Email to case

It would be very helpful if CRM could promote an incoming email to a case
automatically.

Scenario: Customer sends an email to support@company.com and CRM creates a
case automatically without user intervention. This would help our company to
cut costs because now we have to buy that plugin vom c360 which costs
additional 35$ per CRM user.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=584bfba7-4595-4781-a2e0-6ba6ac262fce&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Michael,

Michael Blaut wrote:
> It would be very helpful if CRM could promote an incoming email to a
> case automatically.
>
> Scenario: Customer sends an email to support@company.com and CRM
> creates a case automatically without user intervention. This would
> help our company to cut costs because now we have to buy that plugin
> vom c360 which costs additional 35$ per CRM user.

J�rgen Beck, a german CRM-MVP wrote code and documentation on how to do
this.

You would have to register (free) at the german crm-community:
http://www.mscrm-community.de/crmcommunity/forums/thread/52.aspx

and then download the document.

If you understand german (might be, if I look at your name) you'll have no
problem, if you don't understand german then just look at the code and the
screenshots.
--
Cheers/Liebe Gr��e

Arne Janning
Avanade Germany
http://www.avanade.com

0
Arne
5/9/2006 3:38:04 PM
Hi Arne,

yes I'm German. Thank you very much for that link. This description is
really nice - will try it tomorrow.

Arne Janning wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> J�rgen Beck, a german CRM-MVP wrote code and documentation on how to
> do this.
>
> You would have to register (free) at the german crm-community:
> http://www.mscrm-community.de/crmcommunity/forums/thread/52.aspx
>
> and then download the document.
>
> If you understand german (might be, if I look at your name) you'll
> have no problem, if you don't understand german then just look at the
> code and the screenshots.

0
Michael
5/9/2006 4:11:04 PM
I (being your typical "uni-lingual" American), don't speak a word of German.
Fortunately, Google does!  I was able to navigate to the site, get signed
up, download the EXCELLENT document, translate it (using google again) and
managed to get it to work.  All I can say is "J�rgen , you are my hero!"
The inability to create a case from an email has been one of my biggest
frustrations with CRM.  Thanks for your time putting this together and
making it available to us less skilled folks (and thanks to Arne for posting
the link).

Many thanks,

Neil

"Michael Blaut" <mblaut@arcor.de> wrote in message
> Hi Arne,
>
> yes I'm German. Thank you very much for that link. This description is
> really nice - will try it tomorrow.
>
> Arne Janning wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> J�rgen Beck, a german CRM-MVP wrote code and documentation on how to
>> do this.
>>
>> You would have to register (free) at the german crm-community:
>> http://www.mscrm-community.de/crmcommunity/forums/thread/52.aspx
>>
>> and then download the document.
>>
>> If you understand german (might be, if I look at your name) you'll
>> have no problem, if you don't understand german then just look at the
>> code and the screenshots.

0
Neil
5/11/2006 5:21:01 PM
"Neil" <blots@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>I (being your typical "uni-lingual" American), don't speak a word of
>German. Fortunately, Google does!  I was able to navigate to the site, get
>signed up, download the EXCELLENT document, translate it (using google
>again) and managed to get it to work.  All I can say is "J�rgen , you are
>my hero!" The inability to create a case from an email has been one of my
>biggest frustrations with CRM.  Thanks for your time putting this together
>and making it available to us less skilled folks (and thanks to Arne for
>posting the link).
>
> Many thanks,

Dear Neil,

thank you for your nice feedback.

If you want to write this feedback also on the community site you are very
welcome. :-)

Just reply in english to this article:
http://www.mscrm-community.de/crmcommunity/forums/thread/48.aspx

Best regards,
J�rgen
--
J�rgen Beck
Dipl. Kfm./Wirtschaftsinformatik

Very happy to do so.

Neil

"J�rgen Beck" <nospam2newsgroup@Juergen-Beck.de> wrote in message
> "Neil" <blots@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>>I (being your typical "uni-lingual" American), don't speak a word of
>>German. Fortunately, Google does!  I was able to navigate to the site, get
>>signed up, download the EXCELLENT document, translate it (using google
>>again) and managed to get it to work.  All I can say is "J�rgen , you are
>>my hero!" The inability to create a case from an email has been one of my
>>biggest frustrations with CRM.  Thanks for your time putting this together
>>and making it available to us less skilled folks (and thanks to Arne for
>>posting the link).
>>
>> Many thanks,
>
> Dear Neil,
>
> thank you for your nice feedback.
>
> If you want to write this feedback also on the community site you are very
> welcome. :-)
>
> Just reply in english to this article:
> http://www.mscrm-community.de/crmcommunity/forums/thread/48.aspx
>
> Best regards,
> J�rgen
> --
> J�rgen Beck
> Dipl. Kfm./Wirtschaftsinformatik
> MVP f�r Microsoft CRM (Second Competence: Visual C# .NET)
> MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT
> Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Master - Microsoft CRM Developer
> http://www.Juergen-Beck.de
> http://www.mscrm-community.de

0
Neil
5/16/2006 3:49:12 PM
Neil:

Any way you can write up a quick english version?
I downloaded the german document, and tried translating it, but there are a
few things I'm not clear on, and seeing as how you've implemented it
successfully, I'm interested in hearing how you did it.  I think an english
guide would be much appreciated by many people.

