Duplicate Lookup reference was found

I am trying to import related entity data to Contacts in a n:1 relationship.
The import has multiple records to be associated with a single contact.  I
keep getting Duplicate lookup reference was found error using the Import
Wizard, even though I select import duplicates.  Trying with DMM, it fails
with same error.  How can I get these mulitple records imported and
associated with proper Contacts?
0
KenCompter (36)
5/2/2009 4:59:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On May 3, 2:59=A0am, Ken Compter <KenComp...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I am trying to import related entity data to Contacts in a n:1 relationsh=
ip. =A0
> The import has multiple records to be associated with a single contact. =
=A0I
> keep getting Duplicate lookup reference was found error using the Import
> Wizard, even though I select import duplicates. =A0Trying with DMM, it fa=
ils
> with same error. =A0How can I get these mulitple records imported and
> associated with proper Contacts?

You'll generally get this kind of an error if you're trying to attach
a contact to, say, an account and there is more than one account with
the same name. This would be the first thing to check I think. In this
case I'm guessing its a duplicate surname that is causing you grief.

Leon Tribe
Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

0
leon.tribe (293)
5/3/2009 7:18:41 AM
Leon, that was it.  Thanks for the help!

"LeonTribe" wrote:

> On May 3, 2:59 am, Ken Compter <KenComp...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > I am trying to import related entity data to Contacts in a n:1 relationship.
> > The import has multiple records to be associated with a single contact.  I
> > keep getting Duplicate lookup reference was found error using the Import
> > Wizard, even though I select import duplicates.  Trying with DMM, it fails
> > with same error.  How can I get these mulitple records imported and
> > associated with proper Contacts?
>
> You'll generally get this kind of an error if you're trying to attach
> a contact to, say, an account and there is more than one account with
> the same name. This would be the first thing to check I think. In this
> case I'm guessing its a duplicate surname that is causing you grief.
>
> Leon Tribe
> Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
> http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

0
KenCompter (36)
5/3/2009 2:14:03 PM
Hi,
I'm experiencing the same type of error with an import of contracts that I'm
doing. Our system will have duplicate surnames  or first names. How do I get
the import to go through with these duplicates?

"Ken Compter" wrote:

> Leon, that was it.  Thanks for the help!
>
> "LeonTribe" wrote:
>
> > On May 3, 2:59 am, Ken Compter <KenComp...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > I am trying to import related entity data to Contacts in a n:1 relationship.
> > > The import has multiple records to be associated with a single contact.  I
> > > keep getting Duplicate lookup reference was found error using the Import
> > > Wizard, even though I select import duplicates.  Trying with DMM, it fails
> > > with same error.  How can I get these mulitple records imported and
> > > associated with proper Contacts?
> >
> > You'll generally get this kind of an error if you're trying to attach
> > a contact to, say, an account and there is more than one account with
> > the same name. This would be the first thing to check I think. In this
> > case I'm guessing its a duplicate surname that is causing you grief.
> >
> > Leon Tribe
> > Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
> > http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

0
R (97)
10/6/2009 8:41:01 AM
On Oct 6, 7:41=A0pm, Gail R <Gail R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm experiencing the same type of error with an import of contracts that =
I'm
> doing. Our system will have duplicate surnames =A0or first names. How do =
I get
> the import to go through with these duplicates?
>

> "Ken Compter" wrote:
> > Leon, that was it. =A0Thanks for the help!
>
> > "LeonTribe" wrote:

> > > You'll generally get this kind of an error if you're trying to attach
> > > a contact to, say, an account and there is more than one account with
> > > the same name. This would be the first thing to check I think. In thi=
> > > case I'm guessing its a duplicate surname that is causing you grief.
>
> > > Leon Tribe
> > > Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
> > >http://leontribe.blogspot.com/- Hide quoted text -

You'll have to link off the GUID rather than the name. Here is a link
for doing it with DMM but I believe the format for the import wizard
is the same:

http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-dynamics-crm/459400-data-import-contacts=
-parent-customer-reference-lookup.html

