Executing specific files at a certain time of the day.

Do you know of any software that can be programmed to
launch certain files at certain times of the day?

For example:

At 9:00am it will execute 900am.exe and at 9:30am it will
execute 930am.exe and so on.

I am looking for any software or custom program that can
launch any file I choose at the time that I choose.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give,

Mike
0
Mike
7/3/2003 3:20:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can use scheduled tasks, which is provided by windows, on the control
panel.

"Mike Smith" <mike@wn2000.com> wrote in message
> Do you know of any software that can be programmed to
> launch certain files at certain times of the day?
>
> For example:
>
> At 9:00am it will execute 900am.exe and at 9:30am it will
> execute 930am.exe and so on.
>
> I am looking for any software or custom program that can
> launch any file I choose at the time that I choose.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help you can give,
>
> Mike

0
Mark
7/3/2003 3:50:02 PM
You can use the task scheduler.
launch help on your machine and do a search on scheduler.

the program is under accessories, system tools

"Mike Smith" <mike@wn2000.com> wrote in message
> Do you know of any software that can be programmed to
> launch certain files at certain times of the day?
>
> For example:
>
> At 9:00am it will execute 900am.exe and at 9:30am it will
> execute 930am.exe and so on.
>
> I am looking for any software or custom program that can
> launch any file I choose at the time that I choose.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help you can give,
>
> Mike

0
John

Program stops executing
I have an instance such that any VB program will not work on a certain PC. It used to, but now the VBNET2005 generated executable will now not execute. I have tried creating a simple project with just a form on it with Hello World in a textbox and even that will not execute in runtime. There is no question of the framework not being installed because it comes standard in the Windows XP SP2 and I have SP3 installed on the PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DotNet framework and this has NOT resolved the issue. Can anyone please shed some light on this matter for me a...

Outlook 2003 hangs all the time :-(
After I upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003, Outlook has become very unstable and keeps hanging. At the moment it hangs with Send/Receive status showing 3%. Any tips on what to do to sort this out. Thanks -- JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM) www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk I had this very same issue awhile ago. It turns out that you have to uninstall Office XP 2002 before you Install Office 2003. >-----Original Message----- >After I upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003, Outlook has become very >unstable and keeps hanging. > >At the moment it hang...

Email file corrupt?
Yesterday I somehow managed to erase the boot sector from my HD and it took a whole day to recover my partitions which were left fully intact. My system had been in hibernation mode before that, but when I got back to the windows desktop I found I was frozen out (even task manager wouldn't come up) and I had no alternative but to reset. Problem was, outlook express was open when I hibernated. When I reset, I started outlook and all seemed fine. A couple of hours later though, I started getting GPFs (or whatever XP calls them) when I tried to reply to email, or double click one to view ...

Problem opening serialized file via Open command associated with file type
I have an SDI MFC application that produces a serialized project file via CObject's serialization support. The application can read the file from within the application just fine. The installer registers the program and the file extension properly and associates the file type with the application. However, when I double click on the project file, the application generates an "Unexpected File Format" message. Is there a method in the document class that needs to added to handle this functionality? I want to try and debug the problem but not sure how to invoke the debugg...

Changing the Money 2004 data file a Pocket PC uses
I have Money on my Pocket PC. I was satisfactorily synchronising with Money on my desktop. I had to change the data file on the desktop. Having done that, I deleted the old data on the Pocket PC. However, when I go to load from the new file, only one Money Account (eg Visa, Cash, etc. shows up in the list from which to select those to synchronise - Investments to Watch. (On the page found by selecting 'Microsoft Money' in the list in ActiveSyn.) Can anybody save me the $50 minimum Microsoft wants to charge me? (Which is a bit stiff given that Money 2004 is not a product...

How can I calculate my daily time?
Hello!! I need help! I am trying to calculate my daily time in Excel and the SUM keeps displaying !ERROR! I would like to create a spreadsheet that would let me input when I clock in for the day, clock out for lunch, clock back in etc. etc. Is there a way I can do this that will not be a big pain?? Thanks in advance for any body's help!! using Ron's excellent add in available here http://www.rondebruin.nl/ and asking for time clock in the subject line http://tinyurl.com/7mxlz -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "hcommet" <hcommet@discuss...

