finding training classes on CRM

Does anybody know of any class training for installing and deploying Microsoft CRM?  I've searched around and I can only find one place in Canada that does it.  Anybody know of any other classes?  Has anybody taking the eclasses offered by Microsoft?  I'd appreciate any feedback.  Thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

you know....honestly,......with this product in particular, I would suggest
that you are better off taking a good computer with decent CPU/Memory and
create a test environment for CRM. Theres simply no way any class can cover
every possible issue that comes up with installing and customizing CRM
without doing it firsthand and on your own...........

but thats just me.....

-Gary

"Andrea Worley" <k_rage@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know of any class training for installing and deploying
Microsoft CRM?  I've searched around and I can only find one place in Canada
that does it.  Anybody know of any other classes?  Has anybody taking the
eclasses offered by Microsoft?  I'd appreciate any feedback.  Thanks!

0
Gary
2/19/2004 10:43:47 PM
Thanks for your response.   I'm sure that I would do a test install, but even to get to that point I think we were trying to find some training.  Should I assume by your comments that it's not an easy process?
 I have done the e-courses. There are not bad. More valuable is the material
you get with them. But, even then, it does not get as advanced as you need
to be, but it was a good primer since I did them right at the beginning of
my CRM adventures. I would rank them as highly over priced for what you get
though.

Rick.

"Andrea Worley" <k_rage@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know of any class training for installing and deploying
Microsoft CRM?  I've searched around and I can only find one place in Canada
that does it.  Anybody know of any other classes?  Has anybody taking the
eclasses offered by Microsoft?  I'd appreciate any feedback.  Thanks!

0
Rick
2/20/2004 2:36:41 PM
MBS does offer some clases around their customer and
partner events ... like Convergence and others.  Check the
MBS website for more info.  There are some coming up too,
but many are booked, around Convergence (3/14-3/28
timeframe) in Orlando.

They even opened a new class "Troubleshooting Microsoft
CRM" that looks pretty good.

You get the same materials that are offered with the
eCourses.

The Troubleshooting Microsoft CRM class you reference just before
Convergence in Orlando is being presented by the CRM Technical Support team.
This will cover a wide range of topics from planning the installation,
installation of CRM components, troubleshooting issues once you are running
and other topics that support commonly sees in different situations.  This
class may be offered again in different locations, but that will largely
depend on attendance and feedback from participants at the pre-Convergence
session.  I've included some additional details below for those looking at
that class and wanting to see the detailed agenda.

Great news! The pre-Convergence Training and Troubleshooting courses are
available on the Convergence site at
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/convergence/training.aspx where
they can register.  This training is designed and taught by the Microsoft
Business Solutions Technical Support Teams.

"L Dienberg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MBS does offer some clases around their customer and
> partner events ... like Convergence and others.  Check the
> MBS website for more info.  There are some coming up too,
> but many are booked, around Convergence (3/14-3/28
> timeframe) in Orlando.
>
> They even opened a new class "Troubleshooting Microsoft
> CRM" that looks pretty good.
>
> You get the same materials that are offered with the
> eCourses.

0
Jeff

CRM 3 English to CRM 3 Greek
Hi! During tha last couple of months we developed our solution with the (available) English Version of CRM 3. Now the Greek version is out and we wonder about the easist path needed to migrate to the Greek language version (on the same server). Can we just export the customizations.xml and use the same databases? How can we export our data from CRM 3 en to CRM 3 gr - if this is not going to work? Thanking you in advance Dimitris You cannot use the export/import customization feature across different language versions. I am affraid that you will need to re-do all the customization...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Error while installing CRM 3.0 02-01-07
i recieve an error while installing the msxml 4.0 hotfix that comes with the CRM 3.0 installation steps , the error message was "This KB887606_42 is for a different hardware platform" and my operating system is windows 2003 x64 ...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Does any guy use MS CRM in reality life?
I am a beginner at CRM and would like to know whether this CRM deserve to be use. I have many customers using CRM in real life :-) If you are looking to implement Microsoft CRM at your company you need to do some initial work to fully understand your business needs. Only once this is completed can you determine whether Microsoft CRM is the right product for your business. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Hightide Software Company" <HightideSoftwareCompany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F95F647E-768C-4861-9053-08B67A303DBA@...