To get a list of the GUIDs, this should help:

http://leontribe.blogspot.com/2008/12/how-do-i-get-guid-in-crm.html

Leon Tribe
Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
or hear me tweet @leontribe
0
leon.tribe (293)
10/7/2009 7:30:35 PM
On Oct 6, 1:41=A0am, Gail R <Gail R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm experiencing the same type of error with an import of contracts that =
I'm
> doing. Our system will have duplicate surnames =A0or first names. How do =
I get
> the import to go through with these duplicates?
>

> "Ken Compter" wrote:
> > Leon, that was it. =A0Thanks for the help!
>
> > "LeonTribe" wrote:

> > > You'll generally get this kind of an error if you're trying to attach
> > > a contact to, say, an account and there is more than one account with
> > > the same name. This would be the first thing to check I think. In thi=
> > > case I'm guessing its a duplicate surname that is causing you grief.
>
> > > Leon Tribe
> > > Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
> > >http://leontribe.blogspot.com/- Hide quoted text -

Gail,
What I typically do (easier then messing with the different GUID
syntax needed for import vs. DMM) is just add an identity column (in
Excel, just insert a new column, type 1 in the first row of data, 2 in
the second, then click on the little box on the lower-right hand
corner of the second row, and drag down the sheet to fill in the
numbers).  Add a new field to your account and contact record
(ImportID, integer).   Then you can just link on this new custom
field, and be assured that you are linking to the record you
imported.  (Just remember to allow dupes on your import).
HTH,
Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Cell: 503-351-4207
Email: davidlcarr@earthlink.net
http://www.vscrm.com

0
davidlcarr (94)

Duplicates

Named Range References
If I have a named range, but want to reference it starting in a row where it usually doesn't start (i.e. on another sheet, range begins in row 2, on this sheet want it to start on row 10), how do I do this? Excel doesn't do it automatically. James, Select the range - starting with row 10 - that you want to name, then in the name box type 'Sheet Name'!RangeName and press enter. Of course, replace Sheet Name with the actual sheet name, and RangeName with your name. Then you will have a name that is local to that sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <jamescorcoran@gmail.c...

Receiving duplicate emails

Lookup/Index/Match does not work with Numbers
Hello, I have a few master reference tables that I use to complete entries on another worksheet that basically compiles all of the reference data for a given set of key values. One of my reference tables has codes that are either numeric, alphanumeric, or alphabetic. Associated with each code are several other values that I want to look up and report in the compiling spreadsheet. Entering either the alphanumeric or the alphabetic results in the additional values being references and entered properly. However, when I try to enter any of the numeric codes, I get #N/A. The cell format does ...

Error message
When I try to open Outlook 2000 (Vista OS) it always opens the Outlook 2000 Startup dialog box, as if startup never completed. Then I get the message "The procedure entry point StrTokEx could not be located in the dynamic link library MSOERT2.dll. I've tried to uninstall Outlook but it doesn't appear in Control Panel/ Programs or in Windows Install Cleanup. I've tried both the reinstall and the repair. Any advice please? Thanks in advance. See if this article explains things: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814442 OL2002: Error Messages After You Install Windows 2000 SP...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

lookup date, sum up total...
Hello all, Here is my situation: Worksheet 1 A B C D 1.)1/1/05 Data Data P&L 2.)1/2/05 Data Data P&L .. .. .. 365.) 12/31/05 Data Data P&L ............................................................ Worksheet 2 A B 1.) January =IF(Worksheet1=January, then sum all january P&L (Ignore other months)) 2.) February =IF(Worksheet1=February, then sum all February P&L (Ignore other months)) .. .. .. 12.) December =IF(Worksheet1=December, then sum all DecemberP&L (Ignore other months)) what formula do I need to...

cell reference question
I'm as new to Excel as can be, so be gentle. When making reference to a certain cell (say, Cell J60, containing a total), what's the difference between using =J60 and $J$60. I've read about this in the Microsoft KB but I don't have enough experience to understand it. Can you put it in as simple terms as possible for me? A million Thank You's! "Island Girl" <IslandGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20A76CA9-F60A-4E7C-BB4D-22A38B6FE68A@microsoft.com... > what's the difference between using =J60 and $J$60 $J$60 is what is...

