Generic callout.config.xml file

Hi,

I'm a MS CRM newbie.
In order to wire-up events(lets say post-create) we mention that event in
the callout.config.xml and implement that in C#. It works fine for me.

How can I write a generic event handler i.e. no matter what entity / event
is triggered in CRM my C# code should be able to handle it. How do I
accomplish this in MS CRM V 3.0.

regards
CRM NEWBIE

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Answered in the developer newsgroup. Please do not cross-post.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

"CrmNewbie" <CrmNewbie@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> I'm a MS CRM newbie.
> In order to wire-up events(lets say post-create) we mention that event in
> the callout.config.xml and implement that in C#. It works fine for me.
>
> How can I write a generic event handler i.e. no matter what entity / event
> is triggered in CRM my C# code should be able to handle it. How do I
> accomplish this in MS CRM V 3.0.
>
> regards
> CRM NEWBIE

0
Michael

Slow file access
Hello. We are experiencing very slow file access which files are located on the server side. We are using Windows Server 2008 32bit server. Clients have either Office 2003 or 2007. The current situation occurs on only Office 2003. However opening csv files, xlsx files using Excel 2003 with no problem. Only xls files we are having problems opening. All clients are using Windows XP Pro. xls files are in shared folder on the server. I thought it was caused by Symantec Endpoint Protection. however I uninstalled from both client & server side, but still having problem... Does any have...

Deserializing XML
I am trying to use XmlSerializer to serialize the XML string into an object. I used the XML schema definition to generate the code for the corresponding class (using xsd.exe). The top level class has references to objects of other classes that are defined in the same schema. I am trying to deserialize the XML string into an object of the class that was generated as explained above. Here is my code: XML string is in this.textBox1.Text. private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { string strReqInstance = this.textBox1.Text; XmlTextReader reqInstanceReader = new XmlText...

File open dialog
Is there a way to see essential file parameters such as size and date of last change in the file open dialog (in Office X I can only see the name of the files while I see all the parameters in the corresponding Windows-dialog-box). Thanks for any hints, Marko Marquardt In article <BBFE9DA1.C83%Marko.Marquardt@gmx.de>, Marko Marquardt <Marko.Marquardt@gmx.de> wrote: > Is there a way to see essential file parameters such as size and date of > last change in the file open dialog (in Office X I can only see the name of > the files while I see all the parameters in the co...

Nested for-each with external xml file (document('other.xml')) Issue
I am having an issue with the xsl document command. "document" being the way to refer to a different xml file as seen here: http://www.w3schools.com/Xsl/func_document.asp I have some absolute xpaths in my xml, and I loop over them. I've created a simple sample below. Basically, I can loop over (for-each) using an absolute path on the primary xml file. I can loop over the secondary xml file (another for-each statement). However, if I nest a for-each (referring to the primary xml data) inside a for-each statement (looping over data in the secondary xml), the for-ea...

File Rename from From
My boss has given me a scanning project where I am scanning many pages worth of information. However, each page needs to be its own seperate scan. After doing a giant batch scan, I am saving each scan under their identifiable ID number. However, I also need to add the general ID number to the file name. So, I have created a query (that each scan is based off of in the first place) that shows the name of each scan file as named during the seperation process. But, I am needing to change that name to the new name. In the query there is a field of OldName and NewName. Is there a scrip...

corrupted file
I recently opened a publisher document and all I did was delete 6 blank pages. I clicked the save icon and closed out the document. I then tried to reopen it and got the error message that Publisher cannot open this file. I can't imagine what could have happened - anyone know? My operating system is XP and my Publisher version is 2002. Might get lucky, Publisher may have created a temp file. In Windows Explorer enter %temp% in the address bar, find files with a pub prefix, change the .tmp to .pub. How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.c...

Saving a picture from excel directly to a file
Hi I would like to know how to save a picture embedded in Excel directly to a file. I do not want to copy and paste in a picture editor and then save it. Any ideas? ...

