file share access to w2k8 host needed from image

hi,

i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured
by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image.

when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as
following: "the network path was not found".

please note:
- either image client can access shares on different computers
- i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one)
using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$"
- stop ipsec on host does not change anything

so the problem probably has to do with some firewall settings on the host.
any ideas what i have to enable?

thanks in advance, fritz

--
Fritz Theiss

0
fritz1 (8)
6/25/2008 11:02:39 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

saving publisher file to PDF file format #2
after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and send by email to a publishing house "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87A433B3-6EA5-439E-806D-74C985EA24DC@microsoft.com... > after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and > send > by email to a publishing house If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader), download either of these: http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com ...

How do I automatically prompt to file a sent message?
As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send and file an email in "one" step. In Outlook the default is to file the sent item in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides. I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent message to come up automatically when I send an email. Any ideas? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm for sample VBA code to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

Access 2000 on Vista 08-20-07
Hi, Just bought new laptop with Vista Home Premium and have installed Office 2000. Access gives VirtualBasic Compilation error - "cant find project or library" when trying to resolve references. Tools/references is greyed out Is there anything that can be done to rectify this problem (e.g.copy across the reference (.dll?) files from WIN XPPro where everything works fine), or is it a basic unresolvable office2000/Vista incompatibility? Thanks in advance Hugh thanks Tom - apologies for duplicate posting - did the 2nd one via M/S web communities without relising it was the s...

Migrating Office X files to Windows SBS 2k3
I have a situation with migrating some older Office X files to a new Windows Small-Biz Server 2003 environment. It seems that the person I am working with did not use the "Append file extensions" option when saving his Office X files on his Mac server (10.2.8). So now I have a situation where I need to move these extension-less files over to the Windows server but they will lose thier file associations. Is there anyway to save this extension "metadata" to convert these files on the Windows side? I have about 20GB of data to migrate and manually opening each file wi...

Inserting a file from FTP
Hello i have a FTP server that host's files for my office to share. >From one computer that has publisher 2000 on it has problems inserting a file from the ftp into a publisher document. The error i recive from that computer is that it has a problem linking a file that is not on the computer or on the network. The odd thing is that every other computer in the building can connect to the FTP and insert images from it. Also the computer can connect to the FTP through Internet Exlplorer so connectivity isn't a problem. Any help on this would be great. Also most the other computer'...

Help needed with networked Outlook
Hi, I have a simple system with 3 PC's networked via a router. All pc's are running XP and Outlook 2002. 1 pc acts as a simple server for files and the printer. Is there a simple way that the server can download all incoming emails and divert them to one of the others, depending on the intended recipient, but then also keep a copy of any replies that were sent? At the moment we download to all 3 and we don't always know if someone else has replied to an email. Many thanks and I hope that makes sense. Paul. That'll be a no then :-) Paul "Paul Reed" <p...

Excel File Association not working
Hi, One of our users cannot open an Excel file by just double-clicking on it any longer. If he opens Excel first, he can browse to the file and open it. I looked at the file associations for .xls types of files and it lists Excel as the program to use to open .xls. I tried an Office repair, but that didn't help. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks, Sandy M Sometimes one of these works for similar problems. Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then W...

My Shared workbook is driving me crazy!!!
Hi everyone, I am experiencing a problem with a shared workbook with a protected sheet that is driving me crazy. I have a document with a protected sheet and a Macro that sorts this protected list >when I protect the sheet I allow SORTING and AUTOFILTER. Once the sheet is protected I go to the VBE and set the protection for userinterface only in the private workbook module linked to the open workbook_event: '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''&#...

Duplicate File Message opening an Excel 97 file from Windows Expl.
When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents menu of the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message that "A document with the name "XXXXX" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, evan if the documents are in different folders." If I start Excel, firs, I don't get this message. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark B wrote: > When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents > menu of the Start button, the ...

Shared Bank Account
My mother still uses her checking account- but I have to travel to her home 400 miles away to do periodic reviews. Can we set up her account on Money so that I can access her account from my home computer and she can access from hers?? If her bank provides online banking, you can certainly setup two independant files and both connect and download statements, just like you could both login on the bank's website and view her account information. It would depend, of course, on your bank providing these online services. "Crescent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

How to save a PC Excel file into MAC (it says file is read only)?
I am having troubles with an Excel workbook I created on my PC (using Excel 2000). Essentially I can't save it in a Machintosh computer. Thanks for your help ...

How to convert binary file to ASCII file
How to convert binary file to ASCII file? Thanks in advance! "prinz" <de6666@lycos.com> wrote in message news:40222AF5.B3B6EFFB@lycos.com... > How to convert binary file to ASCII file? > > Thanks in advance! > well, an ascii file is a binary file... just the bits happen to be easily displayable as letters, number, and other symbols. you will have to find out what the meaning of each bit in the binary file is, how the bits are grouped into bytes, and how the bytes are grouped into higher order things. then read the file with the appropriate file access method a...

How to block users access to Exchange 2003 (during virus outbreak)
I am writing up a guide to help us during a virus outbreak situation. I'm following some ideas that Microsoft has already written regarding cleaning up Exchange servers... however, one suggestion they have is to block all user access to a server by simply unplugging the network cable. This works ok ifan admin is local to the server and/or an organization is not very large or global. However, we require remote admin access to many of our servers so this is not an option. I need a better plan to quickly block all user access to all Exchange servers. Thoughts were to use the registry set...

