Field Service V2.0

I know that there probably isn't a lot of solid info avail about
feature set for V2.0 but I have seen a number of references to planned
addition of some type of Field Service functionality. My question
is....

Does anybody have any insight or thoughts as to whether or not the
ability to schedule/dispatch techs and the ability to generate
invoicing for field service calls will be included?

0
SteveT
12/13/2004 9:20:18 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is something referred to as Service Scheduling in the latest
information that I have seen.

"SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I know that there probably isn't a lot of solid info avail about
> feature set for V2.0 but I have seen a number of references to planned
> addition of some type of Field Service functionality. My question
> is....
>
> Does anybody have any insight or thoughts as to whether or not the
> ability to schedule/dispatch techs and the ability to generate
> invoicing for field service calls will be included?

0
daniel

UserForm Labels "0" return
Hi I hope I can explain this okay. I have a userform which contains several labels whose captions are taken from various cells on a sheet, activated by a 'Details' command button. The trouble is, not every is used every time. For example, the cells have address line 1, line 2, line 3, postcode, phone number, fax number; in cases where there isn't a fax number, I'm getting the return "0". I've tried to remedy this by putting the following code in the ("Details")button_click event: For Each cntrl In UserForm1.Controls If TypeOf cntrl Is MSForms...

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

"Go Online" button not toggling to "Go Offline" in CRM 3.0 Client
On one of my users laptops when he opens outlook and is offline the button in the toolbar says "Go Online", clicking it does indeed go online. All the records accessed are coming from the server and the notification tray icon is online. The button on the toolbar and the entry in the CRM menu both still say "Go Online" though. If you click them then it goes offline just as it should if it said the right thing. On another note if you exit Outlook without going offline then when you restart Outlook you get the dreaded error about not being able to access the server, ...

Locking Field position on screen.
I have created a simple form in Word 2007 with maybe 2 or 3 fields across and 3 or 4 fields down, but my problem is I would like to be able to lock the field positions in place on the screen. When I type in a field, the field to the left moves. I need to lock the position. Can this be done. Frank Most forms designers put form fields in table cells of a fixed dimension. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

scripto to cut/paste to next field
Here is my situation: 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the page (field that has text in it) 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’ action), and pastes Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that may solve the above? -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com... > Here is my situation: > > 1...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

Exchange setup with externel spam service
Hi, When setting up exchange to work with an external spam filtering service how do you set the exchange server to only receive and sent to that IP? Do you set up a smart host or is this better handled on the firewall filtering to/from the IP? If you use a smart host do you use the public IP of the providor? How does it know what IP it comes from? Also...what sort of security risk is there if you have your exchange server behind a firewall and you forward all smtp traffic to the server without any filtering? Thanks - Wayne "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Beware MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder Table Corruption after upgrading from 1.3 to 2.0
RMS didn't correctly create the information in the MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table when upgrading from version 1.3 to 2.0 (unless you applied hot fix 2.0.0110 or later before you upgraded the 1.3 database). The above doesn't affect the actual matrix component items them selves but it does affect the matrix attributes. It will duplicate quite a few dimension attributes and it will delete some as well. We upgraded RMS shortly after 2.0 was released (8 months ago?) and originally thought that this was caused by user errors. But when I finally realized the scope of the problem ...

Form Fields In Outlook Template
Help !!! I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help. What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....) However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot use Word as your editor. But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form Toolbar. This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out. Help !!! Thank you See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart...

Default fields in new fields
Using Outlook 2K When creating a new mail folder, it does not include the Subject and Received fields necessitating their having to be added every time. How can I get this to revert to the default fields? Thanks, Cathy ...

Please give brief introduction to Layered Service Providers(LSP) in winsock2
I have no idea for LSP. Please brief for LSP that what is it and why it is needed. For which type of Application of internet communication can use this means for whom this is Beneficial. Thanks archita ...

multiple critera for one field in a query
Hi, i am trying to get a count of a certain criteria but in different columns. Its hard to explain, but assume i have a table which consists of... A 550 B 600 C 20 A 100 C 75 B 120 D 390 Then in a query I am trying to have the result of: Over 500 Over 100 Over 25 Under 25 A 1 1 0 0 B 1 1 0 0 C 0 0 1 1 D 0 1 0 0 The way i have done...

required fields
Hello: Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead? I doubt it. The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on. Any other ideas? I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity. The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup window. I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01". Thanks! childofthe1980s You are right, fields Required by GP cann...

SQLState=S1000, NativeError=0
I am trying to use the BCP command to execute the following statement, but I keep getting the following error: Starting copy... SQLState = S1000, NativeError = 0 Error = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Unexpected EOF encountered in BCP data-file 0 rows copied. Network packet size (bytes): 4096 Clock Time (ms.) Total : 1 This is a very small XML file and here are it's contents: <xml xmlns:s='uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882' xmlns:dt='uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882' xmlns:rs='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset'...

