Error sending email from Order using template

I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It
copies a few fields from the Order Form.
It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page
Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA.
Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look.
The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error.
I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote
forms;  these all work fine.

I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the
server registry keys) so I would get some additional information, but the
C:\CRMTrace folder remains empty (even after restarting the client PC)
How can I get more information on this error ??
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hmmm,  overwhelming reponse...
Someone -not through this forum- suggested to strip the order form from
customizations one-by-one and find the culprit this way.
Is this really the MS endorsed method or is it possible to pinpoint the
problem by looking at some trace or log ?

"nb0512" wrote:

> I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It
> copies a few fields from the Order Form.
> It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page
> Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA.
> Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look.
> The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error.
> I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote
> forms;  these all work fine.
>
> I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the
> server registry keys) so I would get some additional information, but the
> C:\CRMTrace folder remains empty (even after restarting the client PC)
> How can I get more information on this error ??
This is solved. The Order Form had a field using a custom attribute -a
picklist- which was corrupt as could be seen from the XML after Export
Customizations. After adding a new attribute and field and manually copying
the existing data into it I removed the corrupt attribute and...bingo

"nb0512" wrote:

> Hmmm,  overwhelming reponse...
> Someone -not through this forum- suggested to strip the order form from
> customizations one-by-one and find the culprit this way.
> Is this really the MS endorsed method or is it possible to pinpoint the
> problem by looking at some trace or log ?
>
> "nb0512" wrote:
>
> > I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It
> > copies a few fields from the Order Form.
> > It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page
> > Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA.
> > Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look.
> > The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error.
> > I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote
> > forms;  these all work fine.
> >
> > I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the
> > server registry keys) so I would get some additional information, but the
> > C:\CRMTrace folder remains empty (even after restarting the client PC)
> > How can I get more information on this error ??

Only Supplier Items WHen entering a Purchase Order
When creating a new PO, it would be most helpful to only list the items purchased from a particular vendor rahter than every item in the database. Several of our cutomers have requested this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Bus...

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Do not have permission to send to this recipient
I have a client who has Exchange 2003 SP1 installed. Frequently when sending an email to someone they will recieve a message back from System Administrator "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. 5.7.1 smtp;550 Relaying Denied" I have the "Allow All Computer Which Successfully Authenticate to Relay Regardless of list above" checked in the SMTP Virtual Connector. This has not helped. I checked to see if their domain is on any SPAM LIST and it's not. They do not have Open Relay on their server. Please give me some suggestions of how I can fix thi...

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

ERROR

Outlook Express: emails printing too large
When I retrieve my emails they are easy to read. When I print the emails off the font is very large -- 14 pt or larger. What do I need to change to reduce the printable font to normal 10 pt size? ...

error, chkdsk

error 0x800CCC0F

html format email
How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email templates in crm? I can write some custom add-ins in c# if needed. Thanks, J On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:41:24 -0500, "Scanner2001" <jeffsanders125@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I, if possible, create html formatted email and/or email >templates in crm? You can create html email templates. The secret is to create them in another tool eg Notepad or Dreamweaver then open the html in IE and then cut and paste into the CRM email template window If you have graphics only links to the images are copie...

4.4.7 error

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

SMTP mail send problem
I'm running Windows/Outlook XP with mail routed through POP3/SMTP university servers. Abruptly, I am no longer able to send mail, though receiving works fine. I get an error message saying that Outlook couldn't connect with the outgoing server. No account settings have changed (I've checked) and I can still telnet to the SMTP server (but not through port 25)and send mail through a web-based university system. I do not have any Norton software on my computer, though I"m unsure about other potential firewalls. I am connecting to the internet through a cable modem which work...

Can you link many workbooks to one template? And Update?
I tack around 100 different workbooks. All are the same "template"; however, I often update the formulas and therefore must go back to each workbook and update them formulas. Is there a way to link all of the workbooks to a "template" to calculate the formulas? And can I change the one template formula so all the workbooks are updated at once? ...

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Send/Receive at program startup
Hi, I can't figure out how to prevent Outlook 2003 from automatically sending and receiving email when I launch the program. I want to send and receive only when I click the 'Send/Receive' button. Thanks for any ideas. Steve Uncheck the automatic polling option under Tools->Options->Mail Setup. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Steve Prescott asked: | Hi, |...

Error in closing Outlook

Cannot remove email from user
Exchange 2003 on Windows server 2000, selecting an SMTP email for a user and selecting to remove it. Once removed it comes back within a few hours - arhhhhhh!!!! It's driving me crazy because it makes itself the primary address aswell. Any help would be greatly appriciated. you mean an smtp address? is "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy." selected? is it an address your recipient policy specifies? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <itsshaz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152197598.537329.317470@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Exchange 2003 ...