Easiest way of moving CRM 3 data to new server

We setup all of our CRM 3 data on an old server. Now that we are using CRM
for real, we have ordered a nice new shiny box for CRM to run on.

Is there an easy way to move the CRM data across from the current box to the
new one? If not, its not a great problem, but would save a lot of boring jobs
for someone here.

Olly
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Check the Implementation Guide for the recovery options.  You can follow
those basic steps to "restore" the data to the new SQL box.  Another option
would be to explore the Redeployment Tool.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Oliver Marshall" <OliverMarshall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:432BC5C5-99D1-44FA-BBA6-6C9212457A6E@microsoft.com...
We setup all of our CRM 3 data on an old server. Now that we are using CRM
for real, we have ordered a nice new shiny box for CRM to run on.

Is there an easy way to move the CRM data across from the current box to the
new one? If not, its not a great problem, but would save a lot of boring
jobs
for someone here.

Olly

0
Matt
1/12/2006 6:26:40 PM
Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone had more information on this. I am also trying to
move the server from our tesrt server to a production one. I followed the
recover steps in the implementation guide which worked so much better than
the SQL move optoins.

Anyways the "restore" went well but now when I take the final step trying to
use the Configure SQL under Server Manger.... Server Manager is not an
option. The only options I have is licensing under teh CRM Deployment Manager.

I have seen this issue before and it looks like I have more users than CALs
but I checked the lincense info and I have 10 active users and 10 cals.

Anyone seen this or have thought. Again this was in the attempt to move CRM
from one server to the next. FYI the only difference that I have from server
a to b is that one is called crmserver and the other is not called opnetcrm.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Check the Implementation Guide for the recovery options.  You can follow
> those basic steps to "restore" the data to the new SQL box.  Another option
> would be to explore the Redeployment Tool.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Oliver Marshall" <OliverMarshall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:432BC5C5-99D1-44FA-BBA6-6C9212457A6E@microsoft.com...
> We setup all of our CRM 3 data on an old server. Now that we are using CRM
> for real, we have ordered a nice new shiny box for CRM to run on.
>
> Is there an easy way to move the CRM data across from the current box to the
> new one? If not, its not a great problem, but would save a lot of boring
> jobs
> for someone here.
>
> Olly

Simple issue, is your test environment running on the same AD ?

0
DerekH
2/21/2006 12:24:26 PM
Derek,

Thank you for the reply. Yes it is on the same domain.

"DerekH" wrote:

> Simple issue, is your test environment running on the same AD ?

Using SBS Server 2003 as a secondary Role
We have a small business server that has acted as our primary server (domain controller). We have recently added a server 2008 std system which we have within the last week moved all primary roles over to this new server. It was shortly after this the old sbs 2003 started shutting itself off. Further examination found that the system was shutting down due to licensing on the sbs need to have all the FSMO roles. We had origionally thought after we had everything tested we would demote the sbs 2003 system off and use it as a print server. Does SBS 2003 allow iteself to a...

Directly from CRM Order to Outlook Appointment in Calendar
In Outlook, it is possible to draw a task directly into the calendar, thus making an appointment with info from the task. It would be great, if it was possible, in the same way, to draw a CRM order from the Outlook client directly into the Outlook Calendar. Our company uses the Outlook Calendar for time registration, and this feature would be really helpful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...

Incoming email works but list System Account as sender (WSS 3.0)
Very new to WSS....running WSS 3.0 in single server configuration on a single domain. I have incoming email working with email enabled document libraries but the documents are showing up as posted by "System Account" instead of the AD user. When setting the policy as "Accept....based on document library permissions", nothing shows up in the library even though my AD account has full rights...I have to use "Accept email messages from any sender" option for anything to show up. I'm not using "Sharepoint Directory Management Service"...is this...

Simplest Way to Deal With XML?
Dear : I need a simple way to deal with XML , like that found in .NET XmlDocument, is there any available class. Regards Have a look at www.codeguru.com there are some nice wrapper classes. M "Raed Sawalha" <raed_sawalha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uaO0IR5rEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Dear : > > I need a simple way to deal with XML , like that found in .NET > XmlDocument, > is there any available class. > > Regards > > Use MSXML and the interfaces provided by it. It would definately help you to deal with XML. "M" &l...

