Failed to create Microsoft CRM Databases 02-18-04

when i install Microsoft CRM 1.0

i faced to this error messages "Failed to create Microsoft CRM Databases
unknown error 80040e14"

please help me

my system is

windows 2000 sp4
sql 2000 sp3a
mdac 2.8

also my acccoun is in domain administrator group

thx

0
efsfsd
2/18/2004 2:19:39 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

You will find below 3 TKs that may help you to sort this issue out :
http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?id=29393&target=PS

http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?id=30300&target=PS

http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?id=31908&target=PS

--
Olivier Schmitt
Microsoft France

"efsfsd" <mcalik@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> when i install Microsoft CRM 1.0
>
> i faced to this error messages "Failed to create Microsoft CRM Databases
> unknown error 80040e14"
>

> please help me
>
> my system is
>
> windows 2000 sp4
> sql 2000 sp3a
> mdac 2.8
>

> also my acccoun is in domain administrator group
>

> thx

0
Olivier

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Microsoft Dynamics point of sale should have a 64 bit version
Microsoft Dynbamics Point of Sale should have a 64 bit edition ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=44edd847-bb43-4a2e-a6fa-026608720603&dg=microsoft.public.p...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

Install that internet patch from the Microsoft Corporation
--pxqtotpiujurdz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ewxmhldn"; type="multipart/alternative" --ewxmhldn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wspvsqvongthgcuo" --wspvsqvongthgcuo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

Error Message The Microsoft Jet Engine stopped the process because
I have a client that has a database that we have converted from 97 to 2003. We converted the programs first and things seemed to run fine except that it was slow. We converted the data and we are now getting the Error Message: "The Microsoft Jet Engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time". This error occurs on two different subforms of a parent form. One of the subforms has some complex calculations the other does not and really doesn't have any extra VB code behind it. The error only occurs occationally ...

How to Organize, create new inboxes
I'm using outlook 2002. I would like to have an inbox for each e-mail account. I'm exasperated! How do I do that? Thanks in advance. Fish You can't. Create sub-folders for your separate accounts and route mail there via rules based on unique identifiers. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Fish asked: | I'm using outlook 2002. | | I wo...

Need help creating Gift Receipt
The system doesn't have a gift receipt template. Turning everything to false in receipt format still shows the cost. I believe the reason for a gift receipt is not to show what the customer pays. Does anyone have a template I can use or can anyone give me a direction to remove the cost of each item and totals. What line etc. MS has a gift receipt on the web site just go to customer source and it is under the doc's area " Rick help me on this part: customer source? Where would that be and how do I access. We bought this from a MS partner and the relationish and service is ...

Outlook 2007 create background
it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in outlook 2007 !? Aloha ami, I wish that were true however...Tools | Options | Mail Format | Stationery and Fonts. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in > outlook 2007 !? > You cannot create new stationery for Outlook 2007, but you can create = new themes. In an open message, on the Options tab, make your changes = with the commands in the Them...

Invalid e-mail address while Tracking email in CRM
Hello! One of our clients started receiving an error as below when they track specific emails in CRM: "Invaid e-mail address. For more information, contact your Microsoft Dynamics CRM administrator." The only error on Event Viewer is: "An error occurred while promoting a Microsoft CRM e-mail message. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80044192. Context=. Function=CMailItemHelper::HrPromoteMailItemInCrm. Line=1643" User has Rollup 2 installed, Diagnostics and Outlook Temporary folder are clean. Did anybody have this error? I cannot find anything relate...

jet database error when importing external txt data
Hello With MS Access 2002 (10.4302.4219) SP-2 and an opened Access2002 Format file, I can't import a fixed width text data file into a DB. Every time I try, I receive the error message "the microsoft jet database engine could not find the object ". Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly" and then another window saying "An error occured trying to import file '......filename.txt' The file was not imported." Any idea ? Best regards. ...

Upgrading Microsoft Office when switching to OSX
I recently upgraded my Mac from 9.x to OSX. I was running Office 2001 in 9.x. Do I have to buy new software to have the version of Office that is compatible with OSX or can I download an upgrade? You can run Office 2001 inside Classic in OS X, or you can purchase Office X or Office 2004 as OS X-native programs. Office 2004 is the latest version. Owning Office 2001 qualifies you for the discount on an upgrade copy, but not for a free new version. On 3/8/05 8:02 PM, "anonymous" wrote: > I recently upgraded my Mac from 9.x to OSX. I was running Office 2001 > in 9.x. Do I ...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot be open
I cannot hide my problem anymore, i try and try to me alone no solution, so you can help me out . Each time i start my microsoft office outlook it will tell me cannot start microsoft office outlook. cannot open the outlook window. the set of folders cannot be opened. information store could not be opened. pls help me out . Does it open with the Safe Switch Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (notice the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane) If Outlook opens with the above then you have a bad Add On. Disable all the Add Ons and then enable them back...

