Extracting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC vhd

Dear all,

Help please...I've struggled all day with this.

I need a copy of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration,
released May 2006.  I have downloaded the 5 files, from the Microsoft
downloads site, but I cannot extract.  I get the following two error
messages, when I run the self-extracting .exe:

Packed data CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006
Edition - Extended).vhd

CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006 Edition -
Extended).vhd

Any ideas?

As far as I can see the downloads of the part01.exe and part02 to part05.rar
files are okay.  I have downloaded them 3 times now on different machines.
But I cannot be sure.  I just wish Microsoft would put md5 checksums as well,
so I could be certain my 5 files downloaded correctly.  If anyone could
supply the checksums, I would be grateful (then if any of mine are wrong, I
can just keep downloading until I get the right values).

I've searched the web, and no-one else seems to have problem generating the
..vhd from the 5 self-extracting rar files.  And as these files have been
available for a while (and hence I assume have not been changed) I wonder if
the problem is elsewhere.

I would be gratefully for any ideas as to what to do next.

BTW: I have plently of disk space.  So it is not that.

Regards,
Stephen

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I've had the same problem. I think someone at MS screwed up the
download files.

0
nop
6/28/2007 6:53:48 PM
I have experienced the same issue more than once. I unfortunately found
the only way to resolve this is by downloading the files again.

Henry

Henry E. McCallum Jr. | Sr. Consultant, CRM Practice | ePartners
202.436.6992 (Mobile)      703.488.3102 (Office)         270.342.4707
(eFax)
mailto:hmccallum@epartnersolutions.com (email & MSMessenger)

Posted At: Thursday, June 28, 2007 2:02 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.crm
Conversation: Extracting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC vhd
Subject: Extracting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC vhd

[...]

6/28/2007 7:07:33 PM
Just to clarify, the current files have only been there for two days.
The original VPC expires on 6/30/2007. They just put up the "extended"
version two days ago. When I first downloaded it on the 26th, I got a
mixture of the old and new files. Yesterday that seemed to be fixed,
but then I got the CRC error. I've reported the issue to them.

0
nop
6/28/2007 7:12:42 PM
On Jun 28, 3:07 pm, "Henry McCallum", "Jr."
<hmccal...@epartnersolutions.com> wrote:
> I have experienced the same issue more than once. I unfortunately found
> the only way to resolve this is by downloading the files again.

Hmmm...well, I've downloaded the whole set three times and the two
problem files a couple more. Every time it's the same two files that
have the problem (part 3 and 4). That seems like quite a coincidence.
I guess I'll try one more time...

0
nop
6/28/2007 7:15:50 PM
I had the same issue with those same files multiple times. I finally
downloaded them again from home. There is no rhyme or reason to it, but
it worked.

Henry

Henry E. McCallum Jr.�| Sr. Consultant,�CRM�Practice�| ePartners
202.436.6992�(Mobile)����� 703.488.3102 (Office) ������� 270.342.4707
(eFax)
mailto:hmccallum@epartnersolutions.com (email & MSMessenger)

Posted At: Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:16 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.crm
Conversation: Extracting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC vhd

On Jun 28, 3:07 pm, "Henry McCallum", "Jr."
<hmccal...@epartnersolutions.com> wrote:
> I have experienced the same issue more than once. I unfortunately
found
> the only way to resolve this is by downloading the files again.

Hmmm...well, I've downloaded the whole set three times and the two
problem files a couple more. Every time it's the same two files that
have the problem (part 3 and 4). That seems like quite a coincidence.
I guess I'll try one more time...

0
Henry
6/28/2007 8:05:07 PM
Thanks for the reply guys - that makes me feel much better.  It was files 3
and 4 for me as well.

I'm downloading from the UK.  Perhaps the lag across the pond is just too
great???

Regards,
Stephen

"Henry McCallum" <Henry McCallum>, "Jr." wrote:

> I had the same issue with those same files multiple times. I finally
> downloaded them again from home. There is no rhyme or reason to it, but
> it worked.
>
> Henry

> Henry E. McCallum Jr. | Sr. Consultant, CRM Practice | ePartners
> 202.436.6992 (Mobile)      703.488.3102 (Office)         270.342.4707
> (eFax)
> mailto:hmccallum@epartnersolutions.com (email & MSMessenger)

I emailed Microsoft, but no reply yet.

