Exchange 2003 & MS CRM Network traffic

Hello

We have a Windows 2003 AD infrastructure with Exchange 2003sp2 running
on a dediated server.  We have Microsoft CRM 3.0 on its own dedicated
server.

We have an issue with a couple of Vista Business client, with Outlook
2007, and CRM installed.

When outlook is openned (and CRM client starts) - all is fine until
user gets an email.
Once an email is received, outlook.exe consumes c. 30% CPU and then
opens a connection to the exchange server at a constant 3Mb/s.  This
continues till Outlook is closed and then comes back as soon as
Outlook is restarted and a new email is received.

There are no 3rd party outlook plugins
This happens whether the CRM laptop or desktop client is used.
A fresh outlook profile works perfectly until CRM is reinstalled.

Network trace shows MAPI traffic but we can't analyse the content; nor
can we get anything out of the trace, other than it appears to be
repeating itself numerous times.

This is happening to a couple of users - fortunaltely not to the
majority.

Any thoughts welcome on how to work out what is going on!

Many thanks!

(please do not reply directly - this is a dead email address used only
for posting.  Please reply back to group so others may also find your
suggestions)

0
ryanjjones
7/4/2007 12:34:15 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On 4 Jul, 13:34, ryanjjo...@mail.com wrote:
> Hello
>
> We have a Windows 2003 AD infrastructure with Exchange 2003sp2 running
> on a dediated server.  We have Microsoft CRM 3.0 on its own dedicated
> server.
>
> We have an issue with a couple of Vista Business client, with Outlook
> 2007, and CRM installed.
>
> When outlook is openned (and CRM client starts) - all is fine until
> user gets an email.
> Once an email is received, outlook.exe consumes c. 30% CPU and then
> opens a connection to the exchange server at a constant 3Mb/s.  This
> continues till Outlook is closed and then comes back as soon as
> Outlook is restarted and a new email is received.
>
> There are no 3rd party outlook plugins
> This happens whether the CRM laptop or desktop client is used.
> A fresh outlook profile works perfectly until CRM is reinstalled.
>
> Network trace shows MAPI traffic but we can't analyse the content; nor
> can we get anything out of the trace, other than it appears to be
> repeating itself numerous times.
>
> This is happening to a couple of users - fortunaltely not to the
> majority.
>
> Any thoughts welcome on how to work out what is going on!
>
> Many thanks!
>
> (please do not reply directly - this is a dead email address used only
> for posting.  Please reply back to group so others may also find your
> suggestions)

Good old PSS!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916566

sorted the issue.

Obviously my search terms included "network" which is not mentioned in
the article.  lol!

0
ryanjjones

Exchange Cluster

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Exchange

New user profile cannot access CRM
Howdy, I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs, and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE? Thanks, David Lozzi dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com The problem is, when you wiped out your profile, you most likely also wiped out the CR...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

Exchange / POP3

CRM 4.0 Mobile
Any idea when they will release CRM 4.0 Mobile? We have just recently upgraded from 3.0 and would like to be able to use Mobile with 4.0. The Timing of the release is "very soon" according to Microsoft. We are waiting too. -- Kamal Hitari MBSS, MCNPS, MCTS 2B.net Ltd http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com TBates wrote: > Any idea when they will release CRM 4.0 Mobile? We have just recently > upgraded from 3.0 and would like to be able to use Mobile with 4.0. ...

virus attacks against Exchange

In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash.
In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want to use a horizontal line. You can do this with an EQ \f field. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "adcodingmaster" <adcodingmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9269E403-DE1E-4BCF-A523-89041E2D9CDB@microsoft.com... > In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want > to > use a horizontal line. > ...

Exchange 2003 #5

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Can not access to MS CRM from a distant machine
Hello, I ve tried to access to the CRM from the browser of a distant machine (the domain controller) then windows display the authentication form I log on with the administrator account but it fails and the browser is closed . I should mention that I ve added the CRM Site as a trusted site . What Shall I do to cure this? Is there a security confoguration in the CRM Site?? Hi Ahmed, You should first check in InetMgr (IIS Manager) to see if you have given any port # during the installation by right clicking Microsoft CRM web site and choosing properties. If it is any port other than 8...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

recover mails from .bak file in ms outlook
Dear All I had some problem with MS Outlook (2003). I found that there was a problem with .PST file I tried to repair it with SCANPST.EXE. It repaired my OUTLOOK.PST file but many mails are missing. I had taken bakup of .PST file into .BAK file. Please guide me how can in recover my mails from .BAK file Thanks Vimal -- vimalrupera If you have a backup copy of your pst and you recover it, then you may well find the problem is also recovered. What format is your pst file? - If your pst is open in Outlook, select properties of the personal folders, Advanced, what is sh...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...