Active Sync with Exchange Server
Hello, I am trying to sync my pda pocket pc with our exchange server. The Exchange Server is 2003, SP1. Outlook Web Access and OMA are working fine. If I start the sync I get the error HTTP500. What can I do? Regards, Claus-Stefan http://www.cuckooclocks.com http://www.kuckucksuhr.net Check out http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886346 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323077 in the first instance. ...

new broadband
i have changed users from sky brodband to bt homehub Congratulations! "sandra" <sandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB37E8DD-F336-4F2B-B868-A2C60617ECCA@microsoft.com... >i have changed users from sky brodband to bt homehub And...? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "sandra" <sandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:FB37E8DD-F336-4F2B-B868-A2C60617ECCA@microsoft.com... >i have changed users from sky brodband to bt homehub ...

Inactive records in the "Look up records" dialogue (CRM 4.0)
Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates in my CRM system. These have all been deactivated (but not merged) until they can be evaluated and deleted. Unfortunately, when I use "Advanced find" and use account name as a criteria, *all* accounts show up in the "Look up records" dialogue box - regardless of status. Is there any way to ensure only active accounts show up in this dialogue box? On Dec 4, 2:29=A0am, "maria.elmv...@gmail.com" <maria.elmv...@gmail.com> wrote: > Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates...

Moving mailboxes gives "MAPI Provider failed" error messages
I have a single Exchange 2003 Enterprise server that is running out of drive space due to recent hiring flux. My solution was to install a new drive and create a second mailbox store in the same storage group on the same server and put it on the new drive. This went fine. However, I am unable to move any mailboxes to this new mailbox store. If I create a new test user and put them in this store, it works fine and I can move that mailbox to the original mailbox store but not back. I am getting a "MAPI provider failed" error message when I try to do this. This seems to occu...

Outlook-programmatically generating a new mail with images embedded in the message body
Hi, We need to call MS Outlook (2000 or later) from our Java application to generate a new email, with images embedded in the body of the email. The user then edits it further, or clicks send, to send it via outlook the normal way. We're using a java wrapper to invoke Outlook, and so far have succeeded in launching a new email with images attached to it. Is there a way to programmatically embed the images within the body of the mail itself? We came across suggestions like using MAPI calls (which are registered in cdo.dll). However, cdo.dll was not found on our own systems, where we have O...

Newbie needs info on a "new" start!
I will try to make this as simple as possible. I have an Excel worksheet for the year 2008 and among the data, there are closed and finished accounts. If I want to start a new datasheet for 2009 and only bring over the open accounts, how do I do that (in baby terms please). Thanks! Choose Data|Filter Filter on the Col with status with status as closed Press F5 key, click on Special as select 'Visible Cells' only Edit|Copy and Paste in the new sheet -- Always provide your feedback so that others know whether the solution worked or problem still persists ... "Terri"...

What's the easiest way to insert a roster into publisher calendar
Select a calendar that you can include a "Schedule of events." Use this space for your roster. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mick Hoffmann" <Mick Hoffmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D07FEC85-10C7-4009-8EA4-0F169CA989B1@microsoft.com... > ...

CRM has too many clicks for almost every task.
Initial feedback from new users after 3 weeks in the system is that the Service module requires entirely too much clicking to accomplish: opening a case, putting a service activity against that case, closing the service activity, and then resolving the case. For our service organization, most of the time this sequence takes longer than actually doing the work the case is recording. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the mess...

is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers?
is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? I'm not competely sure whether you mean odd rows or odd columns but would this help - http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm "tat2f" wrote: > is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? Conditional Formatting =MOD(ROW(),2)=1 "tat2f" wrote: > is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? tat2f wrote: > is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? Check out this freebie. Lots of real handy features http://www.asap-utilities.com/ gls858...

moving database
I would like to know how tomove the database we use to another computer while we upgrade to windows xp (formating the drive) and still be able to work i have looked in the book but it only shows how to restore..thanks You first need to do a manual backup of the database. Take the .bck file over to the computer that you are going to be using in the interim. Follow the steps on restoring the backup. Then change where the database points to in the SO Administrator to on that computer to point locally = (local). After changing the setting press the Test Database Connection button if it suc...

Great Neck SK21M 3/8""Dr.Socket-21Mm-12Pts "
Price:$3.50 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B000CMHMUM Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000CMHMUM 3/8''DR.SOCKET-21MM-12PTS ...

