Exchange Connector 08-15-05

We have recently moved CRM from a 2K box to a new 2003 box.  Since
uninstalling and reinstalling the Exchange connector we have been getting the
below platform error.  Exchange is 2003 and on a seperate box.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Microsoft CRM
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	2
Date:		8/15/2005
Time:		3:03:53 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	CRM
MSCRM Platform Error Report:
Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An
error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 401 Access

Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.

Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP
status: 401 Access Denied.

Source File: D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h

Line Number: 47

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Apologies... I meant to add that the error is occuring when any user sends
email through the web interface.

"Matt" wrote:

> We have recently moved CRM from a 2K box to a new 2003 box.  Since
> uninstalling and reinstalling the Exchange connector we have been getting the
> below platform error.  Exchange is 2003 and on a seperate box.  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Event Type:	Error
> Event Source:	Microsoft CRM
> Event Category:	None
> Event ID:	2
> Date:		8/15/2005
> Time:		3:03:53 PM
> User:		N/A
> Computer:	CRM
> MSCRM Platform Error Report:
> Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An
> error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 401 Access
>
> Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
>
> Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP
> status: 401 Access Denied.
>
> Source File: D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
>
> Line Number: 47
>
> Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
>    at
> System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
>    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
> completedSynchronously)

Make sure anonymous access has been granted on the IIS virtual directory of
the CRM router. I believe it won't work otherwise.

Regards,
Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"Matt" wrote:

> Apologies... I meant to add that the error is occuring when any user sends
> email through the web interface.
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > We have recently moved CRM from a 2K box to a new 2003 box.  Since
> > uninstalling and reinstalling the Exchange connector we have been getting the
> > below platform error.  Exchange is 2003 and on a seperate box.  Any help
> > would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Event Type:	Error
> > Event Source:	Microsoft CRM
> > Event Category:	None
> > Event ID:	2
> > Date:		8/15/2005
> > Time:		3:03:53 PM
> > User:		N/A
> > Computer:	CRM
> > MSCRM Platform Error Report:
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An
> > error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 401 Access
> >
> > Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
> >
> > Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP
> > status: 401 Access Denied.
> >
> > Source File: D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
> >
> > Line Number: 47
> >
> > Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
> >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
> >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
> >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
> >    at
> > System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
> >    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
> > completedSynchronously)

I have verified this, but still the problem persists.  Thanks for the input
though!

Matt

"Rob Bakkers" wrote:

> Make sure anonymous access has been granted on the IIS virtual directory of
> the CRM router. I believe it won't work otherwise.
>
> Regards,
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > Apologies... I meant to add that the error is occuring when any user sends
> > email through the web interface.
> >
> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> > > We have recently moved CRM from a 2K box to a new 2003 box.  Since
> > > uninstalling and reinstalling the Exchange connector we have been getting the
> > > below platform error.  Exchange is 2003 and on a seperate box.  Any help
> > > would be greatly appreciated!
> > >
> > > Event Type:	Error
> > > Event Source:	Microsoft CRM
> > > Event Category:	None
> > > Event ID:	2
> > > Date:		8/15/2005
> > > Time:		3:03:53 PM
> > > User:		N/A
> > > Computer:	CRM
> > > MSCRM Platform Error Report:
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An
> > > error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 401 Access
> > >
> > > Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
> > >
> > > Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP
> > > status: 401 Access Denied.
> > >
> > > Source File: D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
> > >
> > > Line Number: 47
> > >
> > > Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
> > >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
> > >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
> > >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
> > >    at
> > > System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
> > >    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
> > > completedSynchronously)

Could you turn off httpfriendly errors in internet explorer and browse to the
srf file of the CRMRouter
(http://<exchangeserver>/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.srf). Maybe a more
detailed error is shown.

You can also try to reinstall the CRMRouter, which isn't that much work.

Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"Matt" wrote:

> I have verified this, but still the problem persists.  Thanks for the input
> though!
>
> Matt
>
> "Rob Bakkers" wrote:
>
> > Make sure anonymous access has been granted on the IIS virtual directory of
> > the CRM router. I believe it won't work otherwise.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Rob Bakkers,
> > Avanade Netherlands
> >

> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> > > Apologies... I meant to add that the error is occuring when any user sends
> > > email through the web interface.

We've actually tried both of those solutions with no success.  On the srf
browse we are getting the same 401 access denied error that CRM throws out,
just less graphical obviously.

Matt

"Rob Bakkers" wrote:

> Could you turn off httpfriendly errors in internet explorer and browse to the
> srf file of the CRMRouter
> (http://<exchangeserver>/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.srf). Maybe a more
> detailed error is shown.
>
> You can also try to reinstall the CRMRouter, which isn't that much work.
>
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > I have verified this, but still the problem persists.  Thanks for the input
> > though!
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > "Rob Bakkers" wrote:
> >
> > > Make sure anonymous access has been granted on the IIS virtual directory of
> > > the CRM router. I believe it won't work otherwise.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Rob Bakkers,
> > > Avanade Netherlands

If you look in the security log, does it say anything in there (eventviewer).

Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"Matt" wrote:

> We've actually tried both of those solutions with no success.  On the srf
> browse we are getting the same 401 access denied error that CRM throws out,
> just less graphical obviously.
>
> Matt
>
> "Rob Bakkers" wrote:
>
> > Could you turn off httpfriendly errors in internet explorer and browse to the
> > srf file of the CRMRouter
> > (http://<exchangeserver>/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.srf). Maybe a more
> > detailed error is shown.
> >
> > You can also try to reinstall the CRMRouter, which isn't that much work.
> >
> > Rob Bakkers,
> > Avanade Netherlands
> >

> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> > > I have verified this, but still the problem persists.  Thanks for the input
> > > though!
> > >
> > > Matt

Thanks for all your help Rob.  Earlier this morning we put a support call in
to Microsoft, and finally got them to pop in and take a look.  Turns out we
had set up everything exactly the same way the Microsoft tech did except for
one thing.  The tech that I had doing most of the leg work set it up using a
host header, but did not create an alias for that header on the DNS server.
As far as I know everything else was the same.  Either way, it works just as
it did before now.  I appeciate all tips though just the same.  Take care.

Matt

"Rob Bakkers" wrote:

> If you look in the security log, does it say anything in there (eventviewer).
>
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > We've actually tried both of those solutions with no success.  On the srf
> > browse we are getting the same 401 access denied error that CRM throws out,
> > just less graphical obviously.
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > "Rob Bakkers" wrote:
> >
> > > Could you turn off httpfriendly errors in internet explorer and browse to the
> > > srf file of the CRMRouter
> > > (http://<exchangeserver>/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.srf). Maybe a more
> > > detailed error is shown.
> > >
> > > You can also try to reinstall the CRMRouter, which isn't that much work.
> > >
> > > Rob Bakkers,
> > > Avanade Netherlands

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Exchange / POP3

Make table query 01-05-08
I have text files whic are imported into tables, I have specified that the datatype is text. when i run a query based on the table it returns the results, sometimes i will run a make-table query and depending on the imported file i will get a "data type mismatch" even though they are all text fields!! On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:13:09 -0000, "Jays" <jayes33@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have text files whic are imported into tables, I have specified that the >datatype is text. when i run a query based on the table it returns the >results, sometimes i will run a...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Outlook to Domino connector; setting default email account
Hi, I'm using the Outlook to Lotus Domino/Notes connector to access our calendar system and contacts. But I use an IMAP account for receiving and sending mail. The problem is that even though I have set the IMAP account to be the default account, all new mail, (when I choose " New Mail message") is sent via the domino server. If I click the "Accounts" drop down button the first name on the list is Outlook Connector for Domino, but the IMAP account is listed as account number 1, and the Outlook connector for Domino is listed as number 2. Any suggestion swould be...

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...

Restore Exchange...help!!!!
My 'broken' Exchange2003\win2003 server (not DC) had it's partitions labelled...'system' for C:\, 'Exchange' for D: and 'logs' for E:. How important is it I label the new Exchange server drives the same before the restore (I am not sure of the EXACT names!!!) Also my log files were all on drive D:\ (the only things on that drive) do I need to restore them too...they may not be exactly in sync with the other data being restored? Finally, what part of my 'Exchsvr' folder do I need to restore from backup? I think that may be a few days older tha...

emails retained in exchange 2003 queue
Hi to all, i have a ZyWall firewall (hardware) with a Turbo Card option installed. When i activate the anti-virus option in the firewall, i can receive emails, but all that i sent, do not go out, all off them stay in queue. When i deactivate that option, all the mails in queue, are sent. I ask my vendor for that problem, they test my firewall in their offices, but all it's ok. In my home, donsn't work. Must i change anything in my exchange ?? Best regards It sounds like your firewall is blocking outbound connections. You may need to configure exchange to use a SmartHost (your...

Issues with blank email replies on Exchange
Hi, A user recently emailed and said everytime he is vpn'd into the office from home (on his works laptop) he gets an odd problem. He can't send or reply to any emails. And when it does send it sends as a blank message - but somtimes takes about 7-8 attempts to get that far even. He does not get the problem in work. The error is "Error getting data from myexchangeserver.mydomain.com" He has full access to everything else using VPN and can receive emails ok - he can also remote desktop fine and c$ machines etc and read/write to file shares as normal. Details (Outlook...

Exchange to Exchange
Is there a way to configure Exchange to receive mail from another Exchange in 2 different domains? We just seperated 2 companies that use to share a Exchange. The main reason for the pull down from the old Exch. box is that our MX record is still pointing there. While we have accounts in our new domain for our users (15 users) the mail will still go to the old domain. We would like for our user to start using the new domain but they would lose they're email access. Can the Exchange to Exchange work or is it even possible? If there's another way, please advise. -Darrien ...