Field TO of an Activity at blank

Hi,

May I configure the TO into a E-mail Activity where ever I am in CRM.

ex: I am in a contact
I create an Activity
I would like the field TO � blank

Thanks,

Sylvie

0
Sylvie
10/4/2004 6:46:26 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is no supported way to customize Activity objects.

Sorry and Good luck!

I am in CRM.

>ex: I am in a contact
>I create an Activity
>I would like the field TO =E0 blank
>
>Thanks,
>
>Sylvie
>

>.

0
kat

custom button on activity form
Hi! I added a custom button on some activity form (task, email ...). It works ok on the web client. but the button won't show up on the outlook client. I checked that the ISV file has been correctly loaded on my local pc. I tried clear the temperary ie file... It still doesn't work. anyone knows why? Thanks! Sorry! I set it to web client only. "Miranda" wrote: > Hi! > > I added a custom button on some activity form (task, email ...). It works ok > on the web client. but the button won't show up on the outlook client. I > checked that the ISV fi...

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

Active synch and outlook2002
I recently purchased a Dell Axim5 handheld and am having trouble getting it to synchronize with outlook 2002.I keep geting the message that no profile has been created (I have created one) and the next message says that outlook cannot be accessed and that I should make sure my PIM is running. I always thought that if you could open outlook then your PIM was running. Help Please. You don't say what operating system you are using but I recently had the same issue on a windows XP machine, it turned out to be a corrupt XP user profile. Easy way to check is if you are using XP is to cr...

Locking Field position on screen.
I have created a simple form in Word 2007 with maybe 2 or 3 fields across and 3 or 4 fields down, but my problem is I would like to be able to lock the field positions in place on the screen. When I type in a field, the field to the left moves. I need to lock the position. Can this be done. Frank Most forms designers put form fields in table cells of a fixed dimension. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

scripto to cut/paste to next field
Here is my situation: 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the page (field that has text in it) 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’ action), and pastes Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that may solve the above? -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com... > Here is my situation: > > 1...

CRM user to user email appaers to recipient as closed activity
email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we want it to be open. Noticed same behaviour, is this by design? "Steve" wrote: > email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we > want it to be open. Our MVP says it is a design function. We find it very annoying. "Steve 2 " wrote: > email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we > want it to be open. See my posts starting 9/27/2006 11:44 a.m. Boolean1 "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

Form Fields In Outlook Template
Help !!! I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help. What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....) However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot use Word as your editor. But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form Toolbar. This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out. Help !!! Thank you See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart...

Default fields in new fields
Using Outlook 2K When creating a new mail folder, it does not include the Subject and Received fields necessitating their having to be added every time. How can I get this to revert to the default fields? Thanks, Cathy ...

Blank Vlookup
I want to know if a table has a blank field and I want this blank fiel returned as Tomato, I use Vlookup for all the other results, but if i is blank I need it to be retured as Tomato, any ideas? Colli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi maybe something like =IF(A1="","Tomato",VLOOKUP(A1,lookup_range,col_index,0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to know if a table has a blank field and I want this blank > field returned as Tomato, I use Vlookup for all the other results, > but if it is blank I need it to be retured as Toma...

Non Blank
I have a very large spreadsheet that was given to me by someone who created it from a database. I need to do a CountA to help sort it. But the "empty" cells, which look blank to me, are not. So the CountA counts every cell. Would you know how I can get the cells that look empty to be seen as blank so I can do a valid CountA? Here's a solution for you. Step 1, of course, is to make a backup copy of your data so you don't lose anything! Then copy this code, and paste it in as a macro. It stores the value of each cell to memory if the cell does not contain a formula, del...

multiple critera for one field in a query
Hi, i am trying to get a count of a certain criteria but in different columns. Its hard to explain, but assume i have a table which consists of... A 550 B 600 C 20 A 100 C 75 B 120 D 390 Then in a query I am trying to have the result of: Over 500 Over 100 Over 25 Under 25 A 1 1 0 0 B 1 1 0 0 C 0 0 1 1 D 0 1 0 0 The way i have done...

required fields
Hello: Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead? I doubt it. The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on. Any other ideas? I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity. The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup window. I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01". Thanks! childofthe1980s You are right, fields Required by GP cann...

