Getting 'An error has occurred' when I Publish my Workflow

The workflow Saves fine, but when I publish I'm getting stopped with a
generic dialog box.  Any clues?
--
Marty
0

I am receiving the same frustrating error message. Have you figured out  how
to fix this? Thnx in advance.

Brian
www.jaydien.com
support@jaydien.com

"Marty" wrote:

> The workflow Saves fine, but when I publish I'm getting stopped with a
> generic dialog box.  Any clues?
> --
> Marty
0
Brian8214 (439)
12/6/2008 9:25:01 PM
I think what did it was I opened and saved the Tasks or Emails I was working
on in the workflow and it eventually saved.  Also we had a problem where our
drive was clost to running out disk space and I wasn't able to publish.  I
don't recall if it was about that same time, but you might want to verify
your space.
Sorry I can't give you an easy way to locate the problem.
--
Marty

"Brian" wrote:

> I am receiving the same frustrating error message. Have you figured out  how
> to fix this? Thnx in advance.
>
> Brian
> www.jaydien.com
> support@jaydien.com
>
> "Marty" wrote:
>
> > The workflow Saves fine, but when I publish I'm getting stopped with a
> > generic dialog box.  Any clues?
> > --
> > Marty
0
Marty (99)
12/7/2008 1:42:00 AM
Do you have any custom workflow activities (custom code) in your
workflow?

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe Horwath
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Dec 6, 3:25=A0pm, Brian <Br...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am receiving the same frustrating error message. Have you figured out =
=A0how
> to fix this? Thnx in advance.
>
> Brianwww.jaydien.com
> supp...@jaydien.com
>

> "Marty" wrote:
> > The workflow Saves fine, but when I publish I'm getting stopped with a
> > generic dialog box. =A0Any clues?
> > --
> > Marty- Hide quoted text -

darrenliu (251)
12/9/2008 3:19:46 PM
I do have custom code, but everything is working fine.

My latest frustration is that every time I enter an HTML email into the
Workflow, when I Save and Close the email in the Workflow it can take 30
minutes or more before I am able to move on to the next step in the process
to edit.

Any ideas?

--
Marty

"Darren Liu" wrote:

> Do you have any custom workflow activities (custom code) in your
> workflow?
>
> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> Crowe Horwath
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> On Dec 6, 3:25 pm, Brian <Br...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I am receiving the same frustrating error message. Have you figured out  how
> > to fix this? Thnx in advance.
> >
> > Brianwww.jaydien.com
> > supp...@jaydien.com
> >

> > "Marty" wrote:
> > > The workflow Saves fine, but when I publish I'm getting stopped with a
> > > generic dialog box.  Any clues?
> > > --
> > > Marty- Hide quoted text -

Marty (99)
12/9/2008 4:17:01 PM
Marty wrote:
> I do have custom code, but everything is working fine.
>
> My latest frustration is that every time I enter an HTML email into the
> Workflow, when I Save and Close the email in the Workflow it can take 30
> minutes or more before I am able to move on to the next step in the process
> to edit.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi,

I definitively think it's a problem with custom code... I already had
some custom code that compiled perfectly but when publishing, everything
was crashing...

Tanguy
http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
0
tanguy1 (8)
12/10/2008 8:22:56 AM
Marty wrote:
> I do have custom code, but everything is working fine.
>
> My latest frustration is that every time I enter an HTML email into the
> Workflow, when I Save and Close the email in the Workflow it can take 30
> minutes or more before I am able to move on to the next step in the process
> to edit.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi,

I definitively think it's a problem with custom code... I already had
some custom code that compiled perfectly but when publishing, everything
was crashing...

Tanguy
http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
0
tanguy1 (8)
12/10/2008 8:26:57 AM
Marty wrote:
> I do have custom code, but everything is working fine.
>
> My latest frustration is that every time I enter an HTML email into the
> Workflow, when I Save and Close the email in the Workflow it can take 30
> minutes or more before I am able to move on to the next step in the process
> to edit.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi,

I definitively think it's a problem with custom code... I already had
some custom code that compiled perfectly but when publishing, everything
was crashing...

