Entities with Multiple Entries - or Campaigns? - HELP please

I hope someone out there will be kind enough to help me with this dilemma.  
Sorry this is lengthy but hopefully the description will make it easier to 
offer assistance.  :-)

We do a number of "marketing events" to which we invite clients and 
prospects.  I've been reading a number of posts and thought I would be 
brilliant and create a new entity called "Marketing Events."  In my dream I 
thought I would be able to create a list of events on one screen, then within 
contacts I would be able to select an event that a person had attended.  
Again, in my dream, I had this vision of my salespeople being able to click 
on a contact, then click on Marketing Events, and they would get a list of 
all events that person had attended (and, conversely, perhaps click on 
Marketing Events and get a list of all contacts who had attended).  My vision 
is actually quite similar to how Marketing Lists are defined currently (only 
with a better lookup view).  

I created an entity called Marketing Events and added the attributes I 
wanted - event name, event date, etc.  I created all of the forms, including 
the "main application form" to include the attributes I wanted.  When I 
created the entity, I told it to be accessible in Workplace, Sales, and 
Marketing.  I then created a one to many relationship with contacts, and an 
many to one relationship from contacts to marketing events.  So, that didn't 
work out.  I could never find out how to add marketing events so that I could 
then "pick" them when in a contact record, and the contact record wanted me 
to create every marketing event anew for every contact.  Also "Marketing 
Events" appeared in my workplace menu, but when I click it, nothing happens.  
The only time I could click it and have the screen change was when I was 
inside a contact record.

So I deleted that entity and tried again, only this time I created no 
additional relationships.  I still have the same problem - I can't see the 
"Marketing Events" when in "Sales;" I can see it when in workplace but when I 
click it nothing happens, and I can see it in Marketing but again, when I 
click it, nothing happens.

I've even scrutinized how "Marketing Lists" are defined and tried to 
duplicate (although I may not have looked at the "mappings" within the 
entity).  I've been at this for hours and I can't make it work.  It seems 
there has got to be a way to make my little dream a reality.  Can anyone 
offer any assistance that does not involve a programmer and an SDK?

BTW, I am not that familiar with Campaigns and Quick Campaigns, but I went 
through them earlier thinking they might work for me.  I think they are 
horrible, but I would use them if I could easily get the results I need and 
make those results easily accessible to my salespeople.  I like my vision 
better than campaigns, but if it can't be done, I could use a little help 
figuring out how to use campaigns more effectively.

A heartfelt thanks to all who respond.
-- 
Mags
Just Another CRM User, sometimes completely frustrated, in St. Louis MO
0
Mags (3)
1/24/2007 2:45:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

1 Replies
423 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

Hi Mags,

Yes, you will be able to see the events attended from both Contacts and 
Marketing Events.

The relationship between Contact and Marketing Events will be maintained by 
way of using Events Attended which will contain lookups for Contact and 
Marketing Events. Using these fields, you can associate a contact with a 
marketing event.

You can include the event date field in Events Attended but this will have 
to be filled in either using a callout or manually. If the Events Attended 
record is being created from the left navigation of Marketing Event, the 
event date can be filled in automatically using Mappings.

And no, you will not be able to create more than one lookup from the same 
entity.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

HTH,
Niths




"Mags" wrote:

> Hi Niths;
> 
> Thanks for your reply.  I'm not sure I completely understand how to do this. 
>  Will I be able to go to the contact record and see how many events they have 
> attended?  Will I be able to go to the event and see the contacts who 
> attended?
> 
> Also, I'd like to be able to maintain "event date" as a separate field from 
> the "event name" - will I be able to create a lookup in the "events attended" 
> entity for more than one field from the "events" entity?
> 
> I am going to press on and try this, but any additional advice would be 
> appreciated more than you can know.
> 
> Thanks to you and all those who respond to these requests out here.
> -- 
> Mags
> Just Another CRM User, sometimes completely frustrated, in St. Louis MO
> 
> 
> "Niths" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Mags,
> > 
> > Maybe you can create an intermediate custom entity between Contacts and 
> > Marketing Events. Create a relationship between Marketing events and the 
> > custom entity - let's call it 'Events Attended' - and another one between 
> > Events Attended and Contact.
> > 
> > Customize the Events Attended form to include 2 lookup fields - Marketing 
> > event lookup and Contact lookup.
> > 
> > This way, you can associate a Contact record with a Marketing event. Each 
> > Events Attended record will contain the Contact Id and the Marketing event 
> > attended.  The only issue is that you will have to create one record at a 
> > time.
> > 
> > Sorry if this sounds really basic, but please remember to publish your 
> > customizations. A simple refresh after the publish has helped me in a few 
> > near hair-splitting situations! :)
> > 
> > HTH,
> > Niths
> > 
> > "Mags" wrote:
> > 
> > > I hope someone out there will be kind enough to help me with this dilemma.  
> > > Sorry this is lengthy but hopefully the description will make it easier to 
> > > offer assistance.  :-)
> > > 
> > > We do a number of "marketing events" to which we invite clients and 
> > > prospects.  I've been reading a number of posts and thought I would be 
> > > brilliant and create a new entity called "Marketing Events."  In my dream I 
> > > thought I would be able to create a list of events on one screen, then within 
> > > contacts I would be able to select an event that a person had attended.  
> > > Again, in my dream, I had this vision of my salespeople being able to click 
> > > on a contact, then click on Marketing Events, and they would get a list of 
> > > all events that person had attended (and, conversely, perhaps click on 
> > > Marketing Events and get a list of all contacts who had attended).  My vision 
> > > is actually quite similar to how Marketing Lists are defined currently (only 
> > > with a better lookup view).  
> > > 
> > > I created an entity called Marketing Events and added the attributes I 
> > > wanted - event name, event date, etc.  I created all of the forms, including 
> > > the "main application form" to include the attributes I wanted.  When I 
> > > created the entity, I told it to be accessible in Workplace, Sales, and 
> > > Marketing.  I then created a one to many relationship with contacts, and an 
> > > many to one relationship from contacts to marketing events.  So, that didn't 
> > > work out.  I could never find out how to add marketing events so that I could 
> > > then "pick" them when in a contact record, and the contact record wanted me 
> > > to create every marketing event anew for every contact.  Also "Marketing 
> > > Events" appeared in my workplace menu, but when I click it, nothing happens.  
> > > The only time I could click it and have the screen change was when I was 
> > > inside a contact record.
> > > 
> > > So I deleted that entity and tried again, only this time I created no 
> > > additional relationships.  I still have the same problem - I can't see the 
> > > "Marketing Events" when in "Sales;" I can see it when in workplace but when I 
> > > click it nothing happens, and I can see it in Marketing but again, when I 
> > > click it, nothing happens.
> > > 
> > > I've even scrutinized how "Marketing Lists" are defined and tried to 
> > > duplicate (although I may not have looked at the "mappings" within the 
> > > entity).  I've been at this for hours and I can't make it work.  It seems 
> > > there has got to be a way to make my little dream a reality.  Can anyone 
> > > offer any assistance that does not involve a programmer and an SDK?
> > > 
> > > BTW, I am not that familiar with Campaigns and Quick Campaigns, but I went 
> > > through them earlier thinking they might work for me.  I think they are 
> > > horrible, but I would use them if I could easily get the results I need and 
> > > make those results easily accessible to my salespeople.  I like my vision 
> > > better than campaigns, but if it can't be done, I could use a little help 
> > > figuring out how to use campaigns more effectively.
> > > 
> > > A heartfelt thanks to all who respond.
> > > -- 
> > > Mags
> > > Just Another CRM User, sometimes completely frustrated, in St. Louis MO
0
Utf
1/25/2007 2:21:10 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

IMAP and SMTP from multiple identies/accounts
Hello All, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with this... I have an IMAP account that filters my mail into various folders on the server before I even connect with my email client. I like this feature as my mail is filtered no matter where I read it, whether it be from a web browser or via a desktop IMAP client. The problem I am having is the following. I need to be able to send email from different accounts. I have 2 different accounts. One is business and one is personal. Both email accounts come into the IMAP store and are filtered on the server side as I mentio...

total of multiple rows + multiply
I have column A (10 rows with different amounts) column B (10 rows with different amounts) I need the total from column B once it was multiplied by A I can do column C A*B and then B1:B10. What would be the formula without creating column C -- smile Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A10,B1:B10) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "israel" <israel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:300392AA-A4E6-4443-A21D-45B077DCCA51@microsoft.com... >I have column A (10 rows with different amounts) > column B (10 rows with different amounts) > I need the t...

Multiple email Domains on SBS2008
I need to receive email directed to the SBS2008 from 3 FQDM's. All 3 domains have MX --> mail.domain.com ; A Records pointing to the WAN IP of the SBS2008 server. When I run the Internet Address Wizard, I see that I can change the alias from REMOTE to MAIL. Will this configure my mail server to look for mail at mail.domain.com, and if so can I just add the remaining domains manually in the accepted Domains sections of Exchange system Manager? Hosting Multiple Domains on SBS 2008/Exchange 2007 http://sbs.seandaniel.com/2008/10/hosting-multiple-domains-on-sbs.html -- ...