Inserting files into excel worksheets
Why is there no option for inserting an files into an existing Excel worksheet similar to the option forinserting files into Word and PowerPoint files. I work for a CPA firm and this would be a valuable feature feature. "ccwies" <ccwies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFC33867-4C40-45F8-89E0-540ABD94AC3C@microsoft.com... > Why is there no option for inserting an files into an existing Excel > worksheet similar to the option forinserting files into Word and > PowerPoint > files. I work for a CPA firm and this would be a valuable feature feature...

Opening an excel file using a script
Hi, I have created a spreadsheet containing some macros. I need to write a script of some sort that could run the spreadsheet (allowing the macros to run) on a scheduled basis. does anyone know how I can do this? also, is there a way of the system opening an excel spreadsheet without actually visibly doing so (no MS Excel being open etc)? the macros int he sheet refresh data from an external source, and email a specified user. thanks in advance, Matt -- matpj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ matpj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

DoEvents and Execution
I'm using AC2003. I have FormA which has two subform controls on it which do not have a SourceObject assigned to them. I do that in the form_open event, see below. What I'm trying to do is to open a simple OneMomentPlease form that has several colored labels used to indicate progress. As I understand it, a DoEvents statement should force all statements prior to it to execute before any following statements to execute. However, it's not working that way. When FormA is opened it runs through all statements. Each sourceobject contains a fairly complex chart and ta...

Execute As
Greetings. I have 2 Databases with 2 different sets of users, and thus 2 different sets of permissions. Certain actions on Database A fires a trigger that executes a stored procedure on database B. If the user in Database A doesn't have permission on Database B, then the procedure fails, and the User gets an error. I have been experimenting with the EXECUTE AS function, but it doesn't seem to work as I had expected. Can anyone give me some tips or point me in the direction of some holiday reading material? Thanks in advance. Matthew Vandermolen Solutions Architecht Worktec...

delivery to pst file slow
I have 5 emails clients at a remote site that use pst file to mail storage. It appears their emails are taking approximately 23 minutes to download from the server. Message tracking shows the email arrive at the store instantly, but they are delayed to the pst files. Anyone else have any problems like this. A On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 09:58:49 -0600, "Auddog" <will_k@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have 5 emails clients at a remote site that use pst file to mail storage. >It appears their emails are taking approximately 23 minutes to download from >the server. Message t...

How to screen a specific users outbound emails
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I need to find a solution that enables me to screen a specific users outbound emails, preferably before they leave the exchange server destined to the recepient to prevent confidential info leakage. The user must not be able to detect that this is going on. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks, Peter Mueller On 21 Oct 2005 07:34:18 -0700, pmueller@rogers.com wrote: >Hello all, >I am running exchange 2003 and I need to find a solution that enables >me to screen a specific users outbound emails, preferably before they >leave the...

Print an item message for specific ILCs
Is there a way to do conditional printing of an item message on the receipt? I need to print a "No Exchanges or Refunds!" message below any item description from a specific category. The tag along item doesn't work because it throws of the quantities on the receipt and reports etc and clutters the receipt. If the above is not possible how about a message towards the bottom of the receipt? I'm assuming you dont already know this, but you probably do. Yes you can put a simple refunds or exchanges clause at the bottom of your reciepts. You can use the Footer lines i...

EDB File keeps increasing
Exchange Server : 2003 SP1 My Server Disk space is almost full. I have around 60 users with maximum storage limit of 50 MB which means max. storage space reqd for 3 GB. But I see the priv1.edb has already grown to 6 GB. Because the disk space was almost full and the exchange info store got dismounted automatically, as a result I had to enable circular logging. But I see my priv1.edb has grown to 8 GB now and again disk space problem would be coming.I am worried it would again dismount the information store . On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:04:14 +0530, "Sudeep" <sudeepbatra@yahoo.c...

Mem Usage increase while while executing dialog box
Dear All, Hope I have posted to the correct topic area. Need some help here. 1. I have created a simple dialog box using Visual Studio C++ 6.0, the dialog box contains an multiline read-only Edit Box, a Start Button and a Stop Button. 2. When the Start Button is clicked, the program will execute and the Edit Box will just print out the following text - "Line XX", where XX is the number 3. Problem is that when the program is executed and using Windows Task Manager to monitor the process, there is a high usage of Memory (ranges from 3636K to as high as 40000K). 4. Question ...

Difficulty saving files to "D" & "E" drives?
Whenever I try to save fiels to my removable disk drives (D & E) it says that I don't have access to them. that I have to see the administrator. This is my personal home computer. Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever version of Windows you're using. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "lobo" <lobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72BCB01B-...