Tanguy
http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
0
tanguy1 (8)
12/10/2008 8:42:45 AM
I spoke too soon.  The custom code was on the Opp Workflow, which created
this Case Workflow.  It's the Case workflow that had the issue.  Mine is
working now (other than taking 30+ minutes to save an email in the workflow
that has Tokens in it), but I'm sure other will have problems so any replies
could be beneficial in the future, if you can think of anything else to
report.

--
Marty

"Tanguy T" wrote:

> Marty wrote:
> > I do have custom code, but everything is working fine.
> >
> > My latest frustration is that every time I enter an HTML email into the
> > Workflow, when I Save and Close the email in the Workflow it can take 30
> > minutes or more before I am able to move on to the next step in the process
> > to edit.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> Hi,
>
> I definitively think it's a problem with custom code... I already had
> some custom code that compiled perfectly but when publishing, everything
> was crashing...
>
> Tanguy
> http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com

0
Marty (99)

Error message in every time I open an Outlook message...
Since downloading a recent security update from Windows Update, I get this very annoying message every time I try to open or create a new mail message: Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, this page may not display correctly... I would appreciate any advice on how to turn this off. I tried several boxes under "security" but with no result (I guess I did not diable the right box.). Thanks Mandel ...

Unable to get Bank List on MSN to match my one Money
At one point I was able to download transactions automatically from my bank, Huntington. They are available on the Financial Institution list, but not on my computer. Under download reports, it mentions and error: Money encountered an error processing the downloaded file: SMRTINET.INI ...

using publisher help
When I try to use Help the font size on the screen becomes very small. How can I change this? Thanks, Camroc. ...

Publisher Crashes #3
Publisher 2000 crashes when saving changes? -- Ralph Not on my system. More information would be nice.. "Ralph Copclose" <RalphCopclose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F056906-5EAF-477C-9A11-1EC4D1EE2CC1@microsoft.com... > Publisher 2000 crashes when saving changes? > -- > Ralph Thanks for reply - my system is Vista business. When making more than one change to an existing document and attempting to save - publisher closes and gives me a message 'Publisher 2000 version 6.0 has stopped working' The original document was produced o...

How to get the certificate for an SSL server (HTTPS)???
Hi all, I do not belive it!! I tried to obtain the certificate for an SSL server (http connectio) but I cannot. I use "INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_CERTIFICATE" or "INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_CERTIFICATE_STRUCT", calling with InternetQueryOption (or CInternetSession::QueryOption). Dosen't matter what option I have the function fails and the result is allways ERROR_WINHTTP_INCORRECT_HANDLE_TYPE (The type of handle supplied is incorrect for this operation.). Knows anybody how can I do this? Knows someone a piece of code where InternetQueryOption realy runs? Or is ther...

Unsure why getting error
In the following block of code I am getting an error for variable not defined and I don't know why as there are no variables If Forms![frmPara1]![cboCore] = "CNO" Then strWhere = strWhere & " Core Capability= """ & CNO & """" End If The code may seem strange but it is the starting point to add several other terms to the string such as CNA, CNE,etc... Any idea why I am getting the above error Thanks Dave Try... strWhere = strWhere & " [Core Capability]= " & """ & Me.cboCore &...

Having problems getting e-mail from two sites in Holland
I can not receive e-mails form the folowing two addresses jbooms@hetnet.nl and b.booms@planet.nl I received e-mail from them before but now I can't anymore. These addresses are in Holland and I am able to recieve other e-mails from Holland without any problems. I have MCAffee spam and MCAfee virus I can not find anything to solve this problem. Question is : IS the problem in Holland OR is it here in the USA or is it my settings in my computer?? PLease help. ...