Exchange 2007 OWA Documents config
Hi, Have transistioned from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and mail appears to be flowing freely. I wish to exploit some of the new functionality in OWA for my users (school). I notice that it is now possible to add a shortcut to network shares directly in OWA. I have several shares I would like to be mapped automatically and included in the documents folder. Two are fixed and the third would depend on %username% Is there any way of automating this or do I have to explain this to my 1700 users some of which are bound to have problems! My second question relates to unified messaging a...

limiting access to files with asp.net
limiting access to files with asp.net is there any way i can make a file only accessible to certain users of my website? my files are to large to copy to a temp directory and they are of many types, .exe .xsl .xml etc. i want an href to each file but only allow users who have the right login-info in their session variable to get to the files in their directory. is there something built into .net for doing this? do i need to do some kind of isapi filter and then stream them? Yes, you can. At IIS, choose site properties, at "Home Directory" tab click at "Configuration..."...

bat file for IM
Does anyone know how to create a bat file to run a specific integration in IM? Thanks! Marisol Check out chapter 19, Running Integrations From the Command Line in the IMUsersGuide.pdf that should have installed with IM. VinceV "Marisol Britton" wrote: > Does anyone know how to create a bat file to run a specific integration in > IM? Thanks! > > Marisol Thanks!! "VinceV" wrote: > Check out chapter 19, Running Integrations From the Command Line in the > IMUsersGuide.pdf that should have installed with IM. > > VinceV > > "Mar...

Matching Generic Resources
It seems that after applying my June CU, I do not have filtering or grouping by the Skill field I created to match generic resources to skills. The grouping and value works for resources in the Resource Center, but when in Build team for the Enterprise in MSP, it finds nothing and the Skill field does not go to the custom filters as before. Also, if I group by Skill in the resource list, no grouping occurs. Anyone no what's up? ...

file synchronization
Outlook 2007 takes a very long time to synchronize folders after waking up from standby. Any suggestions? I have a fast drive system, Raid 0 with 2 SATA drives. Charlie On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:17:10 -0500, "Charlie Woll" <cwoll@citlink.net> wrote: >Outlook 2007 takes a very long time to synchronize folders after waking up >from standby. Any suggestions? >I have a fast drive system, Raid 0 with 2 SATA drives. >Charlie > I'm having the same problem. I'll be watching this thread for any suggestions. Also, I get many error messages about Microsoft Wi...

XML report to screen
Is it possible to output one of the Active Reports to the POS screen? I know you can have custom buttons open an HTML window. Can this HTML window display an Active xml Report? ...

Autocomplete
We have a user that appears to have an ongoing issue with his .nk2 file. When he reboots his machine, his file either is no longer present or overwrites an existing file. We have verified his machine has hung a couple times on him which resulted in the file being overwritten. He informed us today that he simply reboot his machine and the file is now missing. There does not appear to be any type of configuration we can do for this feature except to enable/disable it. Anyone have a similar exerpience or information as to how I can resolve his problems? Thanks in advance. Nick Create a new p...

how do you evalute a xpath query with xml tag like this <bac:BACne
i got xml file that have <bac:BACnetDevices> and <bac:BACnetDevice> tag how do you make a xpath query with that type of tags this is the query that i come up with /Site/Networks/Network/bac:BACnetDevices/bac:BACnetDevice/@InstanceNumber but i got "undefined namespace prefix -'bac'" error What are you using to try to access the node in this XPath? Is this XSL = or .NET? Is the bac namespace actually defined (i.e. = xmlns:bac=3D"something")? --=20 Greg Collins [Microsoft MVP] Visit Brain Trove ( http://www.BrainTrove.com ) hello, i'm using .N...

Generic
hi; this program has two error if u can help me; Error 1 The type or namespace name 'T' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Error 2 The type or namespace name 'T' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) //********************************************************* using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using System.Text; namespace ConsoleApplication93 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { sum (12....

xml to pdf using c# asp.net
Hi, At the moment I am working on an documentation tool where customers can build their own documentation by selection chapters of standard docs and building their own 'tree' of documentation. This is all done in xml, and now I want to transform this xml document to a pdf. Does somebody have experience with this? Tnx in advance! Martijn There are a host of pdf generators that use XML as a source. Many (all that I know of) are commercial endeavours though. Here are a few I have looked at previously in my research: Active PDF: http://www.activepdf.com/products/serverproducts/tool...

