Generating a document from Opportunity

Opportunities for us are the center of the sales cycle.  What is the "best
practices" solution to create a document that is launched from an Opportunity
that pulls in the relevant data of the Company name and address, and stock
and custom Opportunity fields?

In a perfect world it would automatically post an activity in the Opp's
history and attach the said merged document to that activity.

Any thoughts or direction, much appreciated.
Rich Scott
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi, Richard.

I have the same question.
I actually wonder what are the "best practices" for creating a document from
an instance of any CRM-object not only for the opportunity - object.
Have you gotten any information?

Thank you.

.../Helena

"Richard Scott" wrote:

> Opportunities for us are the center of the sales cycle.  What is the "best
> practices" solution to create a document that is launched from an Opportunity
> that pulls in the relevant data of the Company name and address, and stock
> and custom Opportunity fields?
>
> In a perfect world it would automatically post an activity in the Opp's
> history and attach the said merged document to that activity.
>
> Any thoughts or direction, much appreciated.
> Rich Scott
Hello!

If you use the Outlook SFO you can use the MailMerge function
to create documents. If you make some templates of Word-Documents for
the different
CRM-Objects you can select an row select MailMerge function.

Also we have a new Add-On which then adds the content of the
Word-Document to the
CRM-Object thru an letteractivity.
With our Add-On you can also go the other direction and open a Word
Document and add
thru a Button-Click in Word a Letteractivity to the CRM -Object you
select.

If you are interessted we have two demos on our Website
www.mscrm-addons.com.

best regards

ternek christian

support@mscrm-addons.com
www.mscrm-addons.com

Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
WordMailMerge       for MSCRM
GroupCalendar       for MSCRM
    Related Documents   for MSCRM

0
support
1/28/2005 8:07:47 AM
I see that this works from Account or Contact or Lead, but I need to
MailMerge from Opportunity.  An example would be that I am sending out a
follow up letter to accounts but the letter includes a bunch of information
in a specific opportunity.  I want to be able to merge the data in from the
opportunity, and have it in a letter the pulls in the address etc. of the
account.
Rich

"support@mscrm-addons.com" wrote:

> Hello!
>
> If you use the Outlook SFO you can use the MailMerge function
> to create documents. If you make some templates of Word-Documents for
> the different
> CRM-Objects you can select an row select MailMerge function.
>
> Also we have a new Add-On which then adds the content of the
> Word-Document to the
> CRM-Object thru an letteractivity.
> With our Add-On you can also go the other direction and open a Word
> Document and add
> thru a Button-Click in Word a Letteractivity to the CRM -Object you
> select.
>
> If you are interessted we have two demos on our Website
> www.mscrm-addons.com.
>
> best regards
>
> ternek christian
>
> support@mscrm-addons.com
> www.mscrm-addons.com
>
> Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
> WordMailMerge       for MSCRM
> GroupCalendar       for MSCRM
>     Related Documents   for MSCRM

ExcelReport
Please access http://www.ljzsoft.com ExcelReport is a report generator to generate reports in Microsoft Excel format. If you know how to use Excel and write SQL statements, you can use ExcelReport to create all kinds of reports as you need. Furthermore, with one time configuration, you can easily build periodic reports such as daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports. ...

Dynamically generating email as html from a template
Would anyone know of an article/information detailing the creation of templates in word that can be used to create word documents by merging data to be saved as html to be included as the body of an email in outlook. .... or another method of dynamically creating emails in outlook based on a template. Thanx for the Advice Have you looked at Word's mail merge feature? That's exactly what it = does. See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/startletter.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Us...

Preventive Maintenance, multiple call generation 1 generate to pr.
need to be able to have preventive maintenance generate a call for each day in a month when running the generate routine. Rather than having to create each one individually. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...

.net code to compare 2 xml documents
I've looked at XmlDiff, but can't use its output in my case. Therefore i'm looking for an alternative. I need at piece of code that can take 2 xml documents and tell me the differnces. Any ideas? Hi Rasmus, I searched through the web, however, I didn't find any other xml comparing tool better than XmlDiff. I think it is a complicated process to compare two XmlDocuments. This cannot be achieved by a simple piece of code. As far as I can see, XmlDiff patch provides us with a good solution of comparing Xml documents. And it is an open source one. I think you can try to...

