Forcing SFO in Offline

Is there a Reg Key that tells Outlook that CRM is offline. I am trying
to start outlook with CRM in Offline Mode.
I am having some problems getting it to go offline

Thanks

0
InFiNiTeX
5/21/2007 7:50:57 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\RCOffline
If this is set to 1 you are offline

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"InFiNiTeX" <jklaws@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a Reg Key that tells Outlook that CRM is offline. I am trying
> to start outlook with CRM in Offline Mode.
> I am having some problems getting it to go offline
>
> Thanks

0
John
5/21/2007 9:56:13 PM
On May 21, 5:56 pm, "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsult...@nospam-
hotmail.com-nospam> wrote:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\RCOffline
> If this is set to 1 you are offline
>
> ==============================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVPhttp://www.crowecrm.com
>
> "InFiNiTeX" <jkl...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Is there a Reg Key that tells Outlook that CRM is offline. I am trying
> > to start outlook with CRM in Offline Mode.
> > I am having some problems getting it to go offline
>
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks

0
InFiNiTeX

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

db size after offline defragmentation
My exchange db showed a size of 70G. After defrag it was 47G but when I had the size of the users email account added up it came up around 24G. Not sure what this means. Is it possible that mail being deleted is being kept somewhere. Shouldn't the online defragmentation clean this up nightly to allow free space? I have the deleted items and mailboxes set to 0 in the private information store. Any help would be appreciated On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:18:33 -0400, "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote: >My exchange db showed a size of 70G. After defrag it was 47G ...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

Outlook Offline Use of CRM Address Book
I am using the CRM Outlook client and have created a CRM Contact. I have confirmed the CRM Contact appears in: a) my Outlook Contacts, b) my CRM Contacts, and c) the CRM Address Book. I then take the CRM Outlook client Offline, close Outlook, and disconnect from my network. Upon reopening Outlook, the CRM Address Book is empty (but the GAL is still populated). Why is the CRM Address Book empty? Doesn't it get cached like the rest of the CRM Contacts? -- David David, It should be available offline. I would take a look at the following blog post about the CRM address book: htt...

force

SFO client proxy issues...custom pages not displaying
Our CRM installation includes a couple of custom tools...one is an in-house application and the other is a set of tools from C360 (account summary, multi-field search, etc). 99% of the time, no one has any issues with these tools and they work well. However, we have a few users who have been getting some strange errors while running the SFO client. When they open an account and try to use any custom tool, Outlook will either lock up (10% of the time) or they will get a "page cannot be displayed" error (90% of the time). The default activity/contact/task tabs will still wor...

Forcing an account
Hi All Is there anyway to get Outlook 2002 and/or 2003 to force to use a certain mail account for certain contacts? For example for contact A, B and C I want to always send new messages, replies and forwards via mail account 1 and for contact D, E and F I want to do the same using mail account 2. I don't want this to deviate even if one of these contacts has sent an email to an alternate mail account. Even though I set my main account as the default, when certain emails come in on my other accounts I can't force my replies or forwards to go to a certain account. Are there any hidd...

Force PasteSpecialValues in Excel 2007
There was a very nice piece of code written by Aaron Bush (Oorang on MrExcel) in 2007 which disabled cut and copy execution in excel, forcing the copy to copy only values but maintaining the ability to undo (http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=957). Unfortunately, this code fails in several ways in Excel 2007. 1/ It does not disable ribbon cut/copy/paste features 2/ Paste still functions normally when using <enter> to paste the previously copied cell 3/ If you are copying from a locked cell in a protected sheet, the code generates a 1004 error (though the p...

Forcing an ActiveX control to serialize it's properties.
Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:OqS15%23p3DHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? > > Kurt > > Kurt, Try getting a pointer to the IPersistStorage interface via QueryInterface. Then call the method IPersistStorage::Save which needs an IStorage* to specify where the properties will be saved to. ...

Permissions error when offline
Hello - I have a user who when he goes offline with his CRM data he cannot access some parts of the CRM system. So he has all of his Contacts, Accounts, Leads, Opportunities, etc. synced. When he is offline, he can go into Contacts and Leads no problem. When he goes into Accounts or Opportunities, he gets an error that states, the 'the user either does not have access or does not have permissions'. This user does have permissions/security to these areas. He can view them just fine when working online. Any ideas? I'm having the same issue with one user. Has anyone fou...

make 'work offline' default setting
howdy folks, I have Money 2006 and I let my online subscription lapse. I would like to, somehow, be able to set the 'work offline' checkbox as a default setting. Is there a way to do this? I can't find a preference for it, and I've had no luck finding a registry entry that might do it. Any help would be appreciated! thanks! pat ...