Thanks,
  Barrett

"Neil" wrote:

> I (being your typical "uni-lingual" American), don't speak a word of German.
> Fortunately, Google does!  I was able to navigate to the site, get signed
> up, download the EXCELLENT document, translate it (using google again) and
> managed to get it to work.  All I can say is "Jürgen , you are my hero!"
> The inability to create a case from an email has been one of my biggest
> frustrations with CRM.  Thanks for your time putting this together and
> making it available to us less skilled folks (and thanks to Arne for posting
> the link).
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Neil
>
> "Michael Blaut" <mblaut@arcor.de> wrote in message
> > Hi Arne,
> >
> > yes I'm German. Thank you very much for that link. This description is
> > really nice - will try it tomorrow.
> >
> > Arne Janning wrote:
> >> Hi Michael,
> >>
> >> Jürgen Beck, a german CRM-MVP wrote code and documentation on how to
> >> do this.
> >>
> >> You would have to register (free) at the german crm-community:
> >> http://www.mscrm-community.de/crmcommunity/forums/thread/52.aspx
> >>
> >> and then download the document.
> >>
> >> If you understand german (might be, if I look at your name) you'll
> >> have no problem, if you don't understand german then just look at the
> >> code and the screenshots.

If J�rgen gives the ok, I would be happy to post what I've "translated"
here.  In the meantime, if you have an email address you would be ok posting
here, I can send it directly to you.  Not sure if my version will be any
better than the one you translated though!  Unfortunately, I did a "bad" and
I didn't keep notes on what I issues I ran into getting it to work.

Neil

PS - I've been bad as of late at monitoring the newsgroups, so if I don't
get back to you right away, be patient - it might be a week till I get a
chance to check back as I am in the throes of implementing Great Plains . .
..

"Barrett" <Barrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Neil:
>
> Any way you can write up a quick english version?
> I downloaded the german document, and tried translating it, but there are
> few things I'm not clear on, and seeing as how you've implemented it
> successfully, I'm interested in hearing how you did it.  I think an
> english
> guide would be much appreciated by many people.
>
> Thanks,
>  Barrett
>
> "Neil" wrote:
>
>> I (being your typical "uni-lingual" American), don't speak a word of
>> German.
>> Fortunately, Google does!  I was able to navigate to the site, get signed
>> up, download the EXCELLENT document, translate it (using google again)
>> and
>> managed to get it to work.  All I can say is "J�rgen , you are my hero!"
>> The inability to create a case from an email has been one of my biggest
>> frustrations with CRM.  Thanks for your time putting this together and
>> making it available to us less skilled folks (and thanks to Arne for
>> posting
>> the link).
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Neil
>>
>> "Michael Blaut" <mblaut@arcor.de> wrote in message
>> > Hi Arne,
>> >
>> > yes I'm German. Thank you very much for that link. This description is
>> > really nice - will try it tomorrow.

0
Neil
6/29/2006 2:50:39 PM
Click on my name and you'll be able to see my email.

Thanks again.

"Neil" wrote:

> If Jürgen gives the ok, I would be happy to post what I've "translated"
> here.  In the meantime, if you have an email address you would be ok posting
> here, I can send it directly to you.  Not sure if my version will be any
> better than the one you translated though!  Unfortunately, I did a "bad" and
> I didn't keep notes on what I issues I ran into getting it to work.
>
> Neil
>
> PS - I've been bad as of late at monitoring the newsgroups, so if I don't
> get back to you right away, be patient - it might be a week till I get a
> chance to check back as I am in the throes of implementing Great Plains . .
> ..
>
> "Barrett" <Barrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Neil:
> >
> > Any way you can write up a quick english version?
> > I downloaded the german document, and tried translating it, but there are
> > few things I'm not clear on, and seeing as how you've implemented it
> > successfully, I'm interested in hearing how you did it.  I think an
> > english
> > guide would be much appreciated by many people.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >  Barrett
> >
> > "Neil" wrote:
> >
> >> I (being your typical "uni-lingual" American), don't speak a word of
> >> German.
> >> Fortunately, Google does!  I was able to navigate to the site, get signed
> >> up, download the EXCELLENT document, translate it (using google again)
> >> and
> >> managed to get it to work.  All I can say is "Jürgen , you are my hero!"
> >> The inability to create a case from an email has been one of my biggest
> >> frustrations with CRM.  Thanks for your time putting this together and
> >> making it available to us less skilled folks (and thanks to Arne for
> >> posting
> >> the link).
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >>
> >> Neil
> >>
> >> "Michael Blaut" <mblaut@arcor.de> wrote in message