Office must be able to connect to the Internet to use Reference To
We are behind a proxy firewall that prompts for userid and passwords for connection to the internet. The reference tools in Office 2008 do not work without connection to the internet. They do not attempt to connect thru the proxy, just give the error that you are not connected to the internet. Is there any fix or workaround for this? Thanks. Jeff ...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

duplicate emails received
I've been receiving duplicate emails. This doesn't happen with all the emails I receive, only with some of them. "Leave a copy on the server" is not checked. I don't know the reason why this happens. Can somebody help me. Thanks in advance. ...

The logged-in user was not found in the Active Directory.
I have just installed CRM. The Administrator login returns the "The logged-in user was not found in the Active Directory." Error. 0x80040226 Source File: d:\crm\core\src\platform\security\crmsecurity\secmain.cpp Line Number: 2290 It worked for localhost login until a license was assigned to the administarator, Now it returns this error every time. Other users are able to login in. Just NOT the Administrator. What could cause this? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM ------=_NextPart_0001_9046D274 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7b...

If and LOOKUP
I want to lookup a value in a table, then return a value to a different column based on the result. For example: Sheet 1 has: col A ------ 1 2 3 4 Sheet 2 (LOOKUP table) has: col A col B ------ ------ 1 Apple 2 Banana 3 Carrot 4 Date I want to write a formula in sheet 1 that says: if the value in col A is 1, enter Apple in col B if the value in col A is 2, enter Banana in col C if the value in col A is 3, enter Carrot in col D if the value in col A is 4, enter Date in...

Delete duplicate record
Hi, I have a table with 10,000 rows and 10 columns. Column 1 has text values, I want to delete the record if they have a duplicate, that is delete all the records. So if Column 1 has a two, three, four,... rows with the same value I would delete ALL the two, three, four... rows. I have a query that finds the duplicate, but how do you delete this? Thanks for your help on this Dear Jeff, You could create an exact same table structure without any records. In that new table make the column 1 the primary key. Then append the table. "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a t...

some kind of meta-way to refer to sheet and file names in Excel?
Is there a way to refer to use a variable as the sheet or file name in an excel formula? For example, let's say that in columns A and B, I've got the names of a set of workbooks and sheets that I want to refer to... Column A Column B Book1 Sheet1 Book1 Sheet2 Book1 Sheet3 Book2 Sheet1 Book2 Sheet2 Book2 Sheet3 Book3 Sheet1 Book3 Sheet2 Book3 Sheet3 And let's say I want to know what's in cell A1 in each of those sheets... So in cell C1, I've got =[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$A$1 Is there anything I can do short of writing a macro (which is what I'm doing now) to just get Excel...

RM00401 duplicated document numbers
Hi everyone, We are using version 10.00 There are some batches that don't post correctly. When the posting process begins, is getting stuck in some point in the progress and crashes. When we search in the tables, the documents appear in both WORK and HIST SOPs. This case has ocurred before, so, what we do is search and be sure that the GL accounts are ok, affecting the right amounts and then, delete the transaction of the WORK table. The problem we have now, is that every time the batch is trying to post, creates a docnumbr in the RM00401 with the same number and 0's added. For exam...

searching a column for duplicate, then replacing the row.
i have a userform that pulls in information from a row on spreadsheet. i.e. workbook(1).sheets(1) column A contains a list of numbers. userform1.listbox1 has a list of all the numbers in column A when the listbox1 is clicked it fills in all the appropriate control with what is in the other columns on the same row. column A number i placed in textbox1 on userform. right now, after changes to the form and the user clicks th commandbutton to save. it creates a whole new row with the same numbe in column A, so i have duplicates. is there a way to replace the entire row instead? with a msgbo...

receivde mail as duplicate all the time
Hi, my outlook mail inbox always received same message duplicate sometimes triplicate as same messgae. how can i correct just once mail message, not duplicate or triplicate of same message? YH Lee <YH Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, my outlook mail inbox always received same message duplicate > sometimes triplicate as same messgae. how can i correct just once > mail message, not duplicate or triplicate of same message? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...