expand CRM database

could we expand CRM database and add more fields?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

Yes this is possible. This is called customization in crm and is possible
for all the normal entities like contacts, accounts, opportunities, leads
etc. Microsoft created a tool called 'Deployment manager' for this which is
delivered with the application.

With kind regards,
Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"shm" wrote:

> could we expand CRM database and add more fields?

All Outlook CRM Tracked E-mails Copy to One Specific CRM Account?
An unusual occurance in CRM. All e-mails received to Outlookand then promoted, or Tracked as the button is now labled, are being copied to one particular Account that is unrelated. The e-mail are copied correctly to the history of the desired, defined, accounts and Contacts, but also copy to this one particular e-mail as well. As anyone seen anything like this and have any ideas what could be wrong? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM ...

CRM Slowing Down/Locking Up Outlook
So, I seem to be having an issue where Outlook performance is suffering with the CRM loaded up. It continually locks up and I have to Ctr-Alt-Del to close it and then reopen. And when I have an email with an attachment, it can take as long as a minute to get the email to open, appearing to once again lock up, but ultimately to open. Anyone else experiencing this issue? ...

CRM Implemeter Job in Kuwait
A leading IT Company in Kuwait is interested to recruit qualified applicants for CRM Implementers & CRM Developers positions: - Minimum 2 years Experience MS CRM 3.0. - Minimum 2 years experience .Net developer C#.net,VB.net, SQL Server 2000/2005. - Good Communication Skills All CVs to be sent to ansa_shanab@hotmail.com. ...

Is it normal for a pst file to expand when imported into an ost fi
I had a 2+GB pst file that when imported into my exchange cached environment grew to approximately 20GB. Of course this wreaked havoc on the user's mailbox, and I am now having synchronization and all kind of wierd problems. I guess my first question is, is it normal for a pst file to grow on import? Also, on that import, is it possible for the original pst file to become corrupt, or smaller after the import. I fear that I may have lost some messages in the import In news:88546C4E-0213-4C63-A237-DBF5280576B3@microsoft.com, BookerW <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> typ...

DPM 2010 RC Database location
I have a fresh install of DPM 2010 RC up and running and it seems to be working OK, but I keep getting an alert telling me that the DPMDB size is exceeding the threshold. It tells me the location of the DB is C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\DPMDB, but the database is located in a completely different location. I am using a seperate SQL 2008 server for DPM and the database is not located on drive C, and it is set to auto grow, any ideas? Thanks a lot for bringing this into our notice. We are tracking this as a bug in our database. "jjakober" <jjakober@discus...

Expanding Folders #2
I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items" sub-folders. Thanks in advance for your assistance tubbfan <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote: > I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't > figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the > "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items...

Access to CRM data for partners
Hello I wanted information on how can i set up CRM 4.0 in such a way that my partners can access CRM data/information. They should also be able to update and create new records, which will have to get updated onto the CRM system - What is the best way to achieve this. - What are the licensing issues involved - How do i control access rights for my partners. thank you you need the "external connector". price should be less than 4k The features sould be found at microsoft.com -- ______________ closing and rating answers is a good habit and helps the community. please make it s...

Update Rollup 2 CRM 1.2
Hi, I search documentations, links, informations, ... about the tools : "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.AdminTool.exe", "MSCRMBUConstraintTool.exe", and "CrmAdRecovery.exe", which are installed in "\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin", with the "Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM Server 1.2" (KB904435) And also for a tool called "crmadchecker.exe". Thanks for your reply. Gregory. ...

Database Meltdown after iPhone Sync
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Went ahead and tried doing the iCal/Entourage/iPhone sync and my troubles began. WOrked great for 24 hours, then starting encountering unknown errors - Damon has to quit, need to rebuild database, then cannot open database, then could not get the database utility to open, etc. <br><br>Tried restoring database from Time Machine, turned off sync, etc. No go. Removed Office completely and reinstalled, for a short while I could reopen the restored database, but quickly could not open ...

CRM Email Warning
Hello. I have a user that appears in the CRM email window when composing an email. It doesn't seem to hinder their email capabilites but was just curious if anyone else has experienced it before; 'The email below might contain script or content that is potentially harmful and has been blocked. Unblock' Thoughts, he says it mostly happens when he pastes some text in from MS Word. Thanks, ...

CRM 3 and source control
I'm a .Net developer trying to start working with CRM 3.0. I am facing a existential doubt of how to mantain Development, Test and Production separated environments, managing versions, etc... Could anyone tell me how could source control be made with this system. I mean as we have the application and the data tied up together, how could be recovered some old version without screwing up the data? Thanks in advance. ...

MSSQL$CRM
What MSSQL$CRM service. What does it for? What will happen if I stop this proccess It's required for CRM Outlook Client for Laptop. (offline enabled) The CRM Outlook Client installs a MSDE on the laptop for synchronization of CRM data. The CRM user will be able to access his CRM records when the laptop is'Offline' "Rock3" <Rock3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42417B48-CB0A-4BB9-873E-1D4089C0FA2A@microsoft.com... > What MSSQL$CRM service. What does it for? What will happen if I stop this > proccess So, if I stop this process, I won&...

CRM 4.0 Distribute Campaign Activity Button not showing
When we go into a Marketing Campaign with a Marketing list of Contacts and create a Campaign Activity be it a Phone Call, Email, Email Merge etc and save it the CRM 4.0 Distribute Campaign Activity Button does not display / is not avalible to click to distribute. We have tried it with the user having the CRM System Administrator Security role but no change. Any ideas? Thanks The Campaign had been created as a template campaign. Once it was copied to a Campaign the distribute button was avaliable. "B" wrote: > When we go into a Marketing Campaign with a Marketing list o...