  Neil

 I have the same problem as Barret please
send me the translation to my e-mail : grobinson@tecnasa.com

thanks a lot,
Gilbert

"Barrett" wrote:

> Click on my name and you'll be able to see my email.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> "Neil" wrote:
>
> > If Jürgen gives the ok, I would be happy to post what I've "translated"
> > here.  In the meantime, if you have an email address you would be ok posting
> > here, I can send it directly to you.  Not sure if my version will be any
> > better than the one you translated though!  Unfortunately, I did a "bad" and
> > I didn't keep notes on what I issues I ran into getting it to work.
> >
> > Neil
> >
> > PS - I've been bad as of late at monitoring the newsgroups, so if I don't
> > get back to you right away, be patient - it might be a week till I get a
> > chance to check back as I am in the throes of implementing Great Plains . .
> > ..
> >
> > "Barrett" <Barrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Neil:
> > >
> > > Any way you can write up a quick english version?
> > > I downloaded the german document, and tried translating it, but there are
> > > few things I'm not clear on, and seeing as how you've implemented it
> > > successfully, I'm interested in hearing how you did it.  I think an
> > > english
> > > guide would be much appreciated by many people.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >  Barrett

On its way.
Neil

"Gilbert Robinson" <GilbertRobinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E9B064D4-41C8-4D8A-90E1-309C4C39706D@microsoft.com...
>  Neil
>
> I have the same problem as Barret please
> send me the translation to my e-mail : grobinson@tecnasa.com
>
> thanks a lot,
> Gilbert
>
> "Barrett" wrote:
>
>> Click on my name and you'll be able to see my email.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>
>> "Neil" wrote:
>>
>> > If J�rgen gives the ok, I would be happy to post what I've "translated"
>> > here.  In the meantime, if you have an email address you would be ok
>> > posting
>> > here, I can send it directly to you.  Not sure if my version will be
>> > any
>> > better than the one you translated though!  Unfortunately, I did a
>> > "bad" and
>> > I didn't keep notes on what I issues I ran into getting it to work.
>> >
>> > Neil
>> >
>> > PS - I've been bad as of late at monitoring the newsgroups, so if I
>> > don't
>> > get back to you right away, be patient - it might be a week till I get
>> > chance to check back as I am in the throes of implementing Great Plains
>> > . .
>> > ..
>> >
>> > "Barrett" <Barrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Neil
7/10/2006 4:12:03 PM
Neil, if you still have the document laying around, I would also appreciate a
copy!
erik.naslund at gmail

"Neil" wrote:

> On its way.
> Neil
>
> "Gilbert Robinson" <GilbertRobinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E9B064D4-41C8-4D8A-90E1-309C4C39706D@microsoft.com...
> >  Neil
> >
> > I have the same problem as Barret please
> > send me the translation to my e-mail : grobinson@tecnasa.com
> >
> > thanks a lot,
> > Gilbert
> >
> > "Barrett" wrote:
> >
> >> Click on my name and you'll be able to see my email.
> >>
> >> Thanks again.

Please send me a copy as well at lchudyk@gmail.com
Thanks

"Erik Naslund" wrote:

> Neil, if you still have the document laying around, I would also appreciate a
> copy!
> erik.naslund at gmail
>
> "Neil" wrote:
>
> > On its way.
> > Neil
> >
> > "Gilbert Robinson" <GilbertRobinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:E9B064D4-41C8-4D8A-90E1-309C4C39706D@microsoft.com...
> > >  Neil
> > >
> > > I have the same problem as Barret please
> > > send me the translation to my e-mail : grobinson@tecnasa.com
> > >
> > > thanks a lot,
> > > Gilbert

Hi Niel,

I would really appreciate if you can send me your english copy... I've try
to understand german, but  I think you could save me a lot of time...

Thanks anyway,

Valerie
valeriec@jovaco.com

"Neil" a écrit :

> On its way.
> Neil
>
> "Gilbert Robinson" <GilbertRobinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E9B064D4-41C8-4D8A-90E1-309C4C39706D@microsoft.com...
> >  Neil
> >
> > I have the same problem as Barret please
> > send me the translation to my e-mail : grobinson@tecnasa.com
> >
> > thanks a lot,
> > Gilbert
> >
> > "Barrett" wrote:
> >
> >> Click on my name and you'll be able to see my email.
> >>
> >> Thanks again.

