Exchange Router setup/Setting More than one Exchange Server up in one organisation with two active directories?

Forgive the version difference, but on Exchange 2003 is there a way to
install a secondary Exchange Server on a different domain and somehow have
it routed to from the other domain or act as a connector to be able to see
those emails without removing them? I don't know enough about routing on
Exchange to figure if its capable.

Or perhaps I need to utilise a different registered email domain and I
should use this for testing instead of trying to somehow route emails from
one to the other? eg instead of companyname.com I could use
companynamecrm.com or something.
Would I still want to setup some kind of connector though to the main domain
controller to limit traffic or replication or would setting it up seperately
be just as valid.

At the moment I have a two way external trust and I have a CRM application
that requires Exchange but it has to be in the same domain as the other
server unfortunately for CRM. I have two forests with domains, they are both
on the same subnet and connected by trust.

Also can I get away with installing this on Active Directory controller for
the new domain or is this advised against?
Its not a recommended spec for this application of course, but I wondered if
we could just run it this way, or maybe perhaps the unsupported installation
of CRM server holding the Exchange Server as it is with SBS - as Im being
pressured about the number of servers we have, or utilise an older slower
server as an Exchange Server in the new domain - which I want to avoid.
Otherwise I may have to scrap my plan of the trust which otherwise works,
and perhaps install directly into our existing domain/AD.
`

At the moment at least I need the original emails to remain on the original
domains servers. Is there a connector that allows me to install Exchange
2003 on the other server to effectively have access to those emails?

Tony

0
TonyF
7/29/2004 1:19:57 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I found some resources if any use to anyone.

There are some details on the IG, but the best is probably the planning
guide
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9FC3260F-787C-4567-BB71-908B8F2B980D&displaylang=en
and deployment guide
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=271E51FD-FE7D-42AD-B621-45F974ED34C0&displaylang=en
for Exchange 2003.

Looks like its possible via SMTP connector, but I may just leave this as a
test environment perhaps with a seperate Exchange and router installation
for now, or with unresolved seperate smtp subdomain forwarding from the
other server. I am not QUITE sure what this means but no doubt will have to
find out.

Tony

0
TonyF

shade one cell that will shade multiple cells
I want to shade one cell that would go into other cell by it's self Not easy to do. You will require custom VBA code to do that. Are you Ok with macros? -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Walt" wrote: > I want to shade one cell that would go into other cell by it's self > ...

Settings for viewing PPT presentation in Word Doc
One of my users has been receiving MS Word docs with embedded PPT presentations and viewing them just fine. She recently felt the need to change "something" in the latest Word doc and now she only sees the first slide - double clicking does not start the slideshow. Others in her office can access the document and the presentation works fine. It appears that she inadvertantly changed some setting in her Word options that govern how an embedded PPT file works. She is using Office 2007 and I can't find anything. Her project is going to continue at least another 10 mo...

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

Exchange Cluster

T4 and R1 boxes setup
It would be really usefull to have more flexibility on the T4/R1 boxes setup (Income and benefit paycodes). It is not all 'fixed setup' that are applicable to the Canada/Quebec rules. It has been mentionned by a couple of customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Exchange

Configure regional settings and language from access VBA
Hi all i build automation in access that updates the data base one of the problem i bumped is that if the regional setting are on other language beside english it will raise an error indicating on the characters is there an option to stablize the automation to the relevant the language that the windows use ((for example i had problem when the language in the regional language settings was on german ...

Easy return of one item
Hello, Am I missing something or do I really have to put every item on a receipt on an invoice to return one item. Say there is 100 line items on a receipt. How can I easily specify one line? Thanks, Brian Using the "Recall for return" function, you are going to get all items from the transaction as you have seen. You can delete items from the return ( if you have the proper cashier rights ) , but you can't select which item from the transaction you want before recalling it. You can just switch a blank transaction into return mode, then add the single item being returned....

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Highlight a Row Depending on Active Cell Using Button?
Is there a way to highlight a row within a range when a cell is active? The highlight needs to maintain the shading even though it is no longer active. I've seen code on this site using Worksheet Change Event but I was wondering if there was a way you could do this by a Command Button so the user can highlight particular rows by clicking on a button. For example, the user is on cell A5, clicks on the button and it highlights Row A5:AV5. The code is the same as what you saw in the worksheet_change examples just that it goes in a normal subroutine. Your example would be: Sub HiLiteIt() Ra...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

SQL Server 2008
Hi: I realize that these newsgroups are mostly for technical discussions. So, if it's more appropriate to point me to another site for answers to the questions that I'm about to ask, then please do so. I just learned that there is going to be a SQL Server 2008. I am a certified DBA (MCITP) for SQL Server 2005. Will there be an exam upgrade path from 2005 to 2008? Does anyone out there have any certification information for 2008, even though 2008 is not out yet? Will the SQL Server 2005 MCITP certification expire anytime soon? More importantly, will there be compatibility ...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

Set RowSource
Is it possible to set the RowSource for a ComboBox based on a condition? For ComboBox1 I would like to set the RowSource as follows: If ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("FR Launch Sheet").Range("B3") = Sat then Rowsource would be 'Routes'!$E$2:$E$61 If ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("FR Launch Sheet").Range("B3") = Sun then Rowsource would be 'Routes'!$H$2:$H$61 If ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("FR Launch Sheet").Range("B3") did not equal Sat or Sun then Rowsource would be 'Routes'!$B$2:$B$61 Hi ...

antigen on exchange #2