External Error - No Such Object On Server, DC problem?

Dear all,
recently, we dropped a domain-control (Other DCs remain), other servers and
clients can work well, but the CRM System  cannot work, the dialog will
appear that (External Error - No Such Object On Server. "The selected object
could not be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and
Active Directory.")

Then I reinstalled SQL server (and use sp_attachDB to attach the original
CRM databases). Then reinstalled the CRM Server 1.2 software.

After that, the problem remains. I want to know
(1) Which object ? (2) where to verify? (3) How to correct?

Please urgently help me. Because all coleagues are waiting for me to start
the CRM server again.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm afraid you need to restore your DC where your CRM Users are located.

CRM depends on the SID's of that to work hand in hand with SQL and CRM itself.

HTH

"goldenshine" wrote:

> Dear all,
> recently, we dropped a domain-control (Other DCs remain), other servers and
> clients can work well, but the CRM System  cannot work, the dialog will
> appear that (External Error - No Such Object On Server. "The selected object
> could not be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and
> Active Directory.")
>
> Then I reinstalled SQL server (and use sp_attachDB to attach the original
> CRM databases). Then reinstalled the CRM Server 1.2 software.
>
> After that, the problem remains. I want to know
> (1) Which object ? (2) where to verify? (3) How to correct?
>
> Please urgently help me. Because all coleagues are waiting for me to start
> the CRM server again.
HI isalgado
I'sure your are right. But can you please give me more details? How to do it?
Where is the SID ? How to change in CRM?
Thanks.

"isalgado" wrote:

> I'm afraid you need to restore your DC where your CRM Users are located.
>
> CRM depends on the SID's of that to work hand in hand with SQL and CRM itself.
>
> HTH
>
> "goldenshine" wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> > recently, we dropped a domain-control (Other DCs remain), other servers and
> > clients can work well, but the CRM System  cannot work, the dialog will
> > appear that (External Error - No Such Object On Server. "The selected object
> > could not be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and
> > Active Directory.")
> >
> > Then I reinstalled SQL server (and use sp_attachDB to attach the original
> > CRM databases). Then reinstalled the CRM Server 1.2 software.
> >
> > After that, the problem remains. I want to know
> > (1) Which object ? (2) where to verify? (3) How to correct?
> >
> > Please urgently help me. Because all coleagues are waiting for me to start
> > the CRM server again.
Okay, Be aware that CRM 1.2 rely heavily on Active Directory (AD).

When an object is created in AD (Business Unit, Teams, Users) the created
objects has a System ID (SID) that goes with it. In turn, when you install
CRM 1.2, CRM  gets these SID and stores them in CRM Database in a form of
GUID to relate that such objects/records (Account, Contact, Lead, etc) are
related to a certain Business Unit, owned by the Logged User/Creator of the
record etc...

So if you removed the AD entries or the Domain Controller as a whole,
therefore the CRM system would not be able to resolve the securities and ties
that goes with it.

Only way for you to salvage the data is to restore the DC then read the
Implementation Guide and Redeployment plan before doing anything
drastic/major again...

It is a good practice that you or the administrators always have a backup of
the DC and SQL :)

Hope this helps :)

"goldenshine" wrote:

> HI isalgado
> I'sure your are right. But can you please give me more details? How to do it?
> Where is the SID ? How to change in CRM?
> Thanks.
>
> "isalgado" wrote:
>
> > I'm afraid you need to restore your DC where your CRM Users are located.
> >
> > CRM depends on the SID's of that to work hand in hand with SQL and CRM itself.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > "goldenshine" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear all,
> > > recently, we dropped a domain-control (Other DCs remain), other servers and
> > > clients can work well, but the CRM System  cannot work, the dialog will
> > > appear that (External Error - No Such Object On Server. "The selected object
> > > could not be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and
> > > Active Directory.")
> > >
> > > Then I reinstalled SQL server (and use sp_attachDB to attach the original
> > > CRM databases). Then reinstalled the CRM Server 1.2 software.
> > >
> > > After that, the problem remains. I want to know
> > > (1) Which object ? (2) where to verify? (3) How to correct?
> > >
> > > Please urgently help me. Because all coleagues are waiting for me to start
> > > the CRM server again.
Dear isalgado,
Thank you very much. Actually, if I turn on the OLD DC, the CRM can work.
But this OLD DC is conflicting with another DC , and we decided to give up
this OLD DC. (Because the other DC with other systems are more importent.).
So, I'm sure you are right. The only thing is I hope I can directly change
the SID. But I dont know where and how to change.
Currently I have given up any effort and is establishing the New CRM system.
This is a time-consuming job and will waste some days.   And maybe I'll lost
my job.