PROVEN SYSTEM TO GENERATE CASH
Hi friends, I think it be a very promising program .... the great thing about it is they market it for you! Easy, once you join all of this happens without you lifting a finger! You automatically received your replicated Unique URL (personal web site) You automatically have 150,000+ emails sent to promote your web site You automatically have people (just like you) visit your web site You automatically have welcome emails sent to your new prospects You automatically have 10 days of follow-up (drip) emails sent to your new prospects The System automatically processes the new member when they...

Use Excel fields in Word document
I have a general form letter that I need to send to several people. For everything that changes on the letter I want to make a collumn in an Excel spreadsheet that would have the value I want in the letter. I think this is somewhat of a "mail merge" type of concept, but I would like each letter to save to a seperate Word document so I can file them by client. Can anyone recommend how to edit my letter in word and excel to accomodate this? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Brent" <Brent@discussi...

Formatting changes when documents are emailed
I sometimes send Word documents to a friend. He uses Word 2003, I have 2000. The documents are relatively straightforward, using a single style and an uncomplicated layout, with only two sections, the second of which has different margin and tab settings to the first, and also page numbering. If my friend prints a document directly from the email attachment, my formatting is reproduced exactly. If, though, he saves the attached file to his hard drive and then prints it from there, the formatting goes awry. Specifically, the section break is ignored and the section two layout,...

vs2005 xsd.exe: Can it generate different files?
Is there an option to get the vs2005 xsd.exe tool to generate seperate files for each class that it generates? It would be much easier from a maintenance standpoint than one big giant file for my classes. Thanks for any help Matt MattBell wrote: > Is there an option to get the vs2005 xsd.exe tool to generate seperate files > for each class that it generates? I had a look at the output of xsd.exe /help but there is no option/setting mentioned. -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ ...

Auto-generate product ID
Is there a way to auto-generate product ID? Or is there any third party addons that does that? Better yet would be a way to auto-generate a barcode for each item "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1EF7ACB-8D15-4527-A8C7-53C9F8FD6906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to auto-generate product ID? Or is there any third party > addons that does that? Raymond, We offer AutoGen for this purpose. Barcode 128A is the default for new item adds. For more information contact your RMS reseller or visit: http://www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddin...

to generate only table names but not their schema in the database
My replication on multiple servers failed. So i want to know which articles are published from the daabase. i wish to generate only articles that are there in the database, but not their schema or column names. how to do this through ms visio ...

OPENING A DOCUMENT
Hello I've saved a path and filename to a record. How do I read that record and open the relevant document ie phil.doc as a word document or phil.xls as a excel document,alter this document and save again? If you saved it as a hyperlink, you can open the document just by clicking the link. On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "SetHyperlink.mdb" which illustrates both how to save a document name as a hyperlink and also how it calls up the document. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersacc...

how do i make a document lengthwise
I'm trying to make an excel document that is lengthwise instead of the standard way...how do I do that??? One way: File/Page Setup/Page tab. Choose Landscape from Orientation section. In article <284D804B-5DAB-4B2A-A685-2BB9D14C2462@microsoft.com>, "clueless" <clueless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to make an excel document that is lengthwise instead of the > standard way...how do I do that??? ...

In Word how do i remmove a hperlink to a page in the document?
Hello, Any help would be great! Thanks Frank Right-click and choose "Remove hyperlink"? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2711E212-E7DF-43C8-B502-5735F155992E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > Any help would be great! > Thanks > Frank > ...

Can't add issues or documents via Project Professional
I have several users that are experiencing this problem. When the choose Collaborate/Manage Deliverables, nothing happens. Other users seem to not have any issue. Any ideas? Have the projects been published recently? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "mhegges" <mhegges@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EF52A22-D572-48D9-B449-E924686653DE@microsoft.com... > I have several users that are experiencing this problem....

