Error creating activities from Cases

Hi

I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup

I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files

Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0)

When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to
errors in the event log

We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok

The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003)

I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS
CRM setup on multiple server.

We have tried it with and without Outlook open

Anyhelp appreciated

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSCRMAddressBook
Event Category: None
Event ID: 6423
Date:  14/03/2007
Time:  7:43:11 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: SRV-TS
An error occurred with the Microsoft CRM Address Book - the user could not
be authenticated. Check user credentials, network connections and CRM server
availability and try restarting Microsoft CRM. HR=0x80004005. Context=Access
check. Function=CheckWhoAmIAndAccess. Line=940.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSCRMAddin
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5972
Date:  14/03/2007
Time:  7:44:37 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: SRV-TS
An error occurred retrieving data from the Microsoft CRM server for
processing Microsoft CRM-related e-mail messages.  Not all CRM-related
e-mail messages may be marked appropriately.  Verify that the current user
has appropriate permissions and server connectivity and try the action
again. HR=0x80004005. Context=. Function=CEmailTagger::Run. Line=313.

Nick
3/13/2007 10:59:39 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Purchasing Error: You can't change the status of this line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it.
User is trying to close a PO. Goes into Edit PO Status window and searched on PO, and returns two line items (two different receipts). First item has status of Released. Tries to change to Closed, and gets error: You can't change the stauts of the line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it. Have searched through interface and SQL, and cannot locate any unposted receipts for this PO/item. Noticed that the qty on the original PO for this line item is 32 and qty on receipt is 31 (not sure if relevant or not). Have also Check Links on Purchasing module, but did not resolve. Any su...

Leads to Campaign activities
Dear All, I want to assign leads to an activity associated for a Parent Campaign. How do you I do it? Hi, Create marketing lists of leads and then on marketing list box, click on create quick campaign,it will display a wizard asking for which event you want to associate those leads. Select that and close the wizard. Later you will find the record in quick campaign area of Marketing area. regards, Sailaja. Thanks. I think I didn't explain myslef properly. Lets say that we have a campaign for MS CRM. This campaign contains four activities like call center, ad, etc. Now I want t...

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

Creating family trees
How best can I use Visio for creating ancestral family trees? Or is there a better Microsoft Word compatible program other than Visio? ...

Missing Calendars and Tasks when Opening an xp created .pst in 7Pr
Hi! I just got a completely new computer with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I installed Outlook 2007 and rather than start completely over or export my files from my previous .pst that was being used with XP Pro Svc Pk 2 I just mapped my "new" outlook to my old .pst. Trouble is I'm missing a few Calendars and Task Lists. Do I need to/can I export these items individually on a computer that runs XP and then import them to my new setup? Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated! -Rachel Copy the pst to the new computer and open it using File, open, outlook d...

Cannot Find File error message
We have several users that have been getting a "Cannot find file xyz.xl (or one of its components)..." when they try to launch an xls Excel fil from Windows explorer or an icon. Sometimes the users are using th files ok and then the next time they go in and try to launch the files this message appears. We use a tool called Installshield to updat their files and install any new xls files. Is there a reason why w may be getting this message? This file actually does exist -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore ...

Outlok -CRM Mail Merge Error
Hi All, When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error message: A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community for Solutions any response would be appreciate. Thanks KS I had this error too. When I changed the user's security role to "read" Leads - the error dissappeared! I have no idea why this should have fixed the problem. Adrian. "KS" wrote: > Hi All, > > When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error > message: > A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community...

CRM 3.0
Hi everyone, How do I set up Services so that I can schedule service activities? I have followed the instructions on the help file (ie: Settings->Settings->Services) but I cannot find "Services" in the Settings section. Any ideas? Thanks Rael Can you check if your role has "Service Management" related privileges? If you have the right privileges, you should be able to see the Services link in Settings (right after the link to Product Catalog)... -- Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, a...

Creating a Combined Date/Time Shortcut
I know Excel provides shortcuts for entering the date (CTRL + ;) and the = time (CTRL + SHIFT + ;), but I really need one that will enter both the = date=20 and time in the same cell at the same time. (Since Excel does provide=20 formatting for same-cell date and time, it seems kind of odd that there = isn't=20 a shortcut to facilitate entry.) Is it possible to create an entirely = new shortcut=20 that doesn't use macros? (This last point is important, since the = workbook is=20 shared on a network.) Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated--I'm getting=20 desperate. T...

ADODB find error "Rowset does not support scolling backward"
good day. i am trying to find the amount paid on a transaction previous to a certain transaction i wanted to find on certain table opened using ADODB recordset.... ------------- Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset rst.Open "Select TransactionID,MonthlyBillID,AmountPaid from [Customer Monthly Bills] where TransactionID=" & TransactionID & " ORDER BY MonthlyBillID", CurrentProject.Connection If rst.EOF Then MsgBox "No past transactions found from this customer", vbCritical, "Customer Monthly Bills Entry Form" ...

An error has occurred message
I have recently moved my CRM from one server to another within the same domain. The system is up and working better than ever, however, I have one major problem. When I go into any of the main settings, such as "Business Units" and double click the unit, I get; "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator". I have restarted the services. I have tried this as every user but have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. I have also found the following; I have recently moved the CRM server onto a new server within the same ...

WORKFLOW ACTIVATION
hi I have a strange problem. I have a workflow for a service activity which copies all the values from resources into a custom created field. However when i click to activate this workflow nothing happens :( Any ideas why this might be happening. I have tried to create the rule from scratch and no luck. I can create another workflow and that works fine under service activity. kind regards ridhima ...