==================================
isalgado write:

"isalgado" wrote:

> Okay, Be aware that CRM 1.2 rely heavily on Active Directory (AD).
>
> When an object is created in AD (Business Unit, Teams, Users) the created
> objects has a System ID (SID) that goes with it. In turn, when you install
> CRM 1.2, CRM  gets these SID and stores them in CRM Database in a form of
> GUID to relate that such objects/records (Account, Contact, Lead, etc) are
> related to a certain Business Unit, owned by the Logged User/Creator of the
> record etc...
>
> So if you removed the AD entries or the Domain Controller as a whole,
> therefore the CRM system would not be able to resolve the securities and ties
> that goes with it.
>
> Only way for you to salvage the data is to restore the DC then read the
> Implementation Guide and Redeployment plan before doing anything
> drastic/major again...
>
> It is a good practice that you or the administrators always have a backup of
> the DC and SQL :)
>
> Hope this helps :)
>
> "goldenshine" wrote:
>
> > HI isalgado
> > I'sure your are right. But can you please give me more details? How to do it?
> > Where is the SID ? How to change in CRM?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "isalgado" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm afraid you need to restore your DC where your CRM Users are located.
> > >
> > > CRM depends on the SID's of that to work hand in hand with SQL and CRM itself.
> > >
> > > HTH

Don't frown... There might still be a way... But it would really be a tedious
task...

Try going through the Redeployment, study how CRM can be redeployed. There
are also lots of people in this newgroup that have had same problems and I
think some of them were able to fix it...

I suggest that you backup the database and DC first, then ISOLATE the
Network with it. That is, create your own environment. and find way to be
able to MAP the OLD DC SID to the NEW SID, then try redeploying it...

You'd get good help from the experts in here :) Hope you'd be able fix
that... You can do it! :) Have a great day today!

"goldenshine" wrote:

> Dear isalgado,
> Thank you very much. Actually, if I turn on the OLD DC, the CRM can work.
> But this OLD DC is conflicting with another DC , and we decided to give up
> this OLD DC. (Because the other DC with other systems are more importent.).
> So, I'm sure you are right. The only thing is I hope I can directly change
> the SID. But I dont know where and how to change.
> Currently I have given up any effort and is establishing the New CRM system.
> This is a time-consuming job and will waste some days.   And maybe I'll lost
> my job.
>
> ==================================
> isalgado write:
> Okay, Be aware that CRM 1.2 rely heavily on Active Directory (AD).
>
> When an object is created in AD (Business Unit, Teams, Users) the created
> objects has a System ID (SID) that goes with it. In turn, when you install
> CRM 1.2, CRM  gets these SID and stores them in CRM Database in a form of
> GUID to relate that such objects/records (Account, Contact, Lead, etc) are
> related to a certain Business Unit, owned by the Logged User/Creator of the
> record etc...
>
> So if you removed the AD entries or the Domain Controller as a whole,
> therefore the CRM system would not be able to resolve the securities and ties
> that goes with it.
>
> Only way for you to salvage the data is to restore the DC then read the
> Implementation Guide and Redeployment plan before doing anything
> drastic/major again...
>
> It is a good practice that you or the administrators always have a backup of
> the DC and SQL :)
>
> Hope this helps :)
>

> "isalgado" wrote:
>
> > Okay, Be aware that CRM 1.2 rely heavily on Active Directory (AD).
> >
> > When an object is created in AD (Business Unit, Teams, Users) the created
> > objects has a System ID (SID) that goes with it. In turn, when you install
> > CRM 1.2, CRM  gets these SID and stores them in CRM Database in a form of
> > GUID to relate that such objects/records (Account, Contact, Lead, etc) are
> > related to a certain Business Unit, owned by the Logged User/Creator of the
> > record etc...
> >
> > So if you removed the AD entries or the Domain Controller as a whole,
> > therefore the CRM system would not be able to resolve the securities and ties
> > that goes with it.
> >
> > Only way for you to salvage the data is to restore the DC then read the
> > Implementation Guide and Redeployment plan before doing anything
> > drastic/major again...
> >
> > It is a good practice that you or the administrators always have a backup of
> > the DC and SQL :)
> >
> > Hope this helps :)
> >
> > "goldenshine" wrote:
> >
> > > HI isalgado
> > > I'sure your are right. But can you please give me more details? How to do it?
> > > Where is the SID ? How to change in CRM?
> > > Thanks.

