Firstname Lastname, Users

Hi,

we have a problem with CRM 4.0
Some useres are listed with "firstname lastename" other with "lastname,
firstname" Is there any way to correct this?

Thanks for your help,

Heiko Kaiser

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You probably changed your setting sometime after it went into production. CRM
uses the setting to populate a field. You can update the SQL field with a
query very quickly but it is not supported.

Gary Herbstman
http://bytesolutions.com

"Heiko Kaiser" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have a problem with CRM 4.0
> Some useres are listed with "firstname lastename" other with "lastname,
> firstname" Is there any way to correct this?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Heiko Kaiser
>
> .

0
GaryH502 (12)
1/6/2010 8:49:01 PM
Depending on how many users you have, it might be a simple case of
making some other trivial change to each user and resaving them (eg
editing a field which you are not using - possibly some phone number or
the manager / assistant fields for example.
This certainy works if you change the stored name format for contacts,
but I have not tried it for users (and I am not in front of my system to
text right now), so "your mileage may vary".

Hope this helps
Adam

Gary H wrote:
> You probably changed your setting sometime after it went into production. CRM
> uses the setting to populate a field. You can update the SQL field with a
> query very quickly but it is not supported.
>
> Gary Herbstman
> http://bytesolutions.com
>

> "Heiko Kaiser" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we have a problem with CRM 4.0
>> Some useres are listed with "firstname lastename" other with "lastname,
>> firstname" Is there any way to correct this?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>>
>> Heiko Kaiser
>>
>> .

0
nospam966 (79)
1/7/2010 11:21:12 AM
Thanks a lot,

it works. I edited the username and i got the new format.

"AdamV" <nospam@meteorit.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Depending on how many users you have, it might be a simple case of making
> some other trivial change to each user and resaving them (eg editing a
> field which you are not using - possibly some phone number or the manager
> / assistant fields for example.
> This certainy works if you change the stored name format for contacts, but
> I have not tried it for users (and I am not in front of my system to text
> right now), so "your mileage may vary".
>
> Hope this helps
> Adam
>
> Gary H wrote:
>> You probably changed your setting sometime after it went into production.
>> CRM uses the setting to populate a field. You can update the SQL field
>> with a query very quickly but it is not supported.
>>
>> Gary Herbstman
>> http://bytesolutions.com
>>

>> "Heiko Kaiser" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we have a problem with CRM 4.0
>>> Some useres are listed with "firstname lastename" other with "lastname,
>>> firstname" Is there any way to correct this?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help,
>>>
>>> Heiko Kaiser
>>> .

Outlook Task User-Defined Columns
I have shared my Task list with my paralegal and receptionist, but they are not seeing my user-defined columns that I want displayed for this particular task list. Can I get them to show up just as they are on mine without having to recreate each column individually? Create a custom view and assign it as the default view for the tasks folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a ...

Other users folder
When you go to file and open and then select other users folder to open, how do you then clear that users name out fromt he drop down menu after that? The eassiest way to do this is by opening a lot of other folders ;-) Recreating the mail profile also does the trick. The entries are stored in the registry but that key hasn't been designed for manual editing and you could easily end up corruping your mail profile. Anyway; the key is located here; [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] w...

Address Book: FirstName LastName 2 LastName FirstName
Outlook 2003 When my Address Book displays, the names are listed in alpha order accourding to first names. How do I get it to display in alpha order by last names? Thanks Ken Ken Isaacson wrote: > Outlook 2003 > > When my Address Book displays, the names are listed in alpha order > accourding to first names. How do I get it to display in alpha order > by last names? > > Thanks > Ken Tools, e-mail accounts, view or change existing directories or address books <next>, select Outlook Address Book, press Change, and click "file as" in "show name...

How do I default a report to the current user? Need Help...
How do I default a report to the current user? I am not able to use the CRMAF pre fitlering because the report is being used a dashboard? The report runs fine in Visual Studio 2005, and the Report Manager (http://Reports/Reports) URL but fails for the Report Server URL (http://CRM/Reportserver)? ...

Unable to login as any users with the exception of "SA"(Enterprise #2
Hello, I cannot login as any users accept with the exception of "sa". We just installed GP 7.0 enterprise on a windows 2003 server and everything appears to be running fine. As the SA login, Im accessing all the normal GL, AP, Purchasing screens fine. I created multiplie users within GP and that worked fine as well. When I sucessfully installed the client on client PCs, I do not see the GP server under anything except for SA. I can ping it fine but cannot see the servers under any login. Please help!?! Thank you in advance. David ...