Server execution failed
Am trying to play WMV clips. I keep getting Server Execution Failed messages. What's the fix? Thanks. -- James Never mind. Fixed it by running a registry cleaner. Odd. -- James "James Ko" <iamwho@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:uhbKodidKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Am trying to play WMV clips. I keep getting Server Execution Failed > messages. What's the fix? Thanks. > > -- > James ...

time question
I need to create or modify an existing time format. I need to be able to use the h:mm:ss format without the am/pm. This format is used for a timing script and does not need to be associated with clock time. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to configure this? Thanks Select your cells, choose Format/Cells/Number/Time and select the appropriate format (in my version, it's 37:30:55). Or, equivalently, you can choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom and enter [h]:mm:ss in the textbox. The brackets tell XL's display engine not to "roll over" the hours after 24. In artic...

i received a file that reads powerpoint document file file exten.
HOW DO I OPEN THIS FILE Hi if you dont' have powerpoint you can download a view off the microsoft website (www.microsoft.com) ... do a search there for "powerpoint viewer" - you will find 2, one for 97/2000/2002 users and one for 2003 users Regards JulieD "CCAROLACEREC" <CCAROLACEREC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65940EB0-C58D-40D7-A5AD-9AE6DF037FD7@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I OPEN THIS FILE ...

.sit added extension on .doc word files?
hello there, I have recently been unable to open word documents that have been saved and sent as attachments to my office email. They appear as the document name.doc.sit. I know the .sit is related to Stuffit expander, but am not sure why this gets added to these documents and further prevents them opening? I'd be very grateful if someone could help me out on this one! Sincerely, mfabello@sympatico.ca You should be able to expand them using StuffIt Expander (free), from <http://www.stuffit.com/expander/> I don't know why all of the attachments sent to your office e-mail ac...

finding specific day in range
I am OK with some Adv Beg excel techniques. But I am not sure how to get the next step done. I do a monthly schedule in grid format in excel, names down the left (A-column), and Dates across the top(row-2). I have set up a template to auto fill the date each time I enter the new date for the month in the cell A1 range "DAY" is C2 to AG2. This starts at C2 with "=A1" then in C3 "=(c2+1)". This is formated to show text days of the week "ddd". In the lower rows for each person a letter is used to indicate where they are to work for this day. Some letters ar...

Exch 2003 Std SP2
The priv1.stm file exploded from 4 GB to 30 GB over night (priv1.edb is 4 GB). I've changed deleted items retention to 0, changed to circular logging, have done full backup, run maintenance every night, and have done an offline defrag with eseutil /d, but the file size remains the same. The filesize increase was caused by a 5+MB Non-delivery message repeatedly returned by postmaster@verizon.net. We got hammered with thousands of these messages before I could block it at the firewall. Any suggestions on what I can do to reduce the .stm filesize? -- Marty You have to allow Info...

8.11 MB Excel File Won't Open
Part of my job requires me to upkeep various Excel files that detai Utility Pole Contacts here on the South Central Oregon Coast. M largest file (now 8.11 MB) has always opened slow and never reall bothered me. Now, it won't open at all. I've tried all of the typica remedies to include deleting the temporary internet files and using th Excel Viewer with no luck. Is there anyway to discover if the file ma be corrupted without having to spend $80.00? Thanks in advance for an advice. Stephe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Almost forgot.....using Microsoft Office ...

Show hours worked or Text "Day Off"
I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of hours worked during the week. The formula is =IF(OR(B23="",C23="",D23="",E23=""),"Day Off",(TEXT(B23,"h:mm AM/PM")&" - "&TEXT(C23,"h:mm AM/PM") &" "&TEXT(D23,"h:mm AM/PM")&" - "&TEXT(E23,"h:mm AM/PM"))) The columns track the In and Out times, Column B is In, Column C is Out, Column D is In, Column E is Out. This works great when there are no hours worked or there is a time in all 4 columns. It will give...

Running ISE to create a new file
When I try to run ISE to create a new file from the PS prompt: > ise newfile.ps1 I get an error that the file does not exist, which then proceeds into editing an untitled ps1 file. What I'd like it to do is create the new file if it does not exist. I'm sure that there's a simple way to do this, but I can't seem to find it. I suppose I could create a script or function to do it, but I would think that ISE could do this on its own. Suggestions would be appreciated. > Suggestions would be appreciated. Something like this maybe below... Now, oddly, I...