Hi Niel,

Could you please also send me this doc.
my email: keren@bynetsoft.co.il

Thank you very much

Val wrote:
> Hi Niel,
>
> I would really appreciate if you can send me your english copy... I've try
> to understand german, but  I think you could save me a lot of time...
>
> Thanks anyway,
>
> Valerie
> valeriec@jovaco.com
>
> "Neil" a =E9crit :
>
> > On its way.
> > Neil
> >
> > "Gilbert Robinson" <GilbertRobinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:E9B064D4-41C8-4D8A-90E1-309C4C39706D@microsoft.com...
> > >  Neil
> > >
> > > I have the same problem as Barret please
> > > send me the translation to my e-mail : grobinson@tecnasa.com
> > >
> > > thanks a lot,
> > > Gilbert

> >=20
> >=20

0
Keren
8/28/2006 2:36:59 PM
I am in a similar situation. Would you be able to email the information as
well?
butlerda78@hotmail.com

Regards,

Dan
--
Play''''''''s well with others! :p

"Keren" wrote:

> Hi Niel,
>
> Could you please also send me this doc.
> my email: keren@bynetsoft.co.il
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Val wrote:
> > Hi Niel,
> >
> > I would really appreciate if you can send me your english copy... I've try
> > to understand german, but  I think you could save me a lot of time...
> >
> > Thanks anyway,
> >
> > Valerie
> > valeriec@jovaco.com
> >
> > "Neil" a écrit :
> >
> > > On its way.
> > > Neil
> > >
> > > "Gilbert Robinson" <GilbertRobinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > > message news:E9B064D4-41C8-4D8A-90E1-309C4C39706D@microsoft.com...

One more copie to benoit.somers at blue.be, please.

Many thanks in advance !

"Danno" wrote:

> I am in a similar situation. Would you be able to email the information as
> well?
> butlerda78@hotmail.com
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan
> --
> Play''''''''s well with others! :p
>

> "Keren" wrote:
>
> > Hi Niel,
> >
> > Could you please also send me this doc.
> > my email: keren@bynetsoft.co.il
> >
> > Thank you very much
> >
> > Val wrote:
> > > Hi Niel,
> > >
> > > I would really appreciate if you can send me your english copy... I've try
> > > to understand german, but  I think you could save me a lot of time...
> > >
> > > Thanks anyway,
> > >
> > > Valerie
> > > valeriec@jovaco.com

Please could you also send me a copy : lquigley@datapac.com
Thanks,
Lorraine.
--
Lorraine Quigley

"EuroMaverick" wrote:

> One more copie to benoit.somers at blue.be, please.
>
> Many thanks in advance !
>
> "Danno" wrote:
>
> > I am in a similar situation. Would you be able to email the information as
> > well?
> > butlerda78@hotmail.com
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dan
> > --
> > Play''''''''s well with others! :p
> >

> > "Keren" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Niel,
> > >
> > > Could you please also send me this doc.
> > > my email: keren@bynetsoft.co.il
> > >
> > > Thank you very much

Hi Neil, can you send me the English fversion as well?
Thanks for helping everyone out!

One English version for me as well please. nmdunlap@hotmail.com

"Val" wrote:

> Hi Niel,
>
> I would really appreciate if you can send me your english copy... I've try
> to understand german, but  I think you could save me a lot of time...
>
> Thanks anyway,
>
> Valerie
> valeriec@jovaco.com
>
> "Neil" a écrit :
>
> > On its way.
> > Neil
> >
> > "Gilbert Robinson" <GilbertRobinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:E9B064D4-41C8-4D8A-90E1-309C4C39706D@microsoft.com...
> > >  Neil
> > >
> > > I have the same problem as Barret please
> > > send me the translation to my e-mail : grobinson@tecnasa.com
> > >
> > > thanks a lot,
> > > Gilbert

Niel,

Please send me one as well. I'm stuck with the German one :)
alla_666 at hotmail dot com

Thanks alot!

Please send one to us as well.
Thanks in advance.

ketil.fjell at gmail.com

Ketil Fjell

"Vasya" wrote:

> Niel,
>
> Please send me one as well. I'm stuck with the German one :)
> alla_666 at hotmail dot com
>
> Thanks alot!
>

> "Nathan" wrote:
>
> > One English version for me as well please. nmdunlap@hotmail.com
> >
> > "Val" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Niel,
> > >
> > > I would really appreciate if you can send me your english copy... I've try
> > > to understand german, but  I think you could save me a lot of time...
> > >
> > > Thanks anyway,
> > >
> > > Valerie
> > > valeriec@jovaco.com

And me please in English. Will this allow us to create the activity from
Outlook or only from a CRM queue?

Many thanks

Steve
email to.....
stephen.wheatley@nswteachers.nsw.edu.au

"KFjell" wrote:

> Please send one to us as well.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> ketil.fjell at gmail.com
>
> Ketil Fjell
>
> "Vasya" wrote:
>
> > Niel,
> >
> > Please send me one as well. I'm stuck with the German one :)
> > alla_666 at hotmail dot com
> >
> > Thanks alot!
> >

> > "Nathan" wrote:

Hi, Can you please sned me a copy of the English version of the document.