Transpose multiplication
When I multiply two vector arrays, one in a column and another in a row, I do it with the TRANSPOSE() function. Long time ago someone told me that the same thing could be done using simbols in a special way (brackets, may be). I used the method and it worked, but now I can not remember it. It had advantages over the TRASPOSE() function, so if anyone remember how this is done, I'll preciate letting me know. Thanks, Cap Kirk Cap Kirk wrote: > When I multiply two vector arrays, one in a column and another in a row, I > do it with the TRANSPOSE() function. Long time ago someone told...

Relationships Between Entities
I have created a new custom entity called "Account Management" in MS CRM 3.0 and set up a "Referential" relationship between "Account Management" as the Primary Entity and "Account Management" as the Related Entity. I also have a relationship to the Account Entity. They look like this on one line: Primary Entity Account Mgmt. Related Entity Opportunity Type of Behavior Referential and Primary Entity Account Related Entity Account Mgmt, Type of Behavior Referential Now when I am in the new Account Management Entity and have created a new record ba...

series of numbers in multiple text boxes?
Using Publisher, how or can you put a series of numbers in multiple text boxes on different pages? Are the numbers in a database and you intend to merge? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Angelheartt" <Angelheartt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50283A87-6B0B-49C6-A405-F6619CFF46B1@microsoft.com... > Using Publisher, how or can you put a series of numbers in multiple text > boxes on different pages? ...

Multiple versions of a catalog in Word
Hi Team, I hope you can help me. My boss has asked me to create a flexible catalog of our products to be distributed in a couple of different regions. We would like the ability to easily make changes across the entire catalog to reflect changes specific to a particular region. For example, he would like to make a U.S. catalog and a Canadian version, and with as few clicks as possible, make the prices in the Canadian catalog reflect an adjustment because of currency. Is there an easy way to do this? I am reserved to the fact that I will probably have to have an external document ...

Look Up Address buton for Contact Entity
Hi, I desperatly and urgently need some help. I noticed that there is a 'Look up Address' button on the a quote in CRM. This button allows you to pick from the 'more addresses' and populate fields on the quote form. I need similiar functionality on the contact form. Within a contact, I want a 'Look up Address' button. When the user clicks that button, I want to be able to select any of the more addresses that have been entered for that contact's parent account, and then populate the address info for that contact. My address fields are mapped between the a...

Multiple Versions Of File #2
Thanks, but that doesn't seem to work. When I open the workbook file it opens as a hidden file with multiple versions hidden. I don't kno how the file became hidden, or why multiple versions stay associate with the file....but it's driving me crazy. I'd like to have the fil open regular, not hidden, and only have one version. Anyone have an ideas -- ss ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sss's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1542 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...

Bulk Email in Campaign Activity
I need to resolve following problem. We need to send bulk emails in our campaings through our messaging gateway services. If we send email from individual, there will become PreSend method and we run callout, which sends an email to our MG. But when we try tu send emails from campaign, the emails are stored only in local smtp, so there isnt obviously called presend method. Does anybody have any idea, how to resolve this problem? Thanks a lot Cambi Is this CRM v3 or v4? I believe your issue might be related to the event happening in the child pipeline. Chris CRM v3 "ChrisC"...

System entity
Hi I have run into abit of a problem when trying to customize a client's crm. Abit of background: The client is extensively involved in project management, which means they often need to create purchase orders on a client's behalf. This means that the person the order is for, the person the order should be billed to and the address the order needs to be delivered to may be 3 entirely different entities. Standard CRM supports seperate addresses to be used for billing and delivery, but isn't flexible enough to automatically fill in addresses of different accounts. So ins...

how do i format a multiple page brochure?
i am trying to print a multiple page brochure and want to know how to format the final document so the pages come out in the correct order. critic <critic@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > i am trying to print a multiple page brochure and want to know how to > format the final document so the pages come out in the correct order. You already posted this question once. It depends entirely on how you want the finished publication to look. And on your version of Publisher Your best bet is to use File > Page Setup > Booklet. -- Ed Bennett - MV...

Post-Update Callout on assignment of entity?
Hello all, I'm attempting to use a post-update callout to trap when an entity is reassigned and catch the new owner. The callout works as built right now (just printing the update info to a text file), and gets triggered on a reassign, but I don't see any fields in the OrigOwnerXml that would indicate that its indeed been reassigned, nor do I see the current or previous owner anywhere. How can I catch an assign event in a callout? It should be possible, since it can be done in the workflow manager, but I need a degree of customization that's not available there. Any suggestions...

newb
I have a request for crm 3.0. The request is to have one attribute like "price" but 3 fields to input 3 different prices into the system. The reason: They want to put up to 3 products into a quote and 3 prices to match. Can this be done in CRM 3.0? ...