Locking users from Deleting any contacts
I am looking for a solution to lock only users with suite licenses to delete contact and records withing the CRM system. You can specify a different role for those users which has no delete contact permissions. Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "KMD" wrote: > I am looking for a solution to lock only users with suite licenses to delete > contact and records withing the CRM system. ...

Migrating Users to New Exchange 2003 Server
Is there a way to change which server that Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 looks at wihtout having to redo their profiles?? We have an Exchange 2000 server, E2K, and we are migrating some users, not all, to a new server that is coexisting, E2K3. I want to be able to move groups of users without having to go to their desktops and reconfigure Outlook. Thanks in advance, Russell ...

User message when check out forced
Using WSS 3, I have several document libraries where I have used the settings to force check out. This works fine when users follow the correct process and choose Edit document. However, most often (and no matter how many times I tell them! they just click the hyperlink to open the document. For some users this throws up a message asking if they want to check out or read only which is great but others it just opens the documenet in read only, they work on it and then Save As (using Office 2003) so my Version History is not updated. Any idea what kicks off the message on some PC&#...

Deleting Users from PDK
When deleting a user from Personal Data Keeper (PDK), does anyone know what happens to that employee's history? Say, for example, could you still bring up old timesheets? Jason, Deleting a user from PDK does not remove the information from Project Accounting or Payroll in GP. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "jasonr@lsc" wrote: > When deleting a user from Personal Data Keeper (PDK), does anyone know what > happens to that employee's history? Say, for example, could you still ...

Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'HEMPC\ASPNET'
Hello! I have made my problem clearer because I have added more information that might help to solve my silly problem that cause Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'HEMPC\ASPNET'. I hope somebody can explain the question at the bottom after reading this text I have four items that is interest here. ASPNETDB.MDF(This database is generated automatically by the ASP.NET web Site Administation Tool) CustomerData web.config The well known Northwind database TEST NUMBER 1 using the Northwind database running from VisualStudio I us...

Rules for different smtp addresses for 1 user.
In exchange my user account is set-up with 2 smtp addresses. 1) Erik@mycompany.com and 2) jreed@mycompany.com (this is the primary SMTP address) so any email sent to those 2 addresses comes to my inbox. I tried to create a rule in outlook XP to place the email to erik@mycompany.com into a seperate folder. Turns out that this can not be done! OUCH! it appears all incoming mail is translated to the local account name and the smtp address is not referenced at all???? I do not want to have to create a seperate user and maintain 2 different mailboxes. I have to be missing how to do thi...

Old users still receiving e-mail
Ok so several months ago I made the move from Exchange 5.5 (on a glorified workstation w/ Win NT) to Exchange 2K3 on a poweredge 2600 running Server 2K3. The old 5.5 server had so many problems that I didn't want to migrate. So I set up each mailbox and public folder by hand. I then exmerged the mail from the old box to the new one. So everything is running fine and other than the mail itself there is seemingly no connection between the old server and the new one. However I am still receiving mail from old users that no longer work here and I did not set up on my current serv...

Money Plus not activated for just one Vista user
I posted a message over two hours ago and it never appeared. Sorry if this turns out to be a duplicate. I recently installed and activated Money Plus Deluxe after using the demo. The problem is that when I run it under my normal, restricted Vista account the program reports that it needs to be activated. I reactivate the program under that account and am told that it was successful, but the next time I start the program it reports that it needs to be activated again. The problem does not occur for other accounts on the computer. It only happens on the one Vista account that I actu...

Outlook 2003 AutoComplete Firstname.Lastname doesn't remember
All, We've just switched our username conventions to Firstname.Lastname@domain.com, but for whatever reason Outlook 2003 will not AutoComplete these new email addresses even after you've sent email to a certain receipent. For whatever reason it doesn't enter this info into the .nk2 files for future autocompletes. Anybody having this issue too? We are in a w2003 server envorioment running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. This is happening to over 10,000 Outlook Clients. Thanks! jwhiteuwc <jwhiteuwc@gmail.com> wrote: > We've just switched our username convention...

Address Book / Contacts
A customer with Outlook 2003 is reporting that some of his Address Book entries are listed as Firstname Surname, even though he has configured Address Book to display all entries as Surname, Firstname. I've checked and Address Book's "File As" field for an affected entry is configured as Surname, Firstname. However the name is still displayed in the list of contacts as Firstname Surname, though alphabetically sorted by surname. The majority of names are displayed as Surname, Firstname. If the person is chosen as the "To" for an email, it is displayed as Surn...