Thanks - gallen@trinityconvergence.com

"Arne Janning" wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Blaut wrote:
> > It would be very helpful if CRM could promote an incoming email to a
> > case automatically.
> >
> > Scenario: Customer sends an email to support@company.com and CRM
> > creates a case automatically without user intervention. This would
> > help our company to cut costs because now we have to buy that plugin
> > vom c360 which costs additional 35$ per CRM user.
>
> Jürgen Beck, a german CRM-MVP wrote code and documentation on how to do
> this.
>
> You would have to register (free) at the german crm-community:
> http://www.mscrm-community.de/crmcommunity/forums/thread/52.aspx
>
> and then download the document.
>
> If you understand german (might be, if I look at your name) you'll have no
> problem, if you don't understand german then just look at the code and the
> screenshots.
> --
> Cheers/Liebe Grüße
>
> Arne Janning
> Avanade Germany
> http://www.avanade.com

Can I also please get an English Version

Thanks
Dorey

dorey@pmm-i.com

Thanks - joediroma@msn.com

"Gary" wrote:

> Hi, Can you please sned me a copy of the English version of the document.
>
> Thanks - gallen@trinityconvergence.com
>
> "Arne Janning" wrote:
>
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > Michael Blaut wrote:
> > > It would be very helpful if CRM could promote an incoming email to a
> > > case automatically.
> > >
> > > Scenario: Customer sends an email to support@company.com and CRM
> > > creates a case automatically without user intervention. This would
> > > help our company to cut costs because now we have to buy that plugin
> > > vom c360 which costs additional 35$ per CRM user.
> >
> > Jürgen Beck, a german CRM-MVP wrote code and documentation on how to do
> > this.
> >
> > You would have to register (free) at the german crm-community:
> > http://www.mscrm-community.de/crmcommunity/forums/thread/52.aspx
> >
> > and then download the document.
> >
> > If you understand german (might be, if I look at your name) you'll have no
> > problem, if you don't understand german then just look at the code and the
> > screenshots.
> > --
> > Cheers/Liebe Grüße
> >
> > Arne Janning
> > Avanade Germany
> > http://www.avanade.com

Hi Neil,

I have just read the post and am hoping that you could please send me this
as well. Thanks in advance
kuvenp@ispartners.co.za

"Steve" wrote:

> And me please in English. Will this allow us to create the activity from
> Outlook or only from a CRM queue?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Steve
> email to.....
> stephen.wheatley@nswteachers.nsw.edu.au
>
> "KFjell" wrote:
>
> > Please send one to us as well.
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > ketil.fjell at gmail.com
> >
> > Ketil Fjell
> >
> > "Vasya" wrote:
> >
> > > Niel,
> > >
> > > Please send me one as well. I'm stuck with the German one :)
> > > alla_666 at hotmail dot com
> > >
> > > Thanks alot!

Anyway someone still has this document or if it is posted somewhere?  If I
could get a copy that would be great.
globalit@gitsolutions.biz
Thank you,
Dave

"Neil" wrote:

> If Jürgen gives the ok, I would be happy to post what I've "translated"
> here.  In the meantime, if you have an email address you would be ok posting
> here, I can send it directly to you.  Not sure if my version will be any
> better than the one you translated though!  Unfortunately, I did a "bad" and
> I didn't keep notes on what I issues I ran into getting it to work.
>
> Neil
>
> PS - I've been bad as of late at monitoring the newsgroups, so if I don't
> get back to you right away, be patient - it might be a week till I get a
> chance to check back as I am in the throes of implementing Great Plains . .
> ..
>
> "Barrett" <Barrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Neil:
> >
> > Any way you can write up a quick english version?
> > I downloaded the german document, and tried translating it, but there are
> > few things I'm not clear on, and seeing as how you've implemented it
> > successfully, I'm interested in hearing how you did it.  I think an
> > english
> > guide would be much appreciated by many people.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >  Barrett
> >
> > "Neil" wrote:
> >
> >> I (being your typical "uni-lingual" American), don't speak a word of
> >> German.
> >> Fortunately, Google does!  I was able to navigate to the site, get signed
> >> up, download the EXCELLENT document, translate it (using google again)
> >> and
> >> managed to get it to work.  All I can say is "Jürgen , you are my hero!"
> >> The inability to create a case from an email has been one of my biggest
> >> frustrations with CRM.  Thanks for your time putting this together and
> >> making it available to us less skilled folks (and thanks to Arne for
> >> posting
> >> the link).
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >>
> >> Neil
> >>
> >> "Michael Blaut" <mblaut@arcor.de> wrote in message

Hi, Can you please sned me a copy of the English version of the document.