However, I notice the download page has been removed.

If anyone from Microsoft is reading - please could you update us on what is
happening.
Will the VPC be re-introduced?

Regards,
Stephen

"Stephen M. Bennett" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply guys - that makes me feel much better.  It was files 3
> and 4 for me as well.
>
> I'm downloading from the UK.  Perhaps the lag across the pond is just too
> great???
>
> Regards,
> Stephen
>

> "Henry McCallum" <Henry McCallum>, "Jr." wrote:
>
> > I had the same issue with those same files multiple times. I finally
> > downloaded them again from home. There is no rhyme or reason to it, but
> > it worked.
> >
> > Henry

> > Henry E. McCallum Jr. | Sr. Consultant, CRM Practice | ePartners
> > 202.436.6992 (Mobile)      703.488.3102 (Office)         270.342.4707
> > (eFax)
> > mailto:hmccallum@epartnersolutions.com (email & MSMessenger)

On 2 jul, 11:58, Stephen M. Bennett
<StephenMBenn...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I emailed Microsoft, but no reply yet.
>
> However, I notice the download page has been removed.
>
> If anyone from Microsoft is reading - please could you update us on what is
> happening.
> Will theVPCbe re-introduced?
>
> Regards,
> Stephen
>

> "Stephen M. Bennett" wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply guys - that makes me feel much better.  It was files 3
> > and 4 for me as well.
>
> > I'm downloading from the UK.  Perhaps the lag across the pond is just too
> > great???
>
> > Regards,
> > Stephen
>
> > "Henry McCallum" <Henry McCallum>, "Jr." wrote:
>
> > > I had the same issue with those same files multiple times. I finally
> > > downloaded them again from home. There is no rhyme or reason to it, but
> > > it worked.
>
> > > Henry
>
> > > ==============================================================
> > > Henry E. McCallum Jr. | Sr. Consultant, CRM Practice | ePartners
> > > 202.436.6992 (Mobile)      703.488.3102 (Office)         270.342.4707
> > > (eFax)
> > > mailto:hmccal...@epartnersolutions.com (email & MSMessenger)

Hi,

The link has been removed from Microsoft Download Center due to issues
with extraction of files 3&4.

The rar files are being re-created for the moment.  What i heard, this
could take some time before they are back online.

Check the Microsoft Download site & Microsoft CRM team blog

HTH,

Frederic

0
Frederic
7/4/2007 7:59:12 PM
Hi Stephen,

I get the same error when I try to install it on FAT32 partition. Try it on
a NTFS partition and I think it will work. I think the problem is, that the
extracted file is larger than 2GB and that is not supported on FAT32.

Regards,

-JG-

"Stephen M. Bennett" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Help please...I've struggled all day with this.
>
> I need a copy of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration,
> released May 2006.  I have downloaded the 5 files, from the Microsoft
> downloads site, but I cannot extract.  I get the following two error
> messages, when I run the self-extracting .exe:
>
> Packed data CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006
> Edition - Extended).vhd
>
> CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006 Edition -
> Extended).vhd
>
> Any ideas?
>
> As far as I can see the downloads of the part01.exe and part02 to part05.rar
> files are okay.  I have downloaded them 3 times now on different machines.
> But I cannot be sure.  I just wish Microsoft would put md5 checksums as well,
> so I could be certain my 5 files downloaded correctly.  If anyone could
> supply the checksums, I would be grateful (then if any of mine are wrong, I
> can just keep downloading until I get the right values).
>
> I've searched the web, and no-one else seems to have problem generating the
> .vhd from the 5 self-extracting rar files.  And as these files have been
> available for a while (and hence I assume have not been changed) I wonder if
> the problem is elsewhere.
>
> I would be gratefully for any ideas as to what to do next.
>
> BTW: I have plently of disk space.  So it is not that.
>
> Regards,
> Stephen

I have been using an NTFS partition. I don't think that has anything
to do with it.

0
nop
7/6/2007 9:00:53 PM

"Frederic @ Traviata" wrote:

Has the VPC been reposted. I cannot find any reference to it anymore? If it
is available what is the link? I have searched Microsoft downloads and
Partnersource?

