Final Problems

Alright. Getting closer and closer to the full instal of CRM onto our
network, and there are only two hurdles left.

The first error message I am getting, during the install, states "The
specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.".
The second error, agian during the install, "Setup cannot connect to
the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is
down."

Any helpful hints to get this thing fully installed?

thanks,

Chris

0
Reed
10/9/2007 9:04:42 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Chris,

I am assuming that you are installing the CRM outlook client. you
might already look into this but just wondering if the computer that
you try to install the outlook CRM client in the same network and
under the same AD as your CRM server?

Darren Liu, CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Oct 9, 4:04 pm, Reed <c.r...@schedule-masters.org> wrote:
> Alright. Getting closer and closer to the full instal of CRM onto our
> network, and there are only two hurdles left.
>
> The first error message I am getting, during the install, states "The
> specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.".
> The second error, agian during the install, "Setup cannot connect to
> the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is
> down."
>
> Any helpful hints to get this thing fully installed?
>
> thanks,
>
> Chris

0
Darren
10/9/2007 10:31:31 PM
Hi Darren,

I created a domain for the install, SCHEDULEMASTER0,
and installed CRM server onto that domain. Theoretically,
that should work, no? The Active domain shows that the
server is under there, so the CRM server in turn should be
picked up.

Anything I overlooked?

Thanks,

Chris

0
Reed
10/11/2007 1:02:26 PM
Hi Chris,

Will you able to access CRM from your web browser? not from the
server, from a client machine.

Darren Liu, CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Oct 11, 8:02 am, Reed <c.r...@schedule-masters.org> wrote:
> Hi Darren,
>
> I created a domain for the install, SCHEDULEMASTER0,
> and installed CRM server onto that domain. Theoretically,
> that should work, no? The Active domain shows that the
> server is under there, so the CRM server in turn should be
> picked up.
>
> Anything I overlooked?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

0
Darren
10/12/2007 2:02:15 AM
Darren;

Can't access the server from the workstation for some reason, giving
me a Runtime error.

Any way to resolve this?
What do I do after fixing that error?

....chris

0
Reed
10/12/2007 5:05:38 PM
Darren;

Can't access the server from the workstation for some reason, giving
me a Runtime error.

Any way to resolve this?
What do I do after fixing that error?

....chris

0
Reed
10/12/2007 5:11:25 PM
That's explains the previous issue that you are getting. You getting a
run time issue. What is the error message? Are you getting the message
in a browser? Anything in the event viewer. If you post the message,
we can help you better.

Darren Liu, CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Oct 12, 12:05 pm, Reed <c.r...@schedule-masters.org> wrote:
> Darren;
>
> Can't access the server from the workstation for some reason, giving
> me a Runtime error.
>
> Any way to resolve this?
> What do I do after fixing that error?
>
> ...chris

0
Darren
10/12/2007 11:27:17 PM
Hi Darren;

The following is the message I get for trying to use http://laurel/
(Server Name):

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the
application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons).
It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server
machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be
viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within
a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the
current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its
"mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a
custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the
application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom
error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"
defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Hope this helps any,

....chris

0
Reed
10/16/2007 1:30:17 PM
Hi Chris,

I can't tell what the error is, the previous error just a regular
error indicating that you can't see the error remotely, you need to
enable the CRM DEV error. To enable it. go to the directory that you
installed CRM on, usually is C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb. In
that folder, there should be a web.config file. Open that config file
and look for DEV Error, Change it from Off to On. Save the file.

Then do the same thing that you doing before to see what the error
message that you are getting.

BTW, is CRM the only application install on your app server? If you
install CRM and pick everything default. You CRM URL should be http://[your
server name]:5555, in your case, it would be http://laurel:5555.

Another thing is if you trying to ping your server from command prompt
by typing "ping laurel", did it give you an IP address of the server
back? If not, there's probably something wrong with your DNS server.

