From where comes adventure-works.com?

About to try my third install of CRM Server 1.2 because the sample app
will not install. The docs say

       Installing and Configuring Microsoft CRM
       Create the OU for the Microsoft CRM organization

       1.
        From AD01, on the Start menu, point to Programs, point to
Administrative      Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and
Computers.

       2.
        Right-click adventure-works.com, click New, and then click
Organizational Unit.

but in our Exchange server we have no adventure-works.com domain.

Where/how does that get setup?

Thanks,
TimJowers
0
timjowers
5/20/2004 9:48:44 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Adventure-works is test data you can use with the system. If you are not
using this data crm will create an OU based upon the organiazation name you
put into the system

"Tim Jowers" <timjowers@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> About to try my third install of CRM Server 1.2 because the sample app
> will not install. The docs say
>
>        Installing and Configuring Microsoft CRM
>        Create the OU for the Microsoft CRM organization
>
>        1.
>         From AD01, on the Start menu, point to Programs, point to
> Administrative      Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and
> Computers.
>
>        2.
>         Right-click adventure-works.com, click New, and then click
> Organizational Unit.
>

> but in our Exchange server we have no adventure-works.com domain.
>

> Where/how does that get setup?
>
> Thanks,
> TimJowers

0
John
5/21/2004 5:00:02 AM
Tim,

The installation guide assumes you have setup a complete environment just for
the sample data.  It doesn't matter where in AD you create that OU.  You can put
it anywhere, as long as you select that same OU during the install.

Matt Parks

On 20 May 2004 14:48:44 -0700, timjowers@yahoo.com (Tim Jowers) wrote:

About to try my third install of CRM Server 1.2 because the sample app
will not install. The docs say

       Installing and Configuring Microsoft CRM
       Create the OU for the Microsoft CRM organization

       1.
        From AD01, on the Start menu, point to Programs, point to
Administrative      Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and
Computers.

       2.
        Right-click adventure-works.com, click New, and then click
Organizational Unit.

but in our Exchange server we have no adventure-works.com domain.

Where/how does that get setup?

Thanks,
TimJowers

0
Matt

Hyperlinks on web page doesn't work
When I publish my diagram as a web page and run it in IE I get a warning message asking me if I want to allow scripts or ActiveX controls. If I do that the hyperlinks doesn't work, but if don't allow it all links work. Why is like this and what can I do about it? Just to clearify: it's links pointing to next page in the same drawing. It works fine in Vision and as mentioned abowe if I don't allow scripts or ActiveX. "MagnusO" wrote: > When I publish my diagram as a web page and run it in IE I get a warning > message asking me if I want to allow scripts ...

Data migration - Adventure Works

Send to Mail recipient not working in Outlook 2010
Hi, I have just noticed that when I right click on a file to send to mail recipient nothing happens. I am running Windows 7 x64 and would like some to help me fix this please? Microsoft Outlook is set as default mail client Thanks Clayton wrote: > Hi, I have just noticed that when I right click on a file to send to > mail > recipient nothing happens. I am running Windows 7 x64 and would like > some to > help me fix this please? > Microsoft Outlook is set as default mail client > > Thanks Are you using 32 or 64 bit Office 2010? Larry th...

New Smartlists from SLBuilder only work for me the builder
I have recently installed Smartlist Builder on several user's PC's and have created both new Smartlists & Excel Reports. The Excel Reports that have been deployed work fine for users with access. The Smartlists I have created (along with the downloaded from MS one's) are "visible to the user but no results are returned". So far I have given the users increasing security rights to be able to access the lists. I can log into their machines & run the reports as "sa" and my user id, they don't run under theirs even though they see the l...

Want to copy a cell down until it comes to the next nonblank cell, and then take this next nonblank cell until it comes to the next nonblank cell, and so on...
First time post-er, please be patient! I've got an excel spreadsheet which I'm trying to put into a format that's easy to filter. Before I can do that, I've got to clean up the data in one column - I'm bound by how the data dumps from another tool. There are several rows that basically relate to one grouping of information and so in this one column I have a project name (as part of a long string of text defining additional aspects of this project) and then for several rows below that, same column, I have names of people working on this particular project. (The name of th...

