Form Details In CRM 3.0

Hi All,

where does the form information is stored in crm 3.0.
Also when we create attributes for entities we give a moer meaningful
display name, scheam name and description to the attaributes that we add. i
serached the meta database for attribute display names but i couldn't find
this. can anyone tell me where i can find them?.

thanks,
Charith
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The values for a form field are stored in the yourcompanyname_MSCRM
SQL Server database.  These values are often spread across several
tables.   The tables are usually named after the entity they store,
and those that end with the word "base" contain most of the native CRM
fields while the tables that end in "ext" contain custom field values
that you created.  Many of these tables have secondary key
dependancies on other tables, and the key used is often a GUID value.
Because of this, it isn't advisable to manually manipulate these
records as much of the CRM API can do the same job while ensuring a
high level of data integrity.

The values of droplist enteries, some lookups, and field defenitions
are stored in the yourcompanyname_METABASE SQL Server database.

The forms themselves are defined in several places such as java script
libraries, cascading style sheets,  code-behinds, schemas, and even in
the METABASE.  These can all be found in the CRMWeb folder of your CRM
installation (spread across the various subfolders in this
directory).  There is no one all encompasing piece of code for a
particular CRM screen - screens are usally dynamically built from all
of these elements when they are called.  It is possible to modify some
of these, however, the modifications have to conform to various schema
descriptions that check the validitiy of a particular component.

0
Andy
8/2/2007 6:58:59 PM
Thanks for the reply andy.
i dont need to change anything in CRM databases. i just need to find where
the database keeps the display names. i know that organization_metadatabase
has an entity named attribut where you can find all the attributes of the
entities. but i was not able to find the display name of the attributes
there. thats what i wanted to know. i want to export these information to
another database, hence i'd like to get the display names as well.

thanks.

On Aug 2, 11:28 pm, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply andy.
> i dont need to change anything in CRM databases. i just need to find where
> the database keeps the display names. i know that organization_metadatabase
> has an entity named attribut where you can find all the attributes of the
> entities. but i was not able to find the display name of the attributes
> there. thats what i wanted to know. i want to export these information to
> another database, hence i'd like to get the display names as well.
>
> thanks.
>

> "Andy" wrote:
> > The values for a form field are stored in the yourcompanyname_MSCRM
> > SQL Server database.  These values are often spread across several
> > tables.   The tables are usually named after the entity they store,
> > and those that end with the word "base" contain most of the native CRM
> > fields while the tables that end in "ext" contain custom field values
> > that you created.  Many of these tables have secondary key
> > dependancies on other tables, and the key used is often a GUID value.
> > Because of this, it isn't advisable to manually manipulate these
> > records as much of the CRM API can do the same job while ensuring a
> > high level of data integrity.
>
> > The values of droplist enteries, some lookups, and field defenitions
> > are stored in the yourcompanyname_METABASE SQL Server database.
>
> > The forms themselves are defined in several places such as java script
> > libraries, cascading style sheets,  code-behinds, schemas, and even in
> > the METABASE.  These can all be found in the CRMWeb folder of your CRM
> > installation (spread across the various subfolders in this
> > directory).  There is no one all encompasing piece of code for a
> > particular CRM screen - screens are usally dynamically built from all
> > of these elements when they are called.  It is possible to modify some
> > of these, however, the modifications have to conform to various schema
> > descriptions that check the validitiy of a particular component.- Hide quoted text -

I think you are looking for the "StringMap" table.  It's in your CRM
database, not the Metabase but it joins on the object type code...
Here's an example you can use, replaced the incidentresolution with
the entity schema name and update the sql script with your correct db
info.

declare @EntityName varchar(100)
set @EntityName = 'IncidentResolution'
select s.* from <<yourCRMdatabase>>..stringmap s
where s.objecttypecode in
(select objecttypecode from <<yourCRMMETABASEdatabase>>..entity where
name = @EntityName)

www.easiintl.com

0
Scott
8/3/2007 11:55:17 AM
Hi Scott,
Thanks for answering. this is what want to know.
when we create any attribute we give them a display name and then CRM
automatically adds the schema name by looking at the display name we have
given. we can find the scema name in meta database Attribute table. i want to
find out the display name as it's more user friendly.

i have not been able to find out yet about this. would greatly appreciate if
any one could assit me on this.

BTW i know that string map table contains all the picklist, status and state
code values.

thanks.

