Editing Views

While it is possible to edit the views for some entities, it has come to my
attention that editing views suh as 'history' within an entity is not
possible (or at least easily accessible), and doesnt simply follow the format
as laid out by the user for 'Activities'.  Does anyone know a way to edit
this view, as I would like to add some fields to this view.
Also, is there any way to change the status of some read-only entities so
that one can alter the display name of attributes.  This would also help in
regards to views, as some of our employees wish for attributes to have custom
names (without any key changes to the ttribute of course!).

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Robert Turnbull
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

Run-time error 2001 & cannot open form in design view
After saving some design changes on a fairly complex form I am now getting run time error 2001 and the form will not open. It will not open in design view either. I had only added a label and changed some formatting before saving the design change. This has happened before on this same form and I retrieved the old version from my back up. Has anybody else experienced this? Is there possibly a limit to how many sub-forms can be on a form that may be causing this? Ernie, I'm having the same problem with a main form that contains 10 tabbed subforms. I'm able to open ...

Viewing Pictures
Is there a way to get Outlook 2002 to imbed a picture attachment into the document instead of having to open it? Outlook Express automatically shows the picture in the mail message, Outlook stores it as an attachment that must be opened. Any way to change this setting? Outlook can only display images "inline" if the sender used HTML or Rich Text format for the message and embedded the image into the body. If the image was sent as an attachment, you will always receive it as an attachment. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably...

editting auto recovery

BOM & Edit List

Macro not found when spreadsheet viewed in Internet Explorer?
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that contains macros. When opened from disk, they run find. When opened from our Extranet (and viewed in Internet Explorer), I get an error popup saying that the "The macro {macroname} cannot be found." Has anyone heard of this? Is it a known problem? I found a post on Google Groups that sounds like it might be something similar. Something about Excel not liking the URL's parms, but I'm not sure and it wasn't conclusive. Thanks in advance for any thoughts, :)Ben http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/b...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

how do I view tasks which were dismissed
I accidentally dismissed a task. How can I recall it, or at least view it to see if it is still valid? "Freema" wrote: > I accidentally dismissed a task. How can I recall it, or at least view it to > see if it is still valid? Two ways: 1 - Click on TASKS then on the tool bar change your preference from Simple List, Detailed List, etc to Completed Tasks. Uncheck the one you want or double click and change status from Completed to In Progress 2 - Click on TASKS. Then click on OPTIONS then Advanced Find. Put in the subject name of your task and then sel...

Grant view only access to all users calendars
Is there any way with exchange 2003 to grant all users read only access to everyone else's calendars. Apperently this was configured on the old 5.5 server that we migrated the users from but it no longer works under exchange 2003. I could get all users to grant access individually but I would prefer if there was a centralized way of doing this. Any ideas. Permissions on just calendars (individual folders) cannot be set from the Exchange server - it must be set at the client level. Perhaps you had read permissions set to the entire mailbox on the old server? If not, you might wan...

view full screen
I have no idea to write a windows program that would not display caption and menu. Can anybody help or provide me some idea ? Thanks and regards ng Take a look at following example in MSDN: Adding a Full Screen Feature to an MFC Application (Search for FSCRN.Exe) -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ckng" <chapkuan.ng@dhl.com> wrote in message news:14ca01c38898$3c924010$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have no idea to write a windows program that would not > display caption and menu. Can anybody help or provide me > some idea ? > > Thanks and regards &...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...

Protecting Sheet to Prevent Viewing At All
Is it possible to protect a sheet in a workbook so that it isn't even viewable unless you have the password? One of the sheets in my workbook contaiins highly sensitive information that I don't want most folks to see, but I want users to be continue to hide and unhide other elements in the workbook to fit their needs. Is there something I can write in VBA that will do the trick? In the perfect world, what would happen is that, when a user clicked on the tab for the Sensitive Sheet, a popup box would appear asking for a password. Is this even possible? Help! Any answers would ...

need example code to get the contactID from SFA/conts/edit.aspx...
Hi!! My question is: How can I get the right ContactID from the current/opened Contact in Microsoft CRM? Can I read the ContactID out from the URL? Is there an example Code available? Microsoft�s SDK for CRM is not very helpful for this Problem. Has anybody already an example code? Thank you for your help! Greetings Daniel You should be able to get it from the query string, as long as you make sure that the entry in the isv.config file with the link to your app has the variable "PassParams" equal to 1 For example: <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test&qu...

Edit No Format
I have a spreadsheet that Has a column of No's that look like this AB 12 45 87 B the column has about 30,000 No 's in it. I want the No's to look like AB124587B so that they do not have the spaces in, any way of doing this un excel. If it's always the same format you can do it by using a combination of the left(),mid(), and right() functions.. Then use the & sign to fix it.... example : a1: ab 12 a2: left(a1,2) & right(a1,2) a2 then says: ab12 there might be a function that just removes all spaces though... trim() only works for opening and ending spaces. --- M...

How do I find where I stopped editing a document?
In Word 2003, I could use Shift F5 when I opened a document to find where I left off editing it the last time I opened it. This doesn't seem to work in Word 2007, at least not consistently. Is there some other menu item or keyboard shortcut I can use, or are there some circumstances under which Shift F5 will work? Unfortunately, it doesn't work in XML (*.docx) documents, only those saved in Word 97-2003 format. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Shortcut Jane" <Shortcut Jane@discus...

Custom Views Greyed Out
Custom Views is greyed out in my spread sheet. Somewhere during the development I put in two custom views that I cannot activate or delete. Any ideas on what can cause this. I only have one spread sheet selected. Thanks, Jerry B I have the same issue. The custom views option is grayed out and I have no way to use this funtion now. Need help here! -- Wayne "Jerry B" wrote: > Custom Views is greyed out in my spread sheet. Somewhere during the > development I put in two custom views that I cannot activate or delete. Any > ideas on what can cause this. I only ...