IV00102 Fields
These four fields are set to zero when I create a new item and assign it to a location. However, when I look at the table descriptions zero is not a valid value for any of them. Are these four fields currently used for anything or are they there for future use? This currently is GP10 SP3. 1) IV00102.REPLENISHLEVEL 2) IV00102.POPVENDORSELECTION 3) IV00102.POPPRICINGSELECTION 4) IV00102.PICKTICKETITEMOPT Rich, Replenishment Level is the default replenishment level for POP Auto Generator. Values are 1, 2 and 3. 1 for Order point QTy, 2 for order upto level, 3 for vendor EoQ. If these fiel...

Field by Field Comparison
I have two tables with the exact same column names. I want to do a field by field comparison of the two tables. If one letter or number is off in any field, I would like for the whole record to show up in my query. I can only figure out how to show records which are equal. I would like to show records which are not equal. Is there a query criteria or something where I can perform this? Thanks. Do a UNION query. Create a query that lists all the field in one table. Then open that query in SQL view. At the end of the SQL, delete the semicolon ";". At the...

Great Plains 9.0 ... Modifier supported?
Will Great Plains 9.0 support .NET and do away with Modifier and VBA Developer? Read the Strategy Guide that just came out and saw no mention of Modifer and VBA Developer. Anyone know? Rich Elliott Associates Solutions, Inc. www.associates-solutions.com Modifier w/VBA will be supported for many years. "Rich Elliott" wrote: > Will Great Plains 9.0 support .NET and do away with Modifier and VBA Developer? > > Read the Strategy Guide that just came out and saw no mention of Modifer and > VBA Developer. > > Anyone know? > > Rich Elliott > Associate...

splitting a field into two fields; one in ()
I have a Name field in my database that is LastName,FirstName(dept). I have figured out how to split last name and first name but I don't know how to leave out the department name that is in () after the first name. Any suggestions? Quick and Dirty way to get the field down to just LastName,Firstname is to use the following as an expression in a query: LastFirst:Left([Name],Instr([Name],"(")-1) This should give you all of the characters to the left of the opening parenthesis. You could then apply your method for splitting the First and Last Names. HTH ...

ERROR
Hi, I have an exchange 2003 box that is having some issues. About 10% of emails are getting this message. the email address that is being set to is correct. In this case the receiving server is an exchange 2003 too. Any ideas? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 10/27/2004 3:07 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@otherdomain.com on 10/27/2004 3:07 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <server.mydoamin.local #5.5.0 smtp;550-"T...

CRM 4.0 Client Freezes Installed on Terminal Servers...How?
Hello All, Running W2k3, SP2 and Citrix. Installed the 4.0 Client. All seems like it is correct. The Cofigure dialogue shows up in the tite bar for all users. The wizard runs easily and quickly. THe Problem is that it does not run. Or it runs once or twice and then begins to freeze Outlook. IT always freezes at the same point, it loads the CRM Tool Bar and then sits with the Initializing Outlook Interface... Has anyone had success or some pointers in making this work? Thanks ...

Joining fields into one field dependent on value of another field
Hi, Below is a sample of data of a query which I need assistance in - Group Fertiliser ApplicationRate 1 TSP 3 2 EFB 230 3 Kies. 3 4 EFB 230 4 Kies. 3 5 TSP 3 5 Kies. 3 7 EFB 230 7 TSP 3 7 Kies. 3 >From this, I would like to create a field such that it shows eg. Group FertiliserDescription 1 TSP (3) 2 EFB (230) 3 Kies. (3) 4 EFB (230), Kies(3) 7 EFB(230),TSP(3),Kies(3) I am able to put Fertiliser and ApplicationRate together ie. Fertiliser& "(" &ApplicationRate& ")" My problem being how to add a statement saying th...

How to set color of field?
In ObjectPal I used the 'Arrive' event to set the color of a field or a record in a child table. This allowed the color to vary from one record to the next in a datasheet view. In Access, the 'On Current' event only works in form view. It doesn't work in datasheet view. The 'Format' event is only available in Report objects. The 'Conditional' format only allows three alternatives. How can Access vary colors from one record to the next in a datasheet, or datasheet-like view? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrot...

Null Field to Interupt Closing
I am using this code to check for blank fields in BeforeUpdate: If NZ(Trim(Me!Date),vbnullstring) = vbnullstring then Msgbox "PLEASE ENTER DATE",,"Missing date" Me!Date.setfocus Cancel = True Exit Sub End if It almost works, except the form goes ahead and closes anyway. The user clicks the close button and the message box pops up if the field is empty, they click OK and instead of keeping the form open and then setting focus on the empty field, it closes the form. How can I get it to interupt the close and keep the form open? Thank you in advance for any...