Dynamics 4.0 slow to retrieve data when custom fields / lookups us

We've have this issue whereby if a custom field, say on the contact, is
indexed, when you use advanced find, it seems to use the index. The response
is acceptable.
It appears however it you use the standard search bar and try the lookup, it
appears that table scans are happening. Can anyone advise if we're reading
the situation correctly and whether there is a way to speed up to normal
search.
Thanks
CM1 (35)
8/7/2009 10:03:05 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can't add a 0 (zero) to the beginning of a number in a cell
I am trying to put a serial number in a cell but it starts with a zero. After I type in 09867453 and move to the next cell the 0 disappears. Scott You can format the cell to be text and it will then allow a 0 to be added to the front of a number however this may cause problems if you are using that number in inequalities. Scottrow wrote: > I am trying to put a serial number in a cell but it starts with a zero. > After I type in 09867453 and move to the next cell the 0 disappears. > > Scott Scott, The first answer is correct however it may be alot easier if you add an a...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

Extracting Data from Table
I am working on a table where I am trying extract certain data and placing it into another table on the same sheet. Everytime I try, I highlight the criteria and click advanced under filter and select the correct range and press okay nothing changes or shows up in the new table. Help please! Thanks, Alisa ...

.NET CF2 app doesn't init on CE 5.0 (with 2008 QFEs) ??
Must be some other components to support .NET CFv2 on Platform Builder? Application initilaizes with .NET CFv1.1 successfully. Updated the OS image by (a) installing 2008 QFEs, (b) removing .NET CF v1.1 from the OS image, and (c) including both of these components from the catalog into the CE 5.0 OS image: #1 - ".NET Compact Framework 2.0" and #2 - "OS Dependencies for NET Compact Framework 2.0" Then attempting to run the App, this error: in a pop-up with title bar: ".NET CF Initialization Error". Message content in the pop-up states: &qu...

FRx 6.0 and XP SP2
Is there a hot fix for FRx 6.0 to work on XP SP2? Can't find on Customer Source. Or is there a procedure that can make it work on it? Thanks, Coroc. Upgrade to 6.5 with SP7 "coroc" wrote: > Is there a hot fix for FRx 6.0 to work on XP SP2? Can't find on Customer > Source. Or is there a procedure that can make it work on it? > > Thanks, Coroc. > klewis wrote: > Upgrade to 6.5 with SP7 not an option, migrating to gp 8.0 and frx 6.7 in 2 months. any workarounds, replacing and manually registering those two ocx files or something similar? Coroc, Yo...

Jump to the next task in a Workflow
I think my question is very simple, but i can´t find the button or line where i do the workflow jump to the next task. Thanks. Enrique On Jun 4, 12:59=A0am, Enrique Bravo <EnriqueBr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I think my question is very simple, but i can=B4t find the button or line = where > i do the workflow jump to the next task. > > Thanks. Enrique Hi Enrique, Which version of CRM are you using and what is the context? In general though workflows run themselves and need no direct manual input to move to the next step, rather they work off action tri...

data validation vs combobox
hello there excel gurus.I am largely self taught in excel and can write straightforward macros and have a pretty good grasp of some of the functions.I have always used form comboboxes for my pull down lists.I notice that you seem to prefer the data validation list,pros and cons.?I like that the fom combo box is always there. -- paul remove nospam for email addy! Paul: There's bunches of companies who don't let their users run macros, for one. For another, Data Validation is, IMHO, much easier to show someone how to do. Comboboxes ALWAYS show their dropdown arrow. Comboboxes ar...

Outlook '03/IE 6.0 Hyperlinks do not work
** Please note that I did post this same question 2 days ago in the General Questions Board and have not received a reply - thought I may try, here, to see if anyone has any input. Thank you. ** Hello - I have Outlook 2003 (SP 1) and Internet Explorer 6.0 (SP 2). I have updates automatically, but, have also gone in to check for any updates and I do not need any. When I click a link in "O.L." (Outlook), the screen goes white, the title bar is still at the top of my page - however, I now see the title of the email PLUS Not Responding. I have to do the 3-finger to get ou...

Data Migration Manager apparently does not have correct Mappings for BCM 2007 Data
I have been trying unsuccessfully for quite some time to migrate BCM 2007 data to CRM 4.0 via the Data Migration Manager using the existing mapping for BCM 2007. However, once I am in there, I have to re-map all data, and even after that, I am unable to successfully import the data. Has anyone had the same issue, and if so, is there a different mapping I should be using? Thanks. what are the failure errors are you getting? are you mapping any data to a lookup field? it is usually a data related issues! -- Kamal Hitari MBSS, MCNPS, MCTS 2B.net Ltd http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com jdmic...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

No customer record exists for this customer ID
This message came up during the posting process. Why did SOP allow the invoice to be created? A few questions: 1. Does the Customer ID actually exist? 2. Is there a possibility that the customer record was physically removed, say with a T-SQL DELETE statement *after* the SOP transaction record was created? 3. Is there a possibility that the customer's Customer ID was accidentally updated with a T-SQL UPDATE statement *after* the SOP transaction record was created? If the customer record is missing, I would restore the last known good backup into a test environment, then transfer ...