Move Mailbox errors
I'm currently migrating from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. We're in a native mode Windows 2003 AD. I am migrating about 500 mailbox from a standalone Exchange 2000 to a WIndows 2003 / Exchange 2003 Active/passive cluster configuration. Mailbox moves have been going great up until yesterday. While moving the users in the normal way,2 mailboxes hung at 100%. In the "state" column, it says: "Saving changes to the directory". I let it sit at this stage for more than 10 hours. I then have to cancel the task, then it says cancel running tasks, and this wil...

Erratic Connections to Email Servers
I use Outlook2000 for all email activity. I connect to several different email servers daily. Everything works fine except for one account (hosted by register.Com). After connecting to the email server, incoming mail works fine, but outgoing mail is "strange". Mail in my Outlook Outbox created in a previous session goes out fine. But mail in that same Outbox created during the current session "just sits there". The workaround is to close the session after completing new and replies and restart Outlook. Register.com support admits that there are problems wit...

Outlook 2003 rules and junk mail problem
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, and I have a rule that moves email sent to a particular address to a particular folder other than the inbox. The problem is that when this rule is active, the junk mail filter does not work. If I uncheck this rule the junk mail is filtered, but mail isn't moved to the correct folders. Does anyone know how to fix this? On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:49:41 -0800, "dnank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, and I have a rule >that moves email sent to a particular address to a >par...

8207 Errors on Exchange 2003
Hei! I've got some 8207 error on my Exchange 2003 Server. All the information I find on this error message on TechNet relates to Exchange 2000. The server Viernuten is the second Exchange 2003 server in the organization and both servers is installed with Exchange SP1. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8207 Date: 03.09.2004 Time: 10:30:53 User: N/A Computer: VIERNUTEN Description: Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine VIERNUTEN. The error number is 0x8004010f. Can anybody help me? Regards, Kjetil...

Ithaca Itherm 280
If both POS & Manager are both open the receipt won't print & we get error: "Invaid Operation 425: The printer cannot be accessed. It may be locked by another application." Printer sharing is checked in configuration in Manager. Runing OPOS driver on the Ithaca. Running Windows XP. We run only one terminal & have to close Manager to check out every customer. Have updated the driver to OPOS version 1.6 per tech support instructions - problem persistw Kathryn, You may try opening the POS screen first (always) then open manager. They seem to share better that ...

Problems importing rdl's into CRM web client
I have several rdl's (reports) that I need to import into CRM. When I click on Report, Report Type Existing File, then I select the report that I want, then I complete the section categorization. etc... When all this is done, I click on the Save & Close button, but when I do that I get the Error Msgbox from CRM. I an however able to view all my reports in the report manager, they all work fine. Does anybody had a similar experience? Thanks. What is the error message? Does this happen with all CRM Users including CRM Admin? Try to login via CRM Admin and see if same error is pr...

Outlook Open gives error
Hi guys , we are working on citrix servers with HP Thin clients as the clients. When somebody attempted to open the outlook the following error was thrown . Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook.Unable to open the outlook window.The set of Folders could not be opened .The service is not available . plz help Regards Julian ...

stop error when booting up
when i boot up my laptop each morning a crash at the windows xp boot screen occurs. does this about 4 times before it completes to desktop window. Been getting Bios not fully ACPI compliant blue screens and today i got a stop error screen STOP: 0X0000007E(0XC000001D, 0XF736E425,0XF790E9C0) ACPI.sys. Address: F736E425 base at F7358000, Datestamp 48025b1 also after it does get to desktop screen it may freeze to a blank screen after 10 mins. or so. ...

SQL Server 2005: 'Global' stored procedure
Hi In instance of MS SQL Server 2005, we have several databases. In every database we have one or several stored procedures (SP), which are run as jobs by SQL Server Agent, or are called by some other SP. One of latter is an SP, which sends e-mails when some critical event happens (let's name it SendAlert). It gets addressat and message text as parameters from calling procedure ( EXEC dbo.SendAlert @FromAddress, @ToAddress, @SubjectString, @Message, 'htmlbody', @output_mesg = '', @output_desc = ''). So long I have this SP in every database sepa...

sfo error 07-30-04
Hi, I have problem with crm outlook i can't use the disconnected mode Thanx for ur help neto: you're going to have to provide some details if you expect anyone to be able to help you. Dave "neto" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:701201c47615$8a5f7900$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have problem with crm outlook > i can't use the disconnected mode > Thanx for ur help Hi everybody I'm getting this error on the first time I'm tryng to synchronise to go offline: (it's in french but i try to translate it) "c...