IV00102 Fields
These four fields are set to zero when I create a new item and assign it to a location. However, when I look at the table descriptions zero is not a valid value for any of them. Are these four fields currently used for anything or are they there for future use? This currently is GP10 SP3. 1) IV00102.REPLENISHLEVEL 2) IV00102.POPVENDORSELECTION 3) IV00102.POPPRICINGSELECTION 4) IV00102.PICKTICKETITEMOPT Rich, Replenishment Level is the default replenishment level for POP Auto Generator. Values are 1, 2 and 3. 1 for Order point QTy, 2 for order upto level, 3 for vendor EoQ. If these fiel...

Field by Field Comparison
I have two tables with the exact same column names. I want to do a field by field comparison of the two tables. If one letter or number is off in any field, I would like for the whole record to show up in my query. I can only figure out how to show records which are equal. I would like to show records which are not equal. Is there a query criteria or something where I can perform this? Thanks. Do a UNION query. Create a query that lists all the field in one table. Then open that query in SQL view. At the end of the SQL, delete the semicolon ";". At the...

splitting a field into two fields; one in ()
I have a Name field in my database that is LastName,FirstName(dept). I have figured out how to split last name and first name but I don't know how to leave out the department name that is in () after the first name. Any suggestions? Quick and Dirty way to get the field down to just LastName,Firstname is to use the following as an expression in a query: LastFirst:Left([Name],Instr([Name],"(")-1) This should give you all of the characters to the left of the opening parenthesis. You could then apply your method for splitting the First and Last Names. HTH ...

ObjectName in Activities
Hi! I am using the example in the MS CRM SDK help file to create new activities. It works like a charm, with one exception (of course). The field ObjectName does not get written. This leads to the Regarding box to be open when the Activity is opened. It works in the sence that my Activity is in fact linked to, in this case, an order which would indicate that I am doing the <activityparties> stuff correctly. The attribute ObjectName on the Activity is read-only so I can't set it either. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Gratefully !Robert The code: string strXml = &qu...

Joining fields into one field dependent on value of another field
Hi, Below is a sample of data of a query which I need assistance in - Group Fertiliser ApplicationRate 1 TSP 3 2 EFB 230 3 Kies. 3 4 EFB 230 4 Kies. 3 5 TSP 3 5 Kies. 3 7 EFB 230 7 TSP 3 7 Kies. 3 >From this, I would like to create a field such that it shows eg. Group FertiliserDescription 1 TSP (3) 2 EFB (230) 3 Kies. (3) 4 EFB (230), Kies(3) 7 EFB(230),TSP(3),Kies(3) I am able to put Fertiliser and ApplicationRate together ie. Fertiliser& "(" &ApplicationRate& ")" My problem being how to add a statement saying th...

How to set color of field?
In ObjectPal I used the 'Arrive' event to set the color of a field or a record in a child table. This allowed the color to vary from one record to the next in a datasheet view. In Access, the 'On Current' event only works in form view. It doesn't work in datasheet view. The 'Format' event is only available in Report objects. The 'Conditional' format only allows three alternatives. How can Access vary colors from one record to the next in a datasheet, or datasheet-like view? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrot...

Null Field to Interupt Closing
I am using this code to check for blank fields in BeforeUpdate: If NZ(Trim(Me!Date),vbnullstring) = vbnullstring then Msgbox "PLEASE ENTER DATE",,"Missing date" Me!Date.setfocus Cancel = True Exit Sub End if It almost works, except the form goes ahead and closes anyway. The user clicks the close button and the message box pops up if the field is empty, they click OK and instead of keeping the form open and then setting focus on the empty field, it closes the form. How can I get it to interupt the close and keep the form open? Thank you in advance for any...

Problem with after update code in field that disables another field
Hi I want to be able to disable the Non Member field in a record when something is entered in the Member field. Unfortunately, the code I am usng below disables the Non Member field in *all* records, and the database has to be closed and reopened to get round this before data entry can continue. I'd be grateful if someone could show me the correction, Thanks. Private Sub Member_AfterUpdate() If Not IsNull([Member]) Then Me![Non Members].Enabled = False Else Me![Non Members].Enabled = True End If End Sub Sam, You need to put that same code in on the OnCurrent event of the form...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...

Values in Pay To Field
How do I remove values from the Pay To list? Through syncing with my PDA, a number of the valkues have become corrupted and I want to remove them In microsoft.public.money, Mike McLellan wrote: >How do I remove values from the Pay To list? Through syncing with my PDA, a >number of the valkues have become corrupted and I want to remove them Go to Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Payees, right-click a Payee and select Delete the selected Payee from the drop-list. Alternatively use the Delete button at the bottom to deleted the selected Payee from the drop-list....