"Scott Moore: JourneyTEAM - EASI" wrote:

> On Aug 2, 11:28 pm, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply andy.
> > i dont need to change anything in CRM databases. i just need to find where
> > the database keeps the display names. i know that organization_metadatabase
> > has an entity named attribut where you can find all the attributes of the
> > entities. but i was not able to find the display name of the attributes
> > there. thats what i wanted to know. i want to export these information to
> > another database, hence i'd like to get the display names as well.
> >
> > thanks.
> >

> > "Andy" wrote:
> > > The values for a form field are stored in the yourcompanyname_MSCRM
> > > SQL Server database.  These values are often spread across several
> > > tables.   The tables are usually named after the entity they store,
> > > and those that end with the word "base" contain most of the native CRM
> > > fields while the tables that end in "ext" contain custom field values
> > > that you created.  Many of these tables have secondary key
> > > dependancies on other tables, and the key used is often a GUID value.
> > > Because of this, it isn't advisable to manually manipulate these
> > > records as much of the CRM API can do the same job while ensuring a
> > > high level of data integrity.
> >
> > > The values of droplist enteries, some lookups, and field defenitions
> > > are stored in the yourcompanyname_METABASE SQL Server database.
> >
> > > The forms themselves are defined in several places such as java script
> > > libraries, cascading style sheets,  code-behinds, schemas, and even in
> > > the METABASE.  These can all be found in the CRMWeb folder of your CRM
> > > installation (spread across the various subfolders in this
> > > directory).  There is no one all encompasing piece of code for a
> > > particular CRM screen - screens are usally dynamically built from all
> > > of these elements when they are called.  It is possible to modify some
> > > of these, however, the modifications have to conform to various schema
> > > descriptions that check the validitiy of a particular component.- Hide quoted text -

> I think you are looking for the "StringMap" table.  It's in your CRM
> database, not the Metabase but it joins on the object type code...
> Here's an example you can use, replaced the incidentresolution with
> the entity schema name and update the sql script with your correct db
> info.
>
> declare @EntityName varchar(100)
> set @EntityName = 'IncidentResolution'
> select s.* from <<yourCRMdatabase>>..stringmap s
> where s.objecttypecode in
> (select objecttypecode from <<yourCRMMETABASEdatabase>>..entity where
> name = @EntityName)
>

> www.easiintl.com

This information is stored in the OrganizationUiBase table, but it's
contained in xml strings. If you don't have to access the database directly,
you should use the metadata service to retrieve the information.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
The JavaScript Snippets Directory:
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

"Charith" <Charith@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Scott,
> Thanks for answering. this is what want to know.
> when we create any attribute we give them a display name and then CRM
> automatically adds the schema name by looking at the display name we have
> given. we can find the scema name in meta database Attribute table. i want
> find out the display name as it's more user friendly.
>
> i have not been able to find out yet about this. would greatly appreciate
> if
> any one could assit me on this.
>
> BTW i know that string map table contains all the picklist, status and
> state
> code values.
>
> thanks.
>
> "Scott Moore: JourneyTEAM - EASI" wrote:
>
>> On Aug 2, 11:28 pm, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> > Thanks for the reply andy.
>> > i dont need to change anything in CRM databases. i just need to find
>> > where
>> > the database keeps the display names. i know that
>> > organization_metadatabase
>> > has an entity named attribut where you can find all the attributes of
>> > the
>> > entities. but i was not able to find the display name of the attributes
>> > there. thats what i wanted to know. i want to export these information
>> > another database, hence i'd like to get the display names as well.
>> >
>> > thanks.

>> I think you are looking for the "StringMap" table.  It's in your CRM
>> database, not the Metabase but it joins on the object type code...
>> Here's an example you can use, replaced the incidentresolution with
>> the entity schema name and update the sql script with your correct db
>> info.
>>
>> declare @EntityName varchar(100)
>> set @EntityName = 'IncidentResolution'
>> select s.* from <<yourCRMdatabase>>..stringmap s
>> where s.objecttypecode in
>> (select objecttypecode from <<yourCRMMETABASEdatabase>>..entity where
>> name = @EntityName)
>>

>> www.easiintl.com

0
Michael
8/3/2007 12:53:31 PM
Thanks a lot Michale.
I will check this out.

Charith..

"Michael Höhne" wrote:

> This information is stored in the OrganizationUiBase table, but it's
> contained in xml strings. If you don't have to access the database directly,
> you should use the metadata service to retrieve the information.
>
> --
> Michael Höhne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
> Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
> The JavaScript Snippets Directory:
> http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

> "Charith" <Charith@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi Scott,
> > Thanks for answering. this is what want to know.
> > when we create any attribute we give them a display name and then CRM
> > automatically adds the schema name by looking at the display name we have
> > given. we can find the scema name in meta database Attribute table. i want
> > find out the display name as it's more user friendly.
> >
> > i have not been able to find out yet about this. would greatly appreciate
> > if
> > any one could assit me on this.
> >
> > BTW i know that string map table contains all the picklist, status and
> > state
> > code values.
> >
> > thanks.