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

Trying to leave copy of message on server
Hi, I run Outlook 2002 on 2 computers. When I check the box to "leave a copy of message on the server" (for retrieval on the other computer as well), it unchecks itself when I exit Outlook. Happens on both computers. Any help is appreciated. TIA, Greg ...

SBS Backup problem
Hi, I have a customer box - SBS2003. The overnight backup is just failing, the logs say nothing. A manual backup works fine. The entry in the log is below: "11/02/2010 23:30 ------------------------------- Date: 11/02/2010 Time: 23:30 User: SYSTEM ------------------------------- Backup Runner started. Launching NTBackup: ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Backup\Small Business Backup Script.bks" /d "SBS Backup created on 11/02/2010 at 23:30" /v:yes /r:no /rs:no /hc:off /m normal /j "Small Busines...

Why am I getting this VBA error?
I'm getting error 13 "type mismatch" when I run the below code. I've tested it on a small new excel sheet and it work fine. There are no other macros in my excel sheet so no conflicts. Any ideas? I'm trying to hide all rows were the value in column A of that row is blank / 0. Sub blank_rows() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim wb As Workbook Dim hide_rw As Long Application.EnableEvents = False Set wb = ActiveWorkbook Dim end_row As Integer For Each ws In wb.Worksheets end_row = ws.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row 'this assumes the last value...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

Error saving contact created from within an Account
Hi, We have the following problem, when we create a Contact from within an Account, the Contact for is displayed with the filled in mapped fields. When we try to save the contact we get the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Argumen...

Msgsrv32 error
Hello, I'm using Publisher 97 in Win '98 (an excellent mix I might add). Anyhow, just today I started to receive an error message on starting up the program and trying to open a file. I get Msgsrv32 "an error has occured in your program. To keep working anyway ... blah blah." Close - Ignore No more specific than that cryptic message. First time I've received it. Any ideas how I can get rid of it? Thanks! :) This is not a Publisher issue, more than likely you are having a driver problem. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

Access is Denied errors
We have had our Exchange inplementation in place for years now, never running any database maintenance. I recently began running eseutil /d and isinteg monthly on each message store to keep it healthy. However, after running these for the first time on Message Store 1 & Message Store 4 (in Storage Groups 1 & 2 respectively) we are experiencing several odd issues: 1. Our backups (using BackupExec) are showing errors indicating Access is Denied, though the size of the backup correlates to the size of the message stores 2. A handful of users are unable to open recurring appointment...

Outlook 2003 Settings Client/Server
Hi, I wanted to know specifically what settings in Outlook 2003 lik whether the reading pane is turned on or off on a particular folder ar store on the Exchange Server or the local client. When I log ont another machine and create my outlook profile, it seems to store t keep the reading pane settings I configured on the previous computer was using. Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Error 800401F
Thanks in advance for the help, all. Just this morning a user reported an error when they hit Send/Receive; "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" I've since found that everyone gets this error when they do a manual Send/Receive. All mail is still flowing in and out, but I'm getting this in my Sync log; "12:13:45 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 12:13:45 0X8004010F" It seems I'm unable to get the Offline Address Book even when I try to download it man...

Moving contacts From Microsoft Exchange System Objects to a new pc
We are running exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 domain controller. Within the Exchange Manager, under the Microsoft Exchange System Objects folder, we have a lot of contacts. Does anyone know of a way to move just these contacts without having to just renter them all manually. I know that we can export the list of contacts, but it doesn't carry their information with the list. We are setting up a new server with exchange 2003 and we don't want to move anything over but these contacts. Thanks. On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:48:09 -0800, Holcomb.frank <Holcombfrank@discussions.microsoft...

Network problem
I have Access 2000 on a peer to peer network on Windows XP with the back end on my colleague's computer. Until ten days ago I could open a form linked to the back end from my computer, but now I always get the message 'It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. ' I have found that the problem does not apply to other programs such as Word and Excel, and when I tried opening another mdb in a different folder I got a message that it is outside my intranet or on an untrusted site.. I have raised this before and was advised to look...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Excel Error Message #4
I use Excel 2000. Getting an error message while trying to do a simple sort ?? 'This Operation Requires The Merged Cells To Be Identically Sized' --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Krispy One (or more) of your cells must be merged with others. Generally, try to avoid using merged cells as it does cause problems such as this. Your best bet is to unmerge the cells concerned and try again. Select the whole range, and go to Format / Cells / Alignment and clear the Merge Cells option. Andy. "Krispy >" <<Krispy.1027a6@excelforum-nospam.com> wrot...