Error: "Duplicate Record A record of this type with this name already exists"

I have a strange error that started today. (I am Using V1.2)

When I try to convert a lead to an account AND a contact I get the
following msg:
"Duplicate Record A record of this type with this name already exists.
Please choose a different name and try again"
At the end of the process the program is crating an Account record but
not a contact record.
If I try to convert the same lead again to a Contact I get the same
msg.

Converting a lead to an Account or Contact ONLY will work fine.

The following is error is registered on the server Application log:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Microsoft CRM
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	2
Date:		1/4/2004
Time:		1:13:59 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	JANUS
MSCRM Platform Error Report:
Error: The statement has been terminated.

Error Message: The statement has been terminated.

Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the
platform.

Source File: Not available

Line Number: Not available

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Please help
0
moshe
1/4/2004 10:08:11 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Mike,  I got the same error message yesterday.  We just
installed 1.2.  Did anyone respond to you?
Bob

------------------------------------
>Error: The statement has been terminated.
>
>Error Message: The statement has been terminated.
>
>Error Details: Details on this error have not been
provided by the
>platform.
>
>Source File: Not available
>
>Line Number: Not available
>
>Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
(Exception e)
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
context)
>   at
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplica
tion+IExecutionStep.Execute()
>   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
(IExecutionStep step,
>Boolean& completedSynchronously)
>

>Please help
>.

0
Bob

Error: "Duplicate Record A record of this type with this name already exists"
I have a strange error that started today. (I am Using V1.2) When I try to convert a lead to an account AND a contact I get the following msg: "Duplicate Record A record of this type with this name already exists. Please choose a different name and try again" At the end of the process the program is crating an Account record but not a contact record. If I try to convert the same lead again to a Contact I get the same msg. Converting a lead to an Account or Contact ONLY will work fine. The following is error is registered on the server Application log: Event Type: Error Event Sou...