How to remove xmlns attribute from XML document (.net)
I am relatively new to XML and C#. So, forgive me if this question is too newbie. :-) While assuming this is an easy programming task, I couldn't find a single reference anywhere for how to do it. Here is the situation: I am given an XML file like the one below from other group in my company to load the data into our database. <root xmlns="the-namespace"> .... data here... .... </root> The particular namespace may mean something to the people who generate the xml data schema and data files but nothing to us. Here is my code (we have a schema and a data files ...

Auto Generate Serial Numbers for Bill of Materials
Hi! We have a partner in Australia who has some issues with the Serial Number Masks for Finished Goods in Inventory. Currently Bill of Materials functions this way: If the customer creates 20 finished products which tracks Serial Numbers. The user has to manually enter the 20 serial numbers into Assembly Entry. Even though the Finished product has been setup with a Serial Mask, there is no option to Auto Generate Serial Numbers. He would like to suggest that there should be an auto generate serial number function also for the finished goods in Bill of Materials. Thanks, ---------...

how to generate a range of number
Howdy folks, I would like to know how to generate a range of number (for example: 10000 to 19999) in excel without typing them in each number into each cell one by one. Your help would boot up my business significantly. Gracias, Vito Corleone, President Check out the Edit|Fill, Series options. If you want the numbers to go down a column, make sure you click the Columns choice. tj "Vito Corleone" wrote: > Howdy folks, > > I would like to know how to generate a range of number > (for example: 10000 to 19999) in excel without typing them > in each number int...

document() function problem
I am trying to use the document function inside an ASP.Net control, specifically a SharePoint Web Part. For whatever reason, the function always seems to return an empty node set. I am providing a resolver to both the Load method and the transform but it doesn't seem to matter. I then derived my own resolver from XmlUrlResolver and placed Debug.WriteLine calls inside the constructor, GetEntity() and ResolveUri(). When viewing the debug information printed, I only see the call to the constructor. It seems the XslTransform class is not even trying to use the resolver. This dll has a co...

XPathNavigator.Select with a document that has default namespace only

File-list generated from folder including attributes
Hey guys My macro generates a file-name list with accordingly attributes as "size", "Accessed date". My problem is to expand this Explorer-information with attributes: "Author" and "Owner". I dont know/cantv find the code...... maybe file.author or something????+ Here is my macro: Sub SelectFiles(ByVal sPath) '----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim fldr As Object Dim Folder As Object Dim file As Object Dim Files As Object Set Folder = FSO.GetFolder(sPath) Set Files = Folder.Files...

Newly Mailbox not being generated
I am running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 I have created new users and selected to create a mailbox and they don't show. I have created mailboxes by using the exchange task wizard and still the same thing. I have update the "Recipient Update Service" and Recipient Policies and still no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank You Terry How are you determining that the mailboxes are not being created? Are you looking under the Mailbox Store->Mailboxes in the Exchange System Manager? The mailbox will not show up there until it is initialized (the user logs ...

class generated from XSD.exe will not generate XML?
Using this command line to run XSD.exe xsd /c /o:outputDir input.xsd /f on the following XSD <?xml version="1.0"?> <schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:dino="http://example.com/test" targetNamespace="http://example.com/test" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <element name="dinosaurs"> <complexType> <attribute name="version" type="decimal" fixed="1.0" /> <attribute name="source" type="normalizedString" /> <attribute ...

SOP Documents Priniting error
Dear All, I am facing a problem in printing Sop documents .only power user have access to print the document without any error.other user get an error "you dont have sufficient priviliges to open this document" .But after this message report open . i assign all rights to these users in sales reports. Hi Qurat, Please go thru' the blog posts from David Musgrave on GP Security & Related Concepts. Link: http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp You will see series of Posts that explains the concepts in detail. The reason, I am leading you to this blog: You will learn...

Excellent Income Opportunity " WHAT TO KNOW"
EXCELLENT CASH INCOME I started out with $6. Now, I am making thousands. I found this on a bulletin board and decided to try it. A little while back, I was browsing through newsgroups, just like you are now, and came across an article similar to this that said you could make thousands of dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of $6.00! So I thought, "Yeah right, this must be a scam", but like most of us, I was curious, so I kept reading. Anyway, it said that you send $1.00 to each of the 6 names and addresses stated in the article. You then place your own na...