Error message #3
Hi, everyone, I open to MS Excel 97, the following error messages was shown on screen. 26146100: file format is not valid. Please help Thanks Jimmy Something that is being opened is causing trouble. It could be an addin checked in Tools|Addins or a file in your XLStart folder (or if you are using tools|options|General|"Alternate Startup File location", it could be in there.) (Not many use the alternate startup file location, so try erasing that value from that box in excel--don't delete the real folder. If that fixed it, you're done.) If not, your task will be to...

Parser Error Msg
Hello All, I am have installed CRM and the installation went succesfull however when I try to access teh URL i get the following error message. Note: I have installed CRM on another web site that I created using Host a Host Header and not the default one. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. Will appreciate all teh help. Thanks and Regards -- Fakhruddin Zavery Sr. Systems Analyst / Programmer C...

error LNK2001 in the Dialog's .obj file
I'm trying to do a DAO database test. I'm using the following headers for the database engine, workspace, and database objects #include <afxole.h #include <dbdao.h I'm getting 47 errors of LNK2001 in the Dialog's .obj fil Why do I get this error and what is the fix Thank you. "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D41229-D80D-45B2-9113-0CF8AC0D1A41@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to do a DAO database test. I'm using the following headers for the database engine, workspace, and database objects: > > #in...

2002 Outlook
I'm pleading for help...I have Windows XP and 2002 Outlook. I changed my computer adminstrator yesterday and when I booted up my computer this am I could not access outlook. So I ran a system restore and was able to get everything back except for my personal folders in outlook. I have never archived my outlook. I need my folders and info in them back ASAP. I'm begging for any answers out there. Tammy <karvalad@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm pleading for help...I have Windows XP and 2002 > Outlook. I changed my computer adminstrator yesterday > and when I boot...

workflow automatic rule
Hi / Bonjour, i have a problem with the launch of my automatic rules, created with the administrator system ("restricted access" is checked...) Exemple : - creation of the rules with the administrator account (those of the installation of crm) - with another account/user, on another PC : launch of the rule, manually : OK - with another account/user, on another PC : launch of the rule, automaticaly : NOT OK for information, when i uncheck "restricted access", all is OK....it is a question of rights but... I could unckeck the "restricted access" forever but my p...

Error is [0x80070057-00000000-00000000].
One user get a message from administrator like below: From: System Administrator Sent: Tuesday, 15 March, 2005 13.02 To: Bipin Lou; Robert Cruse; Subject: Undeliverable: system Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: system Sent: Mar.15.05 01.02 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Bipin Lou on Mar.15.05 01.02 PM This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. Error is [0x80070057-00000000-00000000]. Robert Cruse on Mar.15.05 01.02 PM ...

Error when running reports
We just installed Crystal Reports 6 on our CRM server and now we can't run any of the reports. This is the error: The error message returned is: There are no Page Servers connected to the Cache Server or all connected Page Servers are disabled or all connected Page Servers are not part of the specified server group. Please try to reconnect later. [On Cache/Page Server: CRM01.cacheserver What can we do? You shouldn't be installing crystal on the crm server itself, MS doesn't support that. Also MSCRM supports crystal 8.5. I don't know about version 6. You will also n...

error 0X800CCC0E
problem just started, without any other issues to trace it to. We can not send (and have trouble sometimes receiving) email. The error message refers to "..could not fetch headers in the folder [either send or receive]. Hi, hope the following links shd help u: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329936&Product=out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834365&Product=out Pls revert. Thanks & Regards, Subbu --- Subramanian .S v-subs@online.microsoft.com Microsoft GPS This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

How do I get one cell to type the same thing as another cell?
For Eample: I want to type a name into cell B13 and I want to same thing to automatically appear in cell E15. Does anyone know how to do this??? I have tried E15 = B13, but that doesn't get me anywhere. all it does is put =B13 in the E15 cell. I can't get it to disappear and put the name in there. E15 is formatted as text. You'll have to format it as General or something similar, then re-enter your formula "Astrowalker" wrote: > For Eample: I want to type a name into cell B13 and I want to same thing to > automatically appear in cell E15. > >...

