Extracting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC vhd

Dear all,

Help please...I've struggled all day with this.

I need a copy of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration,
released May 2006.  I have downloaded the 5 files, from the Microsoft
downloads site, but I cannot extract.  I get the following two error
messages, when I run the self-extracting .exe:

Packed data CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006
Edition - Extended).vhd

CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006 Edition -
Extended).vhd

Any ideas?

As far as I can see the downloads of the part01.exe and part02 to part05.rar
files are okay.  I have downloaded them 3 times now on different machines.
But I cannot be sure.  I just wish Microsoft would put md5 checksums as well,
so I could be certain my 5 files downloaded correctly.  If anyone could
supply the checksums, I would be grateful (then if any of mine are wrong, I
can just keep downloading until I get the right values).

I've searched the web, and no-one else seems to have problem generating the
..vhd from the 5 self-extracting rar files.  And as these files have been
available for a while (and hence I assume have not been changed) I wonder if
the problem is elsewhere.

I would be gratefully for any ideas as to what to do next.

BTW: I have plently of disk space.  So it is not that.

Regards,
Stephen

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I've had the same problem. I think someone at MS screwed up the
download files.

0
nop
6/28/2007 6:53:48 PM
I have experienced the same issue more than once. I unfortunately found
the only way to resolve this is by downloading the files again.

Henry

Henry E. McCallum Jr. | Sr. Consultant, CRM Practice | ePartners
202.436.6992 (Mobile)      703.488.3102 (Office)         270.342.4707
(eFax)
mailto:hmccallum@epartnersolutions.com (email & MSMessenger)

Posted At: Thursday, June 28, 2007 2:02 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.crm
Conversation: Extracting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC vhd
Subject: Extracting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC vhd

[...]

6/28/2007 7:07:33 PM
Just to clarify, the current files have only been there for two days.
The original VPC expires on 6/30/2007. They just put up the "extended"
version two days ago. When I first downloaded it on the 26th, I got a
mixture of the old and new files. Yesterday that seemed to be fixed,
but then I got the CRC error. I've reported the issue to them.

0
nop
6/28/2007 7:12:42 PM
On Jun 28, 3:07 pm, "Henry McCallum", "Jr."
<hmccal...@epartnersolutions.com> wrote:
> I have experienced the same issue more than once. I unfortunately found
> the only way to resolve this is by downloading the files again.

Hmmm...well, I've downloaded the whole set three times and the two
problem files a couple more. Every time it's the same two files that
have the problem (part 3 and 4). That seems like quite a coincidence.
I guess I'll try one more time...

0
nop
6/28/2007 7:15:50 PM
I had the same issue with those same files multiple times. I finally
downloaded them again from home. There is no rhyme or reason to it, but
it worked.

Henry

Henry E. McCallum Jr.�| Sr. Consultant,�CRM�Practice�| ePartners
202.436.6992�(Mobile)����� 703.488.3102 (Office) ������� 270.342.4707
(eFax)
mailto:hmccallum@epartnersolutions.com (email & MSMessenger)

Posted At: Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:16 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.crm
Conversation: Extracting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC vhd

On Jun 28, 3:07 pm, "Henry McCallum", "Jr."
<hmccal...@epartnersolutions.com> wrote:
> I have experienced the same issue more than once. I unfortunately
found
> the only way to resolve this is by downloading the files again.

Hmmm...well, I've downloaded the whole set three times and the two
problem files a couple more. Every time it's the same two files that
have the problem (part 3 and 4). That seems like quite a coincidence.
I guess I'll try one more time...

0
Henry
6/28/2007 8:05:07 PM
Thanks for the reply guys - that makes me feel much better.  It was files 3
and 4 for me as well.

I'm downloading from the UK.  Perhaps the lag across the pond is just too
great???