Thanks - crmrena@hotmail.com

Thanx

"Neil" wrote:

> If Jürgen gives the ok, I would be happy to post what I've "translated"
> here.  In the meantime, if you have an email address you would be ok posting
> here, I can send it directly to you.  Not sure if my version will be any
> better than the one you translated though!  Unfortunately, I did a "bad" and
> I didn't keep notes on what I issues I ran into getting it to work.
>
> Neil
>
> PS - I've been bad as of late at monitoring the newsgroups, so if I don't
> get back to you right away, be patient - it might be a week till I get a
> chance to check back as I am in the throes of implementing Great Plains . .
> ..
>
> "Barrett" <Barrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Neil:
> >
> > Any way you can write up a quick english version?
> > I downloaded the german document, and tried translating it, but there are
> > few things I'm not clear on, and seeing as how you've implemented it
> > successfully, I'm interested in hearing how you did it.  I think an
> > english
> > guide would be much appreciated by many people.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >  Barrett
> >
> > "Neil" wrote:
> >
> >> I (being your typical "uni-lingual" American), don't speak a word of
> >> German.
> >> Fortunately, Google does!  I was able to navigate to the site, get signed
> >> up, download the EXCELLENT document, translate it (using google again)
> >> and
> >> managed to get it to work.  All I can say is "Jürgen , you are my hero!"
> >> The inability to create a case from an email has been one of my biggest
> >> frustrations with CRM.  Thanks for your time putting this together and
> >> making it available to us less skilled folks (and thanks to Arne for
> >> posting
> >> the link).
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >>
> >> Neil
> >>
> >> "Michael Blaut" <mblaut@arcor.de> wrote in message

for those who stumble across this thread.  I has already begun translating to
english and then found this link at the bottom of the german page.  It is the
english version.

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/29/e-mail-to-case-for-free.aspx

"Michael Blaut" wrote:

> It would be very helpful if CRM could promote an incoming email to a case
> automatically.
>
> Scenario: Customer sends an email to support@company.com and CRM creates a
> case automatically without user intervention. This would help our company to
> cut costs because now we have to buy that plugin vom c360 which costs
> additional 35$ per CRM user.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=584bfba7-4595-4781-a2e0-6ba6ac262fce&dg=microsoft.public.crm
ABH Development: Great find!

But, I'm encountering an error, and I'm hoping someone can help.

I've created created everything, and followed the instructions in great
detail.

When I click on the "E-Mail to Case" button in a mail message, I get an
error in regards to the "<authentication mode="Windows"/>" line in my
web.config file.

The error states:

"It is an error to use a section registered as
allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error
in IIS."

I've double-checked, and I'm pretty sure I have the Virtual Directory set as
an application.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris.

"ABH Development" wrote:

> for those who stumble across this thread.  I has already begun translating to
> english and then found this link at the bottom of the german page.  It is the
> english version.
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/29/e-mail-to-case-for-free.aspx
>
> "Michael Blaut" wrote:
>
> > It would be very helpful if CRM could promote an incoming email to a case
> > automatically.
> >
> > Scenario: Customer sends an email to support@company.com and CRM creates a
> > case automatically without user intervention. This would help our company to
> > cut costs because now we have to buy that plugin vom c360 which costs
> > additional 35$ per CRM user.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=584bfba7-4595-4781-a2e0-6ba6ac262fce&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Can anyone assist with this error? I have implemented the Emailtocase
and am getting this error message? I took an email from Outlook,
Tracked it in CRM then attempted to Click the Email to Case button and
got this message?

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to
process request. at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
asyncCall) at
methodName, Object[] parameters) at
CrmSdk.CrmService.Create(BusinessEntity entity) at
_CreateCase.GetStatus()
0x80040237 Operation failed due to a SQL integrity violation. Platform

On Dec 15 2006, 6:06 pm, Chris Eakin
<ChrisEa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> OK, I figured out what I was doing wrong.  The notes clearly state to make
> sure the folder in IIS is set as an application.
>
> I was triple-checking the main folder, not to "EmailToCase" folder.  Once I
> clicked "Create" under "Directory" for theEmailToCasefolder in IIS, it all
> worked.
>
> Lesson learned - check the little things.
>
> Chris.
>

> "Chris Eakin" wrote:
> > ABH Development: Great find!
>
> > But, I'm encountering an error, and I'm hoping someone can help.
>
> > I've created created everything, and followed the instructions in great
> > detail.
>
> > When I click on the "E-Mail to Case" button in a mail message, I get an
> > error in regards to the "<authentication mode="Windows"/>" line in my
> > web.config file.
>
> > The error states:
>
> > "It is an error to use a section registered as
> > allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error
> > can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application
> > in IIS."
>
> > I've double-checked, and I'm pretty sure I have the Virtual Directory set as
> > an application.
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Chris.
>
> > "ABH Development" wrote:
>
> > > for those who stumble across this thread.  I has already begun translating to
> > > english and then found this link at the bottom of the german page.  It is the
> > > english version.
>
> > >http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/29/e-mail-to-case-for-free....

