Entity XSD schemas are invalid

Hi,

As part of doing a custom integration using BizTalk 2004, we need to
do mappings between MS CRM and other applications.

However the xsd's provided with the SDK and the stored procedures
generating them are/produce invalid (non-w3c compliant) xsd.

It might be an idea for someone in the MS CRM dev group to go over
these xsd's with a validator and fix the incorrect sections, including
th generating stored procedures so updated schemas can be made
available for integration purposes.

Best Regards

Thomas Scheelhardt
0
Thomas
7/20/2004 7:37:42 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have found the majority of examples in the SDK are
incorrect and though they compile they return SOAP or
invalid XSD errors.
I agree that someone needs to review these and publish
correctly formatted ones
Anna

0
anonymous
7/27/2004 1:38:42 PM
This is a known issue in both 1.0 and 1.2. For now there's a way you can get
the correct XSD for any entity. Check out
http://inside-mscrm.blogspot.com/2004/06/dealing-with-broken-xsd.html for a
short walk-through on reading the metadata and constructing the XSD. The
procedure isn't pretty, but it does work.

--
Mj Miller
Technical Lead

>I have found the majority of examples in the SDK are
> incorrect and though they compile they return SOAP or
> invalid XSD errors.
> I agree that someone needs to review these and publish
> correctly formatted ones
> Anna

0
Mj

Mon. 2004 "Invalid Format" Error
Hello to all. Hope someone can help. After everything has installed "succesfully" and I try to run the program I get the message Windows can't run this program because it is an inalid format. I have window ME 256 MG Ram 65% free with the money installed 32 bit memory 32 bit file system Does anyone know what the problem is? If you need more info please write in. Thanks, Robin ...

adding a custom activity to CRM 3.0 schema
Hello, I would like to add a custom activity (Contact Us Form Submission) to the CRM schema. My hopes are that it will show up like any other activity in the CRM, including being listed in the history when viewing a contact. We want to integrate our website contact us form to automatically submit the form results into the CRM. I played around a bit with adding a custom entity, but I could not get it to be recognized as a new type of activity. I also looked at extending the Activity schema as it has an Activity Type attribute that is a list of the activity types that I would like thi...

Relationships Between Entities
I have created a new custom entity called "Account Management" in MS CRM 3.0 and set up a "Referential" relationship between "Account Management" as the Primary Entity and "Account Management" as the Related Entity. I also have a relationship to the Account Entity. They look like this on one line: Primary Entity Account Mgmt. Related Entity Opportunity Type of Behavior Referential and Primary Entity Account Related Entity Account Mgmt, Type of Behavior Referential Now when I am in the new Account Management Entity and have created a new record ba...

Complex Type Collision with XSD.exe
I am having difficulty coming up with an elegant solution to a problem that I am having. I have a web service that processes different types of requests and return the appropriate response. Each request and response type has its own schema, and requests and responses are in different namespaces. The problem is that there are several common global complex types among the requests and responses. For example each response has an ErrorDetails collection for reporting non-fatal errors, and each request has a named value pair type called ValuePair. When I generate the classes for these schemas ...

GL posting date is invalid.
Good morning: 'When attempting a payables check run we keep erring out. When we print out the edit list all the checks in the list come up with the following error: "GL posting date is invalid. This transaction contains errors. It won't be posted. " When we look at the trx dates and details , posting date (server and client), everthing checks out. Anyone have this problem. -- Jim Bourque Hi Jim, Yes, I have a client using Version 8.0 that this message appears on the edit list, but when they post it posts through ok, yet the posting journal has the message. How...

Look Up Address buton for Contact Entity
Hi, I desperatly and urgently need some help. I noticed that there is a 'Look up Address' button on the a quote in CRM. This button allows you to pick from the 'more addresses' and populate fields on the quote form. I need similiar functionality on the contact form. Within a contact, I want a 'Look up Address' button. When the user clicks that button, I want to be able to select any of the more addresses that have been entered for that contact's parent account, and then populate the address info for that contact. My address fields are mapped between the a...