Regards,
Stephen

"Henry McCallum" <Henry McCallum>, "Jr." wrote:

> I had the same issue with those same files multiple times. I finally
> downloaded them again from home. There is no rhyme or reason to it, but
> it worked.
>
> Henry

> Henry E. McCallum Jr. | Sr. Consultant, CRM Practice | ePartners
> 202.436.6992 (Mobile)      703.488.3102 (Office)         270.342.4707
> (eFax)
> mailto:hmccallum@epartnersolutions.com (email & MSMessenger)

I emailed Microsoft, but no reply yet.

However, I notice the download page has been removed.

If anyone from Microsoft is reading - please could you update us on what is
happening.
Will the VPC be re-introduced?

Regards,
Stephen

"Stephen M. Bennett" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply guys - that makes me feel much better.  It was files 3
> and 4 for me as well.
>
> I'm downloading from the UK.  Perhaps the lag across the pond is just too
> great???
>
> Regards,
> Stephen
>

> "Henry McCallum" <Henry McCallum>, "Jr." wrote:
>
> > I had the same issue with those same files multiple times. I finally
> > downloaded them again from home. There is no rhyme or reason to it, but
> > it worked.
> >
> > Henry

> > Henry E. McCallum Jr. | Sr. Consultant, CRM Practice | ePartners
> > 202.436.6992 (Mobile)      703.488.3102 (Office)         270.342.4707
> > (eFax)
> > mailto:hmccallum@epartnersolutions.com (email & MSMessenger)

On 2 jul, 11:58, Stephen M. Bennett
<StephenMBenn...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I emailed Microsoft, but no reply yet.
>
> However, I notice the download page has been removed.
>
> If anyone from Microsoft is reading - please could you update us on what is
> happening.
> Will theVPCbe re-introduced?
>
> Regards,
> Stephen
>

> "Stephen M. Bennett" wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply guys - that makes me feel much better.  It was files 3
> > and 4 for me as well.
>
> > I'm downloading from the UK.  Perhaps the lag across the pond is just too
> > great???
>
> > Regards,
> > Stephen
>
> > "Henry McCallum" <Henry McCallum>, "Jr." wrote:
>
> > > I had the same issue with those same files multiple times. I finally
> > > downloaded them again from home. There is no rhyme or reason to it, but
> > > it worked.
>
> > > Henry
>
> > > ==============================================================
> > > Henry E. McCallum Jr. | Sr. Consultant, CRM Practice | ePartners
> > > 202.436.6992 (Mobile)      703.488.3102 (Office)         270.342.4707
> > > (eFax)
> > > mailto:hmccal...@epartnersolutions.com (email & MSMessenger)

Hi,

The link has been removed from Microsoft Download Center due to issues
with extraction of files 3&4.

The rar files are being re-created for the moment.  What i heard, this
could take some time before they are back online.

Check the Microsoft Download site & Microsoft CRM team blog

HTH,

Frederic

0
Frederic
7/4/2007 7:59:12 PM
Hi Stephen,

I get the same error when I try to install it on FAT32 partition. Try it on
a NTFS partition and I think it will work. I think the problem is, that the
extracted file is larger than 2GB and that is not supported on FAT32.

Regards,

-JG-

"Stephen M. Bennett" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Help please...I've struggled all day with this.
>
> I need a copy of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration,
> released May 2006.  I have downloaded the 5 files, from the Microsoft
> downloads site, but I cannot extract.  I get the following two error
> messages, when I run the self-extracting .exe:
>
> Packed data CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006
> Edition - Extended).vhd
>
> CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006 Edition -
> Extended).vhd
>
> Any ideas?
>
> As far as I can see the downloads of the part01.exe and part02 to part05.rar
> files are okay.  I have downloaded them 3 times now on different machines.
> But I cannot be sure.  I just wish Microsoft would put md5 checksums as well,
> so I could be certain my 5 files downloaded correctly.  If anyone could
> supply the checksums, I would be grateful (then if any of mine are wrong, I
> can just keep downloading until I get the right values).
>
> I've searched the web, and no-one else seems to have problem generating the
> .vhd from the 5 self-extracting rar files.  And as these files have been
> available for a while (and hence I assume have not been changed) I wonder if
> the problem is elsewhere.
>
> I would be gratefully for any ideas as to what to do next.
>
> BTW: I have plently of disk space.  So it is not that.
>
> Regards,
> Stephen

I have been using an NTFS partition. I don't think that has anything
to do with it.