I hit this problem when I click on email to Case button.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
request. at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at
methodName, Object[] parameters) at CrmSdk.CrmService.Create(BusinessEntity
entity) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\emailtocase\21865169\1127bc4a\App_WebReferences.acn_gd1i.0.cs:line 176
at _CreateCase.GetStatus() in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPNet2\EmailToCase\CreateCase.aspx.cs:line 76
0x80042004 Object type was specified for one of the attributes that does not
allow it. Platform

Hope that you guy can help. Thank

=======================================

"ABH Development" wrote:

> for those who stumble across this thread.  I has already begun translating to
> english and then found this link at the bottom of the german page.  It is the
> english version.
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/29/e-mail-to-case-for-free.aspx
>
> "Michael Blaut" wrote:
>
> > It would be very helpful if CRM could promote an incoming email to a case
> > automatically.
> >
> > Scenario: Customer sends an email to support@company.com and CRM creates a
> > case automatically without user intervention. This would help our company to
> > cut costs because now we have to buy that plugin vom c360 which costs
> > additional 35$ per CRM user.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=584bfba7-4595-4781-a2e0-6ba6ac262fce&dg=microsoft.public.crm

After I click on EmailToCase Button, I got a message saying "Sender is not a
customer (account or contact)."  I have registered this sender in my contact
list so still encountered the same message as above.

Any ideas? Hope to hear from you guy soonest the best. Thanks

"sgreeny" wrote:

> I hit this problem when I click on email to Case button.
>
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
> request. at
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
> message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
> methodName, Object[] parameters) at CrmSdk.CrmService.Create(BusinessEntity
> entity) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
> Files\emailtocase\21865169\1127bc4a\App_WebReferences.acn_gd1i.0.cs:line 176
> at _CreateCase.GetStatus() in
> c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPNet2\EmailToCase\CreateCase.aspx.cs:line 76
> 0x80042004 Object type was specified for one of the attributes that does not
> allow it. Platform
>
> Hope that you guy can help. Thank
>
> =======================================
>
> "ABH Development" wrote:
>
> > for those who stumble across this thread.  I has already begun translating to
> > english and then found this link at the bottom of the german page.  It is the
> > english version.
> >
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/29/e-mail-to-case-for-free.aspx
> >
> > "Michael Blaut" wrote:
> >
> > > It would be very helpful if CRM could promote an incoming email to a case
> > > automatically.
> > >
> > > Scenario: Customer sends an email to support@company.com and CRM creates a
> > > case automatically without user intervention. This would help our company to
> > > cut costs because now we have to buy that plugin vom c360 which costs
> > > additional 35$ per CRM user.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=584bfba7-4595-4781-a2e0-6ba6ac262fce&dg=microsoft.public.crm
I got this error:

Stack:
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) at
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

And what drives me nuts is I have it working in my development environement,
but get the above error in production.  gggrrrrr....  i am sure it is
something simple I am missing.  Help!!!!!!!! Please??????????

Melissa

"sgreeny" wrote:

> After I click on EmailToCase Button, I got a message saying "Sender is not a
> customer (account or contact)."  I have registered this sender in my contact
> list so still encountered the same message as above.
>
> Any ideas? Hope to hear from you guy soonest the best. Thanks
>

> "sgreeny" wrote:
>
> > I hit this problem when I click on email to Case button.
> >
> > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
> > request. at
> > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
> > message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at
> > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
> > methodName, Object[] parameters) at CrmSdk.CrmService.Create(BusinessEntity
> > entity) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
> > Files\emailtocase\21865169\1127bc4a\App_WebReferences.acn_gd1i.0.cs:line 176
> > at _CreateCase.GetStatus() in
> > c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPNet2\EmailToCase\CreateCase.aspx.cs:line 76
> > 0x80042004 Object type was specified for one of the attributes that does not
> > allow it. Platform
> >
> > Hope that you guy can help. Thank
> >
> > =======================================
> >
> > "ABH Development" wrote:
> >
> > > for those who stumble across this thread.  I has already begun translating to
> > > english and then found this link at the bottom of the german page.  It is the
> > > english version.
> > >
> > > http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/29/e-mail-to-case-for-free.aspx

This might help

http://www.codeplex.com/crmqueuemanager

"Michael Blaut" wrote:

> It would be very helpful if CRM could promote an incoming email to a case
> automatically.
>
> Scenario: Customer sends an email to support@company.com and CRM creates a
> case automatically without user intervention. This would help our company to
> cut costs because now we have to buy that plugin vom c360 which costs
> additional 35$ per CRM user.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=584bfba7-4595-4781-a2e0-6ba6ac262fce&dg=microsoft.public.crm
0
Manso1 (22)

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Missing text in email
I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when my users send email outside the company there messages are missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and that. Any ideas of this Michelle P. Michelle: I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server? Or anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message. Is the message changed by the clien...

email forwarding to my other email
I have two email accounts. One I use for work and the other for personal. For some reason, my personal email is being forwarded to my work email. I don't know why and how do I stop it....? Are these POP3 accounts? Has it ever worked? Are they separate accounts, or addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? Does your personal e-mail show in both places, or is it going to your work only? Any rules set up in WinMail, or on the server's Website? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "az otr" <az otr@disc...

