Filter contact records by customer type code in views

In version 1.2 I had set up several views  of contact records by customer
type code.  In 3.0 this field cannot be selected as filtering criteria. While
the views I had set up in 1.2 work, that cannot be changed.

Is there a reason this field is no longer avialable under 3.0?  This field
is listed attribute.  Is there a way to may it appear?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Brand
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Microsoft CRM Support maybe of help with this one, try submiting a incident
for this.

Good luck.

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
www.workopia.com

"Brand" wrote:

> In version 1.2 I had set up several views  of contact records by customer
> type code.  In 3.0 this field cannot be selected as filtering criteria. While
> the views I had set up in 1.2 work, that cannot be changed.
>
> Is there a reason this field is no longer avialable under 3.0?  This field
> is listed attribute.  Is there a way to may it appear?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> Brand
I'm having the same problem.

Did you find a solution?

Thanks
Joel

"Frank Lee" wrote:

> Microsoft CRM Support maybe of help with this one, try submiting a incident
> for this.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Frank Lee
> Workopia, Inc.
> www.workopia.com
>
> "Brand" wrote:
>
> > In version 1.2 I had set up several views  of contact records by customer
> > type code.  In 3.0 this field cannot be selected as filtering criteria. While
> > the views I had set up in 1.2 work, that cannot be changed.
> >
> > Is there a reason this field is no longer avialable under 3.0?  This field
> > is listed attribute.  Is there a way to may it appear?
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can give.
> >
> > Brand
Hey guys, any luck with this?   I have the same requirement.

Regards,
Ken Davis

0
KJD

How do I customize the context menu?
I'd like to customize the context menu in excel (ie - to add and remove commands from the "right-click" menu), but I've been unable to find out how to do this. It does not seem possible to add or remove commands from the context menu via the "Tools -> Customize" menu as the context menu is not visible there. Any information anybody has on how to do this would be must appreciated. Thanks! JJ, The commandbar is actually called "Cell". Here are two subs that show how to modify it. The first will add a smiley-faced button that calls the subroutine nam...

Organizing Contacts in Outlook 2000
I might be asking too much from Outlook but I thought I'd try. I'm a facility manager with 10 customers (schools, churches, etc.) I'm attempting to use Outlook Contacts to organize the various vendors that each one uses. So, when I enter a vendor, first I need to put them into a category (plumber, electrician, .etc) then I need to assign them to the appropriate customer. Some of my customers use the same vendors so I'd need to assign some of them to multiple customers. I'd like to be able to look up a customer and view all vendors for that customer, and I'd like...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Erased Contacts
I was just working in Outlook 2000 under the tools, services tab and accidentally removed my personal folder that contained all my contacts and emails. can this be retrieved if it hasn't been archived recently???? please help me im so screwed It was probably just closed. You need to search your computer for all .pst files (unless you know the name of the pst). Perform a FIND (click on desktop and press <F3>) (If you are using XP or W2K operating system be sure to look in hidden files) Look for *.pst Take note of where they are located. Then using the FILE menu, follow the ...

Counting occurences of codes in cells
I have a spreadsheet with various codes separated by periods, in a single cell. Like: C T C,R T,C,R R and so forth. It's easy to count the single codes but how do I cound the "C" when it's with another character? There must be a simple way, without writing code, to do this. Is there? Thanks! maybe... =countif(a1:a10,"*" & "c" & "*") or =countif(a1:a10,"*c*") or if x99 contained the letter c. =countif(a1:a10,"*" & x99 & "*") salgud wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet with various codes separa...

