Failed to find SQL Express installation file SQLEXPRESS\SQLExpr.exe

I am trying to install ms crm laptop client and it keeps giving me
this error:
"Failed to find SQL Express installation file SQLEXPRESS\SQLExpr.exe"

I have tried the following without success:
- Copied the ISO Image's files on to laptop and renamed the sql
express folder to match the above message
- Separately installed the sqlexpress server

I am trying to uninstall all the instances of sql/msde/sqlexpress
right now. I will try to install again after that. Lets see.

0
surabhi
4/24/2007 8:36:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

GP 9 and SQL 2008
Can the GP 9 database be moved form a SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 server? I also am using Business Portal and FRx. We are moving from GP 9 to v2010 and figured I can move the database to the new SQL 2008 server prior to doing the upgrade in a few months. GP 9.0 is not supported on SQL Server 2008 and there have been some reported issues running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008. Unless there is absolutely no choice, I would recommend waiting until your upgrade to GP 2010 to go to SQL 2008. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP (2005 - 2010) Want to run Crystal and SSRS reports from GP? http://www...

vlookup: file moved or new one. keep cache
i have vlookup formula to external file, but what if that file moved or renamed?? how to keep vlookup to find what i need?? there is formula extra properties?? and is it possible to keep data once received? some cache, i mean if i have some table full already, all needed data is taken from other file, do not update this table any more. there is any better alternative to this formula + changes above? =VLOOKUP(K29;'C:\Data.xls]Data'!$A$5:$Z$568;12;FALSE) thank you. You can use indirect to make the workbook a parameter which you can put into cell A1. then you onl...

ScsiPortValidateRange(): to find the type of memory
Hi, i have device whose pci config space has bar0 is i/o mapped. now if i am calling ScsiPortValidateRange( , , , , TRUE ) or FALSE in both cases it returns success. does it mean that the parameter "BOOLEAN InIoSpace"is optional. is there anyother way using i can find exactely which kind of address it is, whether memory mapped or io mapped? regards, Hitesh On Mar 31, 10:00=A0pm, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > i have device whose pci config space has bar0 is i/o mapped. > now if i am calling ScsiPortValidateRange( , , , , TRUE ) or FALSE...

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

conflict w/Microsoft Outlook & Outlook Express
when i try and send an email i get the message "there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request". please run Microsoft Outlook and set an the default mail client. I don't wanrt to use Microsoft outlook, i want to use Outlook Express. In internet options under programs outlook express is set as mail default. PLEASE HELP ME SET THIS PROBLEM RIGHT. THANKS SANDY Go to control panel, internet options, programs, and set OE as your default mail client. sandy lanzet wrote: > when i try and send an email i get the message &quo...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

money 2004 installation problem
Installation goes okay. When I run the program by clicking on the desktop icon, an error message appears. Content is "either registry key is missing or a registrey value is invalid." Can someone help? I removed the program and reinstalled several times. Same problem. I disabled both Antivirus and Firewall. In microsoft.public.money, Rupert Lee wrote: >Installation goes okay. When I run the program by clicking >on the desktop icon, an error message appears. Content >is "either registry key is missing or a registrey value is >invalid." Can someone help?...

Manually archive Outlook Journal items: wdkcalex.dll can't be loaded/installed
I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items. Within that PST file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of items). When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST file, I had no problem. When I dragged my journal items into that file, I got the error message "The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." [ OK ] I had to...

SQL 2008 with GP-10
Hi There, I want to know, if any one have an installation of GP-10 with an Instance in SQL-2008. I did it, but I had an error. "Your SQL Version 2008 is not admit, you must update to SQL 8.0" I had: -OS Windows Server 2008 32 bits - SQL Server 2008 32 Bits Thanks, -- Jops Jops, Have you installed SP2 or used the install disk from CustomerSource/ PartnerSource with SP2 included? Service Pack 2 is what made GP compatible with SQL2008. Mark On Jan 3, 11:54=A0pm, JOPS <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi There, > > I want to know, if any one ha...