Bill Walter

> Hi,
>
> The link has been removed from Microsoft Download Center due to issues
> with extraction of files 3&4.
>
> The rar files are being re-created for the moment.  What i heard, this
> could take some time before they are back online.
>
> Check the Microsoft Download site & Microsoft CRM team blog
>
> HTH,
>
> Frederic

Cannot load Microsoft Publisher 2003
I previously had it on my computer but had some computer problems and had to uninstall it. Now I cannot reinstall it on my computer. Gets halfway thru the installation and stops and says error and install could not be completed. This puzzles me because I had it on earlier and it worked fine. Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301&Product=off2003 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.a...

CRM customization steps
1. When I open an account form, I would like to auto number the new account with the max account number +1. Can some one give me a script to do this? I am a newbie at CRM and have been given this task. 2. I also need to add a custom field on opportunity form. What are the steps to do this? Thank you. First, I highly recommend getting some training and seriously considering bringing in some consulting assistance. Implementing CRM correctly is not something one just picks up. Many people on these groups have failed trying to do it themselves. Auto-numbering is best done with a Pre-C...

verifying microsoft email accound
how do I get into my microsoft email account to verify it ...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

How to repair Microsoft Exchange System Objects?
Can you help me repair enries in Microsoft Exchange System Objects? I tried forestprep etc, but nothing. Thank You What's exactly broken dude? Oliver "Kucho" <Kucho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED4B861D-94D1-4B31-A81C-238AA70AEDDE@microsoft.com... > Can you help me repair enries in Microsoft Exchange System Objects? I > tried > forestprep etc, but nothing. > Thank You Thank yoy for reply, but I resolve problem. The public folders wasn't mail enabled. After setting mail enabled they show in Microsoft exchange system objects. Th...

Where to download Microsoft Virtual Machine?
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to download Microsoft Virtual Machine? and what the different is between Microsoft Virtual Machine and Java Virtual Machine? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric skrev: > Does anyone have any suggestions on where to download Microsoft Virtual > Machine? and what the different is between Microsoft Virtual Machine and Java > Virtual Machine? > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/ Kindly Mac IT technician told me to download Microsoft Virtual Machine f...

Using Microsoft Money 2006 for Small Business
I am looking for software to run my business finances and to work with my acountant for tax time. How does Money compare to something like Quick Books? Money 2006 Small Business does not directly compare to QuickBooks. But you might want to look at Microsoft Small Business Accounting: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX011956881033.aspx -Mark "Merphie" <Merphie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E812F406-A708-4535-AB9F-DDEE29B7D156@microsoft.com... > I am looking for software to run my business finances and to work with my > acountant for tax time. ...

Error when running reports (CRM 3.0)
Hi! We're having the following problem: When clicking on "Run Reports" from a client computer, we get a "The page cannot be displayed" error. We already verify the Report Server and everything seems to be OK. We also have tested on the Virtual PC CRM Demo from Microsoft and got the same error. We noticed that the problem seems to be in the built URL, which is, for example: "http://localhost/reportserver?%2fMaeil+Consultores_MSCRM%2fLead+Source+Effectiveness" We think that it shouldn't be there "localhost" (this is why it works on the SQL...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

CRM 1.2 Too Slow to be usuable
This application is just to slow to be usable in a production environment. If a user has not done a query recently, it takes 2-3 minutes to bring up data. This makes it useless, for all intents and purposes, live while on the phone. Do you have any third party tools added to CRM? "John" wrote: > This application is just to slow to be usable in a production environment. > > If a user has not done a query recently, it takes 2-3 minutes to bring up > data. > This makes it useless, for all intents and purposes, live while on the phone. > Nope. This is an out-o...