Also try to use the IP address to access CRM to see if you able to
access it.

Hope this helps.

Darren Liu, CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Oct 16, 8:30 am, Reed <c.r...@schedule-masters.org> wrote:
> Hi Darren;
>
> The following is the message I get for trying to usehttp://laurel/
> (Server Name):
>
> Server Error in '/' Application.
--=AD-----

> Runtime Error
> custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the
> application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons).
> It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server
> machine.
>
> Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be
> viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within
> a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the
> current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its
> "mode" attribute set to "Off".
>
> <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
>
> <configuration>
>     <system.web>
>         <customErrors mode=3D"Off"/>
>     </system.web>
> </configuration>
>
> Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a
> custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the
> application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom
> error page URL.
>
> <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
>
> <configuration>
>     <system.web>
>         <customErrors mode=3D"RemoteOnly"
> defaultRedirect=3D"mycustompage.htm"/>
>     </system.web>
> </configuration>
>
> Hope this helps any,
>
> ...chris

0
Darren
10/16/2007 3:42:02 PM
Darren;

I'm not sure if I got my posts in earlier, but this is just to make
sure that IE didn't eat them.

I don't seem to have a CRMWeb folder in the Microsoft CRM folder.
Also, my computer can ping laurel and recieve it back, so they are
able to talk to each other.

Hope this gives you more information.

....chris

0
Reed
10/16/2007 6:45:24 PM
Also,

When I ping Laurel, I do get an IP number back, but even putting that
in still leads me to the error above.

....chris

0
Reed
10/16/2007 10:38:55 PM
Darren;

My CRM folder doesn't seem to have a CRMWeb directory. Is that
something that should be in there by default?

....chris

0
Reed
10/17/2007 1:06:59 AM
Hi Chris,

Please go to the IIS, under website, how many do you see under web
sites? there should be one call Microsoft CRM. right click on the
website property. check to see where your home directory for Microsoft
CRM is. Then go to that directory, you should see the web.config file
there.

It seems like that you are having some DNS issue, not able to hit the
CRM application.

Darren Liu, CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Oct 16, 8:06 pm, Reed <c.r...@schedule-masters.org> wrote:
> Darren;
>
> My CRM folder doesn't seem to have a CRMWeb directory. Is that
> something that should be in there by default?
>
> ...chris

0
Darren
10/17/2007 3:43:21 AM
Hi Darren,

I went and did what you asked, finding the web.config file. How do I
go about changing it around to show what error I am getting? Does the
DNS need to be reconfigured?

thanks,

....Chris

0
Reed
10/18/2007 12:45:07 PM
Hi Darren,

I changed around something within the ISS, with regards to Microsoft
CRM 3.0. I have it pointing to the CRM folder in my C drive. It's now
giving me a different page and a different error, stating:
Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF
(E_UNEXPECTED))

Is this one step closer or one step back?

thanks,

....Chris

0
Reed
10/19/2007 3:50:20 PM
Hi Chris,

It seems like that you having some issues related to the connection to
the CRM 3.0. It might be related to DNS. I wish I can provide you a
solution, however I am not familiar with your environment. What my
suggestion is to try to solve the connection to CRM 3.0 server first.
It also seems like that this is only happen to a single work station.
that means it's probably nothing wrong with CRM 3.0. It's something
related to that station.

Darren Liu, CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Oct 19, 10:50 am, Reed <c.r...@schedule-masters.org> wrote:
> Hi Darren,
>
> I changed around something within the ISS, with regards to Microsoft
> CRM 3.0. I have it pointing to the CRM folder in my C drive. It's now
> giving me a different page and a different error, stating:
> Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF
> (E_UNEXPECTED))
>
> Is this one step closer or one step back?
>
> thanks,
>
> ...Chris