Find and Replace
I have a database which has information about a person. One of the field is contact number which is like 123.456.7890 I want to change that contact number to 123-456-7890. I cant use find and replace function to find a "." and replace it with "-" as some other fields like email id can have "." in them and I want to replace ". " between contact numbers only. eg Punit Arekar punit.arekar@abc.com MBA Mumbai India 123.456.7890 I want to change it to Punit Arekar punit.arekar@abc.com MBA Mumbai India 123-456-7890 Can somebody help in this...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

Install that internet patch from the Microsoft Corporation
--pxqtotpiujurdz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ewxmhldn"; type="multipart/alternative" --ewxmhldn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wspvsqvongthgcuo" --wspvsqvongthgcuo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Support BAI File Format in Electronic Reconcile
Please offer support for BAI File Format in Electronic Reconcile module. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b02d4546-5122-41ae-9d04-b5249e86342e&dg=microso...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

Outlook problems after moving PST files to new computer
Hello all, I read some similar problems but did not find a solution. I moved PST files from Outlook 2000 to Outlook XP from a Windows 2000 machine to an XP machine. 85 percent works fine except for the; 1. The Find box in Contacts does not work. 2. I get duplicate emails from particular individuals. 3. Some of the I use for sorting email have gone mad. Any help to get me started would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Nick Hello RuaBozo, you wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:10:40 -0400: > Hello all, I read some similar problems but did not find a solution. > I moved PST files from Out...

outlook cannot find default email files
I had Outlook 2002....had to wipe computer clean, so downloaded free trial of outlook 2007...trial is about up so installed 2002 again. Now it says cannot find default files...go into control pannel, mail, data files and nothing is listed...click on add and then I see my outlook folder...click on it and an error message...windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working....suggestions? If I bought the 2007 version and downloaded it woul I have the same problem??? I have already uninstalled the trial version of 07 ...

Excel file will not open
When I try to open an excel file I get a prompt for user account control. I click Yes and the file doesnt open. It says "There is a problem sending the command to the program". I can open the file once excel is open - but not directly from "my documents". Tried to unregister and register excel and that did nothing. Any help would be appreciated. BTW: Excel 2003 on Windows 7. Make sure ignore other applications is not checked under tools>options>general -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jimmy C" <Jimmy C@discussions.microsoft.com>...

priv1.stm file growing for unknown reason
Hello, I'm running Exchange 2003 Standard with 30 users all running Outlook 2003. Occasionally a few users will use OWA and we have one Macintosh user also accessing via Entourage (sp?) Our store is under 6Gb and all users have limits on their mailboxes and have been diligent in keeping them below the limits. Our priv1.stm file is regularly reaching nearly 10Gb and unless I defrag it every couple weeks our system will reach the 16Gb limit and shut down. Each time I run a defrag the stm file goes down to under 1Gb, but then grows rapidly over the next couple weeks and approaches ...

How do you find information in excel on dot plot (DPlot)?
Going crazy looking for dot plot in excel. The professor sent us an excel file disc and i cannot find any information in excel on dot plot or dplot. Help Please. And Thank You. Perhaps your prof is talking about the Dplot Excel add-in A simple Google search with the word "Dplot" would have taken you to http://www.dplot.com/index.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Bearcatsfords" <Bearcatsfords@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96342BA5-7283-4275-8781-445D05B1C9E8@microsof...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

CreateDirectoryW fails
Hi I want to create a directory with more then 300 characters. I am using the CreateDirectoryW function and prepending \\?\ to the path for eg.. CreateDirectoryW("\\\\?\\C:\\Temp\\..." some long name but the function fails with error 123. What could be the problem. I am working on Windows 2000. Regards Jakir Would it hurt to tell us what error 123 means? (I looked it up and it says the fllename syntax is illegal). Give your code snippet below, I'm not surprised. Take a look at CreateDirectoryW. What is its argument type? A Unicode string. So you should supply a Unic...

Need help with SQL tables
After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP. I received the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid in to a table. I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this. We don't have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio Express. Can anyone help me? I just need to know the script that will add it to these tables. Thanks. Tracey D "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the following tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum. Once added, use ano...

find any clipart on line
I used to get all the clip art on line, I would be using Publisher, and did not see a clipart that I liked, I would go to clips online. Now the clip art on line is blank, nothing happens, no clip art at all. There has been some problems lately with the clipart site. I suspect it has something to do with the java console. That said, some things you can do, Empty your cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. Compact your Organizer, open the Organizer from the start menu, Microsoft Office Tools, Clip Organizer, click tools, click compact. In Internet Explorer, too...

Outlook Express 6.0 #4
How to you forward an email with it's "full headers" information? This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpres...

Users failing to log in to Exchange on some PCs but not others.
Last week a number of laptop users reported that whenever they run Outlook 2002 to access exchange they are being prompted with a login dialogue. As they are already authorised network users this should not be happening. I took the most important users laptop and checked the settings to find everything was OK. I started a test profile and tried to set up the user there. Same problem. I went to another PC and set up a new profile and accessed exchange immediately. Back at the laptop, I reinstalled the Outlook Suite, The Network components and anything else I could think may be at fault, but sti...