0
nop
7/6/2007 9:00:53 PM

"Frederic @ Traviata" wrote:

Has the VPC been reposted. I cannot find any reference to it anymore? If it
is available what is the link? I have searched Microsoft downloads and
Partnersource?

Bill Walter

> Hi,
>
> The link has been removed from Microsoft Download Center due to issues
> with extraction of files 3&4.
>
> The rar files are being re-created for the moment.  What i heard, this
> could take some time before they are back online.
>
> Check the Microsoft Download site & Microsoft CRM team blog
>
> HTH,
>
> Frederic

Disqualified/Inactive record search in CRM
hi I am keen to know if under contacts/leads/companies one can search for inactive records. I cant seem to be able to do this. Even if i select inactive contacts/disqualified leads and search for names under those views CRM does not display any records when i know they are there and i can see them in SQL. Any adviceeee pleasee would be helpful. Kind Regards Ridhima ...

Microsoft Money Canadian Edition Deluxe
I need to be able to track investments preferebly using the Canadian version of Microsoft money, however the only version available in Canada seems to be the standard edition which does not support investment tracking. Can anyone recommend an alternative? thanks I'm using Money 2004 Canadian Edition, it supports investment tracking - in fact I found the standard investment features much improved over the Money 2000 verson I upgrade from. I recall being confused about this too - MS Canada did a crappy job describing the product. "Cambio del Arte" <cdelarte@gmail.com> wro...

I want to updgrade Microsoft Publisher 98 to newer
I recently upgraded Windows 98 to Xp. I had made a program in publisher 98 but now I can't open it, cause XP doesn't recognize it. I just want to find a recent version of Publisher to install, but not the whole office suite, just the program. Joanne <Joanne@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I recently upgraded Windows 98 to Xp. I had made a program in > publisher 98 but now I can't open it, cause XP doesn't recognize it. > I just want to find a recent version of Publisher to install, but not > the whole office suite, just th...

Information Bridge Network for MS CRM and Office 2003
Can somebody email me whether the feature pack has been released or not. If it is then where can i download it. I am unable to get any additional info regarding this. Thank you in advance Kal Information can be found here, but the short is yes, it has been out for a while now. Caution when installing, the new crmaddin.dll doesn't always register correctly, causing you to have to do so manually. http://members.microsoft.com/partner/solutions/business/crm/morecrmnews.aspx#P12_1099 Yes it has been released. Caution on the installation though; the new version of the crmaddin.dll file do...

CRM v3
A few days ago, we installed the Outlook Laptop Client and it would not Going Offline. The application can hang for hours. We found later that MSXML was not installed. We uninstalled the Laptop client, installed MSXML, reinstalled the Laptop client, and the Go Offline worked. Now, this occurs on other installed machines even after MSXML was explicitly installed. The initial machine that worked just had the Laptop reinstalled as a different user. Now this installation will not GoOffline. - this implies that the issue may be User Profile or permissions. However, all the laptop client...

Project Server integration with Dynamics GP (Project Accounting)
Hi, We are a Cape Town based Dynamics GP reseller and have a prospect that wishes to implement Dynamics GP (Project Accounting) integrated with Project Server. If you know of any solutions or solution providers that could meet this requirement, please could you send me their contact details. What in your opinion is the best (and cheapest) solution out there currently? Thanks Neil Palmer I searched the internet and came up with this company's website: http://www.mbscrm.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx I know there is at least one other but can't find it. -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

CRM Email Router with Multiple Organizations
I am having an issue with the email router for enterprise. I have CRM and the email router on the same machine and connected to our exchange server. I have one organization setup properly and the emails are working fine, both incoming and outgoing, however when I added a new deployment to the 2nd organization and pointed it to the same incoming and outgoing as my default organization and then I just changed the url to the new organization name, it will load all the users but when I click on test it will either sit there and wait forever or it will say that the url is not correct. Tha...