XSD /element problem
I am trying to generate C# classes for a specific element in a= schema using the XSD=2EEXE tool=2E Assume an XSD file that defines= an element, Foo, containing an element, Bar=2E The Bar element= contains a singe attribute, width=2E I want to generate a schema= for the Bar element=2E XSD=2EEXE offers the following command option: /element:<element> Element from schema to process=2E Short From [sic] is '/e:'=2E When I run this: XSD=2EEXE /c /e:Foo/Bar I get this error: Warning: cannot generate classes because no top-level= elements with complex type were ...

Cannot void credit card transactions
For some reason we can't void transactions. When I try to do the void, it will first give the error message: "an invalid card number was detected." If I try to re-enter the card information correctly (swipe or hand-key) it starts to process the void, but never finishes. The status bars indicate that something is happening, but I don't believe them. It will take about 10 min to reach the end of the status bar box (the blue squares) and then it will stop and do nothing and the only way to close it is by shutting down the whole program-- ctrl+alt+del. We can, however, recall tr...

12 2003 Frontend's in DMZ can't talk to schema master
SP1 won't initialize correclty or install, seems tobe that the schema level cannot be verified. Options: 1).Open FW to schema master.....Which ports are needed 3268, 389, 135 and TCP High ports? 2). Move Frontends to BackNet temporarily to install SP1 Does the install verify Schema on every single install or just on the first Front-end server? ...

T-SQL invalid in the select list
Hello: When I run the query below, I get the message message saying “Column 'PHAS2.dbo.POP30300.VENDORID' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause”. Any ideas? childofthe1980s select POP30300.VENDORID As [Vend #], POP30300.VENDNAME As [Vendor Name], POP30310.PONUMBER As [P/O #], POP30310.ITEMDESC As [Description], SUM(POP30300.SUBTOTAL) As [Approved Amount], PM30300.APTODCDT As [Date Paid], PM30300.APPLDAMT As [Full/Partial Amt Paid], 0 As SortOrder from PHAS2.dbo.POP30300 As POP30300 INNER JOIN PHAS2.dbo.PO...

System entity
Hi I have run into abit of a problem when trying to customize a client's crm. Abit of background: The client is extensively involved in project management, which means they often need to create purchase orders on a client's behalf. This means that the person the order is for, the person the order should be billed to and the address the order needs to be delivered to may be 3 entirely different entities. Standard CRM supports seperate addresses to be used for billing and delivery, but isn't flexible enough to automatically fill in addresses of different accounts. So ins...

Creating Entity
Is there a GP utility on how to create a new entity/database? regards, Yes, GP Utilities will create a new company database, if that's what you are asking. -- Charles Allen, MVP "tintin91" wrote: > Is there a GP utility on how to create a new entity/database? > > > > regards, ...

How to move all dbo schema objects to another schema?
Does anyone know of a way to move all objects in a db from schema dbo to another schema? mat (mat@notarealdotcom.adr) writes: > Does anyone know of a way to move all objects in a db from schema dbo to > another schema? In theory: SELECT 'ALTER SCHEMA newschema TRANSFER dbo.' + quotename(name) FROM sys.objects WHERE schema_id = 1 Excute and run result. But before you go ahead, beware of that in practice it is a lot more difficult. For starters you should probably add a WHERE clause to the SELECT, so that you don't include object types like cons...

Post-Update Callout on assignment of entity?
Hello all, I'm attempting to use a post-update callout to trap when an entity is reassigned and catch the new owner. The callout works as built right now (just printing the update info to a text file), and gets triggered on a reassign, but I don't see any fields in the OrigOwnerXml that would indicate that its indeed been reassigned, nor do I see the current or previous owner anywhere. How can I catch an assign event in a callout? It should be possible, since it can be done in the workflow manager, but I need a degree of customization that's not available there. Any suggestions...

Document load problem with entities
When I load a document, it have text "&ntilde;" I recibe an error: Reference to undeclared entity, 'Ntilde' "Ntilde" is an entity of iso-8859-1, why load method can't load it. How can I refer entities ISO-8859-1? Please help me... Miquel Lab�ria wrote: > When I load a document, it have text "&ntilde;" I recibe an error: > Reference to undeclared entity, 'Ntilde' > "Ntilde" is an entity of iso-8859-1, why load method can't load it. There is only 5 predefined entities in XML - &lt;, &gt;, &apos;, &a...

