message is this: The rule (#NET FOLDERS#) with sequence number 0 is being ignored because it is di...

Outlook 2003 and CRM
I'm currently testing MS CRM and when I load the Outlook client om Outlook 2003 I recieve an error that states "Error loading CRM folders" but it still seems to function as it should. I still have further testing to do, but I can't seem to track down the specific error in the event logs. ...

Email CRM
Hello, Why there is "strange" information added to the Mail Subject, as :"CRM:{EC48FAE4-5BFE-482F-BC6E-E8287231F8D0}:MRC" When I send an email with CRM ? Thsk Regards Hi! CRM adds the GUID of the Object(Contact,Account) from which you have send the email. MS CRM needs this GUID to determine the object that the original email was attached to when you get an reply to the original email. So MSCRM automatically attaches the incoming mail to the right Object. -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar...

sending an email through CRM taking huge time
We are using CRM web browser client to send an emait to customer. The Email Access Type Incomming set to Forward Mail Box and Email Access Type Outgoing set to Email Router for all CRM users. We have separate servers for Web Server, CRM Server, Exchange Server and SMTP. The Email Router installed in Web Server and Database (CRM Database) in CRM Server. We have only one exchange server for all users inbox as well as CRM Email inbox. If email contents are small we are not facing any issue while sending it through CRM Web Browser Client. But if email contents are more (size of the email)...

Compatibility between CRM 3.0 & Office 2007
Hi, Anyone knows if CRM is compatible with Office 2007 for trying to export the information to do my reports but do not update the lists. Thanks in advance. CRM 3.0 is compatible with Office 2007. Even when export dynamic Excel, system says that file format is not .xls. Do not care, just opan or save. Also the can be data sync issue with crm server if server is not set as trusted in Office Trust Center. But the there should be a notification toolbar on Excel sheet. Jukka Majander "Mauricio Ramirez" wrote: > Hi, > > Anyone knows if CRM is compatible with Office 200...

Microsoft CRM
Hi, I have a hard problem with - license key inserting into MS CRM - and lanching new installed MS CRM system Problem <adding license key> Because I have had a <adding license key>, I obtain a hint do installation follow IG dokument. I have installed Windows2000, Exchange2000, SQLSrv2000 follow Implement Guide document. Because I would like to start sample aplication MSDN, I have reinstalled servers and change organization name to <adventure-works>. Now I am still problem with <adding license key> (designed in IG page 123). Problem with <running MSCRM> Af...

good job
good job ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=98509010-8b2d-48d8-8278-ed825b6e6fba&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers I'm sorry, did I miss something here .. ?? -- Regards, Zack Barre...

"Unknown error has occured" when going online in CRM 3.0
A user is experiencing this exact error when attempting to Go Online in the Sales for Outlook Client 3.0: "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." This error appears after 10-15 minutes of the status bar looking like it's talking with the server, and there is a lot of network traffic when this process is running. The CRM Addin has been removed and added to no effect. Has anyone seen this problem? Have you tried to run a platform trace to see when the error occurs? Is there any errors in the event log of...

Two Crm Servers 08-19-05
What are the implications of having two CRM servers on the same AD? Meaning two different CRM Servers Looking at there Own SQL Databases One implication is that only one of your CRM systems will be email enabled. The CRM router can only handle one CRM system in the AD Forest "Need Some Help" <Need@news.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:Oa9oeCKpFHA.1304@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > What are the implications of having two CRM servers on the same AD? > > Meaning two different CRM Servers Looking at there Own SQL Databases > > Another implication is that ...