Creating Entity
Is there a GP utility on how to create a new entity/database? regards, Yes, GP Utilities will create a new company database, if that's what you are asking. -- Charles Allen, MVP "tintin91" wrote: > Is there a GP utility on how to create a new entity/database? > > > > regards, ...

How do I Auto-Filter with multiple values in a cell in Excel?
Is it possible to use the Auto-Filter in Excel 2003 in the following way: Cell Value: Requirements, Testing Cell Value: Requirements Cell Value: Testing Is there a way I can enter my cell value such that the Auto-Filter values will only show "Requirements" and "Testing" in the dropdown, but not "Requirements, Testing"? I've tried using ; , | and even hard returns as separators, but to no avail. Am I asking too much of the auto-filter? Thanks in advance Unless you create another column to indicate the match, I think you are asking too m...

Multiple email account = multiple inbox how?
I have multiple email account with my isp bellsouth fastaccess and am using outlook 2002 the problem is that when i do a send/recieve all the new emails goes into 1 inbox for all the bellsouth email accounts (3) my hotmail account goes into its own seperate inbox folder. How do i set it up so that each email account has its own seperate inbox ? Thank you for any help On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:44:39 -0700, "Arron Glickman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have multiple email account with my isp bellsouth >fastaccess and am using outlook 2002 the proble...

Distinct Counts with Multiple Criteria
Each month we produce a complex report in Excel using thousands of rows of data. We've just been asked to add in a new table which needs to use distinct counts based on multiple criteria. I've included an example of the data below. How can I create a formula to complete the results table as I have manually entered below? A B C D 1 NAME DEPT LOCATION TYPE 2 Mary Finance A Primary 3 Sally Finance B Primary 4 Sally Finance B Primary 5 Mary IT A Primary 6 John Finance B Secondary 7 John Finance B Secondary 8 David Admin A Primary 9 John IT B Secondary 10 Da...

How to generate a report from multiple lists in Excel 2003?
I have a workbook that I am trying to use as an accessory order form for a wireless phone company. The workbook is comprised as multiple worksheets, one for each manufacturer. There is a column that denotes the quantity of each item ordered. I would like to generate an order summary at the end of the workbook that is easily printable for our wharehouse staff to fill orders. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated, as I have been racking my brain over this for about a week. -Thank You ...

Document load problem with entities
When I load a document, it have text "&ntilde;" I recibe an error: Reference to undeclared entity, 'Ntilde' "Ntilde" is an entity of iso-8859-1, why load method can't load it. How can I refer entities ISO-8859-1? Please help me... Miquel Lab�ria wrote: > When I load a document, it have text "&ntilde;" I recibe an error: > Reference to undeclared entity, 'Ntilde' > "Ntilde" is an entity of iso-8859-1, why load method can't load it. There is only 5 predefined entities in XML - &lt;, &gt;, &apos;, &a...

Add autotext drop-down menu to header and footer entry
I used to have a utility for Excel that added the same autotext drop-down menu that is in Word to an Excel spreadsheet. Does anyone know where to find or how to add via VBA? TIA -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com ...

Multiple Exchange Servers and Email Router
When installing CRM 4 Email Router in an environment with 2 Exchange servers, where do I need to install the Email Router? it is not requirement in CRM 4.0 to install the exchange router on exchange. All you need to do is to choose the exchange server name while configuring the router . I myself had installed the router on CRM server. /Aamir ...

Multiple Paychecks?
Hello, I'd like to know if Money (any version) can correctly match two paychecks in the same deposit if I download the transactions from my bank? I have one paycheck that gets deposited weekly, and the other bi-weekly. So twice a month there are deposits with multiple paychecks. Currently I'm using another financial software, but considering switching to Money. I'd like to know if it can handle this before I do. I have no previous experience with Microsoft Money. Thanks Jim Money (any version) can't match one $100 transaction downloaded from the bank with the combined effec...

Stop opening multiple versions of Excel when click on xls files
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, If I click on an xls file in Windows Explorer, it properly starts Excel and opens the file. However, if I need another file opened, and click on another xls file within Windows Explorer, instead of opening the file only, it starts up a new instance of Excel. So I can find myself with 3 or 4 (or more) instances of Excel running simultaneously. It's not a huge problem but I believe not necessary and would like to see if I can find a way of only opening the file in question once Excel is already opened, etc. Any ideas? Thanks. On Jun 28, 2:55 pm, ste...

Replace Account entity with Contact entity
I would like to disable the account entity as all my customers are individual person not a company. Is this possible? Or if it is not possible can I just ignore the Account entity and what are the consequences of doing this? -- dwoo Hi dwoo, Contacts are independent entities and they can be created without any associated account. Most features that can be associated with an account can also be associated with Contacts.. so I guess it may work without issues. HTH, Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web:...