Duplicate appointments in Outlook Calendar using CRM for Outlook 3.0

We have a few employees here who are getting duplicate appointments in their
Outlook calendars.  What is happening is that the assistant is creating a
meeting on her calendar, and inviting several people.  The meeting is also
tracked in CRM.  Everyone gets the meeting request and it appears on their
calendars properly.  However, two people will then check their calendars
after a few minutes, and see a duplicate appointment, always 3 hours
earlier.  I believe this is coming from CRM when it synchronizes with their
Outlook.  Anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it?

I suppose I could have the two people stop synchronizing "Appointments I'm
attending" but then they might not get other appointments they need to see.
Also, if the meetings were duplicated, but at the correct time, that also
wouldn't be so bad, as now it can be confusing as to which one is correct.

The two people who are having this issue are in London, while almost all of
the other employees are in the US, but the time difference is 5 hours, not
3, and everyone's clock and timezone are set properly.  Everyone is running
Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP SP2.

0
MH
5/22/2007 3:55:24 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can anyone help me out with this?  Any help at all would be much
appreciated.  The people this is affecting are starting to get frustrated.
Thanks.

"MH" <mhalpernathamiltonlaneremovethisdotcom> wrote in message
> We have a few employees here who are getting duplicate appointments in
> their Outlook calendars.  What is happening is that the assistant is
> creating a meeting on her calendar, and inviting several people.  The
> meeting is also tracked in CRM.  Everyone gets the meeting request and it
> appears on their calendars properly.  However, two people will then check
> their calendars after a few minutes, and see a duplicate appointment,
> always 3 hours earlier.  I believe this is coming from CRM when it
> synchronizes with their Outlook.  Anyone know why this is happening and
> how to stop it?
>
> I suppose I could have the two people stop synchronizing "Appointments I'm
> attending" but then they might not get other appointments they need to
> see. Also, if the meetings were duplicated, but at the correct time, that
> also wouldn't be so bad, as now it can be confusing as to which one is
> correct.
>
> The two people who are having this issue are in London, while almost all
> of the other employees are in the US, but the time difference is 5 hours,
> not 3, and everyone's clock and timezone are set properly.  Everyone is
> running Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP SP2.

0
MH

cannot print calendar
When I select 'file-print-page set-up' nothing happens. When I select file-print-preview-page setup, I get an error message ' cannot display dialog box'. Help - I want to print from selections available. I use Outlook calendar at work and I know that there are selections available. Does anyone know a fix for this problem? Thanks, I appreciate any help. Similar problem on migrating from OL03 (DELL Dimension D505, W2000 Server) to OL07 (DELL Latitude E6500, W7). Daily & Tri-Fold views won't (or would not) Preview or Print in OL07 for my HP1200, but W...

Outlook 2007 Mail Stuck in Outbox
I am using Outlook 2007 and it worked fine until - I selected a document in 'MyDocuments' and right clicked and selected 'Send to Email Recipient' It went to my Outbox but appeared to be stuck there and not sent. Did not appear in 'Sent Items' folder at all but I discovered that it did send, each time I checked my email! I have run a test on the account and it was good. I have deleted the email account and setup a new one and same problem. Re-boot etc. makes no difference. Problem noted in forum at http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1187208&...

Duplicates

Export address book from Windows live to M/S Outlook
Hi Can someone please tell me how to export my address book from Windows Live to Microsoft Outlook . Have tried to do it through Import/Export but with no luck. Have managed to transfer all mail. Mzany thanks Carol Windows Live Mail Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "carolnpete" <cnp@ntlw...

Removal of Outlook
How do I completely remove outlook 2000 from an office 2000 install....need info for removing the registry entries too... ...

Outlook email account, can't delete
I have Outlook 2002 hitting an Exchange 5.5 server on a laptop that I've given to a new user. The old user's mailbox remains in Outlook even though it doesn't exist in E-Mail Accounts\Exchange Server Settings under the Tools menu. Nor does it exist under the new user's account as an additional mailbox. How do I remove it? Additional info: my Exchange server died last week and I rebuilt Exchange on a differently named server. The mailbox that I want to remove attempts to connect to the old Exchange server. Also, I just upgraded the laptop from Win98 to XP Pro and ...

Drop Down Menus #3
I am creating a spreadsheet with product name, numbers, manufacturers etc. I created drop down menus for product numbers using dat validation. Now I need to figure out how to make the other informatio (product name, manufacturer, etc) display in the other cells once select the product number. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi probably VLOOKUP is the function you're looking for. Some assumptions for my example: - A1 stores the result of your product-no. validation listbox - you have a data sheet (lets say 'product_data')...

Color quality changes when I open Outlook 2007
The color quality on my computer changes from 32 bits to 8 bits when I first open Outlook. It also does it when I link to the internet from an email. I have to go back to my desktop to change the color quality back to 32 bits. This corrects the appearance of Outlook, but if I have linked to the internet, the website nav bars are still all blacked out. In some cases, the text is blacked out and other times, the color quality is still messed up on the website. Has anyone else experienced this? There is another user set up on the same computer that does not experience these iss...