Open another Outlook share calendar 02-15-10
Version: 2008 Email Client: Exchange Hi, <br> I have an user that share his calendar with some users, but the calendar in share isn't the principal but another calendar. The users that use Outlook client don't have to open the share calendar, but the Entourage client can't open the calendar because Entourage client try to open the principal calendar but the user don't have the permission. How to set Entourage for open another share calendar and not the principal. <br> Thanks. ...

Trying to Open Excel File, But its says file is locked for editing
I'm trying to open an Excel file on a network drive. However when I try to open it. It has an Error Message: File in use. Drivers return 'Taco far return disk Chart 2005.xls' is locked for editing. Options are 'Read Only', 'Notify' or 'Cancel' I know no one is in the spreadsheet, and does not indicate who would be if there was. Can anyone help? Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. Smeeta Geary wrote: > > I'm trying to open an Exc...

problems with inserting html to xslt file.
Hi, I have a string/xml value that has to be inserted to a specific <xsl:tempalte> tag, I have a namespace registered so that I can insert new XSL elements. nsmgr = New XmlNamespaceManager(myXslt.NameTable) nsmgr.AddNamespace("xsl", "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform") This is the string that has to be inserted to xsl:template tag : <tr> <td><xsl:apply-templates select="bla" /></td> </tr> If I try the element.insertXml method there is an error saying undeclared namespace and poiting to the <xsl:apply> tag. The...

Those damn pst files!!
Hello, I have had MANY problems with outlook, first, I had problems where I had to reinstall every time I closed outlook xp or I couldn't send emails, then I tried the detect and repair--restore defaults, then I reconfigured and it seemed to work fine...EXCEPT I could no longer intellisync or sync anything...I looked into the matter, and found that my default Outlook.pst was now outlook1.pst, so I changed the name to outlook.pst, reconfigured (again lost the address book in the process) and still can't sync...what is up with these damn pst files? WHERE should I put that OUTL...

Need Help Creating Uniform Time Distrobution on Y-Axis
I am graphing call center times and I want the y-axis to have unifor time distributions. Right now the points of time on the y-axis are 0 14:24, 28:48, 43:12, 57:36, 72:00 and 86:24. I would like for it be 0 10:00, 20:00, 30:00, 40:00, 50:00, 60:00. I have played around wit the axis scale with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Perhaps you are using a Line chart when an XY chart in needed. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "penroma >" <<penroma.11qhdb@excelforum-n...

Storing strings in header file via resource file (.rc file) ?
Hi: My application needs to support multiple languages. I'm now planning to strong strings in multiple string tables in the rc file; where each string table contains one language. My question is: will it be much simpler to store those strings in multiple header files? In this case a string can be used directly without the need to use CString to load each string before using it. Please let me know if I'm missing some advantages using the rc file to store strings. Thanks in Advance. Polaris "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<e...

Sharing Outlook Folder
I have one email account(from my ISP) that I share with my wife. In Outlook that I have set up for her in her own XP user account, I have a rule that filters incoming email to put all my emails into a separate folder. Can I now access this folder from Outlook when I am using my own XP user account (on the same PC)? This would make life simpler. Yes, place the pst-file on a location both can access. Then when you start Outlook it will prompt you for the location of the pst-file. Browse to the new loaction of the pst-file and hit OK. Do the same for the other account and direct it to t...

Query Access
I am using VB.net 2008. I have a access database with 2 tables in it tblTeacher and tblStudent. I create a recordset (rsTeacher) one of the fields (TeacherName) in tblTeacher using distinct. Then I loop through the rsTeacher and then create another recordset (rsSchedule) and pull the Period and StudentID then I want to use that StudentID to query the tblStudent with the StudentID to get the StudentLastName, StudentFirstName and etc. then order by period, studentlastname, studentfirst. I usually cheat and use the query function in Access to do them but it doesn't seem like this...

How do I restrict Access to all mail groups on my Domain
Guys, How do I disable external mail access to all mail groups on my domain. Assuming I dont want anybody on the net to send an email to mail groups on my domain.I have checked the Exchange System Manager but I havent found anything explicit from global settings.Can anyone help? Thanks in Advance. Regards, -- Buchi Hi, hit properties of distr.group (Exchange general tab) and select Accept messages from authenticated users only... -- Regards, Sasa Milovanovic MCSE:Messaging sasa.milovanovic(at)exchangemaster.net "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Can i import one excel file to another excel file?
I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I import the two? There must be an easy way to merge the two together without having to retype. Depends on what you mean by update. If it's just to add more data to the bottom of an existing list, open both files, then select the data, Edit/Copy it and Edit/Paste to the other workbook. If that's not what you want, can you be more specific? On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:59:09 -0700, "kimbers867" <kimbers867@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a new excel file that I want to update with ...

Problem converting Quicken backup file to Money 2004
Hi, When I use the Converting Quickent Files feature, after the conversion is done, it shows the correct balance in the Quicken balance, but on the Money balance column, it's all zero. After conversion, I open the converted Money file, all accounts still show zero balance. What's the correct way to import all Quicken accounts and balance to Money? thp ...

OL 2002 - Attached MSG file - No body property returned
We have a large number of psts with emails bearing problematic MSG attachments. The PST files appear to be from an Exchange environment (Likely 2000). We are using VB6 to access the data via Outlook 2002 (we've tried 2003, but with the same results). Outlook 2002 (sp-2) is not returning any value for the body property of an attached MSG email items. When opening them in Outlook, you can see that there is in fact body text which seems only to be visible when viewed through the UI in OL. Here is something odd: 1. When viewed in Quick View Plus (ver 6 & 8) it appears with only the heade...