Failed to create organization

HI
I try to install MS CRM with MSDN Subscriber license.
The system returns me :

"Failed to provision your initial business"
"Failed to create organization"

I check services and the one "Crystal APS" isn't started.
I try with the Local System account and a error message is
returned with no specific error number...

I try now with a Domain account, it runs.

During the install, when the system ask me with which
account I want to start services, I answer a Domain
Account...

Can the main error message come from this handling ??

I try with the other option and the databases creation
failed...

Thanks

PMC
0
PMC
7/22/2003 3:41:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
On your CD , find the file "IG.pdf".
Follow the Chapter 14.
I Have been the same problem and now it's working with the process.
Best Regards

Pour une aide en fran�ais : christian_auguste@msn.com avec une entete
explicite pour �viter la poubelle.

"PMC" <pcossey@sword-group.com> a �crit dans le message de
> HI
> I try to install MS CRM with MSDN Subscriber license.
> The system returns me :
>
> "Failed to provision your initial business"
> "Failed to create organization"
>
> I check services and the one "Crystal APS" isn't started.
> I try with the Local System account and a error message is
> returned with no specific error number...
>
> I try now with a Domain account, it runs.
>
> During the install, when the system ask me with which
> account I want to start services, I answer a Domain
> Account...
>
> Can the main error message come from this handling ??
>
> I try with the other option and the databases creation
> failed...
>
> Thanks
>
> PMC

0
News

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Organizing worksheets in a workbook
I have a master worksheet with system downtime data. Example System Date owner time down XXX 12/5 Jim 12:45 YYY 12/5 Jim 1:30 ZZZ 12/5 Frank 2:45 XXX 12/8 Jim 3:15 I then have worksheets for each of the Systems XXX, YYY, and ZZZ. I used an IF statement to pull the rows of data to the respective worksheets. The problem is the data for XXX shows on rows 1 and 4 of the XXX worksheet and I have 2 blank rows where the YYY and ZZZ data was. Is there anyway to get the 2nd XXX data on Row 2 on the XXX worksheet. My IF statement ...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

How to Organize, create new inboxes
I'm using outlook 2002. I would like to have an inbox for each e-mail account. I'm exasperated! How do I do that? Thanks in advance. Fish You can't. Create sub-folders for your separate accounts and route mail there via rules based on unique identifiers. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Fish asked: | I'm using outlook 2002. | | I wo...

Need help creating Gift Receipt
The system doesn't have a gift receipt template. Turning everything to false in receipt format still shows the cost. I believe the reason for a gift receipt is not to show what the customer pays. Does anyone have a template I can use or can anyone give me a direction to remove the cost of each item and totals. What line etc. MS has a gift receipt on the web site just go to customer source and it is under the doc's area " Rick help me on this part: customer source? Where would that be and how do I access. We bought this from a MS partner and the relationish and service is ...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

Outlook 2007 create background
it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in outlook 2007 !? Aloha ami, I wish that were true however...Tools | Options | Mail Format | Stationery and Fonts. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in > outlook 2007 !? > You cannot create new stationery for Outlook 2007, but you can create = new themes. In an open message, on the Options tab, make your changes = with the commands in the Them...

Creating Functions
Hello Can you utilise excel functions within your own user defined fucntion ? My function (BWK) takes a date fromat 1040801 converts it to 01/08/0 then i would like to use weeknum to give the week for this date. So the function BWK(1040801) is giving me 31 on the spreadsheet I tried Function BWK(AS400 As String) ldate = Len(AS400) If ldate = 7 Then AS400Day = Mid(AS400, 6, 2) AS400Month = Mid(AS400, 4, 2) AS400Year = Mid(AS400, 2, 2) Else AS400Day = Mid(AS400, 8, 2) AS400Month = Mid(AS400, 5, 2) AS400Year = Mid(AS400, 2, 2) End If DateConvert = AS400Day & "/" & AS400...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

CreateDirectoryW fails
Hi I want to create a directory with more then 300 characters. I am using the CreateDirectoryW function and prepending \\?\ to the path for eg.. CreateDirectoryW("\\\\?\\C:\\Temp\\..." some long name but the function fails with error 123. What could be the problem. I am working on Windows 2000. Regards Jakir Would it hurt to tell us what error 123 means? (I looked it up and it says the fllename syntax is illegal). Give your code snippet below, I'm not surprised. Take a look at CreateDirectoryW. What is its argument type? A Unicode string. So you should supply a Unic...

Assertion while creating a window
Hello there, I am trying to add a window as a tab of tab control. My tab control already has two tab ( tree controls are attached to both tabs) Now I am trying to create a window and attaching a window to third tab. So I created a class CSearchTabWnd derived from CWnd and trying to create it in OnCreate of tab control. But I am getting an assertion failure when I call create method of CSearchTabWnd. Let me know where I am wrong ! Assertion is at ASSERT(pWnd->m_hWnd == NULL); in AfxHookWindowCreate // Create Search Tab Window if(!m_wndSearchTab.Create(NULL,"Search",WS_CHILD | WS_V...