Keyboard in Excel will not work
The keyboard in my Excel program will not type. The keyboard works in all other programs. What has happened, and what can I do to fix the problem? Does rebooting help? If yes, then maybe it was a stuck key. If no, can you try this: close excel windows start button|Run excel /safe Did that help? Starting in Safe mode keeps lots of things from starting--including "helpful" macros. If that worked, then it's time for some detective work. Chip Pearson has some instructions for finding problems at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Essentially, you're g...

working with different operating systems
My computer system information shows that my operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm wanting to access a web application but it's saying that my computer is showning up to be a Windows Vista Home. According to the requirement to access this web application I need to upgrade my operating system to either a Windows XP Pro or to a Windows Vista Pro. Is there a way to do this with my current operating system? Is there a way I can change my current OS to one of the required OS's? Or, is there a way I can run and/or install one of the required OS's while ...

Unitek's Microsoft CRM Dedicated Portal Comes to the Rescue of Bus
Unitek Education, one of North America's leading IT education and training organizations, has announced the introduction of a personalized Microsoft CRM portal. In essence, this high-powered, all in one educational solution caters to the advanced needs of Unitek's clients and valued customers. Fremont, CA (PRWEB) February 4, 2008 -- With this new portal, Unitek will be able to better service the ever growing educational needs of its Microsoft CRM customer base at its own Microsoft CRM Blog. (http://www.unitek.com/training/microsoft/crm/blog) Experience gained through successful...

XSLT, coming from ASP model
Hello, I am moving over from using msxml2.domdocument to system.xml and system.xml.xsl. I'd like to present this to my group today, so your help is appreciated. I want to transform an XML object (built on the fly) with an XSL document (URL to document) and have it return a string object for my function. Here's where I am: Function x as String 'this function will return transformed xml Dim oXML as New System.xml.xmldocument oXML.LoadXML("<document/>") oXSL as New System.xml.xmldocument oXSL.Load([stylesheet]) x = ??? End Function I sta...

When is new version coming?
Any idea when a new version will be out? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rbrookstn@charter.net <rbrookstn@charter.net>!"... > Any idea when a new version will be out? Publisher 2003 is the newest version of Publisher, and was released on October 21, 2003. I would not expect a new version for a while now. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Well, that sucks! -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Officia...

opening a Works 3.0 database spreadsheet saved on disk into excel 97
How can I convert or open a Works 3.0 database spreadsheet (from an older computer which is saved on a floppy disk) and save it into Excel 97 on a different computer? Thanks. ...

entourage

Coming Over?
With the problems *QIF* I have been having with Quicken (Schmicken). I am thinking of coming across to Money. What I see I like. I like the layout and the ease of downloading OFX files. Poured a lot of $$ into Quicken but maybe its time to bit the bullet. Wondering if s there is any old Quicken alumni out there and their opinion of Money vs Qucken (Schmicken)? butchNbutcher wrote in <Cn47d.5645$nJ3.317@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>: >With the problems *QIF* I have been having with Quicken (Schmicken). I >am thinking of coming across to Money. What I see I like. I like the >...

Where did the buttons come from?
I just created a dialog based mfc application. Two buttons appear on the application when it is run Ok and Cancel. They are not there when I edit the dialog in the resource editor. Yet when I run the application, there they are. How do I get rid of them? I just had that problem, only I wanted the controls to show up. Open the .rc file in a text editor. Scroll down to the IDD_YOURDIALOG. Find the control, button, etc and delete it. There are a couple other places in your code you should be aware of. 1. The Dialog .h file contains an afx_msg void Onbnclickedsomebutton() 2. The Dialog .cpp f...

Address Book Not Working With Text Messages Sent By Outlook
Every time I try to send a text message per Outlook, I can type and send the message, only as long as I physically type a person's name in the To box. If I click on the little address book button beside the To box or click on the icon at the top of the message page, I immediately get kicked out of Outlook, and it must restart. Does anyone know what is wrong and how it might be fixed? Thanks, Candy What version of Outlook? What type of email account? It sounds like the address book is corrupt. If you use outlook 2003 or older, try this: go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose Vie...