Publisher 2003 #15
When I open a file in Publisher 2003 that was created in Pub 2000, I can view the pcx graphics but I cannot change them are add new ones. What's wrong? ...

How do I get Print Preview in color?
My Print Preview shows black and white and I want to see designs in color. How do I go about changing this? This is a Publisher bug with some HP printers. Do you have any other printer installed? If not there are generic printer drivers you can install. In the Printer Folder in the Control Panel, File, Add Printer, Scroll down to Generic, install Generic Color PS for Commercial Printing and/or MS Publisher Image setter. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F6B9992-B075-4463-971D-B4D62900D679@microsoft.com....

working with publisher 2003 and outlook 2007
How can I e-mail as a message (not attachment) publication from publisher 2003 using outlook 2007 Thank you -- Hugo Rojas The Outlook program and the Publisher program have to be the same suite. Compose the email in Outlook using the HTML or Rich Text option. How to save your publication as a Web Archive in Publisher and share it in e-mail http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312157/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "HugoRojas" <monchis_306@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:E4CBC550-8EC4-4272-885F-3BC69AA51A9F@microsoft.com... &...

Upgrade to 4.0 workflow process taking forever
I am in the middle of an upgrade and it is taking hours to finish. It is stuck on the Setup.Server.WorkflowUPgradeAction process update and the progress bar is not moving at all. When I go to the CRM server it comes up with 4.0. Im not sure if I should kill the server or not and how to rollback 3 if I need to. It is taken about a day for this. Thanks Hi J; I'm surprised it hasn't died on it's own. I've been through this before and if it dies during the workflow upgrade, everything else in CRM is fine, but your workflows (and all their log history) might not be usa...

User Not Getting DL Messages
Hello, A User that belongs to a few DLs, is not getting messages sent to those groups. What gives then if the person is indeed part of them? Thanks in Advance, Angel On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 05:59:04 -0700, "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >A User that belongs to a few DLs, is not getting messages sent to those >groups. > >What gives then if the person is indeed part of them? > >Thanks in Advance, >Angel Check message tracking. If it shows delivery, then look at the client side and see if there are rules, etc that may be...

Sumproduct error 02-23-10
Hi Why am I getting a #VALUE! error in the following. =SUMPRODUCT(--(D25,F25,H25,J25,L25,N25,P25<>"")) Thanks if you can help Gotroots Hi, You didn't say what you expected the formula to do. Is it this =COUNTA(D25,F25,H25,J25,L25,N25,P25) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Gotroots" wrote: > Hi > > Why am I getting a #VALUE! error in the following. > > =SUMPRODUCT(--(D2...

Excel startup-compile error in hidden module: ApplicationEventHan.
All of a sudden I am getting an error on Excel startup. The error is a Microsoft Visual Basic message...compile error in hidden module:ApplicationEventHandler. I have no idea why this is happening. It does not appear to have any effect on anything I do in Excel. Any ideas? pd ...

Error while updating lead data
We are using version 4.0 of CRM. In this while edidting the existing lead details and saving the data it's giving an error. if any one come across this issue, please clarify me. Hi, What kind of errors are you getting when you are updating the lead? Can you please post the error message. Do you know how to enable DEV Errors? If so enable DEV errors, it will give you more details on the error. Hope this helps! Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/ On Feb 4, 12:27=A0am, Subbu P <Subbu P...@discussions.microsoft.com...

I'm getting the #DIV/0! error
When I'm calculating for a % I entered the IF formula =IF(B10=0,"",B10/C10) and it worked ok when B10 was 0 but how would you modify this formula if either B10 or C10 were 0? The result can display 0 for my purposes. Thanks. Try it like this... =IF(OR(B10=0,C10=0),0,B10/C10) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Reverand Mooney" <ReverandMooney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E58E8561-FA39-43A5-95C4-B21A5B55E391@microsoft.com... > When I'm calculating for a % I entered the IF formula > =IF(B10=0,"",B10/C10) ...