CRM Address Book Entries in 4.0 Outlook Client are Empty
Hello, we uses CRM 3.0 and now we like to migrate to CRM 4.0. So, we installed CRM 4.0 on a seperate server in order to test the system. On one client we deinstalled CRM 3.0 Client for MS Outlook and installed CRM 4.0 Client. Everything works fine, but, wehen we like to compose a new e-mail, the CRM adress book is empty. Only the "CRM-Benutzer" (I accept "CRM User" in EN version) shows entries. The diagnose fuinkction tells me, that everything is fine. I searched in the web for more information. Other useres have the same problem. But I do not found a solution. Fo...

Microsoft Money 2005 and T.D. Bank
Money 2005 appears to work but can not download data from bank. Message in Microsoft money window: "The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Please download the file again. If this problem continues, contact your financial institiution. Done that. Banks advice reinstall Money. Done that. New HP machine Vista OS Which way to turn? -- Bobbylew -- Bobbylew In microsoft.public.money, Bobby Lewis wrote: >Money 2005 appears to work but can not download data from bank. Message in >Microsoft money window: "The file you attempted to import a...

crm to great plains
I have it set in admin and settings to have the default value of customer class id = customer. I also tried to create a mapping for this, but it doesn't seem to work. When I transfer a lead to an account - I then go into GP to look at the customer card. The customer class id field is blank and so is the salesperson id field. I have to manually go into each card and pick these values before my users can move on with the account. Am I doing something wrong? I thought these fields should be automatically filled in???? THanks, Jen ...

How to configure Microsoft Retail Mangement to do Credit Card Sale
I have been paying Bank of America credit card fees for the last four months, but it doesn't work. How do I set my system up so that I can do credit card sales on my POS. I also have an internet connection. Please give me detailed steps as to how to confifure it. THANKS. PLEASE, PLEASE e-Mail me at RubysLeatherInc@aol.com Contact your local RMS reseller. It will take them 15 minutes to set up "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4BB3B10-0713-4B33-A2C3-DB32D1F313FB@microsoft.com... >I have been paying Bank of America credit card fees for ...

Microsoft Outlook #12
How can I import my address book from Earthlink Web Mail to Microsoft Outlook mail program? I'm not very computer sophiscated, please give exact steps. Thank you. ...

Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack
Does anybody know where DMF keeps mapping data? Is it possible to transfer these data from one system to another? All the info used by the DMF is contained within the DMF tables. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Valdas Zagorskas" <valdas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C145E54-C963-43FE-B780-43951B09683C@microsoft.com... Does anybody know where DMF keeps mapping data? Is it possible to transfer these data from one system to another? ...

Dates
Hello. I need to do a project plan in Excel. What is the best way to automatically slide date values if dependant project dates change (slide)? Thanks!! THANK YOU! "CLR" <CLR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18F10CC0-7027-42EB-BDC3-BA1159609678@microsoft.com... > Make one date dependant on the other........ie: if yu have your master > date > in A1, then in B1 you could have =A1+7 and it would return a date one week > later than that in A1.....if you put in C1 either =A1+14, or =B1+7, then > C1 > qould return a date two weeks after that ...

Using Microsoft Help: Add Text Boxes, etc.
Fellow posters: I have MS Excel 2000 (v. 9.0.3821) and need help on working with its map function--the MS Map in my Excel is MapInfo version 8.0. I have never used it before. My eventual goal is to import this map into a MS Word document. For a upcoming report, I'd like to do a few maps of the U.S., where I'd be able to congregate neighboring states together into separate regions and add some text annotation. I'd also like to individually color selected states. After receiving help from a Word group and some hair-pulling, I managed to create a map in MS Map, put it in MS Excel, ...

new vpc code
hi all, Below .net code was working for my previous crm 4.0 vpc. After it's expired I have downloaded new vpc from partnersource, and now it is not working. Am I misisng smtg? try { CrmAuthenticationToken token = new CrmAuthenticationToken(); token.AuthenticationType = 0; // Use Active Directory authentication. token.OrganizationName = "Contoso"; // Use the global user ID of the system user that is to be impersonated. token.CallerId = new Guid("307AD934-455B-DE11-A51E-0003FFD0...

