Error sending email from Order using template

I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It
copies a few fields from the Order Form.
It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page
Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA.
Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look.
The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error.
I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote
forms;  these all work fine.

I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the
server registry keys) so I would get some additional information, but the
C:\CRMTrace folder remains empty (even after restarting the client PC)
How can I get more information on this error ??
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hmmm,  overwhelming reponse...
Someone -not through this forum- suggested to strip the order form from
customizations one-by-one and find the culprit this way.
Is this really the MS endorsed method or is it possible to pinpoint the
problem by looking at some trace or log ?

"nb0512" wrote:

> I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It
> copies a few fields from the Order Form.
> It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page
> Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA.
> Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look.
> The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error.
> I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote
> forms;  these all work fine.
>
> I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the
> server registry keys) so I would get some additional information, but the
> C:\CRMTrace folder remains empty (even after restarting the client PC)
> How can I get more information on this error ??
This is solved. The Order Form had a field using a custom attribute -a
picklist- which was corrupt as could be seen from the XML after Export
Customizations. After adding a new attribute and field and manually copying
the existing data into it I removed the corrupt attribute and...bingo

"nb0512" wrote:

> Hmmm,  overwhelming reponse...
> Someone -not through this forum- suggested to strip the order form from
> customizations one-by-one and find the culprit this way.
> Is this really the MS endorsed method or is it possible to pinpoint the
> problem by looking at some trace or log ?
>
> "nb0512" wrote:
>
> > I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It
> > copies a few fields from the Order Form.
> > It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page
> > Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA.
> > Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look.
> > The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error.
> > I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote
> > forms;  these all work fine.
> >
> > I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the
> > server registry keys) so I would get some additional information, but the
> > C:\CRMTrace folder remains empty (even after restarting the client PC)
> > How can I get more information on this error ??

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

Outgoing emails
I am having an issue when trying to send emails out.... It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try port 25. If you still get an error post back. There are cases where that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as well . . . . let's just try one thing at ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

using GP with Cognos
Is it possible to map GP to a reporting tool like Cognos? If so, what would be the easiest way to decipher to the data tables? Thanks for your help. The first thing is to install the SDK from the second CD. You need to explore the disc and look for the tools folder then the SDK folder. When you install the SDK, you will get a new item in your Dynamics program group. You will have access to documentation on data flow. Additionally, within GP you have the resource descriptions off the Tools menu. Richard Whaley has books that can help you, as well. Go to www.accoladespublications....

DB Emailing Questions
1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give me an idea of how the code will be like. 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have to write it down each time? Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote: > 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Acce...

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

How to set tab order for a dynamically created CEdit?
Anyone knows? Use SetWindowPos(...) and change the position in the z-order. -- Vipin Aravind <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > Use SetWindowPos. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > ...

#Error Message
I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames. When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks Hi Nigel, Try: =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber]) Clifford Bass Nigel wrote: >I have created a calculatio...

Contact use?
I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below, company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below. create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, Bill@company.com "@company.com being organisation email address" and Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to Bill@company.com will fir...

ESM error
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have Exchange2k3 SP2 running on a Win2k3 server. Our Exchange Admin is out on medical leave so I am resuming his responsibilities. My problem is I cannot access some of the storage groups using exchange system manager. We have 4 mailbox stores and I get an error trying to access 3 of them. The error is "An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 80040d1b Exchange System Manager". What is really puzzling is if I click on a storage group a second time, I don't get the error but the storage group shows up as empty. I have thi...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Exporting-importing email accout (.iaf) doesn't work
Hi, i have an .iaf file that i get exporting my email account at work. Now i have imported that file at home, but when i click on "Send and recieve" i get this message: [quote title=3DQuote:] Fall=F3 la conexi=F3n con el servidor. Cuenta: 'pop3.xxx.es', Servidor: 'pop3.xxx.es', Protocolo: POP3, Puerto: 110, Seguridad (SSL): No, Error de socket: 10060, N=FAmero de error: 0x800CCC0E[/quote] I'm using OL Express 6 in both computers (Windows XP). Any idea? Bye Javi Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no addit...

Multipage newsletter in the body of an email
I knew that Don had a website where I could find his organization's newsletter. I just sent him the results of that process I posted about the other day. I'm anxiously awaiting his comments. (Just because I can send it to myself and it looks fine doesn't mean it will to others.) :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

Add New Record Using Combo Box
I am using 2 different tables: Employee Info and Trip Details. I need to have a blank form open to enter new information, but I would like a combo box to choose the employees name, as there are over 300 employees. Ideally, the first name, last name, and DOB would be populated, but the rest of the information would still be blank to add new data. I could then just hit a button to open the form again to add information about a different employee. I am having a problem doing this and would greatly appreciate if someone could let me know how to accomplish this. Thanks. On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:26:03...

Automatically forwarding emails
Hi I need to forward emails to a specific user to her external email. The user only wants those emails forwarded who are addressed to her and not the ones that she is cc'd or bcc'd. Hence my choice of client side rule. I have done the following; 1. Created a contact with her external email address under 'Active Directory Users and Computers', 2. Ticked 'Allow Automatic Forward' under Exchange->Global Settings->Internet Message Format->Default->Properties->Advanced tab. 3. Logged in to the relevant user's pc under her name and in outlook created ...

email #11
I have a user that wants to get email from inside our main office using Exchange and Outlook 2000. We do not want her to have to RAS in or VPN in. We have SBS 4.5 i.e. Exchange 5.5. Can we setup Exchange to forward her internal mail to an outside mailbox on an ISP. How do we do that most efficently. We are setup with a DSL line and firewall/router that sends all SMTP mail via an MX record at our ISP to our Exchange server. The outside user has a ??????@ntelos.net address and can send and receive mail mail from her ISP mailbox without any problems using her current Outlook settin...

We are using eSafe
We have an eSafe appliance by Aladin filtering spam and viruses in and out. It is doing a good job for my 4000 users. Convince the boss not to quarenteen messages. Their support was lacking when we first got the box but after a long conversation with a VP I think they have made great strides fixing that problem. Fred ...

Workflow using Email Template is paused
I have created a work flow rule that sends an email using a template. However, it shows up as paused in the Workflow Monitor. When I create the same rule without the template and use Send Email then it works fine! Is ther an issue when using templates? -- Dave Hi Dave, Jut had a similar thing happen a few minutes ago in my testing of a Sales Process. It paused and hung because the contact did not have an e-mail address. We also discovered, which someone may be able to help answer, that the workflow monitor showed it paused but something appears to be wrong with the workflow moni...

outlook should let me move emails from sent to a specific folder
It only allows copies to be moved to specific folders and not the actual mail itself - this creates unnecssary copies and makes everything confusing. Can't there also be a SIMPLE rules wizard like in outlook 2002? I find this new wizard too cumbersome and complex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

Use Tax
Can someone tell me if Great Plains has the ability to add use tax to a invoice in payables management without adding it to the invoice amount. I have vendors who do not charge me sales tax and I want Great Plains to calculate that sales tax and not add it to the invoice amount. There is a simple workaround. Let GP calculate use tax using the Sales Tax field. Then put the amount of the sales tax in the trade discount field. This offsets the tax amount and doesn't change the voucher total. We do this for PO Invoices with use tax. The tax account is pointed to the appropriate expense...