Expand Tag Along
hi, how can i expand the tag along item ,that the cashier can select the tagged item from a list of items (choose a gift for customer sold free with an item). thanks ...

problem (bug?) using =HYPERLINK in database query column?
Im trying to create an hyperlink inside the results from an sql query. If I type the text manually into a cell, as in: =HYPERLINK("HTTP://www.slashdot.org", "View") it works fine (that is, it shows as "View" underlined, just like a hyperlink, and when I click it, it opens the browser. However, if this text is the column text of an SQL query (by using the Database Query feature) , it displays incorrectly (it shows the "=HYPERLINK..." text, instead of the friendly name text, but oddly enough, it shows underlined. Futhermore, clicking it does nothing. T...

CRM 3.0 and Faxing
I recently upgraded our systems CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. I was using Omnirush to handle all of our faxing from CRM. However it has come to my attention that Omnirush is not yet supported by CRM 3.0. Have any solutions been found that integrate w/ 3.0? Most importantly supports batch faxing I have not heard of any faxing solutions on v3 yet. However you may find omnirush works. Sometimes code from 1.2 can work on v3. Its a long shot but i recommend you at least try to run the 1.2 solution ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm <...

Multiple entries in CRM Contacts when viewed from Outlook
Hi everyone, We have an odd problem going on here with this. When we create a new E-mail in Outlook, select the To button and the CRM Contacts, it brings up the list of contacts from CRM that we can select from. All good so far. The problem is that each contact appears several times and it's different for different users. For example, every contact appears 6 times for me. It makes for a very long list. All of them are valid and any one of those 6 can be selected and the address will be correct and it will track against the correct contact. Other users have anywhere from the correc...

Oulook, Expand/Collapse How to setup from Expand all the time.
It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact. Need help on this on. Ernie You can set that in the view settings. While in the view in question go to the View menu > Current View > Customize Current View > Group By dialog and set the expand/collapse setting at the bottom "Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF7CD991-6AA9-47A8-8B5A-4F601176399C@microsoft.com... > It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact. > Need help on this on. > Ernie ...

CRM 4.0 Trial Key
Does anyone know where we can get the trial key to install MSCRM 4.0? Thanks Duc If you have access to the download you have access to key - it is in readme Pete "Duc, Nguyen" <DucNguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:159C8F13-9827-4EE1-A368-96D4D3E05151@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know where we can get the trial key to install MSCRM 4.0? > Thanks > Duc On Dec 2, 11:18 am, Duc, Nguyen <DucNgu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know where we can get the trial key to install MSCRM 4.0? > Thanks > Duc If you&...

Track in CRM
We have a customer that we upgraded from 1.2. They are running Outlook 2003 and Microsoft CRM 3.0.5300. On occasion when they compose an email and click "Track in CRM", the emails appear to get stuck in the Outbox and under "Sent" there is no date, it just states "None". Has anyone ever seen this before, I know this has happened to me before, but not when I click "Track in CRM", so any feedback would be extremely appreciated. Jack Bender By chance does the user have Outlook set to not send emails automatically; but only after they click sen...

html in database
hello, i'd like to store text in an database and generate html files with the text stored in the database. i use dom to generate an xml file and render it using xsl. i use the following code to render the xsl file. XmlTextWriter output = new XmlTextWriter("myHtmlFile.html", System.Text.Encoding.Default); XmlUrlResolver resolver = new XmlUrlResolver(); XMLGenerator gen = new XMLGenerator(); XmlDocument doc = gen.getObjectAsXML(); XslTransform transformer = new XslTransform(); transformer.Load("myStylesheet.xsl"); transformer.Transform(doc.CreateNavigator(), null,...

Automatically Expanding the GL Transaction Entry Grid
Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used on the payables transaction distribution window, namely: scrollexpandswitch.value = 1 But I got an error when it ran. -- Charles Allen, MVP Using VBA, that is. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Charles Allen" wrote: > Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL > Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used > on the payables transaction distribution window, namely: >...

Expand folders
Hello NG, does somebody know how to configure outlook 2003 that all subfolders of the inbox will be expanded after starting outlook? I think OL2003 saves your views automatically - in other words, if you want them all expanded, the easiest way is to have them all expanded when you close OL, they'll be just like that when you open it again... Unless there's more to this question? HTH JeffG On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:10:59 +0100, "Thomas Frisch" <thfrisch@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello NG, > >does somebody know how to configure outlook 2003 that all subfolders of...

Issue printing from CRM Report Viewer
G'Day All, I have an interesting one. Over the Christmas period, a client began to have issues with the CRM report viewer asking to download code from the SQL server. Once it downloaded the user received "unable to load client print control" error message. Initially, thought the KB 956391 had been installed, but couldn't find any reference to it, on the user machines or on the server. The issue is with the CRM report viewer as when I generate the reports from within reporting service, HTTP:\\crm\reports, and request it to print (after it renders), it prints correctly. If ...

Database Reference Formula Help
Let's try this again. I posted this earlier, but somehow my reply never appeared to the original even though a successful confirmation appeared.... So, we'll give it another try. I have a question and answer database that I am maintaining. Each question has an ID number. Additionally, each answer for the question has other relevant questions linked to that answer. What I want to do is to create a column in this database that will tell me for each question ID, what other questions it's linked to, so when it comes time to change a question or answer, I know whic...