Create folder in other user's mailbox
Using Outlook from the XP suite, Exchange 2000. From one user's outlook I gave a second user Publishing Editor rights to the first user's mailbox. These rights include "create sub folders". When going to file - open - other user's mailbox (on the user computer that was granted Publishing Editor rights) and select second user's name and "inbox" as the folder to open. When creating a folder in this setting it is created in the first user's mailbox. How can the first user create a folder in the second user's mailbox? TIA DDS The mailbox owner need...

Data Migration Error
Hi All, Im having trouble importing email activites into MS CRM. When running the migration tool , Im getting the following error in the logs for every email I've set up as an activity. I've checked the guids for the owninguser and the objectid (contact), and they all exist. Im not creating any associated records in the cdf_ActivityParty table, as I only want to store the link for the "regarding" item so to speak. Thoughts anyone? - Its my last issue to resolve before I can put this out to production. Regards, Cameron 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to...

Publishing customisation error 04-26-05
I have recently added some additional attributes to the Product entity in Schema Manager as well as adding these to the Edit form. I try to deploy these changes to CRM using Deployment Manager -> All tasks -> Publish customization. I get to Select web server and do Add..., then nothing happens, it appears hung. I'd be grateful for any ideas as I've tried everything I can think off. CRM is on SBS 2003 (within Virtual PC if that makes any difference) Regards, Kyaw ...

Crystal Report Error
We have moved our CRM server to a new box (not the data) and restored the crystal reports database - but now we get the following error: Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses Fix? ...

how to create a calendar to select a date in access 2007
I want to select a date from a pop up calendar on the form. Access 2007 automatically adds a date picker to a Date/Time field. -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "keithteri" wrote: > I want to select a date from a pop up calendar on the form. ...

need card view with active recurring and non-recurring appointments ...
I'm trying to set up a card view that will be a simple list of active appointments, both non-recurring and recurring. I have an Advanced filter, "Start .. on or after ... Today". The problem is the sorting. If I sort by "Start", then the recurring appointments are all listed in front of the non-recurring, because the Start date for a Recurring appointment is the FIRST recurrence. I then sorted first by "Recurring", then by "Start", so that non-recurring appointments are listed in front of the recurring, but that's not what I want, either. Wh...

how do i create a macro to rename worksheets in excel?
I have a list of loan numbers that I want to use to rename worksheet tabs, any way to do that? I have used the following previously:- Sub Rename() Sheets("old name").Select Sheets("old name").Name = "new name" End Sub Hope this helps "Waki" wrote: > I have a list of loan numbers that I want to use to rename worksheet tabs, > any way to do that? Thanks, but I'm new to VB...I'm going to need a little more help. "Pank Mehta" wrote: > I have used the following previously:- > Sub Rename() > Sheets("...

microsoft framework library error
I recently installed Office 2004 on my macpro laptop and have two problems: when I launch powerpoint, excel , or word I get an error box which states, "unexpected error occurred while trying to load microsoft framework library" also, I cannot open any word, excel, powerpoint documents from my desktop directly. I have to open the generic excel, word, or powerpoint from my applications menu first. Please advise. thanks, On 29/1/07 17:38, in article 1170092300.298736.30150@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "zuniga71@gmail.com" <zuniga71@gmail.com> wrote: > I rece...

Recovery storage group error
Running Exchange 2003, SP1, native mode on Windows 2003 I have created a recovery storage group, and when I right click on it to add the database to recover, I get the following error: The search filter cannot be recognized. Facility: Win32 ID no: 8007203e Exchange System Manager I have verified that AD has synced. Any ideas? ...

Convert font to lower case
I have a large spreadsheet which I am using as merge data for a letter. Some of the data is in all caps. How can I convert this to lower case? Many ways, Teri. Choose your poison: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/change_the_case_of_text_in_cells_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Teri" <Teri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8733320F-598D-478D-8EA0-8C22DC96A701@microsoft.com... > I have a large spreadsheet which I am using as merge data for a letter. Some > of the data is in all caps. How can I convert t...

Exchange Tasks and Tabs in Active Directory
Hello everyone, I experienced something very strange (to me, at least) and was hoping someone would be able to provide a little info for me. Yesterday I noticed that Microsoft Exchange was installed on my desktop (XP Pro). When I tried to remove this, the Exchange setup program launched. It showed "Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools" as being installed on my PC. I thought these were probably left over from when I migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 in November, so I removed it. Today, I was creating a new user, and noticed I was not prompted to create a mailbox, and also the...

FrontPage error message
I haven't touched 2003 for quite a while and I can't get past tril period has expired, this version no longer functions. Order or Quit -- Davidsgtc The trial period for FP2003 expired at least three years ago. If yours is a trial version, then you may as well uninstall it. FrontPage is no longer on sale or supported (though Amazon or Ebay may have copies). If it is a retail version - then try a repair or reinstall. FrontPage has been replaced by SharePoint Designer or Expression Web. There is a trial for Expression Web at http://www.microsoft.com/expression If you buy or ...

error report on closing down application
Every time I close outlook (version 2002) error report: CiceroUIWndFrame: OUTLOOK.exe - Application error The instruction at "0x74706b41" referenced memory at "0x74706b41". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program Any idea what this is about?? I have also tried to reinstall but error is still coming up Hi cs, have you installed any Add Ins or a Virus Programm? Please deactivate them and look if its work after that -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Br...