Extracting Data from CRM

Hi All,

We have just acquired a company which we are in the process of
integrating into our IT infrastructure.

Both organisations currently have CRM running i need to do the
following:

1. Extract SALES data from one system and import it into the other.

2. Extract SERVICE data from one system and import it into our 3rd
party helpdesk software.

Has anyone had any experience of this or have any suggestions as to how
it might be done?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

0
cjclifford
6/24/2005 2:21:09 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

use data migration for crm

"cjclifford@ntlworld.com" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have just acquired a company which we are in the process of
> integrating into our IT infrastructure.
>
> Both organisations currently have CRM running i need to do the
> following:
>
> 1. Extract SALES data from one system and import it into the other.
>
> 2. Extract SERVICE data from one system and import it into our 3rd
> party helpdesk software.
>
> Has anyone had any experience of this or have any suggestions as to how
> it might be done?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris

Use Scribe Insight for Microsoft CRM from www.scribesoft.com ; or get a
Scribe partner who is also MSCRM Certified to do it for you

<cjclifford@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> We have just acquired a company which we are in the process of
> integrating into our IT infrastructure.
>
> Both organisations currently have CRM running i need to do the
> following:
>
> 1. Extract SALES data from one system and import it into the other.
>
> 2. Extract SERVICE data from one system and import it into our 3rd
> party helpdesk software.
>
> Has anyone had any experience of this or have any suggestions as to how
> it might be done?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris

0
Peter
6/24/2005 3:50:30 PM
I would recommend looking at Scribe or look into the SDK and writing some custom
imports.  There aren't many other options as the DMF won't work that well in
this case due to the existing data.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 24 Jun 2005 07:21:09 -0700, cjclifford@ntlworld.com wrote:

Hi All,

We have just acquired a company which we are in the process of
integrating into our IT infrastructure.

Both organisations currently have CRM running i need to do the
following:

1. Extract SALES data from one system and import it into the other.

2. Extract SERVICE data from one system and import it into our 3rd
party helpdesk software.

Has anyone had any experience of this or have any suggestions as to how
it might be done?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

0
Matt

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

Running CRM client as normal user. Getting SQL errors (offline mode)
Hi there, I'm at a company where they have a policy to not make users administrator. Also I have administrator rights, but no access to CRM, so I can install the client, but that's about it. Several of the users have gotten an offline installation but now get the message 'Action microsoft.crm.config.common.install databaseAction create database permission denied in database master'. Any idea how to solve this? Also have 1 or 2 with a 'SQLDumper library failed initialization. Your installation is either corrupt or has been tampered'. Please uninstall then re-run set...

sort data
i am trying, unsuccessfullty, to sort some data (a small example is below) so I can graph it. I want to put it into a pivot table format but don't want calculations, just the actual data. any ideas??/ Location DATE Result WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 19-Jul-05 0.83 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 23-Jun-05 0.8 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 28-May-05 1.16 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 02-May-05 0.93 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 06-Apr-05 0.66 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 11-Mar-05 0.59 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 13-Feb-05 0.54 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 18-Jan-05 0.62 WAT002WA ALBANY TOP 09-Mar-07 0.73 ...

Matching call data based on date, time and number called to give c
I have the following two tables on different sheets, both containing other information within them that is irrelevant in my question. SHEET 1 Date - Time - Number Called Duration Cost 01/02/10 09:05:21 01234123456 02:16 0.50 SHEET 2 Date - Time Number Called - Duration Extension 01/02/10 09:07:56 01234123456 02:15 1234 01/02/10 15:30:45 01234123456 01:59 1234 Sheet 2 HAS A LOT MORE RECORDS THAN SHEET 1 AND THERE ARE A NUMBER OF CALLS TO THE SAME NUM...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

CRM 1.2 Too Slow to be usuable
This application is just to slow to be usable in a production environment. If a user has not done a query recently, it takes 2-3 minutes to bring up data. This makes it useless, for all intents and purposes, live while on the phone. Do you have any third party tools added to CRM? "John" wrote: > This application is just to slow to be usable in a production environment. > > If a user has not done a query recently, it takes 2-3 minutes to bring up > data. > This makes it useless, for all intents and purposes, live while on the phone. > Nope. This is an out-o...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

data migration of cdf tables to crm
hi, i am trying to implement crm for an organisation. the cdf tables for both accounts and contacts are ready and data is present int he info tables.but the next step of migration is not happening. executing the migration.exe tool shows process completed in the log but verifying the migration_info table shows "not processed" against the corresponding rows.it is not showing any errors but still not migrating. please help. i can use all the help i could get. thank you. "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94FD56E3-3B28-43D...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