POS2009 Offline Service Unable to install
Hi, I have a MS POS 2009, using a register and a main computer where the database reside. I can connect the register to the main database with no problems. On the main computer, I activated the offline database. However when I run the offline wizard on the register, I keep getting the following error message: unable to install the Offline service. I even tried using installutil to install but it tells me it can not install. Please help Thanks in advance for any and all assistance in advance ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------...

How force table update when no bound field updated?
I have a main form with a 'Balance Due' field. There are two balance due controls, one unbound (displayed) and one bound (hidden). I also have a subform which is a continuous form containing payment data. When payment details are entered or changed, the balance due on the main form and in the bound table needs to be updated. The total of payments is summed in the subform footer and the balance due (unbound control) refers to this subform total. In main Form BeforeUpdate, I copy the unbound balance due to the bound balance due. The problem is that when only payment data is...

Force Secure
Is there any way to force the system to secure itself after a cashier uses the time clock? Great Question. But No. "Scott S" wrote: > Is there any way to force the system to secure itself after a cashier uses > the time clock? > > > ...

Sending mail in outlook while connected to the offline exchange server
I am a mobile user who has Outlook set up to the corporate Exchange server. Everything is going fine while I am at office, but I'm in serious trouble once I leave the office. I have set up few Internet mail accounts, which are connected, to the different ISP. Once I try to send a new mail, I cannot choose from the list of available SMTP servers and Outlook still tries to send it through the Exchange (which is now offline!). How can I resolve this problem? ...

Force combo box selection before moving off field
I've searched through the group but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Using 2000 ... I have a combo box on a form. The row source is a simple query. The control source is a long integer (link to an autonumber). Form is based on a table. I don't want the user to be able to move off the CB (combo box) unless they select something from the list (or type in a new item). I've tried making the control source required in the table. This won't let them move off the RECORD until they do something in the CB. I want them stopped at the CB. I set up...

outlook offline cache mode
How can I enable the local offline cache in Outlook 2007 after clients have already installed Outlook. Can it be done via registry or script ? In the past I have also used the maintenance wizard with office 2003, I am not sure if something similar exists with office 2007. Cheers, See if this help: http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/c6f4cad9-c918-420e-bab3-8b49e18850341033.mspx?mfr=true I didn't see specific settings listed in the article, but it might get you close enough to figure it out. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandsch...

If CRM is offline Outlook freeze with each input of Data
Hello, I have the following problem. I work with the laptop client 3.0. If CRM is online everything looks right, but if the connection to CRM is offline Outlook freeze with each input of data. Then I have to shut down the task. This problem arises in similar way with two Clients. The other laptop clients and the desktop clients are ok... I 've deactivated the synch but nothing change. No other AddIns are installed. The Laptops has 1024 MB RAM.. Any ideas? Greetings, Stefan ...

Creating an event by force.
Hello, I want to create an event by force. How can I do that ? (for example : ToolStrip.ItemClicked event) Thanks :) To the dark side this path leads. Explain your request you should. Yoda On 6/10/2010 6:06 PM, Mr. X. wrote: > Hello, > I want to create an event by force. > How can I do that ? > > (for example : ToolStrip.ItemClicked event) > > Thanks :) Do you mean SomeToolstrip.Items (0).PerformClick()? -- Mike Thanks, specific, this help. I need more generic solution (I would like to do any event, not only the PerformClick event). ...

Possible to force output format of empty elements?
I have built a small integration app using VS .NET 2003 that extracts orderinformation from a 'webshop'. Extracting the orderinformation works fine. Appending the order elements in the XmlDocument was also done in a jiffy. The final step is to save the document to disk and then ship it to another system using ftp. The xml orderfile produced must fit a set specification of the recieving system. That specification states that empty elements must be formated in one line using a long format for empty elements. It should look like this: <address1></address1> And not like...

Excel SaveAs to force overwrite of extant file
I'm using Excel 2007 in 2003 compatibility mode. I have a VBA macro that saves a dynamic file name using SaveAs, but the file name may or may not already exist. I wish to force the SaveAs command to overwrite any pre-existing file automatically (without user intervention to confirm that I wish to overwrite the extant file). I'm sure I could do this in Excel 2003 but can I do it in Excel 2007 and in compatibility mode? Wrap your code in Application.DisplayAlerts = False your save code Application.DisplayAlerts = True Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri,...

Forced quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.1 (Puma) Processor: Intel Frequently excel freezes and I must use force quit. The message is displayed that auto recover could no longer save my information. Having to force quit frequently is very annoying. I would be willing to turn off autosave if this would solve the problem. Are there other solutions? What should I do? ...