Outlook interfering with Excel?
Our email server is 2003 running exchange 2003 in a 2000 domain. The client is running Win 2000 sp 5 and office xp. The problem is when they are working in Excel and Outlook is open, when they receive an e-mail, the content of the cell in which they are working in Excel turns to the 2 letters "jf". If they do not notice then then the contents are saved. Email notification is turned off. Any suggestions? Regards, ...

SOP transactions not posted/posted??? #3
Hi, I have a weird sort of Error in the SOP module of Great Plains version 7 (pervasive) The smart list shows an Invoice as unposted, but when go do to the Sales Transaction entry screen and enter the invoice number, a pop up displays a message that the inovoice number is posted??? i have tried to run check links, but it shows no errors... so how can this be resolved... thanks in advance Sajid Saeed ...

Receiving duplicate emails

Printing issues #3
I am trying to print a postcard (designed in publisher) using Avery #5389 postcard stock. I can't get the margins right so that both postcards are centered and don't overlap. Are you using a template? Are you saying your printer is not lining up correctly? Print to plain paper and adjust accordingly. Your roller may not be feeding quite right. If you are using a template there will be one card on your screen. Are you setting up the cards manually? This is the measurements you should be using in Arrange, layout guides, if you are doing the cards manually. Left and Right margi...

Use a Word template in Notes section of Outlook Appointment
I need to insert a Word 2007 template into the "Notes" section of an appointment in Outlook 2007. When I paste the template and try it, it works beautifully. However, when I save the appointment and re-open it the functionality of the template is lost; it is only text. I did save the Word Template in "Trusted Documents". I appreciate any help you can give me! ...

Lotus Notes and MS SBS+CRM
Hello to all, I have one customer who want to use CRM with Notes. He has using NT4 PDC, NT4 BDC, Fil/Print server, Notes, SQL, AS/400 and Citrix. Now he is intresting in AD using small business server with MS CRM. I need idea for this structure who can i make this in working or any other idea for AD, CRM, Notes and Citrix. *Customer have 45 empoly in local office and around 12000 empoly in all over the world. -- Olav Click Soft The short answer: No. The long answer: Not with SBS. He could commit to a full AD configuration, and add Exchange for the CRM Email functionality, but he'...

Outlook Add-in -- Personal Folders Backup
I use Outlook 2003. I am having a problem getting Personal Folders Back-up add-in to install properly. I downloaded pfbackup.exe from Microsoft. I signed into my computer as Administrator and ran the executable. It appears to have installed perfectly and is visible as "back up" in the "file" menu of outlook. I signed out of my admin account and signed into my limited user account I use for everyday tasks. I went into outlook and found that "back up" doesn't appear in the "file" menu. Why is this? How can I get it to install to all users on m...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Easiest way of moving CRM 3 data to new server
We setup all of our CRM 3 data on an old server. Now that we are using CRM for real, we have ordered a nice new shiny box for CRM to run on. Is there an easy way to move the CRM data across from the current box to the new one? If not, its not a great problem, but would save a lot of boring jobs for someone here. Olly Check the Implementation Guide for the recovery options. You can follow those basic steps to "restore" the data to the new SQL box. Another option would be to explore the Redeployment Tool. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Oliver Marshall" <O...

outlook 2000 to 2002
I had an hard drive in comp. A. bought comp. B moved over hard drive from A to B as a slave. Every thing is there spread sheets ect... My only problem was emails. I can do a search *.pst I see the file but I can not open it. The microsoft call center is no help.. Are these lost ? Not lost at all, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucso...

What are the advantages of using Access over Excel?
Homework? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dems" <dems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11A30FC3-E7D8-4F24-8949-9EBD0A4CD3D6@microsoft.com... > What are the advantages of using a car over a telephone ? HTH. best wishes Harald "dems" <dems@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:11A30FC3-E7D8-4F24-8949-9EBD0A4CD3D6@microsoft.com... > They ask meaningless things like this in schools ? Disturbing. Best wishes Harald "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> ...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

Question about Outlook client config
I have several thousand Outlook 2003 clients that currently have their "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" set to a local PST. I need a reliable way to force all of these system to deliver to their Exchange mailbox without losing all of the other settings within their Mail profile. I have tried to use a PRF, but the only way that I can get the PRF to force the change from PST to mailbox is to use the "Overwrite existing Exchange settings if an Exchange connection exists," but this seems to "overwrite" too many other options to be a viabl...

Emails not showing up in Outlook but can be seen on Webmail
I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and Express its saying they have new email but none of these new emails are in their inboxes. so i told them to log into webmail, and they can see the emails there... all of these clients are using IMAP and could have very large inboxes.. what could be the problem here? why isnt outlook downloading the emails properly? Do they have LAN or WAN access? -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "beanfieldtech@gmail.com" wrote: > I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and E...