RE: Mail merge does not work with the old records from CRM 3.0
I had this problem also. In the Administration tab of the account properties you need to have the "Send Marketing material" radio button set to on. After that the data from CRM passes. -Joseph Hi Joseph, Thanks . In addition ,one needs to make it sure that : Do not allow Bulk Email Do not allow Bulk Mail Dont allow emails Dont allow Mials are also checked /Aamir ...

Emailing Newsletter #3
I have designed a one page newsletter in Publisher. When I email it to myself it looks great. When I send it to other people from publisher is moves everything around and out of place. How do I fix this? Create a PDF and attach it. No Acrobat? PrimoPDF at http://www.primopdf.com "Brandi" <Brandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:705D08DC-E440-4407-AC97-9097F9AFDC28@microsoft.com... >I have designed a one page newsletter in Publisher. When I email it to >myself > it looks great. When I send it to other people from publisher is moves > everything a...

Effectient way to encode CDATA elements
Ok, I'm reading data from a stream using a StreamReader. The data inside the stream is not xml, it could be anything. Based on the input StreamReader I'm writing to an output stream using an XmlTextWriter. Basically, when all is said and done, the output stream contains data from the input stream wrapped in a element contained in a parent element. My problem is twofold. Data gets read from the input stream in chunks, and the StreamReader class returns char[]. If data in the input stream contains a "]]>" it needs to be split across two CDATA elements. First, how do ...

OLE Server Busy
Hi all, I have a client that uses OLE Notes extensively. All the notes are on a shared folder on the network. I now get the "Server Busy" 2 out of 3 times user try to access the notes. If I reboot the server where the notes are saved, it will be fine for almost one day without having the error. -- Sebastien Picard ML3 Business Solutions Your notes client is not disconnecting open sessions correctly. Change the OLE time out settings on your server , or change the number of connections allowed to the ole server, as well as buffered memory for OLE. "Sebastien" wr...

DRP
Hi all, I'm using Ex2003 standard, which is only supporting 25 users. I intend to set up a branch office as a disaster recovery site with some fast comms links and duplicate hardware. At present I have dedicated servers for DC's (2), SQL (1), Ex2003(1), Data (1), Terminal Services (1). Because the DR site only needs to support 3-5 users and it is likely we would relocate within 3 days of any disaster I am going to install a single server of very decent spec. i.e. dual xeon / terrabyte, 4gb ram etc. etc. My question is this. Is there an relatively straight forward way of ...

Access 2000 on Terminal Server
Hi, I have Access 2000 installed on a Windows 2000 terminal server. On this server, I have an Access 2000 application that is split up between a program database (.mdb) and a data database (.mdb). I currently have four users that log onto this terminal server to use this Access app. This works, but it is working somewhat erratically. Access is frequently locking up on the remote users and they are experiencing several other strange issues. I am wondering if this could be due to one of the following: 1. Access 2000 simply does not work well over terminal services. If this is the ...

Migrated to new MacBook Pro
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3250595442_297290 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I migrated from a PBook G4 with a full version of MS Office to a new MacBook Pro via Apple�s Migration Assistant. MS Word, Entourage, and PowerPoint are all working fine but when I launched Excel for the first time following the migration, it informed me that it was a Test Drive version. Any suggestions on how to teach the computer that it is ...

Is there any way to use the MATCH function with more than 1 column
For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value 215, but my data set spans more than one column. My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0) returns an #N/A error. What can I do? Do you want both the row and column ? Two separate values? -- Gary's Student "Mr. Snrub" wrote: > For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value > 215, but my data set spans more than one column. > > My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0) > returns an #...

Outlook 2003 Server Timeout
I need to change the server timeout setting in Outlook 2003. However, when changing the setting and then re- starting Outlook, the setting reverts to the default (1 minute). How can I make the change permanent? ...

Copy cell to a new cell
Hi I have a cell value in the format 90TN82C128004K00. I would like to copy the first two digits to another cell i.e. 90 and follow it up with a dummy code 00CPSS00 which will be standard for all values. the new cell should have the following value 9000CPSS00. Is there an automated function that can do this for me. Hi, If you data is in A1 enter in B1: =LEFT(A1,2)&"00CPSS00" Regards, -- AP "mohd21uk" <u20517@uwe> a �crit dans le message de news:5e5292da6a2d1@uwe... > Hi > > I have a cell value in the format 90TN82C128004K00. I would like to copy the ...