Tasks sync error when Outlook user sends email with task to EWS user
I'm using Entourage Web Services. Whenever an Outlook user assigns me a task, I get an email message in my inbox but I cannot "accept" the task in Entourage (as I could a meeting invite). That is bad enough, but I get a yellow shield in the lower right and when I open the Error window I see a long list of sync errors (tries every 1-2 minutes) with an error of Could not synchronize record sync: Task Request: <Title> The error is -19717 I must accept the task using Outlook in order to stop the sync errors. Can someone record this error number of the error web...

Changing Registry as a Restricted user
I have a program that makes certain registry changes in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER section. The program doesnt work if the user is a restricted user (ie. guest). Is there any way to change the registry by a program running in restricted user mode? No. That's why it is called "restricted". If you don't have the privileges to change the Registry, you can't change the Registry. That's called "security". joe On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:21:50 -0800, "Joan Taylor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a program that makes certai...

Delete User from AD
Hello there! I want to know the correct procedure to avoid mistakes when a user leaves the Company. Before deleting the user from the AD, what we must do in CRM? With the "Reassign All Records" option, the substitute user will receive all old user's workflow activities too? Now that our IT has deleted the user before removing the CRM license, what can I do to give it back to someone else? Thanks Elena To correctly remove a user who has left you need to do the following 1 - find out who to transfer their crm records to 2 - transfer the users crm records to the user you foun...

Excel 2003
Hi - quick question, if you have a moment - I've got a (tall) column of names of the format: FirstName LastName I want to convert them to the format: LastName, FirstName Is this possible in Excel 2003? Thanks very much - Assume they start in A1, insert a new column B or use the one you have if it is empty, then in B1 put =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) press enter Select B1 again, move the cursor to the lower right corner of B1 and when it changes from a thick cross to a think double click and copy down the formula. S...

View List of Connected Users in Business Portal
Prior to rebooting or applying patches to Business Portal server, we need to view and see list of connected users in Business Portal so we can ensure we do not accidentally disconnect them while they are working. I understand we can view who has what databases open in SQL server hosting the Great Plains database where we can view activities. However, it would be nice to view within Business Portal server who is connected and have ability to notify those users to disconnect or that server is going offline. Thanks, Shelley ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mi...

Bulk Delete User Data
I've been trying to remove user data from a CRM 3.0 instance. Not including users, permissions, customizations etc I wrote an app to loop through all the standard entities and delete them via the webservice. This works pretty well in that all the related child entities are deleted also. The problems are, custom entities don't seem to have the same cascading delete effect. There are certain entities such as contracts that can't be deleted when they are in a certain status. Has anyone come accross this problem before? Any advice? Thanks, Hi, You can change the behaviour of ...

You guys don't have a clue what the basic user wants.
Please do some testing. Check what the average user wants. I simply wanted to add names from a received e-mail to my address book. And please don't tell me I need training. It's not even offered in the "help" menu. That's the same philosophy that led GM down it's rosy path. Or is it a thorny path? The customer is always wrong. I can't wait until a big company like IBM, HP, or some other biggy offers an alternative to MS products. Who am I to say this? A 51 year old white republican who loves it when a company slashes its way to super profits....as...

How to read other user calender in exchange.
Hi, Any one can suggest me how to read out look exchange calender of other user. regards, Pritesh File-> Open-> Other User's Folder... This of course assumes that this user has already provided you the permissions to do so. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Pritesh Patel" <Pritesh Patel@discussions.microsoft.com&...

User Control Problem
Hi, I programmed a user defined listbox. This control contains 2 user defined buttons for scrolling up/down, a standard MFC Listbox object and a scroll bar object. In the App the class for this object is registered via the RegisterWindowClass() Function. In an application the control workes fine in different modal dialogs. If this control is used in a DLL (the DLL generates a modal window) the control is working fine if the DLL is the only instance which uses the control. If the app has registered the Control class first, the control doesn't work in the DLL window. Means the control...

User still exist
Greetings All; I am running Exchange 2003. I deleted an old employee and he still seems to be there. It is funny because I have about 5 people in my organization that we they create a new calendar event and add people they get the following error. What is really funny is the ex-employee was not on the original invite and I can not find them anywhere in the system Any help would be greatly appreciated. -----Original Message----- From: System Administrator Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 10:15 AM To: Karl Petters Subject: Undeliverable: Updated: Supply Demand meeting Your message did not ...