Edit workflow rule fails with 'The root element is missing'

Editing rule as usual and I get the above error. New rule fails as well.
I am simply trying to add a condition over a field that is a lookup field on
the form and I have never had trouble before. Only thing I can think of is
that the entity name in the CRM was changed from the original but that was
many months ago.
CRM 3.0

Any ideas?
0
Steve3367 (862)
2/22/2008 12:12:05 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Missing search feature
Maybe. Just got a call from a user with Excel 11, who claims that once upon a time, he had a search feature (not the Find feature) which would gather all occurrences of a value into one "screen" as he calls it, instead of stepping from one occurrence to the next (as with the Find Next button). I use Excel 2000, so I have no idea if he's making this up. He is not savvy enough to build such a thing using VBA or spreadsheet functions, although it's possible that one of his customers has been sending him a tricked up sheet, and then eliminated the trick. Absent that last ...

Workflow
To start with, I didn't have access to the Workflow manager and was doing all my customizations using client side scripting. I set up the sales stages using a picklist with the salesstagecode schema. I now want to do these using the Workflow manager, and have the user manually advance the sales stage (as they would if they were selecting the option from the picklist). I'm so hopelessly lost with working out the workflow manager. Ideally, I'd love the user to be able to change the sales stage in the picklist, and have that change the sales stage in the sales process. Do I have ...

Checkbox validation rule
Hello, In form view, how do I do a very simple validation rule so that if a checkbox is not ticked, it won't let me move on? Thanks all, Jon in the form's BeforeUpdate event procedure, add If Me!CheckboxName = False Then Cancel = True Msgbox "Checkmark the box, please." End If replace CheckboxName with the correct name of the checkbox control, of course. hth "Jon" <JonMYates@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193571251.446221.217630@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > In form view, how do I do a very simple val...

Outlook Rules #29
I did this before with my old Office I think or was Outlook Express ? Anyway, can anyone tell me how to do it on my Outlook 2003 ( Office 2003 Pro ) ( If it is possible ) I remember I setup a rule for Outlook NOT to download any mail bigger than XXX kilobytes, in another words, if the mail is too big DONT GET IT. Thanks. In OL2003 you don't do that with rules but with Send/Receive settings. Go to the Tools menu > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settins > Define Send/Receive Groups > Highlight a group > Click Edit. You can set the size in that dialog. Outlook will then ...

un-group and un-constrain all the class diagram elements
Hi. I have an UML class diagram that I have to paste inside another Visio diagram. The destination diagram is not UML, it's A3 printed sheet formatted to match some rules (borders, table for description in the corner etc). I want to make class digram bigger and then make it better visually - e.g. move some labels around and resize stuff. However there are problems, namely (as in the original class diagram) I cannot move connection end labels around and I cannot change block height. I tried all kinds of options like disabling the protection, adding to new layers etc, but nothing seems to ...

editting auto recovery

BOM & Edit List

Missing Entries on Budget Reports on 2004
My main objective in using MS Money is to track spending vs. budget. Have complete budget created and but monthly budget report leaves budget column blank for several entries, therefore overspent.. What is up with this??? ...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

CRM 4 Automated Workflow
Hello, I have a question around the new workflow in CRM4. I'd like to have a process that runs daily, not triggered by an update in CRM4. Here's the scenario... When a contract's end date is within 2 months of coming due, I'd like to create a new opportunity to renew the contract. Also, it'd be nice to send an email alert about the expiration of the contract. Can the workflow configuration run and check conditions daily or something to validate that the contract end date is within 2 months of the current date. I'm not seeing an option quite like this, b...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Failing to find some contacts
I've lost the ability to find a contact when I make a new email. If it is a contact that I've used fairly recently, then it isn't a problem but there are some contacts that I can't send email to. For example, there is an entry in my contacts for Dave Smith but if I put that name into the to box, Outlook will complain that it can't find the contact. When the search box comes up, it says that it can't find any contact at all. One other little data point. A few months back, I had another problem that was 'solved' (and I use the term loosely) by using the Hel...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

Where's the missing chart?
I have a wrksht, I created a chart. The chart is on its own pg. How do I return the chart to the wrksht, or, at least, make it visible? -- Boswell Hi, Right click the chart and pick Location. You can then make the chart an object within a worksheet, which you pick from the droplist. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Boswell" <boswell6@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:5CCE6265-DF33-4EE2-BD23-F378D2168A84@microsoft.com... >I have a wrksht, I created a chart. The chart is on its own pg. How do I > return the chart to ...

Outlook 2003 & rules II
Hi...again...hehe Is there a way to stop Outlook from adding "On this computer only" to every rule? My PST file is saved on a protable USB connected HDD and rules are always created with this option activated. Therefore I have to edit every new rule to deactivate this option. Every time!! -- Regards Zadig Galbaras ----- Zadig Galbaras <tresfjording@gmail.no> wrote: > Is there a way to stop Outlook from adding "On this computer only" to > every rule? Not for the conditions under which you use the PST. -- Brian Tillman ...

Checking New e-mails for missing subjects
Hi All, I've done a Google search for this but have not found any tip or plug-in that will answer this. I'm using Outlook 2003 and would like it to warn me if I try to send new emails without making a subject first. Anyone know of a hidden setting in Outlook or a plug-in that will do this? Wes. Wes. <spamtrap@hayclan-oz.com> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2003 and would like it to warn me if I try to send > new emails without making a subject first. This discussion has code to do that: http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=126 -- Brian Tillman "...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

CRM Sync Forwarding Rule
Using CRM 3.0 with Outlook 2003, I notice that every email the CRM forwarding rule processes is marked as read. Is there a way to prevent this? Has anyone experienced this? "Brett" wrote: > Using CRM 3.0 with Outlook 2003, I notice that every email the CRM forwarding > rule processes is marked as read. Is there a way to prevent this? ...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...