Exceeded characters in field

I'm new to CRM so this may seem like a silly question.  I'm entering a
lot of text in the Notes field of an Account, and receive a message
that says I've exceeded the maximum number of characters for the field.
 Is there a way I can increase the number of characters for the field?
Not sure if this is done at a DB/application level (if it is possible).

Thanks

0
Aaron
3/1/2005 7:55:59 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You cannot increase the size of the notes

Suggest either (1) create multiple notes, or (2) (better) write up your
comments in a file that you attech to a note

Peter

"Aaron" <aaron.heller@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to CRM so this may seem like a silly question.  I'm entering a
> lot of text in the Notes field of an Account, and receive a message
> that says I've exceeded the maximum number of characters for the field.
> Is there a way I can increase the number of characters for the field?
> Not sure if this is done at a DB/application level (if it is possible).
>
> Thanks

0
Peter

fields color
Is there a way to change the subject field font color. OL 2000 and OL 2003. I have to send out an email in my company every day around 3:45 PM. The email is always the same except the date. But sometime I need to let the people receiving the email know if there is something in the email that needs their attention ASAP. If I could change the font color in the subject field, this will notify the recipients that the info in the email have changed. Thanks batkinson@iquest.net No, the subject field cannot be colored. Why not use the importance option of High? --� Milly Staples [MV...

Storage limit exceeded NDRs incorrect
Hi, My company uses Exchange 2003 Enterprise and just today I've come across a problem with storage limit NDRs. My users have mailbox limits of 500 MB but intermittently users started receiving NDRs stating: "The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full." (Error #5.2.2) Unfortunately the recepients in question have not exceeded their storage limits and are well under even the warning threshold. Any ideas as to why this would suddenly start occurring? The only server change that occurred was the uninstallation of IMF last week since it was a...

Data in Fields Changing Automatically
We use a simple Access table to keep track of resolutions adopted by our City Council. It's always worked just fine until today. When I add information in the fields of a row and click in the next row, the information I just added changes. There doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern to how this happens. There is a column for the number of the resolution. Sometimes this will change to the number of the row above, or two rows above. I tried rebooting. Thanks in advance for any clues! ?Version of Access? ?Working directly in the table instead of, as recommended, in a fo...

spending limit exceeded is false & is not exceeded
Money 2004 Budget- For two months now my Budget Planner says that Bills: Cell Phone Charges spending limit is exceeded and the budgeted amount is $0. I go to Edit Budget and low and behold under Other Expenses is Bills: Cell Phone Charges with $23.42. Why is this happening? ...

character restrictions when importing data from a text file
every time i import a text file into excel, only the first 255 characters are being imported. how can i solve this problem so that all of the info in each field is displayed regardless of the number of characters? p.s. i'm using excel 2000 I've never had that trouble when I used File|Open and imported the text file. How are you importing the file? richtea wrote: > > every time i import a text file into excel, only the first 255 characters are > being imported. how can i solve this problem so that all of the info in each > field is displayed regardless of the number o...

update a field by inputting data in a different table
I have a database (Access 2007) that is used for holding data on and communicating with FE colleges. Obviously (?) each college has a number of contacts (up to 14) and these are represented in two tables – one for College Details and one for Contact Details which are linked by a one to many relationship. Most colleges have one representative on one of 3 groups, but not all colleges are represented on all groups and some not on any. The membership of a group is noted by a Yes/No field in the Contact details. Getting a query to run to identify membership of groups is OK. But I ca...

converting 97 to 2000 auto number field error
I am trying to convert a database from 97 to 2000 and am having trouble with an Auto Number field in one of the tables. All of the previous records are there ending with an auto number of 108. When I try to enter a new record, the next number that is assigns is 1291848528 with the second new number as 1291848529. What is happening and how can i get this to reset back to a smaller #. I do still have a back up to try and convert again, but I keep getting the same results. ...

