generating .csv file

Hi,
Is there any process (Code) to generate .csv files to all entities in
MSCRM at a time.

regards,
sailaja.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I think you are not clear with question.

1. You can export data to .csv file or excel file from any entity

2. You can export customization to .xml file which are enttities list etc.

--
Regards,
Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"sailaja.crm@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any process (Code) to generate .csv files to all entities in
> MSCRM at a time.
>

> regards,
> sailaja.

0
mscrmexpert (134)
2/15/2008 11:59:01 AM
On Feb 15, 4:59 pm, Imran-mscrmexpert <mscrmexp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you are not clear with question.
>
> 1. You can export data to .csv file or excel file from any entity
>
> 2. You can export customization to .xml file which are enttities list etc.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Imran
> MS CRM Certified Professional
>
> http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com
>
> Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexp...@gmail.com
>
> "sailaja....@gmail.com" wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Is there any process (Code) to generate .csv files to all entities in
> > MSCRM at a time.
>
> > regards,
> > sailaja.

My actual problem is .......... I have to generate the .csv files to
the all entities at a time by writing some code (either javascript or
c# code). Please help me if anyone can...

passing file name
hye..how to pass the file name that have been read in this function to another function?here's my openfile code.. void CPIDDlg::OnFileOpen() { this->UpdateData(); CFile f; char DataFile[] = { "NUM Files (*.num)|*.num||" }; CFileDialog FileDlg(TRUE,".num",NULL,0,DataFile); if( FileDlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { CString File = FileDlg.GetFileName(); if(f.Open(FileDlg.GetFileName(), CFile::modeRead) == FALSE ) { InitPidDisplay(File); return; } else f.Close(); if (!InitPidDisplay(File)) AfxMessageBox("Failed to load data"); els...

ExcelReport
Please access http://www.ljzsoft.com ExcelReport is a report generator to generate reports in Microsoft Excel format. If you know how to use Excel and write SQL statements, you can use ExcelReport to create all kinds of reports as you need. Furthermore, with one time configuration, you can easily build periodic reports such as daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports. ...

Dynamically generating email as html from a template
Would anyone know of an article/information detailing the creation of templates in word that can be used to create word documents by merging data to be saved as html to be included as the body of an email in outlook. .... or another method of dynamically creating emails in outlook based on a template. Thanx for the Advice Have you looked at Word's mail merge feature? That's exactly what it = does. See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/startletter.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Us...

Preventive Maintenance, multiple call generation 1 generate to pr.
need to be able to have preventive maintenance generate a call for each day in a month when running the generate routine. Rather than having to create each one individually. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...

Store linked file in blob field
Hi together , i have a Microsoft Access application where users stored linked files instead of the file contents in sql server blob fields. Now I need to move the file content programmatically from disk file system into the blob field. With help of this news group I have some code to get the filenames and paths where they can be found in file system. But how can I write the file into the blob field so that the access application recognizes in a form with ole control that athe content of a blob field is a jpg file so that after doubleclicking that control the file is opened in phot...

can't open an excel 97 file
Hi all, We have a 2 MB Excel 97 file that suddenly sent an error message when trying to open it: "imposible leer archivo" (that is "impossible to open file") We do not have a backup copy of the file, do you any way to recover the information saved on that file? Thanks, Betty Betty, Excel 2002 (and maybe 2000) has an "Open and repair" facility that might be useful. OpenOffice (free download from openoffice.org) is said to be able to open some damaged Excel files. You can send it to me (there's an email address at my web site, below). I have both....

Transferring Outlook Files #2
How do I transfer outlook folders from one PC to a replacement PC? ChuckB wrote: > How do I transfer outlook folders from one PC to a > replacement PC? Close Outlook, and search for and copy, your *.pst file. It's as simple as that! (You will have to re-create your email account though....) -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ChuckB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I transfer outlook folders from one PC to a > replacement PC? http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.ht...

Can't access files with a double click..
Not sure what got deleted off my computer. But now when I double click on a let's say Excel file, it opens up Excel but not the file. I have to go to "open" and find the file in the folders. How do I get that functionality back? ...

PROVEN SYSTEM TO GENERATE CASH
Hi friends, I think it be a very promising program .... the great thing about it is they market it for you! Easy, once you join all of this happens without you lifting a finger! You automatically received your replicated Unique URL (personal web site) You automatically have 150,000+ emails sent to promote your web site You automatically have people (just like you) visit your web site You automatically have welcome emails sent to your new prospects You automatically have 10 days of follow-up (drip) emails sent to your new prospects The System automatically processes the new member when they...

OST file location bug
Here's how to bring Outlook 2003 to its knees: 1. Configure Outlook 2003 to use Cached Exchange Mode. Use the default location for the OST file, and roaming profiles. 2. Allow a user to log on at a dozen or so computers. 3. Have the user get married, take her husband's last name, and request that her user name be changed to reflect this. 4. Watch the fun that ensues every time she tries to run Outlook 2003 on a computer she didn't log onto while single, when Outlook looks for her OST file in C:\Documents and Settings\<MaidenName>\Local Settings\Application Data\Micro...

Why do I get "Publisher cannot open that file" on all files I sav.
All the new files I save, and previous files I created, I can't re-open again after saving them. I re-installed the program again, it was no help. I'm using Publisher 2003. I made sure it is saving them as "Publisher files". Help, please! Are you on a PC? If so, locate the folder all your .PUB files are in. Right click on one of the *.pub files, click on open with, and see if the Publisher icon shows up. If not, find your way to the MSPUB.EXE file and tell your PC to use that file to open up your *.pub programs. See if that works first. If not.....you may be doomed...

vs2005 xsd.exe: Can it generate different files?
Is there an option to get the vs2005 xsd.exe tool to generate seperate files for each class that it generates? It would be much easier from a maintenance standpoint than one big giant file for my classes. Thanks for any help Matt MattBell wrote: > Is there an option to get the vs2005 xsd.exe tool to generate seperate files > for each class that it generates? I had a look at the output of xsd.exe /help but there is no option/setting mentioned. -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ ...

best way to transfer info between twoPersonal Folders.pst files
What's the best way to transfer information between two Personal Folders(1).pst files? Thanks, DH Open both files in the same Outlook profile. Copy what you want from one to the other. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:uLCJRxm4IHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What's the be...