0
Darren

$'05 std
When trying to balance my quarterly 401K statement into $'05-STD I get an error message after the last step... "Your information is being updated. Click OK, wait a few moments, and try again. If the problem continues, close and reopen Money. If you're using MSN Money, close and reopen Internet Explorer" IE was never open, clicking "OK", re-starting $, re-booting PC, all have no effect, error still persists. any thoughts ? thx in advance, ~~Robb M05 sucks? "robb" <nobody@dot.com> wrote in message news:O3CmA8pvEHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

URGENT HELP NEEDED: resource problems
Hi, we are working on a project using MFC with visual studio 6.0 sp5 Now we have a strange phenomenon: When running our application for a while, suddenly it looks like the resources get all mixed up: - In a combo box, the dropdown arow suddenly shows the number six - The font type is different - The font size and button size increase. It is as if the whole dialog scales bigger. - Buttons with bitmaps inside suddenly don't show the bitmaps anymore. We have no idea what is going on. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance, Serge Desmedt Hello, Sounds to me like you have memor...

Shared printer problem
Hi On Windows XP SP3 via USB installed pritner HP LaserJet 1022 work perfectly printing directly from local computer. After sharing printer through a network, when users tries to print, the print job gets into queue of a local computer that has printer installed but it doesn't print it just waits there. After restarting Print Spooler service on local computer (with printer installed) it prints documents that are in a queue. But when they try to print again we have the same problem. Any ideas how to solve this? Regards,Miha Removing entirely all HP LaserJet record fr...

Mail From problem
Hello. Windows 2003 SBS. We having a problem setting up accounts. Problem is following. When we trying to send e-mail it arrives from: login <login@company.com>. We want to change it to in example: Mail from: John Smith <login@company.com> Matthew Weiss > We having a problem setting up accounts. Problem is following. When we > trying to send e-mail > On the Global Settings in ESM you will see a vast array of tickboxes. One says "preserve display name". You need to check that it's ticked accordingly. Mark. Thank you for help. It worked Matthew On ...

http over rpc problems
Hi all Have setup http over rpc and have certificate installed on the pc etc. Have setup outlook and it seems to connect fine on the LAN but when I am at a remote location all I get is the server is unavailable. Any ideas how I can check what is wrong where Cheers Glenn If you have created the cert yourself from your internal CA, then you need to install this cert on your external machines. Oliver I have sorted out a valid certificate and imported it in to the pc. If I now use owa it bypasses the certificate accept Glenn "Oliver Moazzezi" <o.moazzeziNO@SPAMfreene...

Need solution to formula problem
Help please! I have two rows of numbers with some cell that will contain 'N/A". If the top row is highest I need it highlighted yellow if it is not highest or is "N/A" the cell needs to remain with no fill. I can do a condtional formatting that works great until a cell contains the "N/A". Is there a formula that I can do in conditional formatting or some other options that will solve this problem. As suggested in your multi-post in .programming (please do not multi-post) Try this .. Select rows 1 & 2, and apply cond format Cond1's formula: =A$1=&q...

Outlook 2000 SR1 Rules problem
Hi All, I had a number of rules to check incoming messages and move them to the appropriate folders. Everything was working fine and these all fired off ok as new messages came in. I had installed Outlook as internet only since we don't have an exchange server here. Recently I started working for a client with an Exchange server and I got vpn access to their server. I thought it would be useful to connect my outlook client to their server too, so I reconfigured mail support and reinstalled for Exchange and internet accounts (i.e. Tools/Options - mail delivery tab, click on the ...

Bitmap Printing problem
I am trying to print a bitmap using CDC::StretchBlt function,The application is printing well on some systems but a blank page is getting printed on the others, where all the systems are in LAN and using the same OS(Win XP) & ServicePack 1A(version) and printer drivers(Versions Note:The same is being displayed on the window and there exists no problem. Check out the bitmap printing example in the MSDN. Printing a bitmap isn't straightforward, and in addition, not all printer drivers support bitmap printing. joe On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:16:07 -0700, "Bitmap Printing problem&quo...