Creating Functions
Hello Can you utilise excel functions within your own user defined fucntion ? My function (BWK) takes a date fromat 1040801 converts it to 01/08/0 then i would like to use weeknum to give the week for this date. So the function BWK(1040801) is giving me 31 on the spreadsheet I tried Function BWK(AS400 As String) ldate = Len(AS400) If ldate = 7 Then AS400Day = Mid(AS400, 6, 2) AS400Month = Mid(AS400, 4, 2) AS400Year = Mid(AS400, 2, 2) Else AS400Day = Mid(AS400, 8, 2) AS400Month = Mid(AS400, 5, 2) AS400Year = Mid(AS400, 2, 2) End If DateConvert = AS400Day & "/" & AS400...

Activate Exchange Cache Mode in Microsoft Outlook 2003
Bei uns soll nachtr=E4glich in Outlook 2003 der Exchange Cache Mode bei unseren Clients in Abh=E4ngigkeit von verschieden Kriterien per Script aktiviert werden. Derzeit ist mir nur die Option =FCber GPO oder die manuelle Aktivierung per Oberfl=E4che bekannt. Beides l=E4sst jedoch keine Automatisierung in Abh=E4ngigkeit mit verschiedenen Kriterien zu. Gerne w=FCrde ich hierzu ein Script schreiben, kennt jemand die notewendigen Einstellungen, die am Client zur Aktivierung notwendig sind? Lesen Sie bitte diesen Artikel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/872930/en-us Nue "T.Bruell" &l...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

CRM Closed in Outlook Client
While in a functioning Outlook Client, I closed CRM from the dropdown in the menu. I cannot find how to reopen it and feel more foolish by the minute. It's GOT to be an easy fix. I've closed and reopened Outlook and, rebooted, checked for disabled progs. ...

CreateDirectoryW fails
Hi I want to create a directory with more then 300 characters. I am using the CreateDirectoryW function and prepending \\?\ to the path for eg.. CreateDirectoryW("\\\\?\\C:\\Temp\\..." some long name but the function fails with error 123. What could be the problem. I am working on Windows 2000. Regards Jakir Would it hurt to tell us what error 123 means? (I looked it up and it says the fllename syntax is illegal). Give your code snippet below, I'm not surprised. Take a look at CreateDirectoryW. What is its argument type? A Unicode string. So you should supply a Unic...

Assertion while creating a window
Hello there, I am trying to add a window as a tab of tab control. My tab control already has two tab ( tree controls are attached to both tabs) Now I am trying to create a window and attaching a window to third tab. So I created a class CSearchTabWnd derived from CWnd and trying to create it in OnCreate of tab control. But I am getting an assertion failure when I call create method of CSearchTabWnd. Let me know where I am wrong ! Assertion is at ASSERT(pWnd->m_hWnd == NULL); in AfxHookWindowCreate // Create Search Tab Window if(!m_wndSearchTab.Create(NULL,"Search",WS_CHILD | WS_V...

Creating users with an account other than sa
Oneof the new features with version 8 is the ability to create users, companies etc without being logged in as sa. I cannot find out how to do this! The GP What's New says: Dependence on the "sa" user has been reduced. (The "sa" user is the system administrator account for SQL Server.) Most tasks that could be completed only by the "sa" user in previous versions now can be completed by a Great Plains administrator. Examples of these tasks include making backups, creating companies, and creating new user IDs. The help file says: You must be logged in ...

Changing Input to code that creates a chart
Hi - I have a report that has a chart in it. Every time the use changes the dimensions / measures of the report grid, I want the chart to reflect that change. At the moment I can't see how to even delete my chart and then recereate it with different data range. Sub make_chart() Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Detail").Range("B7:H9"), PlotBy:= _ xlRows ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Detail" With ActiveChart .HasTitle = False ....

How to set up relationship query for minerals database
Good morning everyone, I'm using Access 2003 and am working on a minerals database. The main table has a field COM_MIN (common minerals) which shows the minerals occurring at a particular location e.g. ID Lat Long Com_Min 123 -27.5 148.66 scheelite, gypsum, galena My next table has individual minerals and their properties ID MINERAL Density Streak etc 257 Scheelite 7.2 Gray 1286 Gypsum 2.6 White 44 Galena 6.7 ...

Users failing to log in to Exchange on some PCs but not others.
Last week a number of laptop users reported that whenever they run Outlook 2002 to access exchange they are being prompted with a login dialogue. As they are already authorised network users this should not be happening. I took the most important users laptop and checked the settings to find everything was OK. I started a test profile and tried to set up the user there. Same problem. I went to another PC and set up a new profile and accessed exchange immediately. Back at the laptop, I reinstalled the Outlook Suite, The Network components and anything else I could think may be at fault, but sti...

CRM 3.0 Server Error in '/' Application when accessing Reports via
Hi, I've got a server running Sharepoint 2003 and CRM 3.0, both using SQL 2000 Server, which is a separate server. All Windows Server 2003. The default website on the CRM site has always been stopped and the CRM site has a host header, the CRMReports folder is inside the CRM website. No SSL enabled on the CRM site. All has been running fine until the last couple of days, now when we go to http://crm and click on 'Reports' in the CRM app via IE, we get the following error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. --------------------...