Source Browser (Derived/Base Classes and Members) in VC++.Net
This is related to Jason's question I could not find the Source Browser (Derived/Base Classes and Members) in VC++.Net VC++.6.0 has a menu for this under menu tools Anybody knows where to/how to bring this up in VC++.Net It will be disappointing if there is none no Thanks a lo Akas >It will be disappointing if there is none now Sorry - you have to be disappointed :( I believe it should be back with the Whidbey (VS2005) release. Dave Is the Source Brower (call graph) not available in VC++.Net as well -Akash ----- David Lowndes wrote: ---- >It will be disap...

CRM Environmental Diag Wizard, errors in SQL server
I am trying to trouble shoot an issue I am having with e-mail not being sent from our CRM server and I ran into another issue. I ran the CRM Environment Diag Wizard and came up with a warning that states the following. Job server_database_name_replaced.Update Contract States could not be found in the sysjobs table. I am not sure if this is something I should be concerned about, or even how to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Joe I also noticed this in the summary on the line right below the error. Job Start_Incremental on server_database_name_replaced.ftcat_d...

Find (but not find)

PDA and MS CRM
Has anyone implemented MS CRM in an environment where there would be significant via a PDA or similar device? If so, would you be willing to share how you did it. Thanks Gill We have an add-on product for Microsoft CRM that allows PDAs to access Microsoft CRM. Mobile Portal for Microsoft CRM is $199 a user and works on Palm, Pocket PC, Blackberry and Smarphone devices. More info can be found at www.dynamicmethods.net Remember this is only a read only product. I dont think u can create new sales, prospects etc.. Regards J "Gill Walker" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Finding an event

CRM Fyi...
If you can't find information in the newsgroup, try out this new website www.mscrmsuccess.com It's a cool website my friend put together so we can help each other. Thanks, David ...

How I can Get MS CRM SDK trial version
Hello I am a .Net developer , Iwant to try on CRM in MS platform , How I can get the trial version of CRM SDK Regards Emad Rangchi Emad Rangchi wrote: > Hello I am a .Net developer , Iwant to try on CRM in MS platform , How I > can get the trial version of CRM SDK > Regards > Emad Rangchi Hello Emad, The SDK is available through MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/CrmSdk/htm/default.asp?frame=true Anything you can find there! (Downloading does not make sense since the SDK is updated all the time). Success, Merijn van Mourik The CRM software is available via MSD...

Upgrading reports from CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Having spent around 10 hours trying to upgrade a custom report from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, I thought I’d post a message to share my pain and the solution! It appears that in CRM 4.0 Microsoft have made a change to the way in which the standard reports retrieve the name of the user running the report. I have been unable to find any documentation about this. If you have a custom report that is based on a standard CRM 3.0 report (i.e. it has the CRM_FullName parameter & UserInfo dataset) and upload it into CRM 4.0 then try to run it, you may get either of the following behaviours • Th...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

CRM offline client and attached documents limits
Is there a way to allow oploads but disallow downloads > 1 MB? In off-line mode I can attach a document > 1 MB but it just disappears when I go on-line. And On-line I get the message that I ame not allowed tho upload files bigger than 1 MB. Does that means that, when you reach the 2 GB limit of the MSDE database, you cannot attach documents anymore? Thanks. ...

Preparing for CRM 3.0 / Exchange
Hi, Our company recently purchased Small Business Server in order to eventually install and use Microsoft CRM. I am debating on whether or not we need to install and start using Exchange. What will we be unable to do in CRM if we decide against using Exchange? the only thing you will not be able to do is send / receive emails from and into crm. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "FREEMAN" <FREEMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25E67017-AE11-44E4-8F76-B454AB3B778D@microsoft.com......

How do I find the out of office reply?

Outlook Email window not active since CRM Upgrade
A user has noticed an irritating occurance since the CRM upgrade. He will open a CRM email in Outlook and reply this is fine, however when he goes to reply to the next email whether it be for someone whose address is in CRM or not - the cursor is not active in the email window. He then needs to click on the reply window to activate and reply. This is extremely annoying for someone who has many emails to reply to. Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this issue in a future service pack or release. An Issue has been entered in our tracking data base. -- Jason -- This post...

CRM Developer Edition?
Is there any such thing as a CRM Developer Edition? I know that there are problems using Microsoft CRM with SQL Server Developer Edition but I don't know if there is an actual CRM developer edition? Any help much appreciated. DOM No dev version: CRM Professional and CRM Small Business (for SBS). If you have an MSDN subscription you can install a 10-user evaluation copy of either version. Dave "Dom" <Dom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45E16BAC-C26B-4670-977B-355AD303A362@microsoft.com... > Is there any such thing as a CRM Developer Edition? ...