Problem with Script Updating

Problem with drag&drop into a control
Hi all, i have a problem with drag&drop into Skype's control. I implemented a function to drag a file from my app and then drop it into Skype's chat window. But some controls accepted and others can't. How to allow all controls can understand. "James Duy Trinh (VietDoor)" <vietdoor@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%237HMVMFUJHA.5024@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > i have a problem with drag&drop into Skype's control. I implemented a > function to drag a file from my app and then drop it into Skype's chat > window. But ...

Problem changing wallpaper on Vista
I am trying to change the wallpaper on Vista. I have a sub that works on XP with .jpg and .bmp images... Private Sub SetActiveDesktopWallpaper(ByVal sFileName As String, ByVal lStyle As Long, ByVal fForce As Boolean) Dim ad As ActiveDesktop Dim co As COMPONENTSOPT Dim wpo As WALLPAPEROPT Set ad = New ActiveDesktop 'check if AD is enabled co.dwSize = Len(co) ad.GetDesktopItemOptions co, 0& With wpo .dwSize = Len(wpo) .dwStyle = lStyle End With With ad ' set wallpaper style... .SetWallpaperOpt...

Publisher 2000 print problem
What we see in the working document and what goes to print is different. Is there a way to enter the print preveiw document to fix it at that point. There seems to be no way to resolve this issue??? Please help if you can. ...

"name check" problem
In syncing my Treo 270 I get a new window which states that "Outlook unable to recognize (square shape- I cannot duplicate the shape of a square here???)" the sync cannot continue-HELP John ...

.copy problems
Hi - I have two identical sheets. One is for "reseting" the other after a user enters in numbers and wants to reset sheet to its original state. Sheet1 is for user entry and Sheet2 is the duplicate to copy to Sheet1. They contain only formulas and conditional formats. The button I use to run the .copy macro is on rows in Sheet1 that are not in the range of cells copied. QUESTION: Why when I run the macro several times (copying Sheet2 to Sheet1) Sheet1 operations get progressively slower to freezing the worksheet altogether. Even selecting cells refreshes the page very...

Program-Wide Web Font Problem?
Hi, I'm new to this Google Group but I've been finding lots of fixes here and they're great. So, I ran into a weird problem that I thought I might throw out to the group. Here's my problem. If you go to CRM through the web client, and go to a Contact, and then click Send Email there is a way that the app will change your font style and size AUTOMATICALLY. I have tried this on multiple computers (both servers and client machines) and the issue exists on everyone I have tried. If I could post a screenshot of the problem I would. But I'll give you the next best thing. ...

upgrade to 1.2 Crystal Reports blank password problem
When we try to change the Crystal Reports adminstrator password to blank as it says it the upgrade steps (page 325), we get a screen pop that tells us that the password has to be at least 6 charaters long. It will not accept a blank password. How are we supposed to continue the upgrade if we can't get a blank password? Does anyone out there have a fix for this, or can they explain how they continued the install if they received this error? Thanks, Juancho. hmmm,....well it worked for me, so......how are you logged into the server as? Does that account have sufficient rights ...

HELP: big problem with Excel, source cells, crashing and general madness
I have been on microsoft.public.excel.crashesgpfs but so far just the one reply (from someone who has exactly the same problem as we do and has not yet solved it either). Anyone here can help??? My boss has this massive Excel spreadsheet with a number of worksheets linked with other spreadsheets etc. He is using Excel 2000 on Office 2000. His computer was crashing with the above whenever he tried to do work on it. We bought him a brand new computer, 1 gig of RAM, 80 GB of HDD. We're a small company - a charity - so this was as powerful as we could afford. This was a week ago and it&#...

Excel problem
Okay I have a speadsheet that goes like this A b GA 76876 GA 87798 FL 56567 TN 90997 GA 78876 I need to find the total miles for GA then FL then TN. So how do I write the formula to pull the date from A and B and tell me how many mile I traveled in each state all month long? Thanks to anybody who can answer this question!! Hi =SUMIF(A1:A100,"=GA",B1:B100) Regards, Per "Jody S" <Jody S@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:F037D7AD-039A-474C-AF90-BFD3F405A160@microsoft.com... > Okay...