Interested in COM Automation
Hello! I'm interested in implementing COM ACutomation in my program. More specifically, I want to make my program scriptable. My program is MFC-based so it seems to me COM Automation is the way to go. I don't have any COM interfaces though, but I don't need to have that for automation, right? From what I understand, I can expose regular classes through COM Automation. What are the best online resources? Is there a recommended book? Thanks in advance! -- Daniel A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-pos...

MOD Function: MOD(7.0,1) = 1 Why? and how to work around it.
I'm using Excel 2003 spreadsheet, but I've tried this in Excel 2010 & OpenOffice.org. A similiar error occurs. You can see that I've also used the Microsoft suggested workaround but to no avail. Does anyone have an answer or possible suggestion. A B C Base Increment 5.0 0.10 Qty MOD(Qty,1) number-(INT(number/divisor)*divisor) Equiv. = Qty-(INT(Qty/1)*1) $A$2 5.0 0.0 0.0 SUM($A5,$B$2) 5.1 0.1 0.1 SUM($A13,$B$2) 5.9 0.9 0.9 SUM($A14,$B$2) 6.0 0.0 0.0 SUM($A15,$B$2) 6.1 0.1 0.1 SUM($A23,$B$2) 6.9 0.9 0.9...

AfxMessageBox() not working...
Hi, Check out the code::: int nResponse = dlg.DoModal(); switch(nResponse) { case IDOK: { // TODO: Place code here to handle when the dialog is // dismissed with OK AfxMessageBox("Exiting Application"); break; } case IDCANCEL: { // TODO: Place code here to handle when the dialog is // dismissed with Cancel AfxMessageBox("Exiting Application : Execution Cancelled"); break; } }// End Switch Now here when the dialog ends, I dont see any message boxes popping up...whats the issue... Kindly suggest Thanks, a.a.cpp On 11 May 2005 20:48:...

Workflow status active, but not working
Hello, I have an opportunity that triggered a (sales process )workflow rule on creation. When I look at the the sales process in the opportunity it shows that it's active. When I move from sales stage from eg 20% to 50% none of the workflow activities are kicked off for the 50%. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, can you create a new test opportunity and see if it has the same problem ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Loreeta" <Loreeta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B072F8E1-6DBA...

how come i cangt type on word: waht is " selection locked"?
what is 'selection locked"? It sounds like you are probably using a trial version of the software that has now expired or you have not activated your copy of the software? If so, see: http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "sl" <sl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C58A44D-F86A-4892-8E8D-4AADCE85B489@microsoft.com... > what ...

Name work sheet
I am trying to name the only sheet in a workbook the days date. This doesn't work. I guess if it worked I wouldn't be writing this. oldjay Sub Save_File_As1() ' Dim NewShtDate As String Dim listnumber As String NewShtDate = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy") ActiveSheet.SaveAs = NewShtDate listnumber = InputBox("Please enter List number to save", "Customer's List", "Word List " & NewShtDate) List = "C:\Cora\" & listnumber & ".XLS" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=List End Sub T...

CTRL+SHIFT+) is not working in Excel 2007
Hi, I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine. When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getting hide. But when i am using CTRL+SHIFT+), my hided columns are not showing up. If there is any workaround, please let em know Hi, This hasn't changed in E2007. To Hide as you correctly say hold CTRL and tap 0 To unhide you have to select the columns either side of the hidden column(s) then CTRL+Shift +0 Mike "Nagender Rathi" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine. > > When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getti...

where do photos come from?
There are some really neat photos in the online clip art. where do these photos come from? Cameras. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "lulabelle720" <lulabelle720@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA0FB14D-6609-4099-A1B9-902EE154D097@microsoft.com... > There are some really neat photos in the online clip art. where do these > photos come from? On the right pane on the ClipArt site there is a partial list of providers. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "l...

Windows activation message keeps coming up
Hi, A bit of advice really, I have not added or taken away anything on my system but since yesterday each time I start the PC I get the message saying I need to activate Windows. I am running Windows XP home. I don't know if this is a genuine message or if I have had some virus at some time, I have run scans for virus and malware and such but nothing found. Any help much appreciated. Gerald Interesting reading. <http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.htm> Phone activation is used to get a local phone number to call and get Vista activated by phone. For more informati...

sauheungcarmenc@yahoo.com.hk