Replace Account entity with Contact entity
I would like to disable the account entity as all my customers are individual person not a company. Is this possible? Or if it is not possible can I just ignore the Account entity and what are the consequences of doing this? -- dwoo Hi dwoo, Contacts are independent entities and they can be created without any associated account. Most features that can be associated with an account can also be associated with Contacts.. so I guess it may work without issues. HTH, Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web:...

Identifying XML schema validation errors in.NET 2.0
In .NET 1.x the validating reader used an XmlTextReader which had LineNumber and LinePosition properties so you could report where the validation took place. In 2.0 the XmlReader is a validating reader but has no line number or position properties so how can you tell where the error occured? --Buddy After doing some more searching I found the XmlSchemaException class. It has a LineNumber and a LinePosition property. I thought my problems were solved. Not so. Those properties alwasy appear to be zero. So I'm still stuck. "Buddy Ackerman" <buddy_N0SPAM@buddyackerma...

Entity Polymorphism
Hi, What is the best way to customize polymorphism entities? For example, a product is an absract product which can be a product of kind "A" with kind "A" attirbutes, picklists, or kind "B" kind "B" with kind "B" attirbutes, picklists, or kind "C" with kind "C" attirbutes, picklists. The business works with product as general which requires to have all prodcuts of a customer under the same name of "products of customer". Thanks Add all attributes of the different product types to your product entity and group t...

When to use custom entity or account/contact
I have found scattered information on the web about this topic but am having a difficult time finding a good reference. So I would like to open it up to the group: What would you say the criteria should be when choosing between creating a custom entity or using a core record type like account or contact. What are the advantages/disadvanteges of either approach? I'm mostly looking for information about version 4.0, but would be interested to hear thoughts about this topic for 3.0 as well. On Oct 27, 8:50=A0am, Chris <Ch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have found ...

activities and customized entities
I have created a customized entity (Jobs) that has a relationship with accounts. If I link an appointment or activity in Outlook (using the Theme or topic - "Tema" in italian version) to the Job the chronology or the engagement of the job is not automatically visible in chronology of the account, as it's true for cases-accounts, for example. Someone can help me? Thanks ...

Is it an Entity or what
I Have a Client who is in the Apartments renting Business. They have about 100 units to rent out .with Different types of Configurations and Decorations. the leasing period is 2 years .how ever after 2 years they don't want to recreate a Unit they just want to link a new Tenant to it .any Ideas how I can create a Static List of Units. You can create a "unit" entity and then link it to contacts. You can also create a middle entity that would like Unit to Contact plus maintian information about the rental agreement, if necessary. "New to this" wrote: > I...

Get valid values for an element from its schema
How can one get a list of enumeration values for a given element in an XML schema? I have been looking at the Schema Object Model, but I'm making very little headway. Can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction? Specifically, I am using Actions Pane to assist in creating a WordML document. For elements with enumerated values, I want to provide the user with the list of valid values from the schema. For example, if I have an element defined like this: <xs:element name="distribtype"> <xs:simpleType> <xs:restriction base="xs:token"> <...

Invalidating CFormView will not repaing Grid
Hello, I have a MFC SDI CFormView application that has a TabControl on it. In the tabcontrol there is Mr. Chris Maunders MFC Grid. When I do Invalidate(); the grid will not repaint and goes blank(white). All other controls on the View repaints OK. Any suggestions where I should start looking? // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! Is the Grid a child of the CFormView or a child of the TabCtrl? Run your application. Make sure that your application will not be ...

Custom entity add businessunit attribute #2
I have created a new entity. In the form I want to have a filed with businessunits. There is an attribute named owningbusinessunit but that attribute is not selectable under forms and view ---> form ---> add fields What have I done wrong or it is the way Microsoft CRM works? Don't worry! This is a system field and cannot be added onto the form. You can add a custom business unit field by creating a new attribute. HTH, Niths "刀客" wrote: > I have created a new entity. In the form I want to have a filed with > businessunits. There > is an attribute named owni...

Exception when creating entities under the Accounts entity
Dear all, When creating entitities from within the Account entity (i.e Contacts, Oppoertunities, Quotes, Orders etc) we getv the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unspecified error Stack Trace: [COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMCustomizationClass.Transform(CUserAuth& Caller, CObjectName& SourceObject, Int32 TargetObjectType, Int32 TargetFieldType) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.CreateFrom(Int32 sourceEntityType, String sourceEnt...