Problems with IDocHostUIHandler in Visual Studio 2005
My C++/MFC program (Visual Studio 6) displays an HTML page via CHtmlView. Clicks within the HTML page are notified to my C++ program by the IDocHostUIHandler and the function window.external. Usual proceeding, everthing works well. But when I compile my program with Visual Studio 2005 some items in the HTML page do not work any longer: • runtime error „’window.external’ is null or not an object“ through a click on a button • scrollbars appear again (actually suppressed by DOCHOSTUIFLAG_SCROLL_NO) • context menu (right mouse button) again activated These items are all associated with the...

Junk E-mail Problem
Hi All, Our company using Small Business Server 2003, all the user use outlook 2003. We connect email through Exchange Server. We had a big problem, my boss email usually go to junk mail at Exchange Server mail box. But not every email. We had added him to safe sender list but the problem still exist. I had checked the server but I can't find the definition of filter email. My boss is using Powerbook Macintosh and Microsoft Entourage 2004 to send email. His company email is always forward to his ISP email and he receive email from ISP pop3 account. He use ISP smtp account to send emai...

Problems with ADC synchronization #2
Our environment is NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5. Currently migrating to AD 2003 and Exchange 2003. We are using a ADC connector between the AD controller and the Exchange 5.5 server. The ADC is able to replicate some information, but not all and in some cases does not replicate a disabled mail enabled user. Even after deleting and letting replication take place does not happen for some users. We cannot attach a mailbox to those users. Those users existing 5.5 mailboxes will return an NDR from certain mailboxes trying to deliver mail. All parameters on the ADC have been checked and double che...

Problem With Port 25
Okay. I'm in the middle of setting up my server to handle OWA and have our MX records directed to my server. Before I do that, I need to make sure my interface is functioning properly. I have opened up two ports, one TCP and one SSL. I will not give them away, but I will let you know that they are above port 1024, for added security. Well, since I have done this and ran the internet connection wizard on my server, I can access everything except for the OWA; and I get the message "Action Canceled" and it tells me that the page might be temporarily unavailable. What do...

Urgent Exch2003 Queue problem
My client is running Exch 2003. I have every thing set up with defaults in place..ie no-open relay I am publishing the server smtp port with ISA server (same server) and they have lost the ability to send and recieve mail over teh web because the Queue Viewer displays about 25000 messages in the Queue watining to be delivered. There are about 100 queues open each with serveral 100 to 1000 emails... Question.... can you help me with the Queue Viewer.. am I looking at inbound or outbound messages? Is there a way to distinguish that? Does anyone have an idea why my queus are swelling out of co...

problem opening a XP Office 2002 work book with Office 2003
I keep getting an error and recovery option, when I try to open a specific workbook. When I recover it, most has been lost? Is there a problem with 2003 working with 2002? The worksheets have formula and links - all in the same workbook. Any thought? I can open most others and the reason I am thinking - there must be a syntax problem within 2003. Hi normally you should get no problems in respect to both Excel versions. Maybe the file is somehow corrupt. Try - using the repair function of Excel - try to copy the data to a new, fresh workbook -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &q...

SFO off-line problem after Redeployment
We have redeployed our CRM installation to a new server (CRM and SQL on the same server) in the same domain as before. The redeployment seems to have work allright, and everything looks as before except for the Outlook client. When we try to go off-line, we recieve "Metadata Cache Error". We have uninstalled the client and reinstalled it after redeployment. We have tried to follow the advice in other treads in this forum without any luck. In the SQL-server we get the following error details: The schema script '\\MANCRM01 \MSCRMSnapshotShare\unc\MANCRM01_Mandator_Sverige_A...