Replicated AD in CRM
Hi, We have a potential client but need to clarify somthing. This company has a branch overseas, and another here in Melbourne Australia. Their AD is based in the overseas branch, the AD here is replicated with the one overseas. The overseas branch has Sieble and the Melbourne branch is wanting to install the Microsoft CRM. How will this work with the AD being replicated? When we do the install will we need to do anything with the AD in the overseas branch? Any help muchly appreciated. Thanks. Can you clarity your domain structure. Does the overseas branch use the same domain as the...

queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compar
I have a project to complete where the end user wants me to write several queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compare them to data in another using access. He also needs a report written based on the findings of which data meets certain criteria within those queries. I think the report part will be pretty easy, but can someone give me some suggestions on what would be the best way to create the queries in access? Thanks Da Chosen One On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:22:01 -0800, Da Chosen One <Da Chosen One@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You...

sending data to com port
Hello, I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? Need sample code, please. Thanks :) See this article on codeproject..it covers up most of the stuff... http://www.codeproject.com/system/serial_com.asp - Parhar "Eitan" <no_spam_please@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uVpJFP87DHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) > How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? > Need sample code, please. > > Thanks :) > > See the "CSerial" class from Tom...

Data............Group
if I group columns and hide the columns with the + is it possible to give the diferent groups names where they are listed at the top left 1, 2, 3. Not quite sure what you want, but maybe.... View|Custom Views would allow you to hide/show the groups the way you want. Esrei wrote: > > if I group columns and hide the columns with the + is it > possible to give the diferent groups names where they are > listed at the top left 1, 2, 3. -- Dave Peterson ...

MIGRATING INVOICES INTO CRM
Hi everyone! I have a problem. I need to migrate several invoices to MSCRM, but using accounts and products already on CRM database, but i don't know how to do it. I tried to do it "write-in" accounts and products, and it works. May somebody help me out? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. You need to use the SDK to load the Invoices. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "bass hacker" <basshacker@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140657411.262338.256250@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... Hi everyone! I have a problem. I need to migrate se...

data points #3
I have a scatter chart with the following info : sales price, square footage, and subdivision. With the x and y axis being sales price and square footage. There are some entries where i will have several sales in one subdivision and i would like all those points to show up in the same color. How do i get several points to show up in the same color instead of excel assigning each entry a new label? Include all the related points in the same data series, rather than as a different data series for each point. -- David Biddulph "affordablegreen" <affordablegreen@discussion...

Fill text boxes with data from another text box
I have a form that has two sections. Section 1 has orginator name, address, city state, zip. Section two has owner name, address, city, state, and zip. If orginator and owner are the same, I want to just hit a button or check mark to copy data from section one to section two. Can this be done, and how would you do it. Thanks for your help- Porkchop. Porkchop, To copy data from one control (and, hence, field, if the form control source is set to the name of a field in the form's underlying record source), put the following in the AfterUpdate event procedure of the checkbox: If ...

Compile data from several workbooks
I have multiple workbooks for different projects. they are all in separate sub folders. Within each wookbook is a worksheet I call Bug. The Bug sheet pulls the data from that workbook which I need in a separate master workbook. I want to pull the data from every Bug worksheet into my master workbook without having to open each file to force it to update. I can do it cell by cell using a direct link but that is a lot of work. I have compiled a list of each workbook including the path. I can use that path and get the data using =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(2,3,,,F3) where F3 is the path. ...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Recovering Data from MDBDATA
My Server is now not up... As My Global Catalogue Server just crashed. I tried level best to make another but whole effort just was a waste.... Problem is now I have made another server with New Domain. (New One) . How can I retrive mails from MDBData File of the Previus Server. -- Zeshan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1020038.html www.ontrack.com/powercontrols -- John Oliver, Jr...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

data consistency check
How can we perform a data consistency check/fix on the information store and the directory in exchange 5.5 running on a windows 2000 server. Is here any harm in running any tool. Pls advise. Thanks. What is the problem your seeing? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "khan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Repeat data from previous records in a form
I am creating a a form for data entry and want to know if there is a way to repeat data in fields from the previous record (or default to previous record). For example, I user has 100 entries - I would like to set up the form so they do not have to enter their ID each time they enter a record. When you hold the ctrl key and click the apostrophe key ' access copies the contents of the same field from the previous record. This assumes that the new record immediately follows the old record so you may have to sort the source table and requery it after each time a new record is inserted...

CRM Outlook Setup
I've been struggling to get the outlook client setup. The configuration wizard finds the CRM server but then validates all the pre-requisites have been met. It keep telling me that it failed to determine whther Microsoft outlook has been initialized. Im using outlook 2007. It's fairly urgent I solve this but im at a loss as to what to do. Shot in the dark: is it possible you never activated Office 2007? Did you make sure that the user already had an Outlook acount set up? Is the user a local admin on the machine? "Anonymous Bosch" wrote: > Shot in the dark: ...