Error adding users #2

Hello all:

I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user
I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator"
message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the
trace file below...

Does anyone have any ideas?

John.

>MSCRM Application Error Report:
Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size
of the collection.
>Parameter name: index

Error Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than
the size of the collection.
>Parameter name: index

Source File: Not available

Line Number: Not available

Request URL: http://crm01:5555/AppWebServices/UserManager.asmx

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
>   at System.DirectoryServices.ResultPropertyValueCollection.get_Item(Int32
>   at
> Microsoft.Crm.Application.WebServices.UserManagementService.UserManager.GetUserProperty(SearchResult
> user, String property)
>   at
> Microsoft.Crm.Application.WebServices.UserManagementService.UserManager.RetrieveADUserProperties(String
> domainAccountName)

Type: Application

--
John.
http://mscrmguy.blogspot.com/

0
jstraumann (10)
1/23/2007 10:39:49 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Could be due to details imported from AD (e.g address, street 1) exceed the
allowed field size in CRM.

For example, the 'street 1' fields of the user profile in AD contains 80
characters. In CRM, street 1 only allows 50 characters. The 80 characters
will be 'pulled' over when you entered the user domain logon ID. e.g.
domain\userA.  Due to the limitation in field size, this will cause a
problem when you attempt to 'save' the user in CRM.

Try removing the value from ALL fields, except the mandatory fields (RED),
on the new user page in MSCRM before saving.

"John" <jstraumann@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Hello all:
>
> I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a
> user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system
> administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error
> details from the trace file below...
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> John.
>
>>MSCRM Application Error Report:
> Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size
> of the collection.
>>Parameter name: index
>
> Error Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than
> the size of the collection.
>>Parameter name: index
>
> Source File: Not available
>
> Line Number: Not available
>
> Request URL: http://crm01:5555/AppWebServices/UserManager.asmx
>
> Stack Trace Info:    at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
>>   at
>> System.DirectoryServices.ResultPropertyValueCollection.get_Item(Int32
>>   at
>> Microsoft.Crm.Application.WebServices.UserManagementService.UserManager.GetUserProperty(SearchResult
>> user, String property)
>>   at
>> Microsoft.Crm.Application.WebServices.UserManagementService.UserManager.RetrieveADUserProperties(String
>> domainAccountName)
>
> Type: Application
>

> --
> John.
> http://mscrmguy.blogspot.com/

0
Daniel

Replication and the 2 SQL Jobs "REPL-Snapshot"
Replication and the 2 SQL Jobs "REPL-Snapshot". We have disabled the jobs for 6 months. >From research my understanding is that these jobs just need to be run once to create the files in the mscrm/unc....folders. Once those files are created this job may be turned off. If any schema changes are made these would then need to be run again so that changes get reflected on the clients MSDE. I am after confirmation that the above is indeed correct The Sync is also very slow . Any advises ...

Excel Progrom Error

Ask 2 MSFT Experts About v8.0 Security
Hello all, Welcome to the first Business Solutions Community discussion held directly in the Microsoft Great Plains newsgroup. During the week of September 20th, Microsoft Escalation Engineer Kelly Youells and Microsoft Senior Development Consultant David Musgrave will answer your version 8.0 security questions directly in this newsgroup thread. How is this different than any other week in the newsgroup? While product experts like Kelly and David may frequent the newsgroup during their workweek to answer as many questions as they can, they don't necessarily *solicit* questions o...

Data Migration Problem #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C4C0C4.D0290A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Bonjour all, I have been struggling with the data migration problem for a long = time... and get stuck in the middle of the road. I am importing company data from either excel or text files into the = cdf_Product table of SQL server (cdf_mscrm database) using the SQL Query = Analyzer, where a problem is encountered that in the table structure, = there exists the product id as the primary key (data type: SQLI...

Sharebuilder account import error

Information for Visio 5 users
If you have Visio 5 you should seriously consider upgrading before November 30th. Currently Visio 5 is the oldest version of Visio that qualifies for an upgrade. When Visio 2003 is released on Oct 21st, Visio 2000 will be the oldest version that qualifies for an upgrade. At that point Visio 5 will no longer qualify for an upgrade and you will have to pay full retail price for a newer version of Visio. Until Oct 30th, Visio 5 users can upgrade to Visio 2002 and will qualify for a "free" upgrade to Visio 2003 under Microsoft's Technology guarantee. (There will be a nominal cost f...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

FRX 6.7 Does not recognize user signon or password.
I am setting up FRX 6.7 on a test pc with Windows XP, and Microsoft Office 2003, I tried to signon to The General Fund as the administrator, but it does not recognize the password. It does not recognize passwords from any users. Therefore no one can sign on I believe this was fixed in a service pack.... If you already have FRx installed elsewhere, you should match the service pack that you have there. If you do not, the latest service pack is SP 9. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "janieb" <janieb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

ERROR

Adding font (CE 5.0)
Hi I add fonts with plateform builder in my platform project. All seem correct, but I don't find the files font in the directory windows (Windows or windows\Fonts). So I'am not able to change the font in my application. Do i forget something ? Thanks for help Alro I have found. I must not use "Raster Fonts Support" from plateform builder catalog. ...

error, chkdsk

Access 2.0 Converter 09-27-04
I have installed the converter for moving from Access 2.0 to Access 2003 running under Windows XP Professional. However Access 2003 still tells me I need to convert the database and does not recognise the converter has been installed, so points me again to the Microsoft Website to obtain the converter. Any suggestions please. Hi Colin, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Are you sure that you ran the .exe file for the Access 2.0 Converter so that it was installed? To download the Access 2.0 Converter free of charge, visit the following Micro...

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Visual Studio 7 project subfolders #2
I know this may not be the exact group to ask this in, but in VS6.0 I used to be able to create subfolders within a project to keep my classes divided up conveniently. I just got VS7, however, and i can't seem to find any way to create subfolders. I can create subfolders for an entire SOLUTION, but not within a project. Am I missing or forgetting something here? Thanks! Duy Lam ...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Cannot remove email from user
Exchange 2003 on Windows server 2000, selecting an SMTP email for a user and selecting to remove it. Once removed it comes back within a few hours - arhhhhhh!!!! It's driving me crazy because it makes itself the primary address aswell. Any help would be greatly appriciated. you mean an smtp address? is "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy." selected? is it an address your recipient policy specifies? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <itsshaz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152197598.537329.317470@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Exchange 2003 ...

Typing message error