Max characters in a cell work-around <1166227712.926007.310770@73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com>
Thanks - you helped me today! I've been looking for a way around the 1024 display limit and this is much better then the <alt><enter> suggestion I've found elsewhere. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Masking out characters in CEdit
Hi, I need to make a CEdit mask out some characters. Those characters should be deleted. I got a simple solution by creating a CMyEdit, catching WM_CHAR and ignoring those unwanted chars there. Works ok, but there are two problems: It does not work for characters that are not typed, but inserted. And, I have to create a CMyEdit variable for every Edit Control. Are there any simple solutions for that? Thanks for ideas! Christian Wirth In article <cc95755a.0409160531.15c24e80@posting.google.com>, wirthi@gmx.at says... > Hi, > > I need to make a CEdit mask out some characte...

Funny Characters on emails
I faced the same problem last year but renstalled Exchange=20 5.5 from square one. It's again here with me. Isn't there=20 a solution? Well, When I send out emails, the recipient=20 receives Garbage! Funny characters at the end of exchange=20 or at the Beginning! Most of them talk about mime setup=20 and unsupported Mime format! Please see below What I'm=20 talking about! I have applied and reapplied the service=20 packs in vain! Last year, I was running exchange 5.5 on=20 Windows NT 4 Server now I decided to push it to Windows=20 2000 server since my friends told me my NT server&...

Reporting on Date-only fields
One of my clients is trying to write a report which displays dates from a date only field: the Received On date field from the Campaign Response form. However, the report shows some of the campaign responses received on the wrong day. They are shown as being received on the day before they were actually received. CRM saves all datetime fields in coordinated universal time (UTC). All CRM forms then interpret the UTC datetime to display the value in the user's timezone. Campaign responses created today (5 March 2008) where the Received On date is yesterday will be stored in the data...

VBA code for empty txt field
Hi all, New to VBA, so forgive my ignorace. I have the following: user form combo box: cmbYESNO text field: txtIFNOWHY What I'm trying to accomplish is making sure that the user doens't forget to populate the cmbYESNO and depending on the value of this combo box, whether or not txtIFNOWHY needs to be filled out. I have the following code which i picked up from a differnt thread on this site, which works for ensuring that the cmbYESNO is filled out, but i can't seem to get the second part of the code. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Here is my code: If Trim(M...

$ LIMIT EXCEEDED
This is the message I receive when trying to place money onto a bank card (debit card) when handling a return. Purchases are just fine but returns always cause this issue. Can anybody shed some light on this problem for me? Thank you, JN My understanding is you can only charge against a debit card, you cannot refund any monies to a debit card on a return - you'll need to refund cash. "Portions" wrote: > This is the message I receive when trying to place money onto a bank card > (debit card) when handling a return. Purchases are just fine but returns > always ...

Removing Characters #3
I have a column that is employees social security numbers, The ssn's ar entered as 111-11-1111 the dashes are actually typed into the cell, an the cells format is general. How can I remove the dashes from all o the cells in that column -- KellyMcG0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KellyMcG03's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27157 Hi menu: 'Edit - Replace' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KellyMcG03" &...

Exceed Scale
Hello, I have been asked to produce a simple column chart where one particular column goes "off the scale", the idea being that this particular product is so good compared to other similar products that it is "off the chart". I have produced the chart and obtained the required result by covering the scale that I don't want to show with a drawn white rectangle with no borders. As always happens with workarounds, I am wondering if there is a less dodgy solution to my problem. -- Any suggestions welcome, MarkN Can't you just adjust the max scale at lower than ...

Find matching records based on two fields
Hi, I'd be really grateful if someone could please assist with my query. I'm trying to identify all records where [Source] is equal to 'Atlas' that has matching records in [Species] where [Source] is equal to 'Museum' OR 'Survey' as per example below... Original Table: UniqueID Source Species 1 Atlas A 2 Atlas B 3 Atlas B 4 Atlas C 5 Atlas D 6 Survey B 7 Survey C 8 Museum C 9 Museum D Query result: ...

highlight all completed form fields
I need to highlight all the fields in a Word form that have been completed. I'm a vb novice. . . With assistance from some very helpful postings, I now have a functional form that accomplishes my objectives. However, I'm sure there's a much better way. I currently have one macro per field, each activated when exiting the field. How can I have a macro check all the fields for content and then highlight those that are not blank? And, if I do that, I'm assuming that it would still be best to reference that one macro when exiting each field? Use: Dim i As Long ...