Finding non-existing records, or Nulls in XML
Hi guys! I am getting a bit flustered with XML. Using CR, I am trying to create a report that shows all salesorders that has no associated invoices. Using regular SQL I could do a: Select * from Salesorders where salesorderid NOT in ( select salesorderid from invoices ) Using the CR report wizard I don't know how to achieve this. And looking at the underlying SQL query only shows me XML. :-( Maybe there is a completely different way to do this? Anyone out there with any tips on how I can go about this? Gratefully !Robert Robert, The underlying query is presented in FetchXML fo...

XML to MS Word document
Hi, I've got a really laborious task at my work. I have to write documentation to my C# code in MS Word till Wednesday. They don't care that, documentation already exist in MSDN format generated by nDoc. They still want it, in MS Word Format. While I was writing a code, I always documented all my methods, class and namespaces in VS.NET XML format documentation. But now, I've got 130 pages long XML document, MS Word template, and 3 days to copy and past all of data in XML to new MS Word document. Do you know any program, which could help me in automation this laborious proc...

How to Open Files in Tabs
Is there any way I can have multiple Word files open, and select them using tabs at the top or bottom, just as I can select excel worksheets, or different webpages in the latest browsers ? I regularly work on the same 3 or 4 related files, and I would like to be able to select a tab to move between them. Perhaps there is another way to achieve a similar way of working ? I am using Win XP Prof, and Word 2003. Thanks. Not TABS as such, but you can use ALT+SHIFT to move between anything open on you desktop, much easier than using that dreaded mouse. Hope that helps a little. ...

Generic dictionary
Dictionary have strange behavior. A need always add entry at end of collection, but it doesn't work The following is my source: Dictionary<string, string> a = new Dictionary<string, string>(); a.Add("3", "3"); a.Add("i3", "i3"); a.Add("2i3", "2i3"); a.Remove("3"); a.Add("i2", "i2"); Please notice that last source row("i2", "i2") add element to first place instead removed item(...

xml receipt modification
is there a way to have a receipt print the long description on a receipt but only if the the customer is paying "Price A", and not have it print for all other customers. Please help. Thank You Victor Hi Victor, If you are interested we can offer a custom solution. Please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Victor" wrote: > is there a way to have a receipt print the long description on a receipt but > only if the the customer is paying "Price A", and not have it print for all > other customers. > Please help. > Thank You >...

Shared Collector file potential problem
Why is the Collector file shared across companies? This causes every person who is defined as a collector to appear in collector setup in every company. Not such an issue as this is a one time setup. However, my concern is having users assign tasks to collectors who may not have access to that specific company. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion i...

delete info from source file w/out changing the destination file
Hello I have two work sheet linked together for patient tracking files. All the information from the open source file is automatically updated in the Closed file. I want to be able to constantly update the closed file with out keeping more then 30 rows in the open file. Therefore, Once the patient tracking is completed, I should be able to delete the information form the source file with out removing it from the destination file. I am also having difficulty in moving the data down once I want to add another patient into the open file. e.g. row one was Tricia - info completed - delete Tr...

How to extract entire database to XML and from XML back to MDB file
Does anyone know of an automated way to extract the entirety of a MDB file to a XML flag file? I see there is a way to extract single tables from the menu, but I would like to store the entire MDB file in a flat file(s), store it in a versioning system (eg, CVS) that computes and stores deltas, retrieve it from the versioning system and rebuild the MDB file. Thanks, Siegfried To get the list of the tables, loop through the TableDefs. Alternative: OpenRecordset() on this query: SELECT MsysObjects.Name FROM MsysObjects WHERE (([Type] In (1,4,6)) AND ([Name] Not Like "~*") ...