Known Issue Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft
Hi all hoping someone can clarify the following: "Known Issues with the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager" point that sticks out in the documentation and in my long hours of reading online namely: "The link between activities and parent accounts and contacts is not preserved during migration. If you have accounts or contacts in Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager that have activities, such as tasks or appointments, associated with them, when you migrate the data to Microsoft CRM, the activities are not associated wit...

CRM Timeout problem
I installed CRM and it works well but i have one problem that when i come to office every day or after 1 or 2 hours and when i chech the CRM server it stoped and when try to start it http://crmweb then it hangup for long time and mostly i get error after shut down and restart server it works well or i refresh is many times. i dont know what is wrong with this? During hangup i get this error message Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Request timed out. Description: An unhandled exception occurred durin...

Microsoft Office won't start and wants me to buy it again.

CRM Server URL
We finished the instalation of MS CRM. The web clients can access MS CRM by http:\\server. The problem is that in the instalation of SFO and Exchange Router, the http:\\server is not recognized. The users and machines are in the same domain. The Server is a MS SBS 2003. Any ideas? Kind regards, vagg Did you try to use the internal IP to access the CRM server? OR, If you setup the https to access the CRM server, you need to use "https://server:PORTNUMBER" to access the CRM website. Cheers, Jim "vagg" wrote: > We finished the instalation of MS CRM. The web c...

Dynamic Embedded Hyperlinks?
I'm creating a spreadsheet for clients to use to go out and hit a government website to get data. Every client has a different Certificate Number to get their information from. I'd like to give the client a box to input their CERT number so that I don't have to worry about customizing everyone's sheet for them... Is there any way to do this? I'll setup some VBA code that looks for updates of that one cell if I have to... but I was hoping there was just some way to make the address referenced in the link reference back to a cell in excel? You give no example but try a formu...

Microsoft Word transfer problem
Bought new computer. Have two problems with uSoft Works Word Processor: 1) How does one close a document without shutting down the Word Processor program? 2) How does one retain original formatting of documents written in Windows 2000? Have some documents with columns in Windows 2000; when I open them in Word Processor they are no longer columnmated. A different question: How does one navigate in Microsorft Communities? Hilary White; hilarym@cot.net Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off re...

Windows 2003: Dynamic Filename for Backup Name
Hi, I am looking to schedule a regular backup in Win 2003 using the default backup utility. I would like the name of the backup file to be dynamic, with a date and time stamp. Date is more important than time; If I can get a filename with the date, but without a timestamp, that is fine. For example, today's backup should be Feb_11_2010_6PM_File_Backup, though Feb_11_2010_File_backup will do. Next week's today be Feb_11_2010_5_59PM_File_Backup, etc.. The specific date and timestamp format is not important to me. I am hoping that I can specify a filename such as &l...

Microsoft Outlook problem #2
I am trying to import a contact list created in Excel to the contacts in Microsoft Outlist. I get two error messages. 1. Internal error 2711 2. Installer error 1603 I couldn't find a solution in the knowledge base and telephone support would not help. ...

Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tutorial (August 2006) 08-21-06
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tutorial (August 2006) CRM Basics,CRM Objectives,Types of CRM :: Operational CRM , Analytical CRM ,Collaborative CRM, CRM Implementation ,CRM Technical Functionalities ,Popular CRM's :: SugarCRM ,vTiger CRM , Daffodil CRM ,Future of CRM http://flying-rugs.com/crm/CRM.html ...