Creating users with an account other than sa
Oneof the new features with version 8 is the ability to create users, companies etc without being logged in as sa. I cannot find out how to do this! The GP What's New says: Dependence on the "sa" user has been reduced. (The "sa" user is the system administrator account for SQL Server.) Most tasks that could be completed only by the "sa" user in previous versions now can be completed by a Great Plains administrator. Examples of these tasks include making backups, creating companies, and creating new user IDs. The help file says: You must be logged in ...

Changing Input to code that creates a chart
Hi - I have a report that has a chart in it. Every time the use changes the dimensions / measures of the report grid, I want the chart to reflect that change. At the moment I can't see how to even delete my chart and then recereate it with different data range. Sub make_chart() Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Detail").Range("B7:H9"), PlotBy:= _ xlRows ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Detail" With ActiveChart .HasTitle = False ....

Users failing to log in to Exchange on some PCs but not others.
Last week a number of laptop users reported that whenever they run Outlook 2002 to access exchange they are being prompted with a login dialogue. As they are already authorised network users this should not be happening. I took the most important users laptop and checked the settings to find everything was OK. I started a test profile and tried to set up the user there. Same problem. I went to another PC and set up a new profile and accessed exchange immediately. Back at the laptop, I reinstalled the Outlook Suite, The Network components and anything else I could think may be at fault, but sti...

how do I use v-lookup when creating a sales sheet
How do I use vlookup when creating a multiworksheet sales sheet? If you give more detail on how the sheets are set up, and what you want the VLookup to return, someone may be able to help. There's information on VLookup in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Mark wrote: > How do I use vlookup when creating a multiworksheet sales sheet? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do I create a bar (1-100) in exel?
Hi! My skill in excel is slowly improving but there are still a few things I need help with every now and then. I have a column with chapter titles (Column A). In columns B, C, D there are %-ages where the total = 100%. What I would like to do in another sheet is to displat the results in a horisontal bar in three different coulors. If column B is 35% then I would like the first 35% of that bar be, say, green. If C is 25% and D, subsequently, 40%, then I want that bar to be 25%, say yellow, and 40%, say, red. I don't want it all in a graph, but rather in a rectangular box next to some...

Operation Failed error
When I attempt to send a worksheet via email (Outlook 2000) I get "Operation Failed" error. Any ideas? ...

Report Load Failed
when i deploy my project, crystel report have an error "report load failed".This project made in C# desktop application 2008. In solution, there is no error beacuse the crystel report path work well in solution but no well in deployment. ...

Creating a macro
Hi, I have another macro I need creating and I'm hoping the experts out there are able to help me - because I'm certainly not one of them!? I have 10,000 rows of data which I need to sort. Basically in A1 I have the wording "Searching Group :" and in B1 I have the name of the Group with a prefix of "CN=" and then the actual name of the group. Then in the rows below there is details of the members of this group. These are identified because in A2 it says "Member:" and across row 2 it gives details of that member. In fact I don't need any of thi...

Creating a race submition form
I would like some help creating a form that race officials can use to enter races into our excel data base. Shawn, you'll get more help if you describe the race information you want to collect and what you want to do with it. For example, horse race, car race, driver, jockey, wins, losses, dollar amounts, etc. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Shawn" wrote: > I would like some help creating a form that race officials can use to enter > races into our excel data base. ...

Excel fails to save properly
I have a daily exercise in which I copy a web-based datagrid and paste it into an Excel workbook. It's typically up to 6,000 rows +/- and 15 columns wide. It takes a while to paste. After that I block format remove text-wrap and adjust row height and column widths to fit, change the worksheet tab to a description name, then attempt to SAVE AS "XXXX_YYYY-MM-DD.XLS". At this point the worksheet usually becomes unresponsive but not always. If I close Excel and then reopen it, the recovered file can eventually be repaired and saved. Is this a known problem? I suspect th...

FAiled instalation of Exchange 2003
I have just arrived on site and found some one has tried to install exchange 2003 in the domain and then just deleted all the objects before they left. This is now causing great problems, as I have reinstalled exchange 2003 but it, believes that there is a virtual site "old server name” and I can not get rid of it. Every time I create a mail box it does not appear anywhere. Could anyone point me at an article that shows you how to undo all forest and domain preps from your AD so that I may redeploy this server in a working state? I have removed my new server by running the remoevor...

Creating a flier for a new business
Does anyone know what program would be best to create a business flier? When it comes to computer literacy I struggle. I want to make a flier for a new business (Auto Detailing) and a business card? If you could give me a couple of program options in case I don't have one of them on my computer already. If there is some software I could purchase that is cheap I will do it but, I'd rather not. Thanks Erik ...

MFC/MDI App fails with "An invalid argument was encountered." on click File menu item.
A message is popping up "An invalid argument was encountered." when the user clicks on the File menu item. I have an MDI app and it appears that the message occurs before any document is selected. When a document file has been opened, the message also pops up, again when the File menu is clicked. The file menu itself never opens. I found the place in VS .NET 2005 that is producing the message: - afxres.rc with the line: AFX_IDS_INVALID_ARG_EXCEPTION "An invalid argument was encountered." The code that uses this seems to be in except.cpp as: IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC(CInv...