Emails not leaving outbox
Hi all - I am having what seems to be a common problem, but all of the suggested fixes I found did not work. I have set up SQLServer to use MAPI to email notifications. I have Outlook 2000 installed and configured and working. The SQLServer notifications part isworking too. The only thing I can't figure out is the emails never leave the outbox until I start Outlook and click Send/Receive. Then they are all sent fine. I read some articles mentioning MAPISP32, which appears to be the culprit. From what I see it's supposed to spool emails that are in the Outlook outbox. I found after I ...

question about grouping the emails.
Hi, I am signed-up to a discussion group and i get question about a prob and also solutions as a reply. i am grouping the e-mails by subject, For example... subject: "problem with ABCDE" in reply the subject will be "RE: problem with ABCDE" now Outlook2003 is grouping these two into seperate groups and if there is a reply with subject "RE:RE: problem with ABCDE" it groups that seperately. i want to group the replies also into the same group. the reply to the emails are grouped seperately. i want to have an exception in the grouping saying to ignore the word...

Outlook Client
Hi all, In the web client there is an email icon available from the views which allows you to send a direct email to the selected records in the view. Does anyone know if there is any way to call this from the Outlook client. Appreciate it :) cheers Nathan Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one. But I found that it's not only the icon missing in the Outlook client, but as soon as the Outlook client is active, the icon disappears in the Webclient also. This seems the same issue to me as the settings button disappearing when the Outlook client is active, wh...

Not receiving emails
I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. Pam C wrote: > I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try > to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I > enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly > terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? > I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. This is an is...

Purging Junk Email
Hi. The problem is that for the most part, my users don't purge their junk on their own and it just keeps builing up and it is stating to take up way too much space on my exchange server. I need to know if there is a way of automatically purging my users' Junk E-mail Folders every week on the server side (Excahnge) as oppsed to the client side (Outlook). Yes, use Mailbox Manager its a very nice tool to keep your Exchange Mailboxes clean. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Otto H...

Hyperlinks blocked within email messages
Suddenly I can't open any links from within received messages. I receive the following error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." "System administrator" would be me. This is a standalone computer connected via a Linksys router to a cable modem. There's no domain involved and there are two Users (both administrators) set up, only one of which has the problem. I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Ultimate and this has only started happening in the last week...

Differences between Bulk email, Email, and Bulk Emails inside Contact?
Hi Buddy, I would like to clarify the main differences between these three attributes, are they affecting the marketing list? If contact "Mr. A" is turn bulk email off, what would happen if we send out a email campaign? Is there any references that would let me to learn more on these attributes? Thanks a million! Below is an excerpt from the CRM help files. I hope this helps. My understanding is that if you select to Allow E-mail and select to Do Not Allow Bulk e-mail that the Contact or Account will receive "regular" e-mail but will not receive e-mail related to ...

import email from thunderbird
I need to import from thunderbird to outlook 2003. The help I find so far is not helpful, since it implies I need to either install a new version of netscape and import from tbird to netscape first, or import to outlook express first and then into outlook. I do not have outlook express. Why should I need to install a thrid program to import to as an intermediary step? Outlook does not find the email foders located in C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\something.default\Mail , which is where tbird stores them. What's up with that? tom wright ...

Email Router Queueing Emails?
We just upgraded from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and now it takes 15 -20 minutes for the first email messages of the day to be delivered. Another group at my company noticed the same issue. Normal Emails sent through Outlook are not being delayed during that same time frame so it doesn't appear to be an Exchange issue. However, I'm not an Exchange admin or really familiar with the admnistrative aspects of the product so I don't know where to start looking. Is there something in the CRM that would tell me what time emails are being sent? -- Thanks, Jim FYI ... I'm not usi...

what is the url for yahoo or sbcglobal email
If you're trying to use HTTP mail support to get those mail types, you can't since it only works for Hotmail/MSN. If you're looking for the POP3/SMTP (incoming/outgoing mail) hosts, that's different "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3A60BC6-B7C7-4401-803D-2C0571B0F7CF@microsoft.com... > ...

Displaying identity of sender in email -
All I see is the size of the file - Huh? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Janet" <Janet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61262870-AE8B-4BB0-AC74-BDC1F250F397@microsoft.com... > All I see is the size of the file - Where are you looking? The message list pane in Windows Mail normally displays: From, Subject, Received. Additional information columns can be added by right-clicking on any column header. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------...

emails #4
I cannot get rid of receiving nearly 100 emails a day.They take me ages to delete what can I do to stop this . If you're getting e-mails that you don't want, like on mailing lists then at the bottom of the e-mail there should be the option to Unsubscribe from the list. Do this for all the ones you can and in theory you won't be sent any more from them. If there is not that option then you can set up rules in Outlook, for example you could set one that if you receive a message from xxx@qwerty.com then it will be deleted straight away. Etc.. Hope that helps a little Regards Ash....