Excel Problems #4
My Excel is beggining to act strangly. When I click on a cell to hightlight several cells it jumps around and will not highlight.I go to delete a row and it will delete two or three rows at a time. I also tried to open a new workbook and it would not open one. Can someone tell me how to correct this problem? I thank you in advance. Hi maybe re-install a new mouse driver? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mary Sapp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1d7c01c4a0fa$74dec080$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My Excel is beggining to act strang...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Payment Terms #4
I'm trying to change the payment terms on a credit in the Sales Customer Detail Enty window but the payment terms label, text box, and zoom icon are all "grayed out" and will not allow me to change or enter anything. It appears on Quotes, Orders, and Invoices but not on Returns. I checked and I don't think this is a permissions issue. Is there a way to change the payment terms for a return in the Sales Customer Detail Entry window? Thanks for your help. Eric Eric, In GP there are no payment terms possible for credits/returns, they are assumed 'due' right ...

error 5.4.0
The destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry. If that fails, contact your administrator. <exchangesrv.northcoastseafoods.com #5.4.0> I am receiving the above message, when sending E-mail. I do not have SMPT Connections configured. Now what do I do to fix this? Not enough information. An error such as that typically indicates that the "REMOTE" domain couldn't be found in DNS. Can you provide the domain name you are trying to send mail to? Does mail to other domains work? T...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

How to tell if 3.0 emaill router is installed
How can you tell if the email router is installed? Running Exchange 2003 and Server 2003. Can't email from CRM and can't find registry entry on echange server. thanks! Check add/remove programs. It should be listed as a seperate application. "AmyF" wrote: > How can you tell if the email router is installed? Running Exchange > 2003 and Server 2003. > Can't email from CRM and can't find registry entry on echange server. > > thanks! > ...

eConnect Runtime 9.0.2?
Where can I get the runtime MSI for eConnect 9.0.2? ------=_NextPart_0001_60CDC8D7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The eConnect 9.0.2.0 Runtime is available on CustomerSource & PartnerSource. The link for the 9.0.2.0 Runtime for CustomerSource is https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/econnect9.0r untimedownloadsforisvs.htm?printpage=false. Corey Developer Support ------=_NextPart_0001_60CDC8D7 Content-Type: text/x-rtf Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans...

Outlook 2003 very slow
I have XP Pro SP2 with OL 2003. I recently ran spybot and spyblaster, which loaded my restricted zones. It was taking me 40 to 50 seconds to open or send an email. I deleted all restricted zone and trusted zone URLs and rebooted. My open and send time is now 20 secs. I also recently removed IM from my startup. Does anyone have any ideas about further fixes to this problem? In article <3C8CE89A-2AA5-4B69-8888-DD7129035693@microsoft.com>, dbriefly <dbriefly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have XP Pro SP2 with OL 2003. I recently ran spybot and spyblaster, which...

Viewing CRM 3.0 Notes in SharePoint
I have added a page viewer webpart to a sharepoint (sps) page to display data on a CRM account. All data and tabs display as they should except Notes. When I click on the Notes tab, none of the existing notes are displayed; just to option to add a new note. If I add a new note, it is displayed only until the page is refreshed and it then disappears. Text, picklist, and other fields display existing data correctly. Has anyone know how to display CRM 3.0 notes in a SharePoint webpart? Thanks Vic Coleman Can you share your web part with the community? maybe we can all help to re...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

Displaying custom entity information
I have a custom entity in which I am storing key data about an account. Question: Is there a way to setup a left navigation bar access to the custom entity that immediately goes to the form itself instead of the 1 to many relationship list screen for creating NEW custom entities records? In essence a 1 to 1 relationship that simply displays the tabs and fields that make up the entity. ...

vlookup first 4 characters only in a column
Hi Any help with the following would be greatly appreciated - I'm trying to do a vlookup whereby it only searches/has to match the first 4 characters in the utmost left column of the table and return the associated cell. My non working formula is: =VLOOKUP(A:A(left4),EmailList!A:C,3,FALSE) whereby the A:A(left4) is meant to be the first 4 characters from the left of the column. Thks Gus Try this: =VLOOKUP(LEFT(A1,4),EmailList!A:C,3,FALSE) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============...

VBA code to password protect and entry field?
Hi all! Here's an interesting project. In one of my forms in an acess DB, I have a text entry box. Now, I don't want just anyone to be able to type garbage into this text box. I also do not want to hide or lock it. I need to use it now and again. IS there some code snippet I can use to that will prompt for a password to unlock the text field? An example would be IF one were to click on the text field, A prompt would come up for a password. You enter the password and the text box would now be active to acept typing. Otherwize the text box needs to be greyed out and null...

Update from previous versions to GP 10.0
Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make decisions. Put service pack 5 on version 8, then update from there to 10.0 Make sure you also immediately use sp1 for Version 10 Mike "arielqs" <arielqs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12AD9FCB-84AD-45CF-898C-A943DB8216F4@microsoft.com... > Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and > then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? > > Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make dec...