Open Files, perform action - fails
The following code casues an application defined error and I need hel understanding why. The code for finding the word "closed" in column works fine in a worksheet all by itself. And the code that reads file list from a directory works fine by itself. However, the tw together seem not to behave together...Any thoughts???? Sub OpenWorkbooksInLocation() Application.ScreenUpdating = True 'to see whats happening Dim i As Integer With Application.FileSearch 'find files .NewSearch .LookIn = "C:\Test" 'Amend to suit .SearchSubFolders = False .Filename = "...

to generate only table names but not their schema in the database
My replication on multiple servers failed. So i want to know which articles are published from the daabase. i wish to generate only articles that are there in the database, but not their schema or column names. how to do this through ms visio ...

Auto-generate product ID
Is there a way to auto-generate product ID? Or is there any third party addons that does that? Better yet would be a way to auto-generate a barcode for each item "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1EF7ACB-8D15-4527-A8C7-53C9F8FD6906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to auto-generate product ID? Or is there any third party > addons that does that? Raymond, We offer AutoGen for this purpose. Barcode 128A is the default for new item adds. For more information contact your RMS reseller or visit: http://www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddin...

Auto Generate Serial Numbers for Bill of Materials
Hi! We have a partner in Australia who has some issues with the Serial Number Masks for Finished Goods in Inventory. Currently Bill of Materials functions this way: If the customer creates 20 finished products which tracks Serial Numbers. The user has to manually enter the 20 serial numbers into Assembly Entry. Even though the Finished product has been setup with a Serial Mask, there is no option to Auto Generate Serial Numbers. He would like to suggest that there should be an auto generate serial number function also for the finished goods in Bill of Materials. Thanks, ---------...

Is it possible to recover a deleted sheet after saving the file?
I moved a sheet from File1 to File2. I saved File1 and closed it then closed File2 but accidentally clicked No when prompted to save. Now I don't have the sheet in either file. Any idea if the sheet is saved somewhere? It is not in the autobackup folder. If you don't have a backup, it's gone... In article <6C69FE0E-56A4-4EC7-88A1-7D93EBEF9A07@microsoft.com>, "RoseM" <RoseM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I moved a sheet from File1 to File2. I saved File1 and closed it then closed > File2 but accidentally clicked No when prompted to save....

Converting European format CSV to American
The European CSV uses semi-colons and has commas in numbers to denote decimal. I Need to be able to import to Excel with numbers in decimal (.) format. Is there an Excel setting? I can save the csv as txt and open and choose the semi-colon delimiter - but that is clunky and doesn't cover the decimal problem without setting an option during the import to denote amounts use comma rather than period. Hi one way (also clunky...): - set the regional settings according to the format of your CSV-file - import the file and save it - change the regional settings back to the original valu...

how to generate a range of number
Howdy folks, I would like to know how to generate a range of number (for example: 10000 to 19999) in excel without typing them in each number into each cell one by one. Your help would boot up my business significantly. Gracias, Vito Corleone, President Check out the Edit|Fill, Series options. If you want the numbers to go down a column, make sure you click the Columns choice. tj "Vito Corleone" wrote: > Howdy folks, > > I would like to know how to generate a range of number > (for example: 10000 to 19999) in excel without typing them > in each number int...

resource files and the CPicture
Hello all I want to know how exactly to edit my project resource file. To begin with i have no idea what a resource file is. Google has not been much help... Then i want to know how to include a jpg in my rc and load and display it using the CPicture object. Thanks a bunch in advance! Assuming that you are using Visual Studio and you are writing VC++/MFC application. Create a new project/open your project. From the menu select View->Resource View. You should see a tab where Solution Explorer is also displayed. Expand the item that is the same as your project's name and whala your...

How to FTPCommand to upload file
Hi, In FTP server, the size of file always zero CHAR szTemp[256]; wsprintf (szTemp, "APPE %s", "test.txt"); BOOL bRet = FtpCommand(hConnection, TRUE, FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_ASCII, szTemp, 0, &hResponse);// The handle to read the response if (!bRet) { cout << "FtpCommand failed, error: " << GetLastError() << endl; return; } Perhaps you should try to STOR the file instead of APPE it. HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "mjh" <jongh@21cn.com&...

Sending files to a commercial printer
I'm having some problems getting a book to print with proper shades of gray formatting in tables and text boxes. Long story short, my printer has told me that the formatting for gray can be between 10 & 15 %. Could anyone tell me what the RGB values have to be for grey scale to print with these values (10 or 15%)? I can't find a reference anywhere. Currently, I am using 166,166,166. My best guess is that's around 20%, but when I get the material back from the printer, the gray scale, even at that level is washed out. I know, time to look for a new printer. but for t...

File-list generated from folder including attributes
Hey guys My macro generates a file-name list with accordingly attributes as "size", "Accessed date". My problem is to expand this Explorer-information with attributes: "Author" and "Owner". I dont know/cantv find the code...... maybe file.author or something????+ Here is my macro: Sub SelectFiles(ByVal sPath) '----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim fldr As Object Dim Folder As Object Dim file As Object Dim Files As Object Set Folder = FSO.GetFolder(sPath) Set Files = Folder.Files...