Employee Filters

Show Alll records Types relating to PersonID
I'm Trying to create a charge report from a tbl called tblcharges which has the following ClaimID PersonID DOSFrom DOsTo Procedure Fee BillTo which is a combo box and has a macro event which is a requery and the following sql code In this combo box patient could have 2 insurances example Medicare which is Primary And Medical which Is Secondary and this will be stored in the tblPeopleInsurance.Type Field which are P = Primary and S= Secondary. Lets Say I will select Medicare because this is the patient primary insurance. SELECT tblPeopleInsurance.GuaranterID, tblPeopleInsurance.PersonID, ...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

customize outlook
the customize outlook today feature is not working. nothing happens when i click on it. can anyone give me an idea what to do? thanks OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer james <mrmax@cableone.net> asked: | the customize outlook today feature is not working. | nothing happens when i click on it. ...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Print Customer Statement (or similar report) w/o closing billing c #2
Print Customer Statement (or similar report) w/o closing billing cycle Is there a way to print a customer statement or similar report before closing billing cycle? None of the reports available would show/print a statement. Anyideas or suggestions? Thanks In Manager go to journal menu and choose Close Billing cycle. On the screen that pops up select Reprint Customer Statement in the Option box at the top. This will allow you to print a statement by date range without closing the cycle. It will warn you that you are closing the cycle but it really isn't when you just reprint so you c...

Retrieving "old" Contacts Info
My "old" hard drive is a "slave", it originally operated on windows 98. My new operating system is xp. I cannot retrieve my contacts from my "old" outlook express (on slave drive). I'm able to locate what I believe are the outlook express files, but when opened the "old" contact information is not there. It appears to be running in the new outlook form, even though it's getting the information off my "old" drive. The information I'm trying to retrieve is/was in Outlook Express, 6 I believe. Outlook has been installed on ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Unresolved Contacts on Appointments
I am receiving strange behavior with the CRM resolving contacts for appointments. If I create an appointment and invite nobody (i.e. I am the organizer but no atendees) and then track in CRM, it works fine. Appointment goes into the CRM and I am set as the Owner and Organizer and there are no required atendees. If I create another appointment and invite 1 person who is a user (not a contact) and then track in CRM I receive an error indicating that "No resources have been selected for this activity" and asks me if i want to continue. I click yes so it pushes it into the CRM...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

how do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt for customer.
We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations. How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the customer signature? I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file related to it. We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately. I don't see any options related to turning it off. SO Manager Database/Registers/Receipt Formats Open the Receipt Format Click "Properties" for the "Sales" template There's an attribute called "Show C.C. Signature" - set that to false....

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

is there any auto-magic way to add the cc's from an email i received to my contacts? any add-ins? Thanks in advance, larry not with any feature outlook offers but there are an umber of tools you can use. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_entry.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & ...

C source code to flowchart
hi all I'm seeking for a software or Visio add-ins that read C and/or C++ source codes and automatically draw Visio flowchart of it. can anybody help me? regards herfaee visio doesn't (as far as I know) have the ability to reverse engineer flowcharts. this is a fairly common request for both c++ and vb. >-----Original Message----- >hi all > >I'm seeking for a software or Visio add-ins that read C and/or C++ source >codes and automatically draw Visio flowchart of it. >can anybody help me? > > >regards >herfaee > > >. > Just out of...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Importing Contacts linked with accounts
Hi, I do not succed in importing contacts linked with accounts. I use the bulk import wizard tool. (I have 1000 contact to import) 1/ I import first accounts (name + adresses) 2/ Then I import contacts. I try to link contacts with the account name. (parent Account field). I try to link the contact with accounts using the name of "Parent Account" name. But this fails. I cannot import anything How can I create a link between Accounts and contact with the Bulk import wizard ? Thank you for your help. Pascal One way of doing this is to try something like this: 1. Go to SQL ...

Error: "customizing security roles" while installing CRM SBE on SB
Just wanted to make sure this could be found in the newsgroup... There is a known bug when installing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Small Business on Microsoft Small Business Server R2 Premium (whcih ships with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup) when SP2 of SQL Server 2005 is applied. Symptoms: Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://Servername/reportserver. Error: The feature: “Customizing security roles” is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. The knowledge base reference can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb...

How do I get an activation code for Microsoft office (Student fre
I have tried repeatedly to find the activation code for the free student version of microsoft office?? -- sirteped nod "sirteped" <sirteped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8916B043-BEA4-434A-BF11-0C983BB3A80C@microsoft.com... > I have tried repeatedly to find the activation code for the free student > version of microsoft office?? > -- > sirteped nod There is no FREE Student version of Office. All that work for longer than a short time you have to pay for. There is a 60 day trial that you can download and when you do that th...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...