> >> I think you are looking for the "StringMap" table.  It's in your CRM
> >> database, not the Metabase but it joins on the object type code...
> >> Here's an example you can use, replaced the incidentresolution with
> >> the entity schema name and update the sql script with your correct db
> >> info.
> >>
> >> declare @EntityName varchar(100)
> >> set @EntityName = 'IncidentResolution'
> >> select s.* from <<yourCRMdatabase>>..stringmap s
> >> where s.objecttypecode in
> >> (select objecttypecode from <<yourCRMMETABASEdatabase>>..entity where
> >> name = @EntityName)
> >>

> >> www.easiintl.com

Convert old publisher 2.0 file for Publisher 2000 and beyond
I created a text/graphic book in old publisher 2.0. Never progressed through later versions and Publisher 2000 won't open. Any ideas? The good news is I found 2.0 in the attic and installed her and she runs fine under XP. Everything I put in my attic melts... I did find an old AppleII+ banking program that booted right up. It has been the attic for years, it isn't 2000 compliant however. Can you open the file in 2.0? Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and Office Plug in, then try again. If you still can't open the file send the file to me and I will convert it fo...

CRM onstand alone PC
Can CRM be run on a stand alone PC? I need to do some testing but do not have a server setup If you have a PC capable of running SQL server properly and IIS and ideally SSRS then you can possibly get this to work. Seriously, if all you are doing is testing then either set up the PC with a server OS from scratch or use a virtual machine - performance in a VPC might suck but for testing it might be good enough., Alternatively you could sign up for CRM Live - I have a feeling there's a free trial period available (possibly subject to where you are). Hope this helps Adam Alan wrot...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart #3
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you ...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Activity workflow in CRM 3.0
Is it possible to create a workflow rule to email me when a task activity becomes older than 2 weeks ? I only want alerts for tasks regarding cases with a subject "Claims" Thanks Marc ...

Please Help
I have to use a port other than 80 (incoming). When i make the change to another port (99) in IIS, I get an erro message when I try to email thru MSCRM. What have I missed changing? Please help. Thanks Perhaps when you specify your crm server when installing the router, you need to specify the port? http://crm:80 (or something like that) BK "Raymond Medon" <ray.medon@verizon.net> wrote in message news:0c9401c39836$a64b3b30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have to use a port other than 80 (incoming). When i make > the change to another port (99) in IIS, I get an erro > m...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

How do I switch from 1,2,3... back to A,B,C... column reference na
I noticed in Excel 2003 both the rows and columns are numbered. As far creating and maintaining Excel formulas, I'd prefer the previous column labeling. Does anyone know how to switch back to the A,B,C labeling once a file has been saved and updated to the latest version of Excel? C, tools, options, general, uncheck R1C1 ref. style -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "C. White" <C. White@discussions.mi...

CRM Licences #2
Hi, It has become apparent since installing CRM 4 that we also need CRM 3 due to some of the systems that we have integrating with it and the need for mobile users to be able to access the system from a PDA. I have used a seperate server and installed CRM 3 and used a 10 user licence. I need to add more licences to the server so my question is how do I do that, where do I get licences from and what type of licences do they need to be? Sorry that was 3 questions. Thanks in advance Contact Microsoft Volume Licensing. You can probably purchase a ver 4 CAL and recieve a Ver 3 along w...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

CRM release date
Hi there, would you please help me know th release date for MSCRM version 1.2? -- Regards, Marwa Hi Marwa, 1.2 has been available for some time - it is the current release. Ian "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D0959E2-8BF9-4F64-9B7D-B0FD00C0D98C@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > would you please help me know th release date for MSCRM version 1.2? > -- > Regards, > Marwa > Thank you for your reply, but i want to know the exact date, when it is launched ? -- Regards, Marwa "marwa" wrote: > Hi there,...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Outlook 2003 password #3
Hi, I have Windows XP and outlook 2003 that I just installed from the previous 2000 version. I get asked for my email password after every 2 or 3 hours that my outlook is open. I have to close the password box and press send and receive and outlook works again. I have no idea how to fix this annoying problem. Any help is appreciated.... Thanks, Angel ...

Ac97 and SQL 7.0
We use Ac97 and SQL 7, can I use AccessXXXX ???? to access the same database? Thanks If you mean 'are later versions of Access still compatible with SQL Server 7?', the answer is 'yes'. -- Brendan Reynolds "BrianMultiLanguage" <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65D7B619-E2BC-4789-A6B0-75A71EC05691@microsoft.com... > We use Ac97 and SQL 7, can I use AccessXXXX ???? to access the same > database? > Thanks No I mean, Can I use AccessXXXX ???? to access the same database? "Brendan Reynolds" wrote: &g...