Re: using microsoft publisher
I'm new to making flyers. There is a template which permits you to insert 3 photos and add you own text. Once I get to this screen I can't add my info. Can someone please help me get to the next page? Which version of Publisher are you using? Which template? What steps are you doing? I'm sure someone here can help if you provide a bit more information. JoAnn "linda" <lindasivilich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a5001c3d3ee$20dbd1a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm new to making flyers. There is a template which > permits you to insert 3 photos and...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Getting the bitmap OLE Object from Microsoft Access database table
Hi, I have bitmaps attached to Microsoft Access table. I need to read the Access table and get the bitmap. Im able to get to the record and get the field value using GetFieldValue() which returns as a COleVariant. How can I get the bitmap and palette(CPalette) information. Im using MFC and C++ Will appreciate any help/suggestion with the above. Thanks MA Jeff, Please provide the attachement. Thanks MA "Jeff Partch [MVP]" wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I have bitmaps attached to Microsoft Access table. I need to read the > Access > > table and get the bi...

Try on these security package which came from Microsoft Corporation
--cgtnywmeyrq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="robtqufxxkhqf"; type="multipart/alternative" --robtqufxxkhqf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="boxlpelahiiuqh" --boxlpelahiiuqh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Grouping view in Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hi It's possible to group or count a view in Grid in CRM 3.0. When I create new view in Advance Phonecall I don't see any grouping or counting fileds. In grid I have: Subject | State Task 1 1 Task 2 1 Task 1 1 Task 1 1 and I want: Subject | State Task 1 3 Task 2 1 Thanks, Andrej Answered in Dev group. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Andrej" <Andrej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D049221E-F7E9-4531-9098-0C6BB14D8BA0@microsoft.com... Hi It's possible to grou...

microsoft word for mac 2008 #2
this is for taz. I read a message you put out about the overtype feature on word. i am very used to using this as I have just switched to a mac from a pc. i do medical transcription and i used this feature a whole heck of a lot on my job. it saves me a ton of time. I have figured out how to put the overtype icon on the menu so that i can click on it with the mouse to turn it off an on. I turn it off and on atleast 500 times a day. i am constantly typing over names and dates and this feature came in handy. not sure if i'm going to like having to use the mouse to turn it off and on. ...

"Microsoft Office 2000 patch for Microsoft CRM" 02-10-04
I have a full set of Beta and NFR cds but I dont have the alleged "Microsoft CRM Supplemental CD for Office 2000." Has anyone got a copy of "Microsoft Office 2000 patch for Microsoft CRM" I'd like it to test a problem I have with the sales client, many thanks -- Tony Foster GoldMine Support Consultant FrontRange Certified Professional Profita Limited www.profita.co.uk For my situation is we got 5 cds for ver1.0 and 7cds for v 1.2. There should be a cd is what you want. >-----Original Message----- >I have a full set of Beta and NFR cds but I dont have th...

CRM and Security
The Microsoft recommendations <Securing Your Database Server> for securing SQL Server installations are – among others – to: • Use named instances • Only allow TCP/IP for remote connections • Restrict protocols to TCP/IP • NOT to use dynamic ports or the default ports for SQL Server’s listener • Configure Windows Firewall on the SQL Server to block the default SQL Server Listener ports (TCP 1433 and UDP 1434 and only allow the custom configured port If you follow these – may I add: sound – recommendations your Microsoft CRM installation will not work! According to the installation gu...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

Microsoft Outlook2003
I think i did cliked on something and them i tryed to set up again and now i have an old version of outlook how can i get the newer version reinstalled ...

MICROSOFT MONEY 2002
SOME HOW I HAVE LOST MONEY 2002.BUT STILL HAVE THE WORKS WORKING.I HAVE TRIED MY REINSTALL DISKS,REINSTALLING IT FROM ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS.I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO.IT WAS PUT ON MY COMPUTER WHEN I BOUGHT IT.HELP!!! where the HELL are you people coming from? "PAMELA" <pammydolittle@coxd.net> wrote in message news:101101c378b8$39603db0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > SOME HOW I HAVE LOST MONEY 2002.BUT STILL HAVE THE WORKS > WORKING.I HAVE TRIED MY REINSTALL DISKS,REINSTALLING IT > FROM ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS.I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO > DO.IT WAS P...

Extract Text
Dear all I have this text in a field: 200701-I 200701-II 200701-III 200701-IV and I need to separate only the data after the six first data: -I -II -III -IV How can I do it? Thanks a lot!!! Andr=E9. Take a look at Access HELP for the Mid() function. Open a query in design view and add a new field something like: NewField: Mid([YourField],7) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ <gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:11893397...