SQL Field Limitations
I understand that there are 8000 character limitations on tables in SQL that affect CRM's ability to extend customizations on any particular object. I also understand that once a field is created in CRM and deleted, that, currently, those characters are not recoverable. Is there any way for me to quickly determine what usage level I am at on a particular object (current and orphaned) via SQL query or otherwise. Thanks in advance. P.S. I did not do the original deployment and am unable to get any info from those who did. deleted? You can't delete a field via CRM,.....you &q...

Find cells containing a specified number of characters
I have a spreadsheet with only 1 column of data, but 18,000 lines. Is there an easy way to find all cells that contain exactly 12 characters? I tried searching for ???????????? and ************ but it finds every cell. If you use Data->Filter->Advanced Filter you can use the 12 ?s as your filter. You need a column header - let's say it is Values, and let's say your data is in column A Then in C1 type Values and in C2 type ???????????? Then select a cell in column A and go to Advanced Filter. Set C1:C2 as the criteria range, and clikc on OK "jdanker" wrote:...

Subreport link by Date field
Hello, I have an Access 2003 report with a subreport. The main report has a column for customerID and Date, I want the subreport to show any records from another table that occurs after the Date on the main record. Can I use the Link Child Field and Link Master Field for this? I know I can put "CustomerID;Date" in these fields but that would give me results that have an exact date match. Thanks Try using CustomerID in the links and Date criteria from main form in query for the sub. -- Build a little, test a little. "Don" wrote: > Hello, ...

French Characters
Is there an easy way to put french characters into a publisher 2007 document without changing your overal languager settings? Sir Bill wrote: > Is there an easy way to put french characters into a publisher 2007 document > without changing your overal languager settings? Insert > Symbol Or add a French keyboard layout (which you can switch to and from easily using the Language Bar). Or learn the Alt+ key combinations (listed in Character Map, in the Start menu under Accessories) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Exporting Custom Fields from Outlook
Does anyone know how to export the custom fields for Outlook tasks without using a .pst file? I tried all the other file types, but they just export the fields found in the task details. I need to export the custom fields i have added to the task list. Can it even be done? Thanks Yan. Outlook doesn't support exporting custom fields. Quick and dirty method: 1. Put all the items from your form in one folder. 2. Use a table view to display all the data fields that you want to export to Excel. 3. Choose Edit | Select All. 4. Choose Edit | Copy. 5. Paste to Excel. Otherwise, you'd ...

Remove a particular character using formulas
I have excel 2000 and i have having a problem I have a list of roughlt 5000 items that all have "-" in random places I want to remove these dashes using a formula... not find replace. Any luck. Example: I have "---105--22" I want "10522" Thanks in advance for the help -- msetyon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ msetyon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29277 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489953 =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",""...

How to subtract two fields
Hi, I have a form with two fields Current and pervious I made a textbox to subtract them and view the result but it gives me an error Can any body help me ghost, = [Field1] - [Field2] A clear question gets a clear answer... 1. What "types" of fields are these? 2. What calculation did you use, and where did you place that calculation? 3. What error did you get? 4. What would be some sample values, and expected results? -- hth Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions ...

Access automatically adding unwanted fields to master/child links
I have a form with that a tab control that dynamically loads several subforms when a tab is changed. http://www.databasejournal.com/features/msaccess/article.php/3599781 The tab control has unbound subform in which I have specified the master and child links in the properties for that control. The fields used for the master and child links have the same name on all underlying tables. When a new tab is selected, the tab change event code sets the SourceObject property of the unbound subform object to the desired subform depending on which tab is chosen. The problem I'm having is that w...