Excel and CSV import problems

THis seems silly but it is wasting a bunch of time.  I am importing some
Excel spreadsheets.  THey are all consolidated into one and then I save into
a CSV.  I have done a find and replace on all commas and it seems clean.  I
do the import and it errors out on half of them.  It is a simple CSV and I
have followed the direction to the letter.  Seems very simple but it does not
want to consistently work.  ANyone have a master procedure for making sure
all the data comes in ok.  Any tips and tricks.  It does not seem to work
well.

Thanks in advance for your help.
JP

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Make sure all your fields fit in to the CRM data contraints.  If name is
limited to 50 characters and one of your name fields is 51 it will fail.

I see this a lot in dat fields.  If your Excel data forma looks like April
14, 2005, that's the way it will be in the CSV and it will not import.  I am
not sure which date formats CRM does support, but I always convert
everything to 04/14/2006.

"JP123" <JP123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> THis seems silly but it is wasting a bunch of time.  I am importing some
> Excel spreadsheets.  THey are all consolidated into one and then I save
> into
> a CSV.  I have done a find and replace on all commas and it seems clean.
> do the import and it errors out on half of them.  It is a simple CSV and I
> have followed the direction to the letter.  Seems very simple but it does
> not
> want to consistently work.  ANyone have a master procedure for making sure
> all the data comes in ok.  Any tips and tricks.  It does not seem to work
> well.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> JP

0
Joe

Possible MSVCRT.dll problem
I get these errors when trying to install any version of Iomega's EMC = Retrospect Express HD for Windows. Using Windows 2000 Prof. =20 Any help would be greatly appreciated! Pls post and also email to me = at brotherdave@bigfoot.com. Thanks! Bob MSVCRT.dll for Win32 Error: MSVCRT.dll is not compatible with Win32s. The application failed to initialize properly [0xc0000142]. Click on OK = to terminate the application. How does your question pertain to Outlook Express functionality? EMC� Retrospect� Express HD - System Requirements http://www.retrospect.com/pro...

CList problem: double entries...
I'm having trouble workin with a simple CList: the function always adds the first element twice and I don't know why. also, the later added elements do not appear immediately in the list, but only on the next function call... here is the code: ---------------- CList<CASystem, CASystem> AllCAS; CASystem *GetCreateCASystem(int ID) { bool bFound = false; CASystem *pCAS = NULL; // check if AS list exists if(AllCAS.IsEmpty()) { // create new AS pCAS = new CASystem; pCAS->ID = ID; ...

Printing an Excel doucument

Beware apparent Tax Estimator problem in M+
The Tax Line Manager shows a "tax category" (my term for lack of a better name--these are kinda cryptic like budget groups) called "State taxes" as being associated with Schedule A. I have a category "Taxes : State Income Tax - previous year" associated with "State taxes". Tax Line Manager shows amounts from transactions categorized as "Taxes : State Income Tax - previous year". So far so good. And there it stops. Tax Estimator doesn't add the amounts from this "State taxes" tax category into the "Deductible Taxes"...

Windows Update

excel axes

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

import data to sales
Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and have come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly into GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200, SOP10104 tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution > Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace als...

Email from Excel #3

version excel

double line spacing using excel 2000

Function Problem 12-07-07
Hello...ok I have a form with a button that I am trying to get to call on a function. I have been able to do this and the funtion processes but I keep getting an error. Now, the funtion works perfectly if I run it from the switchboard/menu, but when run from the form button I get this error: "The action or method requires a Table Name argument" Here is the code I have: Private Sub Update_All_Records_Click() On Error GoTo Update_All_Records_Click_Err DoCmd.OpenFunction Public_Income_Update_Step_1 Update_All_Records_Click_Exit: Exit Sub Update_All_Records_Click_Err: M...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Import Contact
I have a CSV file containing a single Contact's details (standard info only- no customisations). I can successfully import this CSV file into one CRM System without any problems. However, importing the same CSV file into a different CRM System gives me the following error message: "You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation. For more information, contact your system administrator." I have lowered IE's security permissions to allow ActiveX controls on Local Intranet and confirmed that CRM is running in that zone. ...

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...